Official site update (July 1st)

Getting intimate how would that work with this games story?

The truth is I am Shiida's true love. Let's not think about Minerva / Lena though for a minute. I think they just mean "support convos".

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the only thing they need to do about the Choose your own character in this game would be to add a little.....Color...

Know what I'm sayin'? I'm not sure about the other people here, but if My character was black like muah, I'd somewhat feel closer to the game...but hey that's just me...

Great, first the Pokemon chicks and now this. Why can't Nintendo have a female that wears full pants? Atlus has done it, and the results were hotter than short short wearing girls ever wear.

Edited by deuxhero

I think the My Unit will act virtually the same way as Lyn. Background helper for characters, prologue person. Let's face it, she wasn't that important. Neither will the My Unit in my opinion. The My Unit may be a bit more significant though.

Great, first the Pokemon chicks and now this. Why can't Nintendo have a female that wears full pants? Atlus has done it, and the results were hotter than short short wearing girls ever wear.

Well, FE9 had 4 females wearing full pants (and a few wearing tights and/or boots that suitably covered their legs... Lucia's thigh-high boots being the most interesting for this game)

Eight is a bit debatable on its two females with pants. Neimi's are shorts but they go past her knees, and Tethys's pants are technically see through.

Seven... is a bad example, okay!

Six gives us a nice and respectable score of... Six, actually (although that Dancer's pants are see-through and go just over the knee only... I say that counts still).

Five gets us three. For the record I am only counting pants and not tights, or things that might be tights with REALLY TALL BOOTS. As the comment was about pants... As an aside seriously do boots only come in thigh high in this world, even the guys are wearing them...

Four gets us three... I think. I got distracted, okay! Dancers in this game don't understand how to wear clothes. >.>

Three Book 1 has 1, and Book 2 gives us 2 more. Total of 3!

I mean, given the art style and the fan service they aim for these numbers are pretty good... if you ignore how many females are in each game I mean. And this was just pants, most girls have rather respectable leg coverage in very interesting ways... except the dancers in FE4 who REALLY don't understand clothing and wearing them. Not that this is a complaint at all. ^_^

except the dancers in FE4 who REALLY don't understand clothing and wearing them.

Claude:

Miss Sylvia? What seems to be the problem? Did you run across some bandits, perhaps?

Sylvia:

...What?

Claude:

Well, it's just that... I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're in your underwear.

Doesn't seem like anyone's complaining here. :awesome:

It would certainly be funny if they introduced a flat, generic custom character for the purpose of fleshing out all the flat, generic regular characters from Shadow Dragon. But then FE3 had somewhat more actual story and character depth than FE1, so we can hope... I just appreciate the contradiction.

Unless the custom character actually has a personality and talks, and a personal storyline expertly interwoven into the main story through gaiden chapters without derailing Marth's main storyline. Then I'll forgive them for everything they ever did, ever.

It would certainly be funny if they introduced a flat, generic custom character for the purpose of fleshing out all the flat, generic regular characters from Shadow Dragon. But then FE3 had somewhat more actual story and character depth than FE1, so we can hope... I just appreciate the contradiction.

Unless the custom character actually has a personality and talks, and a personal storyline expertly interwoven into the main story through gaiden chapters without derailing Marth's main storyline. Then I'll forgive them for everything they ever did, ever.

I hope we get diferent storys depending on what past we chose...

Well this must be expecting too much, we can dream can't we?

What the cuss is this past/present/future people keep talking about???

from this page on the main site @ http://serenesforest.net/fe3ds/info.html

that was added after some searching and an initial by Vincent, IIRC

My Unit customisation

You can set the following:

* Name

* Class -

* Males can choose from Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer or Mage.

* Females can be a Myrmidon, Pegasus Knight, Cavalier, Archer or Mage.

* Appearance - This includes 13 hairstyles, 10 hair colours and 10 types of eyes. There are even Mohawk and Afro hairstyles. You can set eyes to be closed or have eyepatches, and there are also mouth masks.

* You can choose your character's past, present and future (probably affects your stat growth) -

* Past: Merchant's child, Cleric's child, Orphan, Farmer's child, Noble's child

* Present: Beautiful, Wise, Diverse, Strong

* Future: Humanitarian, Truth-seeker, Recluse

Be warned that none of the above details have currently been confirmed.

Either "My Unit" got an overdose on DracoKnight EXP or the Prologue chapters this time around results in more EXP... Level 11.54 at the end of

Chapter 4

is ridiculous.

I'm expecting to see that new Marich/Merric sprite as an avatar and BB to have Cecil on his Sig or avatar.

Edited by Speedwagon

Downloadable content includes new episodes, interesting.

EDIT

Summary:

The remaining three sections of the official site are now available to view.

What is Fire Emblem? - A brief discussion of what a Fire Emblem game is like and what this game is about.

Basics of Battle - Describes the flow of battle and includes a video. Clearing a map typically requires conquering the enemy's castle or base, but the site mentions there are some battles where the victory condition might be slightly different. If Marth or My Unit's HP reaches 0, the player receives a Game Over. At the very bottom are two subsections Weapons and Classes, which have yet to be added.

Spreading the Fun of New Mystery of the Emblem - Contains various topics about the new features added to the game, including: My Unit, Casual Mode, Character relationship diagram, Downloadable content, Saving methods, Communication battle, Loan unit and Online Shop. Most of the details have already been revealed elsewhere or are identical to Shadow Dragon. The most interesting new detail is that the downloadable maps are confirmed to be new chapters. Episode 1, "Wind and Thunder", seems to focus on Merric and Ellerean, possibly before the main game begins.

Edited by VincentASM

Wow, downloadable maps that are new chapters? This certainly one way to help flesh out parts of the story. That's a good opportunity to give certain characters some backstory as well. Great update! I'm kind of disappointed that the battle animations are the same (although, we only saw the mercenary and pirate animations). I just hope that Marth's is different--,oh, please IS!!

FE3DS animations are what I actually imagined the next step of GBA animations to be.

GBA sprites as the bases, but with gradient shading and more fluid animation without having to resort to action lines.

Wow, downloadable maps that are new chapters? This certainly one way to help flesh out parts of the story. That's a good opportunity to give certain characters some backstory as well. Great update! I'm kind of disappointed that the battle animations are the same (although, we only saw the mercenary and pirate animations). I just hope that Marth's is different--,oh, please IS!!

IF you look at the screenshots you can see that Marth's is basically just the same with a few different colors.

Please tell me those downloadable chapters aren't DSi only :| This is a strangely awesome thing for Nintendo to do, I really hope they didn't completely mess it up.