World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLAZO-LAZO-LAZO-LAZO-AAAAAAAAAAAAZOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My roommate these days is from Honduras, and he's a big soccer nut. He's really hyped up about this World Cup since it's the first time in his life that his home country has qualified, but he knows how to be realistic when he's not talking up his own country and says Germany or Brazil will probably take the cup. The three Brazilians I've talked to about it all say the same thing, even if they're a bit more friendly toward their own country, and it goes without saying that a Brazilian knows what he's talking about when it comes to soccer.

I think Spain has a pretty good chance too though, for the simple fact that they've had many fewer troubles getting a good national team ready than the other big competitors have had in the last few weeks. I also think Slovenia, Ivory Coast and Ghana will do better than people are expecting, though I doubt any of those are going to win.

But my heart is with Mexico, the land of my birth and the dwelling place of my heart. (Keep in mind California was Mexican for decades before the United States illegally occupied and annexed it.) The goal the Mexican team scored in the first match today had me and my Mexican rasta friend shouting and taking shots of arack in celebration, daylight be damned.

Edited by Hero

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France vs. Uruguay

Great result for Uruguay, but not exactly an exciting match, 'til the end. lol@Henry appealing for handball.

France vs. Uruguay was a terrible match to watch. Pretty much nothing happened until the end. Personally I think it was because both teams were playing not to lose, rather than to win.

Really, the most exciting part was when Lodeiro was sent off the field with a red card.

Still, it's one step closer...to 2002 again. And if France fails in the first round I'll then hope that South Africa emulates either Senegal and gets to the quarters or emulates South Korea and gets to the semis.

Still, it's one step closer...to 2002 again. And if France fails in the first round I'll then hope that South Africa emulates either Senegal and gets to the quarters or emulates South Korea and gets to the semis.

Ah, Korea. That year they really shook things up. It was really one of the most interesting years of the world cup. I honestly never thought they're make it so far. They were sort of the underdog.

Ah, Korea. That year they really shook things up. It was really one of the most interesting years of the world cup. I honestly never thought they're make it so far. They were sort of the underdog.

They reeeeeeally shouldn't have got past Spain. That match was one huge cheat.

All things considered, Mexico vs South Africa was a decent match overall. LOL at the Defender-turned-DM Rafa scoring the mexico goal. Also Blanco is old but he's really good in a withdrawn midfield role.

Aslo, Johnny Two Saints is still awesome. COYS!

I didn't watch Uru-Fra because I'm in New Zealand right now and the match is on at like 6:30AM so I'm glad I didn't miss much.

Spain, then... I dunno, Switzerland?

Chile. They're much better than people give them credit for.

No posting here?

Greece are a bunch of muppets. They deserve to lose 2-0 to South Korea. very average game though.

Argentina were very entertaining. If it wasn't for an excellent Vincent Eneyema in goal Argentina might have put in 3 or 4 goals.

Saw the Argentina Vs. Nigeria game a while ago. I'm happy to know we'll be airing the games, since I thought we wouldn't because Iran isn't participating.

Looking forward to Greece and Korea's game.

Edited by Nightmare

Argentina were very entertaining. If it wasn't for an excellent Vincent Eneyema in goal Argentina might have put in 3 or 4 goals.

Indeed. Also Nigeria wasted way too many goals as well. It could've been an even better match.

Can't wait to see Messi and Milito own Greece and Korea

Greece didn't play like they wanted to win at all. South Korea had some excellent shots and I'm happy they upset Greece. Argentina vs. Nigeria was very exciting until maybe the last 20 minutes. The Nigerian goalkeeper was my man of the match.

I really, really want the US to win, though I think honestly England probably will. I would love to see two upsets. I think it'll be an exciting match though.

The limeys got what's coming to them after that BS goal in the first five minutes, no two ways about it, though I was a bit surprised they didn't switch Green out right away at halftime.

Mark my words, that man's not going to play again for the rest of this tournament.

The limeys got what's coming to them after that BS goal in the first five minutes, no two ways about it, though I was a bit surprised they didn't switch Green out right away at halftime.

Mark my words, that man's not going to play again for the rest of this tournament.

I hear the coach didn't know whether to use Green or the other keeper.

Yeah, he's quite likely out.

The USA could have won too. But that's not what happened.

Green didn't allow that much.

England played way better. Though they always shooted right into U.S.'s goalkeeper.

I love the English.

I just watched that game and all I could think is "why the hell do you keep shooting yourself in the foot?". Hensky was absolutely awful, especially on that breakaway in the 54th minute. And the number of stupid mistakes that the entire team made was staggering.

It's a shame, really. They're a good team but they just have no discipline on the field.

England played way better.

I don't think you and I watched the same game. They definitely were not playing well. I mean they had more possession of the ball but their shots were either wide or right to Howard. Not to discount how well Howard handled the pressure.

I don't think you and I watched the same game. They definitely were not playing well. I mean they had more possession of the ball but their shots were either wide or right to Howard. Not to discount how well Howard handled the pressure.

I didn't say they played well. I said they played better.

Which, you know, is a comparison. They had more possession of the ball, attacked more and more dangerously.

Of course, they failed exactly where it mattered, but that's how football works.