Aran

The reason that Aran is a clown in Hard Mode is that he's a terrible unit in 1-3 (shit accuracy, doubling nothing, taking forever to kill something, even a myrmidon), faces instant death chances against everything in 1-4, and only has about 6-7 chapters worth of opportunities to hit promotion by Endgame (which is a problem when you start at level 7). Jill smokes him for contributions, something also not yet reflected in the tier list.

Aran's accuracy is not significantly worse than other units. Nolan, for example, has 107 hit with the Steel. Aran has 115 hit with his Iron. Nolan is not doubling anything and is in fact at minor risk of being doubled himself if we didn't give him the Drop, since if he fails to proc STR or SPD, he has 7 AS. The number of characters you have that double reliably can be counted on one finger, in fact. Unless you want to count GJ's Edward or Ilyana with a Speed transfer.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Aran and Neph, but use Neph more. Why? She can solo all of part 2 on NM, as well as be third tier before P3. (W/o Hacking.) I think that is pretty cool myself. (It's not hard, but at least it's better than easy. She could probably solo P2HM too. I haven't tried it though.)

I like Aran and Neph, but use Neph more. Why? She can solo all of part 2 on NM, as well as be third tier before P3. (W/o Hacking.) I think that is pretty cool myself. (It's not hard, but at least it's better than easy. She could probably solo P2HM too. I haven't tried it though.)

how do you have her solo 2-1? because mostly she has to eat alot of vulneries there.

how do you have her solo 2-1? because mostly she has to eat alot of vulneries there.

You answered your own question. And Brom can do it too, since Nephenee isn't doubling much on HM anymore.

She'd need transfers for HM.

You answered your own question. And Brom can do it too, since Nephenee isn't doubling much on HM anymore.

oh... :facepalm: of course =p

and i would agree with above poster, tansfers help and make it possible for HM, if only i could get transfers, but my gamecube like broke right before i got PoR so i had to play on wii

oh... :facepalm: of course =p

and i would agree with above poster, tansfers help and make it possible for HM, if only i could get transfers, but my gamecube like broke right before i got PoR so i had to play on wii

How is that a problem? You still save to Gamecube memory cards.

How is that a problem? You still save to Gamecube memory cards.

well then my wii will not recignize it because it just freezes if i say i want to transfer data.

Zettai Ryouiki >>>>>>>> Aran's armour,just saying.

Also,my opinion on Aran was stated earlier

Nephenee's has a skirt. Instant win in my book.

Already addressed,my friend.

Have you tried doing it on a transfer from NM/HM on PoR? I know that some RD discs can't handle transfers from an EM PoR data.

thats probly it since i think most recent data is EM

Nephenee's has a skirt. Instant win in my book.

for sure!! :DDD

I enjoy using Aran, Danved/Devdan, Nephenee simply because of how much I love their class(es).

Although I've used Nephenee the most because she's the easiest to train. I used Nephy on my first run, Devdan on my second, and on my current one Aran is taking the spotlight (endgame)

Edited by Queen_Elincia

You can tell the difference by people who play Easy/Normal, and people who play Hard mode, because the first group of people think that Aran is actually useful for something other than a laugh.

I play on Easy and I won't touch him because of that godawful speed growth (seriously, it's like having another Micaiah)...

I use Devdan and Nephenee, because their Spd exists. Not to mention they could support each other for Atk bonus, as well as the fact they have a bond with each other.

You completely missed the entire point of my post, and I doubt this is going to change, even if I restate what I am saying a thousand times, so I'll stop here and not feed your OCD arguing.

As near as I can tell, the point of your post was to serve as a smokescreen to distract attention from the dirty diaper that you stepped in; just like the one prior to that, and the one that I'm replying to now.

None of Int's remarks were in response to that, or anything the OP said in particular.

I made a response to your comment. You know, the one where you said in a post about Aran -- and with no apparent sense of irony -- that everyone was great in Part 4.

you say people that play HM only sit and laugh at EM/NM players?

No, I didn't say that. Sorry that the entire premise of your post just ceased to exist.

Aran's accuracy is not significantly worse than other units. Nolan, for example, has 107 hit with the Steel. Aran has 115 hit with his Iron. Nolan is not doubling anything and is in fact at minor risk of being doubled himself if we didn't give him the Drop, since if he fails to proc STR or SPD, he has 7 AS. The number of characters you have that double reliably can be counted on one finger, in fact. Unless you want to count GJ's Edward or Ilyana with a Speed transfer.

Aran's accuracy is significant because he's not bringing anything else to the table. His durability -- which wasn't that great to begin with -- suffers from having unreliable 2-range, due to taking counters (unless you set up kills for him). His offense is nothing to write home about: he's losing HIT and probably mt to Eddie, of all people. The porcelain dolls of the army at least have the good fortune to hit hard (Ilyana), accurately (Leo), or both (Micaiah). And God help Aran if you have the presence of mind to hit Nolan with either of the stat boosters (Draco or Drop) before 1-3 gets going.

Point is, you can kill Aran by accident in 1-3 and it wouldn't make much of a difference. His value as a blocker is renowned, but largely undeserved.