Aran

I prefer Nephenee over Aran because I can give her a lot of favouritism in part 2 and 3 while Aran sucks in 1-4 which is the only part 1 map that matters.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he only really sucks in 1-4 in HM. If you look at NM, he actually has the potential to reach 3HKO status fairly easily as well as avoiding crits from tigers. I think cats might still have a little crit, but he's 4+HKOd by them, IIRC. I don't think anyone (even Meg) is really having much trouble.

I prefer Nephenee over Aran because I can give her a lot of favouritism in part 2 and 3 while Aran sucks in 1-4 which is the only part 1 map that matters.

I have absolutely no idea if you are being sarcastic or not. I would point out, though, that while 1-4 isn't the only part 1 map that matters, the fact that it comes almost immediately after he joins makes his level 7 base just that much more insulting. Cexp comes how?

I can't tell when Aran has already moved because his armor color is almost identical to his already-moved gray-out.

I can tell when Nephenee and Danved haven't moved.

Therefore, they are better, because I remember to actually use them.

Also I don't use the GCN controller so it's really tedious to next-unit.

Disprove that.

I can't tell when Aran has already moved because his armor color is almost identical to his already-moved gray-out.

I can tell when Nephenee and Danved haven't moved.

Therefore, they are better, because I remember to actually use them.

Also I don't use the GCN controller so it's really tedious to next-unit.

Disprove that.

this belongs on a topic about nealuchi. and how is it hard to cycle through with wiimote? i play with both and actually perfer wiimote.

and btw im sure everyone shares this opinon everyone hates aran not for his speed growth. its for his STR growth and his grey armour.

I didn't realize "southern accent" was a personality.

Maybe that's because you're misspelling "self-conscious farmgirl and reluctant warrior" as "southern accent". It's OK, the keys are right next to each other.

Maybe that's because you're misspelling "self-conscious farmgirl and reluctant warrior" as "southern accent". It's OK, the keys are right next to each other.

Brom and Calill supports - oh no i have an accent people will laugh

Devdan - She pretty much shits her pants in fear, but that's conversations with Devdan for you.

Admittedly, I completely skipped over Nephenee's recruitment conversation in FE9, but I doubt something like that is going to add any characterization whatsoever, and we certainly can't count on FE10 to give us anything.

So, yeah, "southern accent" sums things up pretty accurately. I'll give you "self-concious", I guess, but she still has almost no personality.

So, yeah, "southern accent" sums things up pretty accurately.

No it doesn't. The southern accent was added in localization.

I'll give you "self-concious", I guess, but she still has almost no personality.

And yet, she still has more personality than Aran, due to her background and mannerisms. This -- like the difference between someone who gets critblicked vs. someone who does not -- is a small but important distinction.

No it doesn't. The southern accent was added in localization.

And your point is...? Even if Nephenee was transformed from a warrior princess from Pluto into a hick, it doesn't change the fact that she's a hick with no personality in the English verison.

And yet, she still has more personality than Aran, due to her background and mannerisms.

Soul: Nephenee has a great personality.

Me: Yeah, Nephenee has no personality.

You: ARAN SUCKS.

This -- like the difference between someone who gets critblicked vs. someone who does not -- is a small but important distinction.

Oh my, aren't you a clever one.

Soul: Nephenee has a great personality.

Me: Yeah, Nephenee has no personality.

You: ARAN SUCKS.

Misrepresenting. In so very many ways.

1: soul was stating Neph's personality > Aran's.

2: He never said "great". Just that she has one (implying Aran doesn't)

3: You make it look like Int brought Aran up out of nowhere when a: this topic is about Aran and b: soul had already made the comparison between the two.

I have to ask, just what were you reading all this time?

Well Nephenee pretty much auto-beats Aran in personality because Aran is a RD only character. Although he's pretty bad, even among them. I think only Laura matches him in sheer generic power (probably why they're made for each other).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Misrepresenting. In so very many ways.

1: soul was stating Neph's personality > Aran's.

2: He never said "great". Just that she has one (implying Aran doesn't)

3: You make it look like Int brought Aran up out of nowhere when a: this topic is about Aran and b: soul had already made the comparison between the two.

I have to ask, just what were you reading all this time?

Let us look at Soul's post.

Nephenee is better because she is a she, has pretty aqua green hair, has good legs, and has a personality.

Where does Soul say that Nephenee's personality is better than Aran's? Never. The second part of his sentence seems to just be listing why he likes Nephenee, not doing a full-blown comparison of Aran vs. Nephenee. So, when he's listing why he likes Nephenee, he says "she has a personality", which is exactly what I was arguing. You guys are the ones reading into it too much. Also, the fact that this is a topic about Aran really doesn't have anything to do with me saying Nephenee has no personality. If I ran into a topic about Levin where people were saying how they think Finn is a pretty cool guy and screamed "LEVIN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN FINN", it would be just as random and useless to the conversation they were having as Int's comments were.

AND FOR THE RECORD

I don't believe I've ever said Aran's personality was soooo great. I'm not going to ignore that he's pretty much a brick wall. That's probably why they gave him such a flat face.

Edited by Ninji

Where does Soul say that Nephenee's personality is better than Aran's? Never. The second part of his sentence seems to just be listing why he likes Nephenee, not doing a full-blown comparison of Aran vs. Nephenee. So, when he's listing why he likes Nephenee, he says "she has a personality", which is exactly what I was arguing. You guys are the ones reading into it too much. Also, the fact that this is a topic about Aran really doesn't have anything to do with me saying Nephenee has no personality. If I ran into a topic about Levin where people were saying how they think Finn is a pretty cool guy and screamed "LEVIN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN FINN", it would be just as random and useless to the conversation they were having as Int's comments were.

It's all a comparison.

"Nephenee is better because she is a she, has pretty aqua green hair, has good legs, and has a personality. "

Neph is better for 4 reasons. The ones he listed.

a she

pretty aqua green hair

good legs

a personality

it makes sense to me that anything he says in that sentence is a reason why Neph > Aran. If it is his opinion that Aran has a personality, then why would it be in a sentence explaining why Neph > Aran? That makes no sense to me, yet somehow it makes sense to you.

Besides, even if you are right and soul actually thinks Aran has a personality, my other two complaints are perfectly valid.

soul never said neph had a great personality

Int did not bring Aran up out of nowhere (remember, this topic is named "Aran" and soul said Neph is better)

edit: and I at least have never once accused you of claiming that Aran has a great personality. Not sure where that came from.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

It's all a comparison.

"Nephenee is better because she is a she, has pretty aqua green hair, has good legs, and has a personality. "

Neph is better for 4 reasons. The ones he listed.

a she

pretty aqua green hair

good legs

a personality

it makes sense to me that anything he says in that sentence is a reason why Neph > Aran.

I can see where you're coming from and you bring up a good point, which leads me to believe that Soul's comment was vague enough in its wording that its interpretation could be taken either way.

If it is his opinion that Aran has a personality, then why would it be in a sentence explaining why Neph > Aran? That makes no sense to me, yet somehow it makes sense to you.

I never said that Soul thought he had a personality; I don't know what Soul is thinking. In fact, I was never arguing that in the first place. My comment was never intended to be an argument for Aran. Saying that Nephenee has no personality does not necessarily mean I'm saying "yeah aran has a personality he's so cool". Not by a long shot.

Besides, even if you are right and soul actually thinks Aran has a personality, my other two complaints are perfectly valid.

soul never said neph had a great personality

OK. Doesn't really change anything, but OK.

Int did not bring Aran up out of nowhere (remember, this topic is named "Aran" and soul said Neph is better)

But in response to my comment, it seems like it came out of nowhere because I wasn't arguing Aran at all.

edit: and I at least have never once accused you of claiming that Aran has a great personality. Not sure where that came from.

for the record

so that (one's own version of) the facts will be known; for open, public knowledge.

It wasn't meant as a direct response to anything you've said. That's why I separated it from the rest of my block.

My opinion on the iron-clad soldier is that he's incredibly meh. Even though I tend to like lopsided characters, Arran just don't cut it for me. Doesn't help that he has the personality of a brick.

Aran's accuracy is not significantly worse than other units. Nolan, for example, has 107 hit with the Steel. Aran has 115 hit with his Iron. Nolan is not doubling anything and is in fact at minor risk of being doubled himself if we didn't give him the Drop, since if he fails to proc STR or SPD, he has 7 AS. The number of characters you have that double reliably can be counted on one finger, in fact. Unless you want to count GJ's Edward or Ilyana with a Speed transfer.

Haters gonna hate...

I can see where you're coming from and you bring up a good point, which leads me to believe that Soul's comment was vague enough in its wording that its interpretation could be taken either way.

No, there is no vaugeness here. This is basic reading comprehension. Nepheenee is better and here is a list of reasons why. It's impossible to be any more clear.

But in response to my comment, it seems like it came out of nowhere because I wasn't arguing Aran at all.

It is a topic about Aran and you were initially replying to a comment about Neph > Aran. Aran was always there and, as such, your initial reply basically stated that Neph has no more personality than Aran.

No, there is no vaugeness here. This is basic reading comprehension. Nepheenee is better and here is a list of reasons why. It's impossible to be any more clear.

Nitpicking here, but something like "Nephenee is better because she has a better personality" would have been infinitely clearer.

I'll admit that I was almost certainly wrong about what he meant, though.

It is a topic about Aran and you were initially replying to a comment about Neph > Aran. Aran was always there and, as such, your initial reply basically stated that Neph has no more personality than Aran.

Pointing out that someone else's point is incorrect is not the same as saying the opposite of their point is true. My comment, though a response to a comment that apparently argued that Nephenee had more personality than Aran of which I had mistaken the meaning of at the time, was never meant to be an argument for Aran, as I have already mentioned. The fact that this is a topic about Aran is completely irrelevant; if said "I prefer Nolan because he has a cool beard" in this topic and somebody else said "Nolan's beard sucks", to which I replied "Aran doesn't even have a beard", it would be just as stupid. Then again, since misinterpreting Soul's comment apparently proves I have no reading comprehension, I wonder what you misrepresenting my original comment says.

All that being said, I made a half-hearted, half-joking one-line response to a simple post and it exploded into a full page argument over seemingly nothing that has veered off of the original path and gone completely off-topic. Well, at least that's how things look from my perspective.

define 'personality'

In real life I'm always very silent,never really saying anything. does this make me not have any personality? I think the question who has the best personality is about opinion, not fact.