Lord of Azure Flame Feedback

Snowy_One

Making it better by your standards wouldn't necessarily make it better in everyone else's mind. Changing little things isn't very important.

Note that I said possibly and not definitely. This is why almost all arguments pop up, people don't read :facepalm:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG DEJA VU

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918070-dragon-buster/52871510

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918070-dragon-buster/52591813

Dammit, I've been in too many RPs that got out of control with the posting and such. I don't want to get involved in this argument, but I felt I should say something. >_>

Don't hurt me plz....

I think it's safe to say that this is no ordinary rp. I'm not exactly sure why we've stuck together so well maybe we are one big dysfunctional family, but we have. I'm not seeing any point in making changes that don't directly effect us. Outsiders joining is a good thing I guess, but we're fine as we are IMO.

1. This RP isn't dying.

2. Ninjaing issues really aren't that bad. Maybe it was worse on GameFAQs, but we have an edit button here. For example, I got ninja'd twice tonight. I changed the first post to another character entirely, the second one I added a line of dialogue. No big.

3. I find myself agreeing with SlaveBlade here which just confuses me. Maybe you guys convinced him or something, but 'lack of pointless description' and 'showing character ideas through dialogue rather than outright stating them' have been what I've been saying all along.

1. This RP isn't dying.

2. Ninjaing issues really aren't that bad. Maybe it was worse on GameFAQs, but we have an edit button here. For example, I got ninja'd twice tonight. I changed the first post to another character entirely, the second one I added a line of dialogue. No big.

3. I find myself agreeing with SlaveBlade here which just confuses me. Maybe you guys convinced him or something, but 'lack of pointless description' and 'showing character ideas through dialogue rather than outright stating them' have been what I've been saying all along.

lol I was trying to argue with you? That's news to me. I just said this argument reminded me of some other discussions I've been involved in, and I linked to them...

And dammit, stop being so defensive. It's like I insulted your mother or something, I didn't, so calm down. I thought this was feedback topic? Half the people in here are acting like it's meant for yelling at people you don't like.

You don't have to argue with every poster that steps foot in here.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying you're being overly defensive in this instance. It's just people in the topic. Only first paragraph is talking about the quoted portion.

Edited by roymbrog

Well you did link to a list of "How to keep your RP from dying" which included making a lot of posts. I thought it prudent to inform you that this an RP with a lot of posts that is not dying.

I had to change a lot of my post because of that edit. I certainly don't see myself as "yelling" though, if I wanted to yell I would POST LIKE THIS!!!

Anyway, if you say something, expect people to agree with it, disagree with it, or be neutral to it. When I find something I disagree with, I tend to argue with it.

Also, if it's something that different from the way we do things, we're probably going to argue with it. There's a reason we do things the way we do, and outside criticism doesn't really affect that. We bicker enough amongst ourselves.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I made an edit, if you didn't see... sorry about that.

But seriously, why are you getting so worked up over this?

EDIT: And I never said anything about anyone insulting my mother. XD You might wanna reread that.

Edited by roymbrog

I made an edit too.

I don't see where you're getting the "worked up' bit. I'm arguing things from my point of view. Are Feedback thread just supposed to be people coming in saying 'you're doing such and such wrong' and then the creator not responding? Seems silly to me.

I made an edit too.

I don't see where you're getting the "worked up' bit. I'm arguing things from my point of view. Are Feedback thread just supposed to be people coming in saying 'you're doing such and such wrong' and then the creator not responding? Seems silly to me.

Just shows Snowy's initiative I guess. Also, I came in here with a simple suggestion. Please stop distorting it.

Actually, it's supposed to be people coming in with suggestions and the creator saying "huh, I'll look into that. Maybe something's wrong there", not "I'm right, you're wrong, get out."

Why are people giving feedback in a feedback topic lol? Cuz it's obviously not meant for feedback!

And I know when people are worked up. You could just say I've spent too much time around Slave <_< Basically here, you're defending against everything, instead of accepting it as criticism. This is why I can never get honest criticism from people, everyone thinks I'm gonna get all upset about it.

Not sure what you mean by defending against everything. You guys tend to make suggestions that would boost the number of members we have. That's quite far beyond necessary at this point. In fact, catering to anything and anyone outside the rp is a waste of time.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say we're close to capacity with all the characters we have, and with some of our crazier members making third and maybe even fourth characters within days of joining, we have enough internal problems to deal with. Priority demands internal focus, not catering to outside readers who'd be more entertained with fanfics anyway. We'd prefer suggestions to better our own rp experience.

This is to better your own RP experience. <_<

Just... whatever. I'll probably regret this in the morning, after I'm over my sugar rush... Your RP, do what you want. If you don't want feedback in the feedback topic, ok then.

Feedback is fine, just not excited about people asking us to better their experience when they have nothing to do with the rp itself. If they want things changed or want to enjoy the rp, it'd be easier for them if they just joined.

Edited by Phoenix

Not sure what you mean by defending against everything. You guys tend to make suggestions that would boost the number of members we have. That's quite far beyond necessary at this point. In fact, catering to anything and anyone outside the rp is a waste of time.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say we're close to capacity with all the characters we have, and with some of our crazier members making third and maybe even fourth characters within days of joining, we have enough internal problems to deal with. Priority demands internal focus, not catering to outside readers who'd be more entertained with fanfics anyway. We'd prefer suggestions to better our own rp experience.

And I'd prefer blow jobs and ice cream every day, but you get what you get, and you got some FEEDBACK.... It wasn't what you wanted, it wasn't giving you a pat on the back (nor was it offensive in any way), it was honest to god feedback.

And I'd prefer blow jobs and ice cream every day, but you get what you get, and you got some FEEDBACK.... It wasn't what you wanted, it wasn't giving you a pat on the back (nor was it offensive in any way), it was honest to god feedback.

You give us feedback.

We tell you that we won't take most of your suggestions to heart due to priorities and our own special interests.

You get offended.

Rinse and repeat.

You give us feedback.

We tell you that we won't take most of your suggestions to heart due to priorities and our own special interests.

You get offended.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm getting offended now? What makes you think I'm offended?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Certain people in here aren't all that diplomatic *coughSlaveBladecough*

Edited by roymbrog

I'm just a confrontational creature by nature. I argue moving characters up and down lists of fairly obscure video games that came out almost a decade ago. I insult my fellow RPers over the slightest details in their posts. Heck, I think I made someone leave the forum today because I told them their favorite FE pairing made no sense.

Also, I question how much of the RP some of the criticizers have actually read. You aren't qualified in my book to make judgments about "boring characters" and "too little description" unless you've read at least the majority of posts. SlaveBlade hasn't demonstrated actually reading the RP, for one he refuses to give actual examples and makes sweeping generalizations.

I am willing to accept criticism when the criticizer actually seems to know what they're talking about. For example Balcerzak (who is one of our RPers I admit, but that's not actually the point here) made some suggestions about adding more description and context to posts. I disagreed with him some(saying that relevant information can be stated in Chat instead) and agreed with him on others (like how context can be useful). I listened to him more because he was able to give examples that demonstrated how more description would be helpful, rather than going more description= more immersion= good.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Some advice for you, Roymbrog. Don't go to FFtF. They'll destroy you. I'm not trying to offend anyone by saying something in a mean way. Maybe using more smilies would help. Don't know.

@ SlaveBlade

Maybe not truly offended, but you certain like to point out how we've reacted wrongly and most people only due that if they're offended by what was said, or felt they were misinterpreted.

Phoenix, you're not one of the people who's getting all defensive or being offensive.

Thanks for letting me know. Now I know that I'm doing something right ^_^

This was pointless. Thank god you don't seriously use the Feedback topic for Feedback though. THAT would have been helpful.

This post is full of incredibly constructive criticism good sir. I shall take it to heart and apply it immediately. Thank you ever so much.

Now getting on to actual topics, posting character thoughts. I am personally not in favor because I find thoughts can usually be inferred froma character's words or actions (showing rather than telling). A counterargument is that literature uses personal thoughts a lot, but most literature differs from an RP in that in literature you only hear the protagonist's thoughts.

For example in Harry Potter we see most of the story from Harry's perspective (we do change perspective from time to time, but it's usually only used for minor characters at the beginning or something). We only hear Harry's thoughts, not Hermione's or Dumbledore's or Snape's yadda yadda. We interpret their thoughts from their actions and sometimes body language cues.

I guess it depends on if you see an RP as "everyone's the protagonist" or "nobody's the protagonist". I tend to side with the latter, because the prospect of 20+ protagonists is a little baffling to me.

I dunno, I tend to see it as more of each person's character is their protagonist. Like, your character is the main character of your character's story. The RP itself isn't one big story for everyone to fit into, but each person has their own story they're in charge of... or something. Anyway, that tends towards me thinking my characters need thoughts and background and story, but any NPCs I make are like the other characters in a book....

I think I confused myself

Edited by roymbrog