Free shall start a spriting topic

Freohr Datia

The cloth on her right shoulder OPV seems kind of odd. It's like there's an invisible hand scrunching it there. Since it's floating freely it seems like the cloth would be about the same width throughout.

I'm really digging the hair though, nice job. The sprite's a cutie for sure.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cloth on her right shoulder OPV seems kind of odd. It's like there's an invisible hand scrunching it there. Since it's floating freely it seems like the cloth would be about the same width throughout.

I'm really digging the hair though, nice job. The sprite's a cutie for sure.

Soo maybe compress it slightly next to that gold piece thingy (I dunno what it'd be called XD) and sort of widen it towards the middle/bottom?

And thanks!

Interesting concept Free! oAo >jellyfishu

Though the right eyebrow isn't really working. It looks kinda off and... weird. Try adjusting it a bit maybe? owo

Thank you!

Yes, I've always hated that eyebrow XD It's hard to tell what to do with the hair coming in the way because when putting the eyebrow lower (which I was trying to get one pixel lower since any lower would make it seem like no eyebrow) the small strand almost ruins the perspective I guess. Like it kinda looked to me like it is supposed to be shading going around the strand rather than an eyebrow. Do you think there'd be a way for me to put it in without making it look just like shading? =o (I think I'm getting a bit of an idea atm but not too sure)

Soo maybe compress it slightly next to that gold piece thingy (I dunno what it'd be called XD) and sort of widen it towards the middle/bottom?

Ya, right now the cloth is going like this: =< It's sorta straight and then fans out, but it should really be going < > where it shrinks when it gets closer to where it's pinned on her clothing and fans out in the middle.

Yeah I see. Okay I'll work on that (and I also realize that I don't think it's even supposed to curve back up when it loops around her shoulder because it's supposed to completely wrap around her back and over to that part of her other shoulder..... or that's what I think I had in mind)

Okay so I've finished this one a while ago, actually...

v3u5949wxkt2xh4ligch.png

This is for the silverblade hack. Everybody say "Hiya Hika!!"

There's a. . . transparent pixel on his chest (at least I think so, since I pasted it on Paint and it along with the background went black).

In any case, there are only a few things I think should be fixed: the shading around and on his right eyebrow, as well as the shadow under/next to his hair to the left of his right eye. Some of the skin next to shirt shading looks too light, but perhaps that is just me. Anyhow, hope this helps (and I like his design).

• 4 months later...

Ummm idk why this thing won't let me use transparency anymore.... =[ I'm not doing anything different from what I usually do...

But here. Bumped back up after 4 months XD

63131478901350825660.png

That mane. You're gonna need a custom animation with hair.if you want him to not wear a helmet. With a shawl attatched to it.

Not bad, can't see any errors except neck length maybe. Doesn't seem to complex though, and I don't know, nothing really pops for me I guess.

I think I like your girls better. But maybe that's just cause I can't sprite females. speaking of which, fix those image links, I want to see your personal mug.

Edited by deranger

Okay sure I can fix the neck...

Good thing I wasn't looking for improvement much ^~^;; I've been having so much trouble getting into spriting that I just asked some people to choose random characters for me and they were all males XD I agree I feel much more comfortable spriting females, I think...

But yeah mostly I was just wanting to get something done and I'm happy I finally sprited something after 4 months XD

Oh yeah stupid iranblog

I'll see if they're still saved on my laptop or not XD But if not then I'll go dig up that flash drive

Oh and I forgot that I don't make animations, nor do I hack so luckily I won't have to worry myself about it XD

I don't think I posted this version yet, but here was my attempt to show a bit more than the other tinier version. I really think that trim looks awful at the very bottom XD If anyone knows how to make that look better.... (or if it's just me then please tell me so I can quit worrying about it x3)

68192043447176501004.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ummm idk why this thing won't let me use transparency anymore.... =[ I'm not doing anything different from what I usually do...

But here. Bumped back up after 4 months XD

63131478901350825660.png

This is pretty cool. That hair piece on (our) left is a little strange though. Maybe its just me. It looks like it could be a little closer to the rest of his hair on that side.

As for the lady sprite: i took a look in Paint and she really looks fine. I dont see the problem with the trim. theres a piece of green between her hair strands that should be transparent though :P:

She looks great and her hair is amazing! Wow you've gotten really good! <3

This is pretty cool. That hair piece on (our) left is a little strange though. Maybe its just me. It looks like it could be a little closer to the rest of his hair on that side.

As for the lady sprite: i took a look in Paint and she really looks fine. I dont see the problem with the trim. theres a piece of green between her hair strands that should be transparent though :P:

She looks great and her hair is amazing! Wow you've gotten really good! <3

Okay I'll try bringing that in then. It might have a lot to do with how Valter's head is tilted to the side while this guy's isn't.

Well I hope so then... Oh uh could you tell me where that is? I can't find it =3

Thanks =o

Wait...hang on....I think my eyes went buggy because i think that may actually be a part of her armor...(the green part i mentioned) But ill show you anyway.

[spoiler=O_o]

28rffgk.png

Is that a part of her armor or just a spot of background missed?