Shu's Quest Feedback

mr_e_s

HEY MAN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND CAUSE YOU'RE NOT IN IT. IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU. IT WORKS FOR ME AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH.

...I'm drawing a blank here, did I miss any?

If you're trying to say I'm just like all the other "Snowies", then I have to say, Yes, I do think it's ending up a bit silly or stupid or pointless. But I'm trying to be okay with this RP, and understand it a bit, maybe. I'm just asking a serious question there.

The title would imply that Shu would be important though... maybe he'll be revived later secretly :o

Edited by Lightning

The RP is less than 20 posts in, you guys are assuming I'm walking into this with no forethought at all. I've been to internet RPing before, Billy.

Have you guys ever heard of "Waiting on Godot"? What basically happens is two people chat about waiting for Godot, but he never shows up. It's called Decoy Protagonist, IIRC.

Nah, that's not a thing I'm gonna do. At least not outright. I will say Oakheim is gonna burn in the near future, and Shu's plot relevance hasn't finished, even if he has expired.

@Snike Godot's a lawyer. No wonder he never shows up. :awesome:

That's PW, not the play I was referencing.

And Niice, e.

Nah, that's not a thing I'm gonna do. At least not outright. I will say Oakheim is gonna burn in the near future, and Shu's plot relevance hasn't finished, even if he has expired.

What? B-but, but... I love this town!

I feel it's a bit early to make any sort of constructive criticism. Most RPs seem to start similar to this, I'm interested to see how this will develop.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If Shu's dead ... and the story's named after him, then this rp seems like it would revolve around finishing something Shu started, but then again, I'm not sure if that's it or if you even thought any of this out ahead of time. That's just my guess based on what I've heard. I haven't read enough to know what's actually going on.

Indeed, from what I've seen, your RP has nothing to do with bread.

Nice one XD But to be honest I'm not entirely sure what the Lord of Azure Flames" role is in the RP. So firstly I'm siding with this side if we're arguing. "Shu's Quest" doesn't necessarily have to have a "Shu" in it from start to begining, Does our RP have the "LoAF" in it from beginning to end? I haven't even seen any evidence of him even existing yet.

"Shu's Quest" could refer to mr_e_s's attempt to make a successful RP for all anyone knows <_< So I'd really refrain from complaining too much about the name, since it's not all that important.

It's still way too early for any clear impressions to be made, I've commented previously on how it was set-up. And that was solely regarding to the way things were organized at the beginning, but 20 posts, regardless of how long they are is still too early to be demanding for Shu's appearance. If you're so damn curious about the RP, join, then complain :/

Shu is important enough already, enough that some really evil dudes wanted him dead. And succeeded.

Nice change of pace. Though I question the tavern beginning. Do fantasy settings have no other meeting ground? Maybe the ever fashionable arena, or lively marketplace. How bout a riot over the town hall steps, or perhaps smack dab in the middle of a battlefield.

Too late to change, I suppose.

Actually, I picked the tavern setting specifically because it was cliché, I took your averageRP beginnning, and meant to turn it on it's head and deliver the unexpected by way of Shu's death.

Fuck, I'm drunk.

• 2 weeks later...