Am I screwed?

BK vs. Ike. BK has a 75% true hit to deal 22 damage to Ike. Ike has a 100% chance to deal 3 damage. Mist is only good for healing. I went with Aether Ike to see if it was good.

The question is, how screwed am I?

Aether does 9 damage.

The BK heals 6 HP every turn.

So basically, if you Aether the BK every time you attack, and you Aether for every counter attack, you're doing 12 damage a turn.

The BK has 60 HP.

Well, as long as you're confident that Mist can survive the soldiers that arrive, have Ike just wait for the BK. Hope for an Aether on the counterattack. You pretty much need to Aether almost every attack to have any chance. And you'd better hope that the Bishops don't heal the BK.

Or not.

Edited by Evoluder Gai

Aether does one hit of Luna (which I forgot was half defense instead of zero defense), so Ike does 3 + 18 = 21 HP damage. Given that Ike does enough damage with normal attacks to offset Renewal (which he should be doing if Mist is healing him), he needs to proc 3 Aethers.

EDIT: I forgot that Alondite gave +5 def. If Luna halves that defense boost, then Ike does 23-24 HP damage with an Aether. If it doesn't, well, he still does 21 HP damage, so 3 Aether procs. Given that he is able to attack every player phase and enemy phase, he should be on track to defeating the BK.

Edited by dondon151

As far as I'm concerned, Aether isn't a very good attack.

Okay, it DOES certainly have power, using Moon and Sun, but the chances to trigger it could be better.

The only time I didn't have any problems defeating him was when I trained Ike to the Limit (also with BEXP) and then maxxed STR, HP and SPD (sometimes with items, if necessary). Then I gave him the skills Wrath and Adept.

This way, he beats Blackie with ease (even when that guy used Moon on Ike, it just helped him to activate Wrath).

Note on Xiltas, I've also had Ike maxxed out my the Burger King fight, so 2 Aethers and BK could suck a railroad spike.

Also, I just noticed that if you could possible equip resolve (which I don't think you can) and wrath, BK is dead, no questions asked. Since this isn't the case, "miracle" might be needed and A miricle will be needed.

IMO, you're screwed, sorry. Have fun with Ena, the preggers dragon.

I used an Energy Drop, a Secret Book and a Speedwing on Ike. Ike's capped SPD now, but should I use my other Energy Drop and Secret Book on him too, or no?

He has 23 STR, 28 SPD, and I think 27 SKL.

I beat him. I used: 2 Energy Drops, 2 Secret Books, 1 Speedwing, 2 Goddess Icons, and 2 Dracoshields.

I also had Ike clear the middle part of the map by himself.

...Shut up about the efficiency, it's my first playthrough.

Edited by Soren37

Wow.

I just decided to forfeit at my first run because my Ike was pretty weak as well. Why the heck would you go on and wastr your items for a sole ocassion? Well, either way, it was your choice.

Wow.

I just decided to forfeit at my first run because my Ike was pretty weak as well. Why the heck would you go on and wastr your items for a sole ocassion? Well, either way, it was your choice.

3 Aethers wouldn't have been that bad to rely on. On average you should be getting 2 anyway. Probably wouldn't take more than 3 attempts. I mean, sure, you'd have to play the map 3 times, but oh well?

Anyway, this is why you should have Ike at level 20/20 by the end of chapter 26. I suppose you could get to 20/19 or something to get the last bit in 27, but it just seems simpler to cap his level early. He'll generally have the str to only need 2 Aethers, making it much easier to defeat the BK.

3 Aethers wouldn't have been that bad to rely on. On average you should be getting 2 anyway. Probably wouldn't take more than 3 attempts. I mean, sure, you'd have to play the map 3 times, but oh well?

This, plus it only takes about 15 minutes if you block the reinforcements from the stairs like a cool person anyways.

But you can't always assume everything will come out as expected, the battle is mostly luck-reliant. Either can pull Aether/Luna.

Hence 3 tries. In general, it will take 2 tries. Probably over 80% of the time, you'll be done after 3 tries. What's the problem?

Also, Luna isn't relevant. If you play it well, anyway. I've won before with BK pulling off two Lunas. Of course, max def and hp helps because you can take hit + luna without dying, but oh well? You can still heal if you can't take that. Just make sure Ike always has the hp to tank a Luna if you are about to let him get attacked directly.

Aether does 9 damage.

The BK heals 6 HP every turn.

So basically, if you Aether the BK every time you attack, and you Aether for every counter attack, you're doing 12 damage a turn.

The BK has 60 HP.

Well, as long as you're confident that Mist can survive the soldiers that arrive, have Ike just wait for the BK. Hope for an Aether on the counterattack. You pretty much need to Aether almost every attack to have any chance. And you'd better hope that the Bishops don't heal the BK.

Or not.

Having a certain time limit too before the battle ends and that during the few turns he summons some bishop reinforcements.

Then I gave him the skills Wrath and Adept.

This way, he beats Blackie with ease (even when that guy used Moon on Ike, it just helped him to activate Wrath).

That could be effective as to winning the battle without chance though if you plan to give him both Wrath and Resolve later, it would deny you of having both Aether and Wrath until the next chapter as both Wrath and Resolve can even one round the final boss.