3-13 Archer

I passed through that chapter a few hours ago. I was wondering which is the suicidal archer everyone refers to? I recall there being four, one on each ballistae and one on each rock-ballistae-thing.

I can't tell because they all suicided :/.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

He's the Sniper on the upper left ballistae. He usually attempts to kill the Laguz reinforcements in that little upper left area singlehandedly and sometimes even succeeds, though for me he usually only kills one before dying in a blaze of glory. He's a pretty cool guy.

So it was this archer everyone was talking?

Yeah, he's a pretty brave fella...until the laguz take him on.

I recall he attempted to attack them on my playthrough, but only that.

He failed and got killed, had to use Meg and Fiona to cover those stairs.

Yeah, the 3-13 Archer can't really do it alone unless the RNG allows it. I think he needs at least the Bishop in order to survive. Like last time I played the chapter he almost got killed, but then the General blocked the path and the Sage killed the Tiger.

However, that time I found someone else who deserved more mention than the Sniper. One of the Lance Generals protecting the south-right stairs (and he was alone, as I had my units on the other sides) decided to go and attack the incoming Cats. Amazingly, he managed to defeat them all, then Ike killed him...

His sacrifice will never be forgotten. :angry: lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

My first run of 3-13, I had a single Halberdier jump down to where the Laguz flood into the middle gap.

He survived down there for 9 turns and then jumped back up to go help on the right flank's birds.

He survived the entire map.

He was a true hero, none of this Archer bullshit.

EDIT: And down there, he singlehandedly chipped roughly 6 kills to Laura-kill-range. And the only support he needed was one Physic Bishop from Mic's area.

Edited by Integrity

3-13 Archer is the man. Saves me every time (I usually have Meg and Fiona as the only ones blocking the stairs because everyone else is doing more important stuff).

He also has a cousin in 3-12. He killed like 5 falcoknights attacking on the left side.

^This happened in my last playthrough as well. :mellow:

Edited by Lightning

Silly Integrity, the 3-13 archer CLEARLY got bored of doing the same thing over and over again. He wanted to try out halberdier. He learned it was much better than sniper, but unfortunately that experience was only left on your disc, so the rest of us have to wait until he gets bored on our disc.

Silly Integrity, the 3-13 archer CLEARLY got bored of doing the same thing over and over again. He wanted to try out halberdier. He learned it was much better than sniper, but unfortunately that experience was only left on your disc, so the rest of us have to wait until he gets bored on our disc.

I gotta admit, I didn't expect that. Well done. :D

Well, looks like mine already did and was now a Lance General instead. :lol:

Too bad he died, he got too close to Ike and we all know how that ends up... :mellow:

Last playthrough, 3-13 archer hardly left his ballista. He crit nearly everyone when he ballista'ed. Then the guys in the corner came. He didnt go down but sniped them from the ledge since Sothe was blocking the other one and the laguz blocked the path down. He killed them all. Sothe weakened one and the archer owned the rest. It was awesome!

The 3-13 Archer? You mean that stupid idiot who jumps down a pit and then gets gang-raped by two cats and a tiger on the enemy phase? Because if we are he totally blows...

Well, looks like mine already did and was now a Lance General instead. :lol:

Too bad he died, he got too close to Ike and we all know how that ends up... :mellow:

You mean like this :spengbab:

Anyways, 3-13 archer is nothing special, he goes there and suicides the 2 times i let him, most of the times i send someone to take the exp. Most Yellow units suicide, I don't see how this archer is so special because of it...

I just put the yellow units on hold for 3-13.(Since 2nd run.) I can't really say anything about the 3-13 Sniper but on my first run he did manage to kill the two cats but the tiger got him. Since then I've been doing the hold command (I don't think thats what it's called exactly but I'm sure you know what I mean) on 3-13 I let my characters get the exp. I usually promote like 3-4 characters on this chapter. (2nd tier to 3rd tier.)