Fire Emblem: Sacred Contention

Crimson Red

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you do get around to this i do have afew ideas for making the FE7 side abit closer to FE8's power level.

Ursula is missing...which i find rather odd considering the rest of the 4 fangs are there.

FE7 is missing the S ranked Anima, Dark, Sword, Lance,Axe,Bow, Light weapons you get endgame from the bosses while FE8 gets all of thier S ranked weapons.

overall FE7 could have some of the other people like Jerme and Kenneth, maybe Darin, Erik, or Ephidel.

if anything i'd just like if some of these changes could be made to put FE7 around the same leve as FE8. the only major ones i'd want in are the FE7 cast getting the rest of the S ranked weapons. adding anything esle of the above i mentioned isn't as high on my list.

when you do get around to this i do have afew ideas for making the FE7 side abit closer to FE8's power level.

FE7 is missing the S ranked Anima, Dark, Sword, Lance,Axe,Bow, Light weapons you get endgame from the bosses while FE8 gets all of thier S ranked weapons.

Going into Nightmare reveals Rex Hasta is replaced by Siegmund, Gespenst is renamed Gleipnir and has Gleipnir stats except for halved weight, Ocean Seal is turned into Audhulma, Regal Blade is replaced by Sieglinde which sums up the S rank replacements. The Emblem weapons are left unchanged and the other promotion items should be the same.

Excalibur is a drop.

FE7 has more characters than FE8 in its overall game, I tried to even out the numbers between the two sides to be very close, and to do that, I had to throw in silly bosses like Gheb and Binks--if I added ANY more characters to the FE7 side I'd have to do the same to FE8 and I'd be adding shit characters that people might not even remember.

IIRC FE8 doesn't get all of theirs, they also have less characters and less variety in general. Also, you're forgetting that Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn all have their proof weapons, and IIRC Nergal has Ereshkigal and Athos has Forblaze, so they DO have their weapons, just half of them are proof, it makes it more interesting than just both team having 8 S ranked weapons each, IMO. Since I don't really think it's a problem (I quite like it), I'm not going to change it, sorry. :( Oh and Excalibur is droppable because IIRC it appears in both games with the same name (or else it was my imagination) so I felt that both teams should be able to have it even though FE8 starts with it ;)

FE7 has more characters than FE8 in its overall game, I tried to even out the numbers between the two sides to be very close, and to do that, I had to throw in silly bosses like Gheb and Binks--if I added ANY more characters to the FE7 side I'd have to do the same to FE8 and I'd be adding shit characters that people might not even remember.

IIRC FE8 doesn't get all of theirs, they also have less characters and less variety in general. Also, you're forgetting that Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn all have their proof weapons, and IIRC Nergal has Ereshkigal and Athos has Forblaze, so they DO have their weapons, just half of them are proof, it makes it more interesting than just both team having 8 S ranked weapons each, IMO. Since I don't really think it's a problem (I quite like it), I'm not going to change it, sorry. :( Oh and Excalibur is droppable because IIRC it appears in both games with the same name (or else it was my imagination) so I felt that both teams should be able to have it even though FE8 starts with it ;)

I have a question regarding what's the limit for characters per side? If you want to add a character to FE8 without hassle( considering your skills) there's Novala( I for some reason remember him) whose battle pallet can be applied to Druid or Summoner and it looks nearly perfect but similar to Zoldam. I believe Lyon should have the 73 HP as the penultimate boss, he's just not Lyon and is supposed to counter Nergal IMO. Also kind off odd an S rank ax originating from FE7, first seen in the morph form of the Black Fang's leader is in the hands of a little brat, AND is not dropped.Selfish Little Brat!

50 on each side, and I think it's VERY close to that limit. What you said about Lyon might apply, he is kind of supposed to be the parallel to Nergal (not so much the counter). I'll see if I can add the extra HP without hassle.

50 on each side, and I think it's VERY close to that limit. What you said about Lyon might apply, he is kind of supposed to be the parallel to Nergal (not so much the counter). I'll see if I can add the extra HP without hassle.

I believe it's akin to what you did to Ereshkigal to break the 60 barrier and how the Uber Spear works.

Armads is the only useful FE7 prf weapon I think you should change the prf weapons to the fe6 weights, to even it out for fe7, because all of their s rank weapons, I only find armads and Nergal's dark tome that I can't spell really useable.

Armads is the only useful FE7 prf weapon I think you should change the prf weapons to the fe6 weights, to even it out for fe7, because all of their s rank weapons, I only find armads and Nergal's dark tome that I can't spell really useable.

^

truth right here man

FE7 is nowhere need as good as FE8 in this game, i can hardly call this balance.

this just accoured to me, WHY DOES ROSS HAVE THE BASILIKOS? thats an FE7 weapon that belongs to one of your axe users like Bartre or Dart and you GAVE IT TO A FE8 CHARACTOR?

at the very least Give Ross the Garm which is in the universe he came from.

i'm not sure if that was an accident but the game clearly favors FE8 if they are given FE7 weapons.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

The game isn't balanced, it never was balanced, where did you get such ideas? FE7 being 5x easier to beat than FE8 is a bit of an exaggeration, I've had people say FE8 was harder.

Sheesh, stop pushing the subject, I never planned on updating this anyway, I did almost everything I did for a reason and I don't need to waste my life listening to other people's reasoning of why it should be changed for the rest of my life--it's DONE, if you don't like it then just FORGET IT, I can't tend to everyone's whims since I actually have a life which means I don't have time for this.

No offense but your poor typing, caps spamming, misunderstandings, and incessant complaints just really aren't desired for a hack that isn't going to get any better or worse. I shouldn't have ever said that I might update something again, not like I have time to anyway

EDIT: Realized I was a little harsh, I'm just saying that most everything is the way it is for a reason, and I'm done with changes, etc., and yes FE8 is supposed to be easier to play as than FE7. Please don't get all flamiez on meh

Edited by Luffy

• 5 months later...

I apologize in advance if there is a rule to necro-posting here but I wanted to ask this before I did such a thing without permission from the hack creator.

But would it be all right if I did a recording of this hack? I will give all rightful credits (as per usual) to the creator, the hack, the team involved etc etc.I will even put a link to my channel once I have permission and I have the first video up. I just thought this would be fun since I just now learned of this hack through a friend of mine and wanted to do a run of it. If you prefer that there be no recording I understand.

Usually, if a patch is released publicly (and isn't just given to you for beta testing or some other private purpose) it is implied that you are free to showcase it/record it, etc. with the premise that you do not take credit of making it for your own.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Usually, if a patch is released publicly (and isn't just given to you for beta testing or some other private purpose) it is implied that you are free to showcase it/record it, etc. with the premise that you do not take credit of making it for your own.

Of course! I would never do such a thing. :]. I just wanted to make sure it was ok is all since this is my first time playing a hack xD.

Go ahead, though

I hate implications, if people didn't just leave things to implications and assumptions the world would have a LOT less problems. Like, a TON less problems. Though I guess this isn't related to the hack so I shouldn't say anymore, plus as much as I try not to imply or assume things I'm guilty of it to some extent too >_> (I'm working on changing myself lol)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello.

Yes, this post is like 5 or 6 years old. i don't care.

i noticed something strange while playing and i just had to show it... 

So, Saleh is apparently Colm who says that he is Marisa. Yup. Aaand we get a free Karel.

• 1 year later...