Fire Emblem: Sacred Contention

Crimson Red

The point of Fire Emblem is to abuse resources. If you don't want players to do that, then don't give them the resources in the first place.

^This

What'd you think I had to do to make every Radiant DERP unit third tier by the time the Dawn Brigade and the Greil Mercs clashed in Part 3?

Btw, Fiona still sucked

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of Fire Emblem is to abuse resources. If you don't want players to do that, then don't give them the resources in the first place.

lolopinionstatedasifthoughitsfact (I disagree that the point of Fire Emblem is to abuse resources, or that Fire Emblem has one specific point at all... so yeah... but that is a debate subject haha)

Anyhow thankfully I don't really care what the players do or don't do (in terms of wanting them to play the game a certain way) so that "if" possibility won't come true. In other words, I've given the resources I have because I actually DO want people to make use of them (even if it can be cheap), so what you said is just kind of throwing out a hypothetical situation. Which is fine, throw out as many of those situations as you want, I'm just saying. XD

Btw, Fiona still sucked

I cheated and she still sucked, I know what you mean

lolopinionstatedasifthoughitsfact (I disagree that the point of Fire Emblem is to abuse resources, or that Fire Emblem has one specific point at all... so yeah... but that is a debate subject haha)

But it is a fact. Don't tell me that you play the game without using a single unit, weapon, or item!

In the same vein, it's like saying that a game isn't easy because it can be made difficult by he player placing constraints on himself. A difficult game is supposed to constrain the player, not the other way around.

Hmm, that's an interesting thought (the second part). As for the first part, using resources is not the same as abusing them.

And back to the second part, I don't really get what comment you're responding to. While I agree that when we say a game is "difficult" we mean that at the default settings, it poses a challenge, which is essentially what you said (that a game that the player forces to be hard isn't actually hard), I'm not sure what's the point, if any. XD

Don't ask for ROMs on this forum, Izamaek. Read the Code of Conduct; ROM sharing is illegal, and anyone who provides ROMs for others on this forum will be banned.

PM the OP if you are having trouble with their patch and I'm sure they will help you patch it if they can. In this case it'd be Luffy, so bug him with all of your might :tangerine:!

Edited by Tangerine

But I still won't supply you with ROMs (I saw the post but decided to leave it to a mod) ^_^

I suppose I could include the drag-and-drop XDelta patcher if that's more convenient and someone wants me to...?

I stopped working on this patch a while ago, I'm sorry, you'll just have to live without it, unless you want to hack it in yourself... =(

Again, sorry, this game has several issues, but I gave up because ultimately, I can't please everyone and I'm not going to keep on spending my life trying XD.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got rid of the tactician entry, and fixed a stat glitch and the Yes/No text. That's all that I remember. I remembered Myrrh while playing it on my DS but forgot when it came to fixing it, so oh well. *shrug*

Edited by Luffy

I applied the no supports patch but there are still some characters who possess supports. I'm playing as FE8 since I skipped in hastiness and the FE7 side does not have a single support whereas FE8 has

Gilliam with Moulder, and Vanessa

Moulder with Gilliam[b}, and Vanessa

but Vanessa is fine with no supports.

I'm not sure if this was intentional but I thought you should know.

Edit- It may make no difference but Sonia is a standard Female Sage even though she shares the same class as Limstella in the original.

Edit2- Negal battle palette is left as default for his promoted and his un promoted is set as Nergal. Not really an error on your part and easily rectified by Nightmare but it's an error left by IS so without editing we never see Nergal's battle palette in game. Just thought you should know this for whenever you feel like giving a minor update.

Edited by rohan

Whoops, guess we messed up on those too. *shrug*

I stopped making updates for this a while ago, I only fixed what I did on a very, very, very peculiar, inexplicable whim that probably won't return for a year, if ever >_> but if I do ever fix it for whatever reason, thanks for letting me know...

super strength as in...what do you mean?

checked on the old patch, Linus had 25 STR and Amelia had 23 STR

Maybe I played an older patch, but Linus/Amelia, depending on which side you were playing, had a strength glitch where it went up to about 57. It would stay unless you R-Info'd them and then went into battle.