MUSCLE GALLERY

Thor Odinson

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2zz408z.jpg

Have more Thor guys (WIP)

done in oil paint since my art teacher's like "okay you can draw whoever you like in oil, bust shot" so I'm like yeaaaaah thor time

Bonus picture: Not!Fanservice Thor.

The reason he's naked is because it was an anatomy sketch

and the original guy was really unappealing and done for structure rather than appeal and I would've drawn it weren't for I just did a more detailed facial anatomy picture like, the day before, and so Thorhead is more application than anything of what I drew beforehand

no awkward body parts, probably still a bit nsfw but >anatomy pic

Edit:

2d7ao06.jpg

Progress on Thor

Edited by Zhuge Liang

• 2 months later...

(WIP)

1byiI.png

Dammit Lumi will you pick a consistent CG project to work on

well I hope I actually finish this one without finding 1315981095810 anatomical issues in the next month and subsequently redrafting again

Also I will finish Butler Wendell at some point I swear asdfasagagafaf

Edited by Zhuge Liang

I LOVE that Thor painting... so handsome, it makes me sooo happy. I blow chunks with oil paints and have difficulty overall rendering realistic faces, so I'm totally jealous. As for your OC, I know your feeling looking at a long time WIP and realizing as you go on what kind of faults there are. I personally like the armor design a whole lot and I think the finished shading looks really nice. I suggest playing with the right leg/foot a little more to make the pose less stiff, but I can tell that you're slowly working your way down and polishing the picture up piece by piece. Keep it up!

Ah, I totally feel you too. I have like seven or eight unfinished CGs sitting around because I can't bring myself to work on them anymore D: Your WIP actually reminds me of the one I'm doing right now (except I'm drawing a superhero and it feels awfully silly to post it on SF), I've got about the same amount of finished rendering done and I'm struggling with the legs

I agree with what Samias said about the leg on the left side of the painting. Her legs also seem a bit wide to me, so I suppose defining them a bit more is something you should keep in mind when you get to that point, at the moment she looks kinda stubby and I'm unsure about where her torso ends.

I'm crazy about that blue shadow under her chin by the way, it is so lovely.

Yeah, hopefully the legs will be better once it's not a giant blob of scribbles. I keep on trying to move the knee up but somehow it moves down again, crai :<

And do post your superhero! superheroes are awesome and art is awesome. Don't feel silly~

JcRBJ.png

(base painting on a lower opacity)

Are the legs better now? Or are they still derp

I totally realised that her arm is too long so I'm painting her actual arm in for now and then readjusting the glove later

yay big muscles

Um.

1bJXM.png

Iono what's going on here. >:

Her torso is mondo long, and there's something wimpy and non-dynamic about her pose. Far arm is, like, popping out of her shoulder, and iono what's up with hips and butt and stuff. Iono. I'm GUESSING that's where things should go. It's kind of hard to tell. >:

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

goofy lookin lady in a similiar pose

that particular deviantART gallery has a lot of pretty interesting swordswoman poses though, check it out, there's bound to be something inspiring/helpful. dA's stock collection is an amazing resource imo even though 80% of them irregardless of pose are dressed in some sort of silly gothic attire

Silly Yeti it's not like everybody's the same in proportions~

I don't know poses either so I can't say anything on that, but I do really like it btw~ I'm not sure that I could quite say the capey part doesn't seem to look right with the pose, which almost looks a little stationary (and that may be wrong of me to think too XD) but maybe there could always be a breeze =3

Edited by Freohr Datia

Well I was going for wind effect so I don't have to draw boring stationary hair and the coat won't cover her inside qipao/pants/boots since this is meant to showcase the outfit design as well :B

Anyway, some fixes and stuff. Will find a sword ref for shading when it's not 3 am I just didn't want to look at the blue blob anymore.

1bSOD.png

so how do I fix it

I don't really see it myself but if you tell me which way to shift the iris I can test that out to see if it works better

(sorry I'm kinda terrible at keeping eye directions straight since I have a terrible eye for that. Might have to do with the fact that my eyes are slits)

Edited by Zhuge Liang

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doing some character redesigns (partially because sprite contest and partially because kdanger's doing them and I thought it was cool and I wanted to so a shoutout here

Have Ayra and Lakche, now with 300% more Asian.

zyZBR.png

gU0PC.png

(ignore weird eyes on lakche i don't feel like fixing them)

(wrt Ayra's boots: they're kinda like the boots Thor wears in the comics, so the front goes overknee but the back doesn't really)

Edited by Zhuge Liang