MUSCLE GALLERY

Thor Odinson

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thorki Ass Creed will eventually finish when I have time to digital, which is definitely not before this friday, but I doodled up this over lunch break

tumblr_mu13olHK1m1rgeqp5o1_500.png

Have a little babbu ezio around his early-ac2 age, hair down and in casualwear

Ezio has the cutest boots

Anyway WIP for the Assassin's Creed official tumblr art contest thingo

4JAjl.jpg

obv not done is not done

also sword is supposed to be most in front but that'll happen once i actually paint the blade

I shade weird

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Oh man I really like where this is going ^_^ I especially like the top arm, it looks really good so far. Cool concept, awesome colors, and FOG~~~ I <3 fog

Since this is a WIP, I'm gonna type up a bunch of suggestions~ Give 'em a shot if you think they're valid

1. Give the moon some more detail (craters/etc), maybe make it less glowy/fuzzy too, I find it pretty distracting right now because it's so bright

2. Far leg is really long and doesn't seem to be connecting to the torso, do you flip the canvas often? Because that leg really stands out to me when this flipped

3. The way the sword-holding arm is foreshortened makes it look like he only has a forearm.

4. If there's no size restriction then I think it would be more dynamic to have a longer canvas, and to pull Ezio to the left some more and make him a tad bigger for more drama.

5. Exaggerate the movement of the clothes that are hanging off of him, perhaps by outlining the "action lines" in his movement

6. Lighting, maybe some backlighting from the moon? Or some lighting in the front from a torch or some sort of light source on the ship.

7. Bend the torso, I think the reason the pose looks a bit stiff atm is because his back is almost totally straight.

4K53d.jpg

Whoo stuff from last night

1. Will probably detail moon more once I finish lunch and find a real reference

2. I thought something was wrong with that leg though for some reason never got to move it myself. I really should flip more often now that I have a more powerful computer to handle these things.

3. Made elbow more pronounced a bit, would probably be hard to really tell until I actually shade it though

4. Done, though it's Edward, lol (well I guess those hoods did something about their identity! :P)

5. I intend to, just at shading time.

6. Also intended, just for later. Probably when everything's shaded i'm going to go back and tweak lighting and that's when the backlight will happen

7. redraw-looking thing in orange? will actually shade and stuff once I finish lunch too

UwU I'm so bad at AC everyone is Ezio to me. I was wondering why the hood wasn't pointy though ahah there you go, I was trying to intentionally not name him since I wasn't sure but Ezio slipped out lol.

I think you fixed up everything pretty well though, the orange redraw stuff is looking good you'll just have to move his butt in/up a little too, and obviously fix the leg there. Making him bigger helped too, though the blueish piece of fabric is making a tangent with the sail right now. I know you said you'd fix cloth more when you actually painted it tho. BG details are gonna help too, sails being torn a bit is a good idea as well, and maybe consider drawing in a wood texture and adding stars, and also adding the rope/line things to the sails.

Face could stand to have more reds but you might still be getting to that 0: Paintings are so complex ufu

I guess my current display name being Ezio didn't help either huh :P

Noted on the butt

Yeah I'm adding the rope things last as well I was gonna do it but then it was like "straight lines D8" so I'm putting it of

Silly loomi

Stars are a thing I just need to figure out which ones

I'm thinking of either including the big dipper or the constellation Aquila for (or both if they're close enough, goddamn accuracy) but I haven't figured out which one

4KBRX.jpg

Update before I sleep

got hood/coat, vest, sash, belts/guns, and background/lighting left

Maybe dead people if I have time but I should be able to hopefully finish tomorrow

There is?

Oh shit whoops

I rotated the star layer a few times to get Aquila in a good location and I guess that star just ended up there

uh pretend it's a reverse crater or something I dunno

http://assassinscreed.tumblr.com/post/63738793023/death-from-above-luminescentblade-ac4art

Post in question, if you happen have a tumblr, votes are appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

So I just discovered this. I like it. Another!

I haven't seen everything yet but especially liked the little Ezio in a haystack. You wouldn't have a smaller version of it, would you? I would love to have that in my signature, but it's too large.

Now to search for all the fat bunnies I can find inside this

Thanks

Don't have a smaller version but if you dl gimp or firealpaca (free programs) they should be able to resize with no quality loss.

//kinda lazy to boot up PS whoops

• 1 month later...

tumblr_mxxwusktl71rgeqp5o1_1280.png

Just gonna copypaste the description from my tumblr

Wow I have not drawn anything remotely serious in about 2 months I think I forgot how to art #compscimajorartistproblems

Anyway since I’m a programmer and have a bunch of programmer friends we like to talk about programmer things

So today friend showed me unity-tan to get a chuckle out of, as we both use unity, and I made a joke comment along the line of “what’s next, eclipse-tan, netbeans-tan, notepad ++ senpai?” And he went to google them to see if they exist. While he was googling, I took a look at my sidebar and saw the icon for eclipse kepler and I thought, “hm, that could make an interesting dress design.” Then he came back with a picture of an existing eclipse-tan, and I will not link it here, since it’d be rude to do so, but I felt the design was quite generic and doesn’t feel like eclipse, so I felt compelled to design something based on the logo/icon itself. And then this happened.

And now I ship eclipse kepler with ADT and I’m going to design one for ADT sometimes and I’m probably going to be booted out of the major for this

no regrets

So yeah I'm too tired to use my good shading method (just finished finals) so have a poorly-anatomy'd, messily-shaded thing of design

Edited by Thor Odinson