Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically Saul's a missionary, but whatever. In FE4 IRC there was an army of Barons in the last chapter, but I doubt they were all of noble birth.

Anyway the patch has been updated to remove the cosplaying bandits in chapter 5. Please download again.

Technically Saul's a missionary, but whatever. In FE4 IRC there was an army of Barons in the last chapter, but I doubt they were all of noble birth.

Anyway the patch has been updated to remove the cosplaying bandits in chapter 5. Please download again.

Well considering that they were probally high ranking generals and in real life high ranking generals we almost always of noble birth they probably were

Edited by weso12

Seems really good. I'd play it but I want to wait for it be tested more (2 betatesters can't catch everything, I suppose) plus I'll wait in case you make any more changes to the current playable chapters. But from the looks of it, it's going pretty well, so keep it up. ^_^

Who can't catch everything, huh? :Yahn:

What he said

So, finished it, and I must say, I am impressed with it all.

Just was wondering, though. How hard is it going to be to set it up so that when you visit one of the villages in chapter 9, it chooses your path?

Like, in original FE6. You chose the left village in chapter 9 and went to fight zinc, and if you chose the right village you went off to fight Oro (Or vice versa, I can't truly remember).

Just wondering. I'm sure it just has to do with conditional events.

Simply have the Move to Next Chapter (MNCH) code based on an If Event ID Triggered condition (IFEV). Then have the village events trigger the ID required. It would be a very simple condition-based event.

Edited by General Archibald

The only problem I've seen so far(ch.5) is that some of the bandits look like ninian. which may upset a certain person...

LOL... For his sake, I hope he's fixed that :P

Another one to fix as far as supports goes (IIRC, I posted the two other borked ones on PokeEmblem A LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago... XD)

Yuno x Thany A Support:

[OpenMidLeft][LoadFace][0x27][0x01][OpenMidRight][LoadFace][0x29][0x01][OpenMidRight]Yuno![A]

[OpenMidLeft]Thany.[A]

I haven't told you this yet, but...[A]

[OpenMidRight]What?[A]

[OpenMidLeft]While you were away,

we had a baby girl.[A]

[OpenMidRight]What!?[A]

A baby between you and Zealot!?

Where, where?[A]

I want to carry her...[A]

[OpenMidLeft]I can't bring her to the

battlefield, Thany.[A]

I entrusted her to the

nannies back home.[A]

You can see her when

we go home.[A]

[OpenMidRight]Yay![A]

Yuno's baby...

she must be so cute![A]

Oh, I really want to see her![A]

[OpenMidLeft]You will, don't worry.[A]

[OpenMidRight][ToggleSmile]Wait.[A]

Then...

That makes me an...aunt?[A]

But I'm still so young...[A][X]

LOL

And someone screwed up something during Translation... Zealot and Yuno's C Support is the same text slot as Thany and Yuno's A Support >_>

As in, they're mashed together ._.

Edited by shadowofchaos

At last, I've finally done something with Chapter 8x. Not much but it's a start.

fesosscrns8xteaser.png

Thanks for the supports again Shadowofchaos.

And the split route events are basically the same as gaiden chapter events I've already.

Except this time I'm asking the game to check for certain triggered IDs, like Arch said, instead of weather Lilina's alive.

Dude, Henning's palette, oh my god. That's pretty sick.

Also, since I can't help but want to get my hands into everything, d'you need someone to help make the replacements for the recolors later on? If not, that's cool :P

• 5 weeks later...

1. Clarine's broken. By chronically healing her nonstop (without arena abusing, obviously) she's a 20/1 Valkyrie by the end of chapter 8, and easily pwns the reinforcements and Leygance. And she dodges EVERYTHING.

2. Give Damas a Hand Axe. Otherwise, he's Wolt bait.

3. WHOOPS LOOKS LIKE THIS WAS POINTED OUT ALREADY LOL When healing Wendy I get a blank sprite.

4. Bors/Sue doesn't need to level up defense/attack EVERY TURN. It breaks him/her.

5. I can haz Ostian triangle attack?

6. Balance the units overall. Unless Rekka no Ken processes level ups differently, make their growths EXACTLY THE SAME. As in, how it WOULD be, in Fuin.

7. Allow units to trade with Merlinus. Otherwise it's a waste to go to villages with him.

8. Change the R button character descriptions. "A knight serving Pherae" is bland as hell and everyone knows it.

9. Mythril : most pointless weapon set since Bronze.

10. Optional: Make Lilina her own class ("Lady" or "Mage Lord" comes to mind), give her her own tome/custom promoted sprite (she said she had a pony at the end of Rekka no Ken, so you can just make a variant on the Valkyrie/Mage Knight. Oh, and if you do that make one of the chests in chapter 8 a promotional item for her instead of a Guiding Ring).

11. Also optional: improve the script. Add events. Humanize the storyline and characters like Rekka did.

12. Thrice optional: this project is so awesome it deserves its own site.

13. Keep a to-do list and update the first post (or site if you elect to make one).

Edited by Kysafen

1. Clarine's broken. By chronically healing her nonstop (without arena abusing, obviously) she's a 20/1 Valkyrie by the end of chapter 8, and easily pwns the reinforcements and Leygance. And she dodges EVERYTHING.

2. Give Damas a Hand Axe. Otherwise, he's Wolt bait.

4. Bors/Sue doesn't need to level up defense/attack EVERY TURN. It breaks him/her.

5. I can haz Ostian triangle attack?

9. Mythril : most pointless weapon set since Bronze.

1. Depends on how you're playin' through, I'd guess. I seriously don't see how 'healing all the time results in high levels' is different from any other healer.

2. ...Anything is Wolt bait?

4. I doubt they gave those units 100% growths in those areas.

5. From what little I know of hacking, no, unless you don't mind them looking like Pegasi in the animation. There's something like that, anyway.

9. Aren't Mythrils just Slims?

5. From what little I know of hacking, no, unless you don't mind them looking like Pegasi in the animation. There's something like that, anyway.

9. Aren't Mythrils just Slims?

5. The Ostian knight animation is in FE7. The data is seriously there. I don't know how to access it, but SL's no idiot. I'm sure he could figure it out.

9. Mithrils are pretty much just slims. I like the idea better, myself.

5. The Ostian knight animation is in FE7. The data is seriously there. I don't know how to access it, but SL's no idiot. I'm sure he could figure it out.

I do believe it's that "other" Triangle attack ability for the class/character nightmare modules. I haven't tested it, but that's how it SHOULD work.

7. Allow units to trade with Merlinus. Otherwise it's a waste to go to villages with him.

10. Optional: Make Lilina her own class ("Lady" or "Mage Lord" comes to mind), give her her own tome/custom promoted sprite (she said she had a pony at the end of Rekka no Ken, so you can just make a variant on the Valkyrie/Mage Knight. Oh, and if you do that make one of the chests in chapter 8 a promotional item for her instead of a Guiding Ring).

7. Unless he knows ASM, I don't think he can do anything about how FE7 made Merlinus function.

10. ... Ehh? A custom class for Lilina... not a bad idea... but ehh...

Edited by shadowofchaos

I do believe it's that "other" Triangle attack ability for the class/character nightmare modules. I haven't tested it, but that's how it SHOULD work.

I tested it with Lyn, Sain, and Kent. Pegasus Knights are what I got.

I tested it with Lyn, Sain, and Kent. Pegasus Knights are what I got.

This one?

Ability 3, 0x20 is Triangle Attack. This is for Pegasus Knights. There is another triangle attack option, 0x40. I am almost certain this is leftover from FE6 as the armor knight triangle 'skill' is 0x40 in FE6. However, this triangle attack could probably be used for something else too.
Triangle Attack Graphics- Start around image 495 (+ or - a few) in GBAGE

0x2E5CB8 - First Graphic

Order:

PegasusKnight (Lance)

FalcoKnight (Lance)

FalcoKnight (Sword)

PegasusKnight (Lance) (2nd sheet)

FalcoKnight (Lance) (2nd sheet)

FalcoKnight (Sword) (2nd sheet)

ArmorKnight (Standing)

General (Spear) (Standing)

General (Axe) (Standing)

General (Handaxe) (Standing)

ArmorKnight (Attack Motion)

General (Spear) (Attack Motion)

General (Axe) (Attack Motion)

General (Handaxe) (Attack Motion)

Pointer to ArmorKnight graphics at 0x6AAC8 in ASM

This means that they are probably already coded into the game and leftover from FE6, but simply unused (most likely since there aren't 3 armor knights to do it with). This also means that it's likely that one can use the Armor Knight triangle if they just set it up.

Data continues right after the final graphics (i.e. there is more graphics right after the General handaxe graphics) meaning miscellaneous data (animation and whatever else) is probably both before and in the first megabyte's span of data.

0x2E58BC - compressed data right before graphics. Slight resemblance to TSA at first but then diverts from this and shows signs of graphical data (0xF0 0x01, which is in essence blank graphics). Idk if it has to do with anything.

In any case the only way to tell how this works and what is relevant or not is through ASM. One could edit the existing graphics, triangle convos, who has the skills, and test the usage of the unused [once used as FE6's armor knight] triangle attack.

For palettes, I believe that the palette of the surrounding characters is used... that is, use the battle reference module to get the palette of the Pegasus Knight sisters. I tested this and it loads fine and looks great.

Farina's Palette- 0xFDA00C

Fiora's Palette- 0xFDA07C

Florina's Palette- 0xFDA0EC

Then I guess it's not there. Despite Blazer's notes on where it is, I don't think it'll be ported anytime soon. Unless someone here has ASM hacking experience.

Edit: Yeah, it was pegasus knights... however the graphics and data are THERE.

Edit: It's there... you just have to have them change to knights.

ArmorknightTriangle.pngArmorknightTriangle2.png

ArmorknightTriangle3.pngArmorknightTriangle4.png

Edit: In fact, here you go:

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 4 weeks later...

At last, some progress. I still need to make a fog palette for chapter 9, but that shouldn't take too long.

fesos-scrns_9_teaser.png

And I did know about the 'knight' triangle attack, thank you again Shadowofchaos, I may change Wendy back to a knight and include it. Most of the last patches changes from the original game were simply trials, to see how popular they were with you guys.

Maybe have Wendy promote to the Great Knight. That could still make her useful, and a bit different. Course the triangle attack would go away if you promote her, but that might weigh the benefits of promoting her.