Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

Should probably say that this project has been and will remain on hold until after my exams in June. Sorry about not mentioning this earlier, I'm just lazy.

Edited by Superluigi

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda figured, not sure how old you are but people tend to be real busy in May, give or take a month (cough June in your case). Since this will take a while I think I'll finish my normal FE6 playthrough...

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, can someone please upload the patch onto Megaupload, or Rapidshare or something like that? For some reason, my anti-virus is flagging it as "dangerous". That would really help, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm new here and I made an account just cause this hack looks so amazing. I downloaded the patch from the first post but it has two things and I'm really noobish. I have a mac and I use VBA and when I have the rom and the translation patch it works but I don't know how to use the stuff in the link. Thanks!

Thank you so much!

Wait, so I put the patch in the same folder and give it the same name right? Because the thing I downloaded has two things one is UPS and one is sav, I've tried both and gave them the same name but both don't do anything and the game is the same like there's no patch. Sorry for the questions.

Edited by masterlord76

Use NUPS and install Mono

(alternatively there was some way to use Tsukiyomi with some special program on a mac, but I don't know anything about it, so you'd have to just google that yourself is for some reason NUPS doesn't work)

(alternatively there was some way to use Tsukiyomi with some special program on a mac, but I don't know anything about it, so you'd have to just google that yourself is for some reason NUPS doesn't work)

That would be Wine, a Windows emulator for Unix like systems, including Mac.

Ok, so I just finished up a run through of the demo and some overall thoughts.

~Don't know if it was just me pressing a button without knowing it but some of the conversations seemed to end rather abruptly

~Supports were obviously not fixed, didn't expect them to be (that's sort of a 'last minute insertion thing') still made me chuckle in hilaritry as I saw Rutgar and Clarine be shy

~Treck still had Sain's 'description' when you hovered over his name, easily fixed but something I noticed.

~Hooray for Zealot actually getting decent growths, Didn't check out Marcus to see if he got the same, but it's nice to know that With some arena training they'll make nice units.

~I actually appreciate all the little touches to humanize the characters (having Alan and Lance talking in Chapter 8 if they are still alive) something I heard while I was showcasing it was 'if the generic NPCs sounded less connected to Roy than Alan/Lance it would make it much more important to keep them alive' that was just a thought anyway.

~Will endings be edited in full? back in FE6 it was only Roy who got a custom ending and to me that spoke worse about the game to me, though I didn't fault it since it was the first GBA FE.

Anyway some suggestions, feel free to tell me to go take a flying leap cause it's you're project, not mine.

~Guinevere as a Lord, Not the moment she joins the army (reservations about fighting Bern and all) but I could see her joining when Miledy joins the army (at that point she's with the army permanently) It would be a lot of work (SUPPORTS, ENDINGS, UNIQUE THINGS) but I for one think it would be well worth the effort.

~Zephiel talking to the army when they attack him. This annoyed me the most in FE6, literally no one I tried had unique dialogue with the man and I threw EVERYONE from Bern at him, Roy at him, Cecillia (who he had previously almost killed), Lilina (responsible for her dads death), Percival, Rutgar, Even if he's dismissing them as worthless and beneath him (Tell me, how do you see ants?) it's still more character for THEM than Zephiel giving them nothing.

~Earlier promote time for Roy, chapter 16 is best (becomes General of the army then) I know it's been suggested and I understand the reasoning behind NOT changing it, but looking at it from a gameplay perspective, there is absolutely no fun in a lord who either maxes out his level so you never use him, or isn't strong enough to keep up with everyone else. People want a Hector, not a Leaf.

~Throw in some flavour of your own, the pre-battle conversations in certain chapters for deploying certain units? the whole Ally saying a line if still alive? I don't think their is anyone alive who would really complain, it's good character building for a game that lacked it. No one is saying pull a 'Typical Strategy Game 10 Minutes Between Missions of TALK TALK TALK' thing, maybe have context sensetive talk topics on certain maps between a few characters (if that makes sense) like when you meet Barths group in Chapter 8 and Bors/Lilina can talk to them of course it should have meaning (A talk topic with Cecilla about how her wounds are makes sense after Zephiel beat the crap out of her, while Lot and Ward talking about pies in chapter 8 does not)

Anyway all those are just my humble opinion. I do enjoy the hack, I certainly enjoy the great support system of FE7.

Oh P.S. Did a set of Ostian Allies appear in Chapter 8 normally if you took too long? because two green armored knights appeared to help after a bunch of Silver Weapon wielding enemies bust in. Just curious if that was your own design or if I just never took long enough in FE6

~Zephiel talking to the army when they attack him. This annoyed me the most in FE6, literally no one I tried had unique dialogue with the man and I threw EVERYONE from Bern at him, Roy at him, Cecillia (who he had previously almost killed), Lilina (responsible for her dads death), Percival, Rutgar, Even if he's dismissing them as

worthless and beneath him (Tell me, how do you see ants?) it's still more character for THEM than Zephiel giving them nothing.

Maybe he should have dialogue with Marcus or Bartre, seeing that they protected him and everything in FE7.

~Hooray for Zealot actually getting decent growths, Didn't check out Marcus to see if he got the same, but it's nice to know that With some arena training they'll make nice units.

See, there's my problem: everyone's TOO good. I'm not sure if Superluigi put in the same growth %s as FE6 and it just so happens FE7's engine smote the RNG Goddess, but when my original FE6's Sue is at Level 16 and only has 7 attack, and this remake's Sue is at level 9 and has 12 Attack, there's a problem.

And I've said this before, but I'll say it again: tone down the EXP gain for healers. Clarine, by the end of chapter 8 is already promoted and dodges E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. It's close to game breaking, really.

See, there's my problem: everyone's TOO good. I'm not sure if Superluigi put in the same growth %s as FE6 and it just so happens FE7's engine smote the RNG Goddess, but when my original FE6's Sue is at Level 16 and only has 7 attack, and this remake's Sue is at level 9 and has 12 Attack, there's a problem.

And I've said this before, but I'll say it again: tone down the EXP gain for healers. Clarine, by the end of chapter 8 is already promoted and dodges E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. It's close to game breaking, really.

I don't think he put in the same growths, but I don't think there is a problem with increasing the growth of a few characters, so long as the enemy gets tougher to match it. I had the same reservations when. And yeah Clarine will be promoted by Chapter 8 but that IS when you start running into the promoted units, so I don't know how to feel about that. Besides Lot and Ward were 20/-- by Chapter 8 as well for me. Without Arena Abuse.

Although, Barth still sucks because Barth.

Edited by Onmi

Your FE6 Sue is screwed. She should have 9 or 10 strength.

EXP gain is hard to balance for healers since it's highly dependent on how fast you play, but 20 levels in 4 chapters does sound pretty rdiculous. I found that the original FE6 staff exp gain was just right for me, since I had Clarine promote in Chapter 14.

Oh also, take liberties with the original where it sounded bad. Case in point Chapter 5 Epilogue. Saul comes in, reveals Guinevere has the Fire Emblem and then the scene ends with her saying "I apologize Roy" and the player is left going "What?" how about "I apologize for keeping the Fire Emblem secret from you" "That's okay Princess, you had your reasons, I hope you can be more forthcoming with me in the future"

I'm sorry, old literature classes kicking in. That scene just ends awkwardly and it's bad enough the whole chapter already feels like "And what does any of this have to do with Bern?" hell for a chapter named 'The Fire Emblem' there is very little in the chapter to do with the gem, only the bit at the end.

Anyway in short, if you see things like that, fix them.

^

"I apologize, Roy. I seem to be such a burden on you..."

I personally don't see how it doesn't fit. I'll be sure to take all of your suggestions into consideration, though I can't say that I haven't thought about how to allow Roy to promote earlier.

Anyway I'll be reviewing character growths near the time of the release of the next patch.

In the meantime a sneak preview of FEE3 Demo chapter.

fire_emblem_roys_test_1.png

In the meantime a sneak preview of FEE3 Demo chapter.

fire_emblem_roys_test_1.png

Is that a Igrene I spy? :awesome:

Wait, wait, wait. Fa is an item now? Totally playing this if that's the case. =P

Since when are dragon lolis NOT items?

*shot*

I wonder if he's using the different modes to his advantage for the bonus content (to bar supports during those chapters). I wonder if someone can ASM it so that the player has access to the menu without a save file.

Edited by shadowofkitty

Wait, wait, wait. Fa is an item now? Totally playing this if that's the case. =P

FaeFE6.pngFa

"Fa's so cramped in this inventory slot!"

*+5 Hugs*