[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notes on the latest (and outdated) patch:

The dialogue after the first ballistae shot is fired,"fighting" didn't immediately imply to me siezing the castle, so the dialogue seemed like two arbitrary terms were being argued over. Maybe this is just me though

Chapter 8-2 crashes at the end of the chapter if Deteri (I believe that's the GK's name) dies. (I have yet to recruit him, so even when the ending ran, it was kind of odd.)

Calling everyone from nabata "bandits" seems a bit misleading, couldn't you call them nomads, or just people?

I also felt like I was waiting for Legault to say "I am not BrendanReed, but..." the entire two parts.

The necessity of Vaida's sacrifice could be explained, but I like her subplot.

Black Fang convos are cool, you have the best elaboration of the Black Fang despite it not being your hack's main focus.

Nando's has a "]" right before he says"Well, its good to see two brothers so close to one another."

Also, Lloyd says "I'll do what?" instead of Nando, I think.

And I believe Brendan in Opal's conversation has holes through his head(transparent eyes).

Edited by deranger

Thanks for the reports, deranger. I'll definitely take care to make sure all of those issues are addressed.

But alas, that's a bit of a ways away. This is as far as I've gotten (been doing Hector's Tale today).

againstdawson.png

But, it's one step close to the first release of Elibian Nights v5! The plan is to have the first three tales (and their gaidens) ready in the first patch, and then build the rest of the tales off of that first patch. Hoping to have a beta of the first release to be tested within a week or so.

Edited by Arch

Oh, and I tried playing tale 7 after I beat tale 8, skipped the dialogue (not a regular occurance), and Sain was not present while Virgil was a level 4 cavalier (though I think he still had his stats, just with cav bases).

Also, Virgil is named Virgil. Might want to fix that.

Stoked for v5

Edited by deranger

Okay, so..Just made an account to talk about Elibian Nights tbh colon3.gif

So far it's a pretty (really) good hack/mod. And after reading through, I guess there aren't really any bugs/issues I can talk about.

Going through Karel's story a second time due to the freeze/crash after the scripted fight against the Cyclops on a different version

of VBA.

At least it's not too challenging for his story. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edit: Welp, it's working now :D The cursor didn't show up from the start, but hitting L to force it to Karel fixed it and I was able to continue.

Edited by DarkxFatal

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/

I've got a new poll up, for people to weigh in on who they'd like to see starring in a tale. The poll might just sway my opinion, since I'm torn a little bit on what I'd like to do (I've got synopses for each of the options). This poll's actually kind of important, so I'd be grateful if fans of the project would take the time to vote!

Edited by Arch

Went with Fiora cause she's a BOSS. Zephiel might be more interesting though, with more backstory to draw on and such (Or Igrene's might be more interesting due to her enigmatic status) lol idk.

That's why I thought Igrene would be fun, as would Astol. Both offered a chance to explore the characters in ways that previously weren't as fleshed out--which in the process, could mean maps which were a little different than expected (Igrene scouting out some desert hills, Astol eavesdropping on some Etrurian politician doing some not-so-nice-stuff at the mines, and the like). They were free to play with, rather than constricted, like Zephiel or Kent (though you could've killed Kent off as fan-canon).

Gah, where is the all of the above option?

Hell, I'm abstaining because I feel like they'd all be interesting.

Or, maybe I'll vote for Astol, he has a bit of back story, especially by FE6's standards, that could be really interesting fleshed out.

Edited by deranger

Zephiel seems a bit too obvious. Crazy old dark magic lady living in the mountains sounds FAR more interesting, I'll take Igrene any day.

You realize Igrene is an archer who would be in her teens or early twenties and live in the desert right?

Edited by deranger

Well I vote for the tactician, just because he's the tactician, which makes him based on the player, which makes me like him a lot :3 , and I think it can be one of the most interesting tales (although maybe he fits in better in the final tale because I assume that many characters which where in other tales will also be in that one and many others from fe7)

As much as I think the tactician would be cool, I voted for Igrene. There's so much backstory one(esp. Arch) could do to flesh out her character. Ex: delve further into the relationship of her and Astol, the father-daughter relationship (since Hawkeye already appears in the hack), talk about her introduction to Fae and Sophia(would be pretty awesome in my opinion), and other such occurrences.

[spoiler=FE13 Stuff]Apparently Mark is the son of FE13's My Unit, recruited in-game. Tactician's Tale where Mark's origins get explained? Hahah. We could do all that whack dimension travel shit. Infest Elibian Nights with this tomfoolery.

[spoiler=FE13 Stuff]Apparently Mark is the son of FE13's My Unit, recruited in-game. Tactician's Tale where Mark's origins get explained? Hahah. We could do all that whack dimension travel shit. Infest Elibian Nights with this tomfoolery.

We should just have a dragon's gate tale where characters from different games in the series show up and ally themselves together to defeat all of the villains who also all allied together to make an ultimate organization of fire emblem bad guys, and and they all got there through time travel, but they also got way stronger because of magic and time travel. WAIT, FUCK, I JUST GOT THE BEST FAN FICTION IDEA.

We should just have a dragon's gate tale where characters from different games in the series show up and ally themselves together to defeat all of the villains who also all allied together to make an ultimate organization of fire emblem bad guys, and and they all got there through time travel, but they also got way stronger because of magic and time travel. WAIT, FUCK, I JUST GOT THE BEST FAN FICTION IDEA.

Harry Potter's a starting unit right?

[ / off-topic ]

Probably just an easter egg nod to FE7, which was the first game to give the player a presence in the story. Also the fact that Mark in FE7 can be a boy or girl, while Mark in Awakening is statically a male character goes against that. :p

Should have made the gender of the MyUnit's kid vary based on the choice of gender for the MyUnit itself. Mark if it's a boy, and Marcy or something like that if it was a girl.

[spoiler=Crazy response]I've heard speculation that Akaneia's world was actually the world on the other side of Elibe's Dragon's Gate.

Based on that, and the fact that we know nothing about the Tactician's origins; it is possible that the son of the MyUnit could have crossed over, got magically sex changed based on the player's preference and got lost in Elibe's world when (s)he was found by Lyn.

It would make a funny tale though. Maybe as a secret tale you unlock by getting all the achievements or something.