[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

lyn wasn't a main character in like 80% of FE7 either

also she could be, you know

the figurative "lord of the blades" if you want to get lame about it

I know helper monkey doesn't get the final word on anything, but I do agree with dondon here.

*shrug*

Sir OVERTROLL gets the final word though. I'm just the guy he asks when he needs help with certain things.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Serenes in a nutshell. Can't go two seconds without a hissy-fit.

In otherwords, it's the opposite of its namesake. XD

and we're totally off-topic

EDIT: I always thought "Lord" referred to one being a "Landlord", lol. Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn all "own" certain territories, after all (albeit it's actually another family member who controls it, they're still closely related to the family of the head landlord). The same goes for FE8 (Renais) and FE6 (Pherae). I don't remember enough about FE9 or FE10 to refer to them but Marth is also a Prince and thus a [Land]Lord, so that takes care of 4 games, I believe. I can't reflect on FE2, 4-5, and 13 since I don't know enough about them, sadly. :\

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

EDIT: I always thought "Lord" referred to one being a "Landlord", lol. Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn all "own" certain territories, after all (albeit it's actually another family member who controls it, they're still closely related to the family of the head landlord). The same goes for FE8 (Renais) and FE6 (Pherae).

While Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn would all have been referred to as "Lord Eliwood" "Lady Lyndis" or "Lord Hector", they aren't actually lords until they've become the marquess of their respective territories. At least if I remember this shit correctly, it's been a few years. You're also not using landlord correctly, it's just lord.

I think Trueblade won't work because of what you said, it implies a similar to the class from FE10, which makes me think "tier 3, extremely powerful/fast", stuff like that. If I saw "Trueblade" I'd expect to see a mimic of the FE10 battle animation attached to it as well

I also think Blade Lord is even better than "Lorca(n)"

Well, she is fast, and she did take on a dragon. She should be powerful...

I still like Blade lord the most though. She isn't a lord who uses blades, but a lord of the blades, aka blade lord. It sounds better than Lorca(n)

Lorcan Lord! ... No, Lorca Chief! Lyn is the last of her tribe, right? She can declare herself the chief - who's gonna object? Heh.

As you pointed out, the term isn't necessary reflective of their actual title as a noble. It's obviously a term used within the series to denote the starring character of a game.

Marth has the Lord class in FE13, even though he's clearly not the main character.

Can anyone come up with a better class name for Lyn? I don't want to use "Blade Lord," since the three FE7 stars aren't "Lords" any more. However, people have been complaining about "Lorca," which is what I went with because I didn't have anything better.

Now the discussion is trying to navigate whether lord would be applicable or not in the first place.

How much has this mod actually progressed since a year and a half ago? I noticed a MarkyJoe vid that was uploaded almost two years ago and the hack doesn't look like it's made more than slow month's worth of progress.

Fuck it.

LynClass.png

Y'all are a ridiculous bunch. Maybe I should go ask 4chan for input instead? Might be a more constructive use of my time.

Hey Serlis?

How much has this mod actually progressed since a year and a half ago? I noticed a MarkyJoe vid that was uploaded almost two years ago and the hack doesn't look like it's made more than slow month's worth of progress.

"Slow month's worth of progress?" That'd be one helluva month, considering that, from Marky's last video, 8 more playable maps have been added, an achievements system has been implemented, and, adding to that, two of the chapters have been totally revamped; not to mention that the project has been not only built once, but rebuilt from scratch a second time. If you're going to take cheap shots like that, at least make it a valid attack.

Edited by Madam Red

Hey Serlis?

"Slow month's worth of progress?" That'd be one helluva month, considering that, from Marky's last video, 8 more playable maps have been added, an achievements system has been implemented, and, adding to that, two of the chapters have been totally revamped; not to mention that the project has been not only built once, but rebuilt from scratch a second time. If you're going to take cheap shots like that, at least make it a valid attack. Fuck off, prick.

It wasn't a cheap shot, but an honest question. The only real thing I know about your project was that you stopped for a while to restart, something about a bork you couldn't fix. Your unnecessary hostility is pathetic :(

So you're admitting you haven't been reading the thread at all for the past, like, forty full-size pages it's been since Marc ran through it. Right... have fun with that.

It wasn't a cheap shot, but an honest question. The only real thing I know about your project was that you stopped for a while to restart, something about a bork you couldn't fix. Your unnecessary hostility is pathetic :(

And then there's the times when you've been quick to praise the work of others who are less picky about their quality control. There's no shame in not being picky about details, but from the way you sounded, your honest question was being "honestly being a jerk."

You are quick to react whenever someone bashes your precious moonrune/simple stat edit/SNES/whatever hacks, but seem to expect a calmer reaction from us when he's doing more than just simple stat/portrait/text edits? That's a little double standard much.

You had the gall to assert that two years of personal work amounted to "a slow month." It's an insult of the highest degree. Maybe, instead of making damning assertions, you should simply do a little bit of poking around to see the hack's progress? Looking at the front page, or, say, the pictures in my signature should give you an idea of the progress that's been made.

Your unnecessary assholery is absolutely pathetic.

And then there's the times when you've been quick to praise the work of others who are less picky about their quality control. There's no shame in not being picky about details, but from the way you sounded, your honest question was being "honestly being a jerk."

You are quick to react whenever someone bashes your precious moonrune/simple stat edit/SNES/whatever hacks, but seem to expect a calmer reaction from us when he's doing more than just simple stat/portrait/text edits? That's a little double standard much.

"My precious?" I don't haven't posted anything of mine for years, not since acmlm 2 died out. So this is coming out of nowhere--which means it's taking some effort of envisioning on your part >_> I wonder at the progress of many fan projects which don't seem to make much progress for a long amount of time. I like to keep tabs so I can spread the info around to those who don't know--and that means, in the process, I'd like to spread accurate information. I didn't have a clear idea of how far Elibian Nights had come, but this discussion and the MarkyJoe video reminded me that I didn't know much the newest revisions.

Sorry if it sounds jerkish. Would you rather I sugar my words?

You had the gall to assert that two years of personal work amounted to "a slow month." It's an insult of the highest degree. Maybe, instead of making damning assertions, you should simply do a little bit of poking around to see the hack's progress? Looking at the front page, or, say, the pictures in my signature should give you an idea of the progress that's been made.

Using the correct form of 'assert,' I did nothing of the sort. I didn't say it hadn't, but I said it looks [thus subjective] like little progress has been made. Relatively neutral. I've noticed progress in bits and pieces, usually from side-comments in the thread (last big thing I remember was something about Karel, to give you an idea of the context). As I said to shadowofchaos, I was just wanting to update myself on the progress, and I thought you'd offer the best answer, being the author and all. I suppose I could just share your reaction--if that's your public image you're carrying :/

Edited by Celice

instead of being incredibly obtuse about what he's referring to you could, i don't know, try not to sound like such a condescending prick all the time? maybe that would be the key to avoiding this "unnecessary hostility" you seem to despise so much?

now i think you're just doing it on purpose

edit- well i can't argue with that; you can't really seem to sound like anything else

Edited by Camtech

I didn't say it hadn't, but I said it looks [thus subjective] like little progress has been made. Relatively neutral. I've noticed progress in bits and pieces, usually from side-comments in the thread (last big thing I remember was something about Karel, to give you an idea of the context). As I said to shadowofchaos, I was just wanting to update myself on the progress, and I thought you'd offer the best answer, being the author and all. I suppose I could just share your reaction--if that's your public image you're carrying :/

There were definitely better ways to go about that. You could've simply said that you haven't been following the project, and were curious about how much progress had been made. Instead, you feel the need to frame it in the context of insulting my lack of progress. Of course throwing a bomb like that is going to provoke a negative response. You just happened to catch me on a day where I just said "fuck it, and fuck this guy," rather than caring about petty public image nonsense.

Edited by Arch

I did. Not entirely at first, because most people don't burst like you apparently do, quite definitively in your own words: as a bomb. I didn't have the need to frame an insult (I don't really care all that much about making insults to be honest, and paring that with interest in your project [as evidenced by my lack of knowledge]--assuming I wanted not only to insult you but insult your progress of the mod--whoa).

You just happened to catch me on a day where I just said "fuck it, and fuck this guy," rather than caring about petty public image nonsense.

It's not just a day, when you've been doing this on several occasions throughout the past couple years. It's actually gotten worse as time's gone on. You and Blazer used to be so nice back in the day, I remember back at FESS... <insert-cranky-kong-here>

wXxj.png

This should be a cameo appearance, along with that Sanic dude

aFfT3.png

Edited by Celice