[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

It's the weekend! Where is it? I'm salivating. :drool:

I'm working hard on it today. Expect a release tomorrow, it might come sooner but Sunday is a safe bet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Monday, I failed to meet my deadline. However, I bring to you, as promised, a patch!

http://h1.ripway.com/fe4advance/elibiannights1-1.ups

I've worked hard on this patch. It has been thoroughly beta tested, however if anyone encounters bugs please report them so I can fix them ASAP. What would a release be without some screenies?

rogueseverywhere.pngdayanandguy.pngquickaxe.png

RebeccaSilverBowPalette.pngbetterpic.pngkutolahwhere.png

My credits consist (so far) of four people: myself obviously for hacking and writing the story; Nayr for his sprites, maps and the idea; Flamemonkey for beta-testing; and shadowofchaos for helping with hacking and beta-testing.

Edited by General Archibald

*Brandishes Rapier* Hello. My name is Acacia SGT. You used pairings I don't support. Prepare to die.

lol As if. I'm not one of... them. :ph34r:

Anyway, it was good so far. I'm now left with curiosity over the other chapters now... :awesome:

The Prologue really caught me off guard. I thought it was going to be in the style of a regular game chapter, that with the world map, narration text, and all that. Either way, it was well done.

nice job Arch i finished this hack and i must say well done. one thing though is when raven fights the sage dude in tale 2 the conversation turns into the ch 3 convo between florina and some bandit :/ other than that good job

Just beat the first tale. Don't know if you're worried about grammar and spelling but if you are, there might be this:

2r3xez5.jpg

Shouldn't that be "Knights of Pherae"?

[spoiler=thoughts on Tale 1]

I like what you did with Rebecca, giving her a Silver Bow and the speed to double everything save Rogues to make her offense pretty decent (1RKOing most enemies) despite the lack of enemy phase is probably what Archers/Snipers should have. That or 1-5 range like in Gaiden.

I think the boss could use some more SPD since the Brave Axe dropping his AS down by 5 makes him to easy to kill (Harken/Isadora/Lowen/Eliwood double, next one that attacks will kill him without getting counter-attacked). As for the Berserkers, are their AI set to attack enemies they have actually a hit rate on? They only attacked Harken when their choices were Ninian, Eliwood, Lowen and Harken.

[spoiler=Tale 2]

I liked this one better, the enemies did better against this bunch compared to the previous tale. One thing I'd have to complain about is the last bunch of Paladins... I wasn't even trying to position my units carefully and I ended up getting the boss to attack me with Bolting and killed him with Geitz using the Iron Bow to weaken him and then finishing him off with Heath. Because of that, the last bunch of Paladins never attacked. I'd give that General near the throne room a Silver Axe and Spear.

Also, what's with the chests there? Just a reference to FE6's chapter 3?

[spoiler=Tale 3]

Other than the need for luck thanks to existent crit chances from enemies, this one's not too bad. Guy didn't get much to do, just killed the enemies that attack him as soon as he appears and the Steel Bow Warrior since moving him back so the Nomads that come after them go for Dayan instead was a better option. Dayan is too strong o_o

I can't help but think that there's going to be another tale involving the Kutolah and Djute tribe because of what Velimir says at the end.

Btw, is that Lloyd support supposed to be there?

153qvis.jpg

Edited by Sirius

2r3xez5.jpg

Shouldn't that be "Knights of Pherae"?

Am I the only one here who thought about Lego?

Regardless, this is looking really good...alas, I lack the time to play it (well, the willpower to justify time not spent with FE4...) but I'm certain it plays as well as it sounds.

Loving it. I finished Tales 1 and 2 and will get around to three.

The prologue was hilarious.

Tale 2 is good enough to be potential canon since it fits the universe so well.

Though I would've liked a reference to Lucius building that orphanage that Lugh, Ray, and Chad one day occupy. But hey, your hack not mine. Everything's good as is.

http://h1.ripway.com/fe4advance/elibiannightsfixed.ups

Here we are, hopefully the final patch until the next big release. Fixes all reported typos and changes the Wil x Raven conversation to add some sensibility to his presence. It also gives battle quotes/death quotes to Werner, fixes the Eliwood x Werner conversation, changes the happy music at the end of Tale 2, gets rid of that damned Lyn's theme playing at the start of Tale 2, and adds a conversation between Kent x Sain.

Edited by General Archibald

Hey Arch, can i axe you why Rebbecca and Lowen have an A support?

Ignoring the bad pun there, I have one thing to say Arch. I am seriously disappoint. I was about to say all the pairings were okay by me too until I saw this.

Otherwise I like everything else. I just can't get over that.

Ignoring the bad pun there, I have one thing to say Arch. I am seriously disappoint. I was about to say all the pairings were okay by me too until I saw this.

Otherwise I like everything else. I just can't get over that.

I quote this from FEU:

Also as an added note, one of Arch's bonus motivation for this hack is to troll Serenes Forest Forum's pairing whores And to cause a riot from ENRAEGED members, thereby rotting the community from the inside-out

(4:21:27 PM) Arch: I've had people tell me the third tale was the best, except for the difficulty being too rough for some

(4:21:38 PM) shadowofchaos: Yeah the difficulty defnitely

(4:21:38 PM) shadowofchaos: XD

(4:21:42 PM) Arch: Oh, apparently Lowen x Rebecca killed the hack for someone

(4:22:01 PM) shadowofchaos: lol

(4:22:03 PM) shadowofchaos: oh them

(4:22:08 PM) shadowofchaos: TROLLING SUCCESSFUL

(4:22:19 PM) Arch: YAY

(4:22:21 PM) shadowofchaos: I'm posting that

(4:22:29 PM) Arch: XD

XD

I played Tale 3 and it was fun!

Dayan was a bit overpowered with his Longsword, but giving the enemies decent crit chances made all the more exciting. Also getting Lyn to recruit Rath without the Kutolah killing Kent and Sain was a bit tough.

And yeeeah, you used pairings I don't like. LowenxRebecca? HeathxPriscilla? LynxRath?! Consider this pairing whore successfully trolled, Arch. :P

Edited by El Rey León

Can u get chests in tale 2 or are they just decorations

also I just finished great hack it was lots of fun the huts in 3 made me laugh.

Bartre and Karla just sit there in the hut and bartre says he wants a fight and Sigurd randomly hanging out in a hut

Edited by HongLei