[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

May I suggest "Spiritblade"? Though practically nothing was made of it outside Chapter 2 of FE7, Lyn is the chosen wielder of two spirit-inhabited swords, at least one of which is/was a pretty big deal in Sacaean culture, and she possesses both in this chapter; from the perspective of her as a Sacaean warrior, I could certainly see the possession of both the Mani Katti and Sol Katti coming to eventually define her in the eyes of other Sacaeans. The name also resembles "Trueblade", which may add a certain connotation of power to the appearance of the class depending on the individual playing. That said, "Spiritblade" does sound pretty clunky and could definitely do with some reworking - Spriteblade? Soul(s)blade? idk I am terrible at this

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't see what was wrong with Lorca, but I guess I'd support Hunter or Switftblade.

Call her Cow.

You fight like a dairy farmer.

This is the part where it gets hard to explain.

'Hunter' suggests that the extent of their combat ability either is or directly relates to the hunting of game.

So it doesn't fit the standard definition of a hunter? You're complaining about this in a game where clerics don't use maces, pirates dual wield axes and walk on water, heroes and paladins can be on the side of evil, and troubadours are healers rather than storytellers (oh, and use the etymologically male variation of the term despite a female version being accessible)?

So Nayr you're telling us to make a bajillion new animations just for the sake of a few unimportant new names when pretty much none of us can dedicate that much time to animate

How about you find us animators that make quality products

Seriously every time someone says new animation I think of those two weeks where I got about 3 hours of sleep a night during SUMMER VACATION just to finish one animation and you're telling us to make six. Right.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I said quality products

There's about 5 people I know who can make quality animations and all of them have no time

Not anyone can just make an animation and expect it to be good

Throwing in my two cents:

I also like Swiftblade quite a bit but I am fine with Lorca(n) as well. As someone said, it is just a name. :p

I don't really think new animations are needed for the characters though (especially not for Raven, Pent, and Zealot). Yeah it would be super cool to see a redesigned Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector with new portraits and animations but that is a heck of a lot of work that really isn't worth it. :P Besides, the only person who could really do them justice is bwd and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ps. Love the new Kent armour.

Edited by eCut

I do feel more confident in my animating abilities now, someone would just have to make sprites of my outline

It would be pretty awesome if any character had new animations

But yeah, the amount of work to that end would be ridiculous

Also now I'm curious as to what's been going on in Skype and regret running off like a little girl

Edited by Alpha Kenny Thingthatmoves

BwdYeti

Rag

MK404

I'm done listing all the good battle spriters I know who've actually made well-animated sheets beyond simple edits

and none of them have a second of time

so yeah

:\

why do you think hacks have to settle for importing animations, small edits, and crap on par with stuff that I make, which is on par with shit usually

So Nayr you're telling us to make a bajillion new animations just for the sake of a few unimportant new names when pretty much none of us can dedicate that much time to animate

How about you find us animators that make quality products

Seriously every time someone says new animation I think of those two weeks where I got about 3 hours of sleep a night during SUMMER VACATION just to finish one animation and you're telling us to make six. Right.

First off, there's no call to act like such a bitch. I wasn't talking to you so get the fuck over yourself!

Second. Arch allows people to express ideas in this thread. I did just that!

Third. There's nothing in any of my posts that are remotely close to saying that you or anyone is obligated to do anything! It. Is. Just. A. Suggestion.

/angry counter.

Edited by The Illusive Man

First off, there's no call to act like such a bitch. I wasn't talking to you so get the fuck over yourself!

I've always wanted to see the male equivalent of a bitch in such a concept, so time to act like such a male dog in heat over this post!

Third. There's nothing in any of my posts that are remotely close to

being a good idea.

Seriously, think this shit THROUGH. It just is not logistically happening. I mean, there's ideals, and there's cold, simple fact.

Besides, I don't see what's wrong with Eliwood as he stands. His clothing doesn't change on promotion, so he's basically his T2 class dismounted, FE5 style, losing lances.

I've always wanted to see the male equivalent of a bitch in such a concept, so time to act like such a male dog in heat over this post!

being a good idea.

Seriously, think this shit THROUGH. It just is not logistically happening. I mean, there's ideals, and there's cold, simple fact.

Besides, I don't see what's wrong with Eliwood as he stands. His clothing doesn't change on promotion, so he's basically his T2 class dismounted, FE5 style, losing lances.

Funny, I didn't see a list of guidelines on what you can and cannot suggest. I just posted an idea, Lumi barged in and attacked me when what I was talking about had nothing to do with her. So any hostile response from me is her fault for instigating it.

Also I don't see where you have any right to criticize my ideas in such a fashion. Lumi, being a contributor to EN, maybe, but the way she went about it was entirely uncalled for. If Arch says no, that's fine, but I don't see where you get such entitlement.

In any case, I'm done arguing. If you want to bitch and holler cause I yelled at Lumi, be my guest. I have better things to do

because as arch said the three lords are no longer lords

who the fuck cares

i'd still rather take blade lord over any of these made-up compound words that sound like they come from fanfics written by middle schoolers

And your suggestions are so absymally absurd it's ridiculous not to call them out. I'm sick of people throwing "new animation" around like it's a thing that people can pull out of their ass.

Yes let's change a good portion of the cast AND attach a new animation what the hell

Actually, you know, think about the plausibility of your suggestions before you post next time

who the fuck cares

i'd still rather take blade lord over any of these made-up compound words that sound like they come from fanfics written by middle schoolers

A point

dondon has one

Funny, I didn't see a list of guidelines on what you can and cannot suggest.

'Impractical things that will never happen' was kinda taken for granted as something that wasn't worth anyone's time.

I just posted an idea, Lumi barged in and attacked me

yes

that was definitely an attack

how fucking thin-skinned are you?

when what I was talking about had nothing to do with her. So any hostile response from me is her fault for instigating it.

You made a stupid suggestion. She said it ain't happening. You chucked a hissy-fit. Not seein' it, bro~

Also I don't see where you have any right to criticize my ideas in such a fashion. Lumi, being a contributor to EN, maybe

Actually, I made like 75% of the new Natalie mug. Lumi cleaned up from there.

but the way she went about it was entirely uncalled for. If Arch says no, that's fine, but I don't see where you get such entitlement.

Because I'm right?

Guys ... I know I'm not a spriter or a hacker or anything, but I don't think Arch wants his thread derailed with arguments.

Okay, then it's sealed. We'll just let Arch weigh on it himself when he gets on :p

i should think of these things before i start posting on them

And your suggestions are so absymally absurd it's ridiculous not to call them out. I'm sick of people throwing "new animation" around like it's a thing that people can pull out of their ass.

Yes let's change a good portion of the cast AND attach a new animation what the hell

Actually, you know, think about the plausibility of your suggestions before you post next time

So if somebody posts an idea you don't like, it gives you all the right in the world to make snide attacks at them when the topic had absolutely nothing to do with you?

I actually feel like an idiot because somebody mentioned to me over IM last night that you had a bad attitude. I basically said that I never saw it and that you seemed cool. But damn, was I wrong.

Until you can learn some manners when you cnc any idea/sprite/etc of mine, just mind your own business.

@Furetchen: A proper response would have been something like "Sorry, Nayr. Too much work and nobody is available. It wouldn't work." Not an angry fit because she had a bad time making an animation that I had nothing to do with.

It's not that I'm thin-skinned, I just give as good as I get when people get smart with me.

Until you can learn some manners when you cnc any idea/sprite/etc of mine, just mind your own business.

Well, this was fun to see.

That's fine.

Third. There's nothing in any of my posts that are remotely close to saying that you or anyone is obligated to do anything! It. Is. Just. A. Suggestion.

They're aware. Your suggestion was seen as bad, Lumi mentioned why she thinks it's bad and threw in a little rant with her own experience as an example. You saw it as an attack and followed by calling her a bitch.

So if somebody posts an idea you don't like, it gives you all the right in the world to make snide attacks at them when the topic had absolutely nothing to do with you?

When an idea is posted, it is subject to criticism. If the idea is seen as good, it receives positive feedback, if an idea is seen as bad, it is typically called out/met with negative

@Bold: Empathy. It's not necessary for a suggestion to be specifically directed someone for them to be able to relate to the target and post their thoughts about it.

@Furetchen: A proper response would have been something like "Sorry, Nayr. Too much work and nobody is available. It wouldn't work." Not an angry fit because she had a bad time making an animation that I had nothing to do with.

It's not that I'm thin-skinned, I just give as good as I get.

@Nayr: A proper course of action you could've taken was simply ignore the "attack" and wait for Arch's response since it's his hack and his decision goes.

OR

A proper course of action you could've taken was simply report the "attack" and let the mods handle it if it needs to be.

OR

A proper course of action you could've taken was simply reply without resorting to flaming.

Hmm, I'll pass on the thin-skinned commentary.

Anyway, Lumi's criticism is obviously not as polite as you want people to be to you when criticizing your ideas. She doesn't need to be, nobody does. You don't call someone a bitch and then proceed to lecture them on mannerisms and "proper" etiquette when you fail to show such yourself in your responses nor is it wise to respond to "snide attacks" with snide remarks... last I checked, doing that only invites more bickering and foolishness.

Guys ... I know I'm not a spriter or a hacker or anything, but I don't think Arch wants his thread derailed with arguments.

You can report these things you know. That goes to you as well, Lumi and Furetchen.

Any of you that tries to continue with this bickering will be dealt with. Questions/comments must be PMed to me or any other staff member. Do NOT comment on this here.

Edited by Sirius