Prologue 1:

Prologue 2:

Create a Character:

Prologue 3:

Powerful Enemy:

Misc. pre-battle music:

Victory is Ours!:

Main Player Phase 1:

Yep, if you saw these earlier and if you're wondering, then yes, I ripped these tracks. I might compile this music into a download, if you guys want me to. I mean, it really wouldn't be that hard to do.

(P.S. if you guys want to use http://serenesforest...showtopic=20980 as your "official" music thread, feel free to rename this thread)

Edited by Kysafen

I've noticed the soundtrack is much larger this time, but that may be because it has quite a bit of Shadow Dragon's soundtrack in there as well. For example in the prologue and BS chapters it uses SD's battle music.

I was kinda disappointed by the final map song. It's just someone mashing on an organ or something.

I've noticed the soundtrack is much larger this time, but that may be because it has quite a bit of Shadow Dragon's soundtrack in there as well. For example in the prologue and BS chapters it uses SD's battle music.

I was kinda disappointed by the final map song. It's just someone mashing on an organ or something.

I haven't heard it yet, but any remixes of the original compositions I've heard so far in Shin have been disappointing so far. Now the original compositions are pretty good, but I can't emphasize enough how much "Victory is Ours!" is outdone by its SNES counterpart.

Try ripping the battle themes for Hardin and Medeus, since they're pretty good.

Also, so you can label it better, the Powerful Enemy track is for fights with Catarina, Roro, Kuraine and Eremiya.

EDIT: By Victory is Ours, do you mean the no enemies left map music, or the event music that plays once right near the end?

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Some of the remakes of the songs are fucking awesome. Like the hushed expectant parts. They nail the feeling that was sought after.

Some are as boring as the music's been for the past... four games.

It's surprisingly hard to listen to enemy map themes now, since they're turns are a lot quicker than before. Strategem, as it was called in FE7, is pretty weird now. Dragon's Altar is different too, but I'd say it's better.

New version of Off to War's nice sounding, but the old one's better. Overall the soundtrack seems pretty good, though I didn't play much of the original game.

It's surprisingly hard to listen to enemy map themes now, since they're turns are a lot quicker than before. Strategem, as it was called in FE7, is pretty weird now. Dragon's Altar is different too, but I'd say it's better.

These are the two I must hear!! I beg you, person posting music!

...You rock, guy posting music!

Man, the new power-boss theme sounds funky. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Loving the new player phase for when the main game starts off, and I don't mind the prologue one either.

Try ripping the battle themes for Hardin and Medeus, since they're pretty good.

Also, so you can label it better, the Powerful Enemy track is for fights with Catarina, Roro, Kuraine and Eremiya.

EDIT: By Victory is Ours, do you mean the no enemies left map music, or the event music that plays once right near the end?

I edited the description for Powerful Enemy. I'll try to play through to get to those tracks, but that won't be for a while.

And by "Victory is Ours" I'm pretty darn sure it's the map music that plays with no enemies left.

Edited by Kysafen

When you rip them, are you able to line them up to the track number in the soundroom? Or would you like me to do that?

I'm ripping them during gameplay. Don't you need a cleared save file to access the sound room? If so, then that's not for a WAYS off for me; if you feel like giving the track #s for the songs I upload, feel free to post them here or in the video comments. Thanks, it'd be a great help.

Edited by Kysafen

Prologue 1 is #9

Prologue 2 is #10

Prologue 3 is #11

Create a Character is #85

Powerful Enemy is #37 (take note how much map music there is because of this o:)

Misc. Pre-battle is #76

Victory is Ours is #14

Player Phase 1 is #5

If you're using a ROM you can also ask for one of our saves, those of us who've finished it.

Though, if the sound is the same as the last game, it should be pretty basic to just take it straight from the game... SaS of FEPlanet got around to doing it last time if memory serves.

^Unless you wait out the text, yeah. XP

If you don't mind, here's a couple questions for you: are you going to translate the songs based off of what they're called in the soundroom, or just call it whatever until a U.S. release comes out and it's translated? Also, were you ripping the music by recording it in-game or actual ripping from the game's data?

Sorry for meh curiosity about pointless details. ._. :P

I got the OST off the web and have found my overall impression a bit mixed.

Opinions of select remixed tracks (For sake of comprehension, I'll try to make cross-reference from SF's music list):

-Liberation (too slow for my liking; I would've imagined it a bit more driven to reflect the circumstances)

-Off to War (did they have to remove the timpanis?)

-both versions of Destiny (it doesn't help that I've been spoiled by the OVA's baroque-esque string arrangement)

+LoDD B (the added counterpoint really makes it shine)

+Expedition (really captures the sense of discovery and urgency; the extension doesn't hurt)

++For Whose Sake (my absolute favorite of the remixed tracks; outside of MIDI quality, you could listen to this while scouring Gestahl Castle and still be none the wiser)

Most everything else sounded as they should.

Edited by x14113

I'm finding somewhat time consuming to rename stuff, since not only is it completely out of order (IS' fault I think), there's multiple versions of half the music in the game. And I don't have any reference for naming the new songs either.

Seriously though, there's now four versions of Legend of the Dragon God.

There's also four sound effects that don't exist in the game.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr