"$#!%, why did I do that!" Awsome runs gone wrong.

Acedia

Y'know those times when you do something you never thought you'd be able to do, and then you totally own at it?

Got that feeling? Okay? Good? Now just completly crush that feeling with the bitter disapointment that some lovable character just died and they're not coming back unless you reset.

Also, it's entirely your fault and if you hadn't done some small, stupid move, it never would have happened.*cries*

So, have any stories where you had an awesome run, but then something compl~etly unrelated happened, and screwed it all up?

Post your stories here! ^ . ^

Edited by Acedia

Lets just say that not checking enemy range can make life grim for serenes.... "Wait where is this guy going, no, no, no don't go for Rafiel ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... He has 75 hit... come on rafiel you can dodge please don't make me lose my awesome lev- Rafiel sings, enemy throws weapon, I die a little bit inside.*"

oh wait this isn't general fire emblem :sweatdrop: hahaha.... *Runs out of here*

Edited by SlayerX

Lets just say that not checking enemy range can make life grim for serenes.... "Wait where is this guy going, no, no, no don't go for Rafiel ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... He has 75 hit... come on rafiel you can dodge please don't make me lose my awesome lev- Rafiel sings, enemy throws weapon, I die a little bit inside.*"

oh wait this isn't general fire emblem hahaha.... :sweatdrop:*Runs out of here*

This is actually supposed be in General FE, but my story came from Blazing Sword. (That and when 5am rolls around you don't pay much attention to things.)

So really, stories from any FE game are welcome.

I was doing chapter 16x(the one with Canas and at the dock) the enemies that are about 4 levels higher than my strongest unit, and have 3 killer weapons and some silver. The whole time people are telling you "you could never do this, run away you coward." So I just basically rush in there and spam Kent. Dramatic victory. Collect from villages and spam supports. All is well. Then I spot the Arena, greed closes in on me. Next, Sain or Guy usually dies. Then, finally, twenty turns of my life, *poof* gone.

Edited by Acedia

Ah, yes. Chapter 16x (or 17x if playing Hector Mode). Oswin needed healing, and I stupidly moved Serra in FRONT of Oswin rather than BEHIND him. Serra was in danger, and only Hector was available to help her. Then Hector got hit and killed by the Shaman with Nosferatu. The Shaman had slightly more than a 50% chance of hitting. If only Hector's Resistance was as good as his Defense..... Why was this an awesome run gone wrong? Because I had defeated all the other pirates except for Dart and Fargus.

Edited by Charpig

Ah, yes. Chapter 16x (or 17x if playing Hector Mode). Oswin needed healing, and I stupidly moved Serra in FRONT of Oswin rather than BEHIND him. Serra was in danger, and only Hector was available to help her. Then Hector got hit and killed by the Shaman with Nosferatu. The Shaman had slightly more than a 50% chance of hitting. If only Hector's Resistance was as good as his Defense..... Why was this an awesome run gone wrong? Because I had defeated all the other pirates except for Dart and Fargus.

What was your Serra's dodge and resistence? I sometimes panic and try to "save" someone who I really had no business saving. Alot of my people get killed that way. But then again I just got the game a few days ago so I haven't even gotten close to Hector mode.

But, I figured out it helps to know how to arena abuse before you attempt to. T.T But I always get like 3 stars on finance and I need some way to fix that.

Great Knight Playthrough on Ephraim Hard, Selena's chapter. If a stray Bolting doesn't kill someone the Pegs will take out Amelia, who has, like, six defence. Finally, I make it down to the south of the map with my main force of cavaliers. Kyle takes point to kill the GK with handaxe and Forde moves behind to provide support bonus-

I hit Rescue.

Aw, shite.

Forde bolts to the side of the river and someone else (Franz, I believe) takes the lead. Then I discover the GK has a handaxe. Forde gets doubled and is killed.

I wanted to cry.

EDIT: @Acedia; the funds rank is seriously broken. Money is worth half as much as a bunch of unused steel swords. Don't worry about ranks, Tactics and Combat are the only ones demonstrative of real skill.

Edited by Yossarian

Great Knight Playthrough on Ephraim Hard, Selena's chapter. If a stray Bolting doesn't kill someone the Pegs will take out Amelia, who has, like, six defence. Finally, I make it down to the south of the map with my main force of cavaliers. Kyle takes point to kill the GK with handaxe and Forde moves behind to provide support bonus-

I hit Rescue.

Aw, shite.

Forde bolts to the side of the river and someone else (Franz, I believe) takes the lead. Then I discover the GK has a handaxe. Forde gets doubled and is killed.

I wanted to cry.

Not exatly the same but, I totally get screwed on healing and shoving(fe9+10). Especially healing. Does it automatically select the least relavent person or does it just like messing with me.

So-and-so's on the front line -NEAR DEATH need I remind you- healer moves along all the while I'm freaking. "If I move him here-take that guy out- then-" *one hasty button push later* "NO! Nonononono- that guy had one health gone! It's like using an entire turn to heal a stubbed toe!" That usually ends my turn and Guy1's life, or my entire strategy forming a rescue party. Not fun.

EDIT: @Acedia; the funds rank is seriously broken. Money is worth half as much as a bunch of unused steel swords. Don't worry about ranks, Tactics and Combat are the only ones demonstrative of real skill.

Eh, really? Well that would've been handy to know 2 resets ago. T.T

My combat's 5, but. . . tactics y'say? *kicks my measly 3 stars under the rug*

In my defence I'm in it for the story. It's hard to help my rankings when I force part my troop to rot in the corner for 5+ extra turns, just to garner support.

Oh well, I've never been one for fast and/or effencient playthroughs. At all. EVER. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

And thus ends my derailing of my own thread.

Edited by Acedia

Eh, really? Well that would've been handy to know 2 resets ago. T.T

My combat's 5, but. . . tactics y'say? *kicks my measly 3 stars under the rug*

In my defence I'm in it for the story. It's hard to help my rankings when I force part my troop to rot in the corner for 5+ extra turns, just to garner support.

Fair enough. *coughs weakly, stepping on his 4-star HNM run*

*squint* Now i can't tell but your either subtly laughing at me or praising me. Probably the first one. Either way I'm playing Eliwood normal mode. I got- it easier/natually less standards than other people. And that 3 stars about to go way down now that I got both Raven and Lucius. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Also playing 16x again and Sain was next to Kent for a reason the first two times. dry.gif Otherwise 2 turns in he easily falls to both a Killer axe and a silver axe. T.T

I'm a writer. I can appreciate wanting storyline.

My own motives mostly involve hunting down and killing enemy soldiers :awesome:

Here's another one I only faintly remember. After about three tries, me and my slightly more inept mate FINALLY RECRUITED SHINON. We were happy about this, having adopted him as our mascot for random sarcasm, and loaded him with all our BEXP. We were set. So next chapter, we move in...

He gets Boltinged, and dies instantly.

I'm a writer. I can appreciate wanting storyline.

My own motives mostly involve hunting down and killing enemy soldiers :awesome:

Here's another one I only faintly remember. After about three tries, me and my slightly more inept mate FINALLY RECRUITED SHINON. We were happy about this, having adopted him as our mascot for random sarcasm, and loaded him with all our BEXP. We were set. So next chapter, we move in...

He gets Boltinged, and dies instantly.

I can appreciate that. My mother's a writer, and I read like a demon, actual writing? I don't have the patients for it. Wish I did 'cause that't a heck of a skill to have ^.^

I get to that part reasonably fast. After all it's alot easier to have touching heartfelt moments when pirates arn't breathing down your neck.

Provoke is both a blessing and a curse. I hear people talking bad about Rolf, but an A support with Shinnon is good for both of them. Both get a little avoid bonus and Rolf isn't the first one they notice. Besides it's cute. Grumpy old Shinnon? Ahh!Run away! -having a softspot for little kids? Adorable!gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I never got Gatrie back. First PT Astrid died. Twice. Before I could get over there. "You are in time out missy! Get in that corner until this is over." Thus no Gatrie. >.<

Edited by Acedia

What was your Serra's dodge and resistence? I sometimes panic and try to "save" someone who I really had no business saving. Alot of my people get killed that way. But then again I just got the game a few days ago so I haven't even gotten close to Hector mode.

But, I figured out it helps to know how to arena abuse before you attempt to. T.T But I always get like 3 stars on finance and I need some way to fix that.

I don't remember what Serra's stats were, but it wasn't the Shaman that was causing her trouble. She was in range of the archer with the Killer Bow, so I had to move Hector to kill him, and that put him in range of the Shaman. I did have some business saving Serra because she was my only good healer due to not using Priscilla.

About arena abusing, I have never done it, so I can't help you. With regards to the finance ranking, try getting the Silver Card and buying as many items as possible. The ranking is based on the total value of all the items you have, not just your raw gold. Since the Silver Card cuts prices in half, you are effectively doubling your "funds." The hints and tips section on this website explains it.

I don't remember what Serra's stats were, but it wasn't the Shaman that was causing her trouble. She was in range of the archer with the Killer Bow, so I had to move Hector to kill him, and that put him in range of the Shaman. I did have some business saving Serra because she was my only good healer due to not using Priscilla.

About arena abusing, I have never done it, so I can't help you. With regards to the finance ranking, try getting the Silver Card and buying as many items as possible. The ranking is based on the total value of all the items you have, not just your raw gold. Since the Silver Card cuts prices in half, you are effectively doubling your "funds." The hints and tips section on this website explains it.

Ah, I didn't know that the Killer bow was still there. So that makes more sense. I wasn't implying you had no business saving her. I'm just saying that's how most of mine go. XD

I'm one chapter before you can actually get the card now, so I should have just waited. Ah well I kind of given up on rankings for now. If I worry to much on my first PT it just kind of crumbles and gets forgotten. My PT is now unofficially support unlocker run.

• 2 weeks later...

On chapter 14 my units were doing awesome, then Rebecca, on of my stars got hit by an axe and died due to me not moving her. :(

I was doing some Trial Maps on FE9 a few days ago with Lonely Isle. Nephenee gets ambushed by a bunch of Dragon Knights and uses her Wrath skill to butcher one of them. Another one comes in and Nephenee died ;_;....

Why did this all happen? 2 Reasons.

1. Nephenee didn't have a support partner at the time so she suffered greatly. (Very limited supports in FE9)

2. I forgot to heal her all the way with Rhys so yeah... > . >.... 29/43 is a big difference...

It was my first playthrough on Ephraim's route in FE8, and I already had 3 times failed at the chapter with Vigarde (with "failed" I mean one of my units died).

I finally managed to beat all other enemies and get all the treasures and Rennac, the last hindrance was Vigarde.

He was pretty tough, so I had some units weaken him first: I sent Vanessa with an Armorslayer to him, but due to her... "strength", even the armorslayer didn't do much damage to him, yet it was still enough so that one of my mages could have killed him. So when Vanessa engages him, he only has 2% crit, and his hit was about 75%, so I told myself "Yeah, she can survive one hit of him, and then I can finally beat the crap outta him". She attacks, misses, and Vigarde lands a critical on her, Vanessa dies.

I was so pissed that I killed Vigarde and ended that chapter, I didn't want to play it a fifth time.

Since that time, I don't trust any enemy that has more than 0% crit.

Usually why I need to reset. One time I wasn't fully paying attention and put Marth in the range of two Swarm bishops. He got butchered horribly.

Another time was when I had Marcus charge in chapter 24 (Llyod version) with an iron axe equipped. I...never realized how many enemies there were armed with Silver Swords and Steel Blades. He was unlucky enough to get hit all the time by 67% Steel Blade myrms.

I needed to lie down for awhile.