2. 2. Magic Weapon

• Rexaura
    • Rexbolt
    • Rexflame
    • Rexcalibur
    • Balberith
    • Matrona
    • Ashera Staff

I'm gonna take a guess and say people are only voting Rexcalibur because Soren can use it, despite it being possibly the least useful SS tome. Here's why:

Rexbolt, obviously, slays the dragons. What else is needed? +3 skill practically ensures it will hit.

Rexflame, you have the most amount of units that can use it (Tormod, Calill, Sanaki) and one is forced to the final chapter. It also gives a highly useful +3 speed for low speed caps on sages.

Rexaura, it actually has the most users outside of just anima at 4, and one of the users is always forced (Micaiah). The defense +3 can easily save them from their usual low defense.

Balberith, hell, it can't even be used until the second playthrough. The +3 strength is totally worthless. It's strong, but it has to hit first, and Pelleas's skill isn't the greatest. Combined with it's crap 75 hit.....You get the picture.

Rexcalibur, well Bastian is pretty much crap, Soren is all that's left, but the tome itself is nothing special. Luck +3? The poll agrees luck is the most useless stat. No forced units can use it. No special effects.

Well, we didn't say Rexcalibur was our favorite because it was the best tome. We just think it's cool. At least I do....

Well it is an ice attack so it is "cool"

Alondite for its range and general badassness. I really like all the Anima Tomes bu I chose Rexcaliber because I like Wind magic the most. And it sounds like Excalibur.