Fayt's Playlog - H3 mode. (Another Playthrough, now with more difficulty!)

I'm pretty sure he doesn't double Navarre either.

I mean, he didn't double Navarre in H5, so I don't he how he could in H2.

But anyway, the standard method is park Ogma in front of him with Navarre's killing edge, heal if he actually gets hit, and if Ogma crits, finish off with someone else like Barst.

Ah, thanks.

He doubles Navarre on account of Navarre's being weighed down by a single point from his killing edge. Navarre has 11 Spd and the boss has 14.

Also adding Cain to the list of units, I think.

Edited by Cocytus

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right. I forgot I traded over an Iron Sword to Navarre before so he doesn't waste Killing Edge uses. My bad.

Cain is good, though he takes a lot longer to get a high lance rank due to lack of Javelin at the start.

Still a solid unit, though.

Oh right. I forgot I traded over an Iron Sword to Navarre before so he doesn't waste Killing Edge uses. My bad.

Cain is good, though he takes a lot longer to get a high lance rank due to lack of Javelin at the start.

Still a solid unit, though.

Yeah. That would explain it then.

Well, it's okay. I'm not so sure I want him to use lances given how many axe users there are here at this point in the game.

Also, the strategy worked. Ogma got a critical, and Navarre finished the job. Marth seizes on turn 12.

You'll want him to use lances later. Javelin is immensely useful come later when it's cavland.

Right now he could stick to swords. I heard he's actually pretty good as a SM, though I usually just stick to the Paladin/DK route for him.

You'll want him to use lances later. Javelin is immensely useful come later when it's cavland.

Right now he could stick to swords. I heard he's actually pretty good as a SM, though I usually just stick to the Paladin/DK route for him.

That's true.

Alright. Preparations. Forged Marth's rapier +4 might (to 9). (Caeda's spear has only 15 uses left, and I don't want to forge for so little.

Jeigan reclassed to Sniper. Should help him do what he's already doing (chip damage to weaken for other units). I do think that I'll go with Cain to Myrm for now. Other than that, I bought Caeda an iron lance, and there's not much else to say, I don't think.

Wolf. Everyone uses goddamn Sedgar. The emo lovechild of Justin Bieber and Chuck Norris demands use.

And not as a General either. Everyone uses goddamn General!PsychoGrowthUnitFromHell. Go Berserker, or Warrior or something.

If Sedgar's Luck growth didn't stink so much, I'd spam him. . .but I have other uses for my Goddess Icons, and I really hate raising a unit that has a chance of getting blicked by a certain cranky Earth Dragon. Thus, I tend to use Wolf (less chance of getting Luck screwed). Both of them are cute, though.

If you really want to pull your hair out, use the rest of the Wolfguard, and try to make Vyland useful (I have a theory that will make him usable, but first, he needs to cooperate).

Back on topic. . .if you can't avoid being doubled, ensure that you can survive it. I think Draug can absorb that, so park him in front of the boss, then heal as necessary.

Alright, I just finished chapter 4. Thankfully, lack of 2 range on the boss really made this fight pretty easy. Anyway, Ogma and Cain tanked the enemies on the top of the map, and Castor and Gordin helped pick them off. Jeigan (as a Sniper), Marth, and Caeda worked together to take out the cavaliers that attempted to charge my position. Lena did a good bit of healing as well.

Decided not to use the arena this chapter... The boss fell to Excalibur and Jeigan's bow. Nothing too hard apart from the cavaliers being pretty strong. :/

Boss Stats:

Benthon (H2 mode)
Class    Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res  Weapon Levels
Cavalier    05 26  09  00  06  09  00  09  00  C Sword, B Lance 

Decided not to use the arena this chapter... The boss fell to Excalibur and Jeigan's bow. Nothing too hard apart from the cavaliers being pretty strong. :/

Boss Stats:

Benthon (H2 mode)
Cavalier    05 26  09  00  06  09  00  09  00  C Sword, B Lance 

Benthon fails in general. He was easily killed in H5, the regular cavs are better than him.

And yes, that arena sucks, you cant buy heal staves if you run out, and running back and forth to forts/castle takes forever.

Benthon fails in general. He was easily killed in H5, the regular cavs are better than him.

Indeed they do.

Anyway, the boss fell to Caeda's Wing Spear. And in other news, I really need to start becoming less reliant on a weapon that only has 9 uses left. Really, I do.

Anyway, here are some stats for my units since people are interested.

Name    Class    Level EXP HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res  Weapon Levels
Marth   Lord        05  58 21  09  00  03  09  09  07  00  D swords
Caeda   Peg Kn.     07  35 19  06  01  10  18  12  07  06  C lances
Ogma    Merc.       07  54 25  09  00  13  12  04  07  00  C Swords
Lena    Cleric      05  78 16  00  03  07  09  09  03  08  C Staves
Merric  Mage        02  36 21  00  03  03  06  03  04  03  D Tomes

I'll get the boss stats in a minute.

And here they are

Merach (H2 Mode)
Knight      05 27  09  00  05  06  00  13  00  B Lances

Edited by Cocytus

At least you get to buy more though. I think the Caesar/Radd chapter has one. And another Rapier as well.

What Ogma still has 12 SPD... this is blasphemy. Good to see he got some STR and DEF there. Especially DEF, since his growths are not exactly that great in that area.

What Ogma still has 12 SPD... this is blasphemy. Good to see he got some STR and DEF there. Especially DEF, since his growths are not exactly that great in that area.

Well, he hasn't gained but a few levels. Looking at his growths though, they're only 30% in SPD... So, it's understandable (he's staying as a Merc).

Also, I've decided to go with Wolf and use him as a hero for the time being. In addition, Barst has high Str/Spd, and I will go ahead and continue to train him. Chapter 6 has had some unfortunate events requiring me to replay the chapter a few times, but I think I've got it down. However, I can't seem to get the killing edge before the thief takes it. So be it; it's not that big of a deal.

Well, he hasn't gained but a few levels. Looking at his growths though, they're only 30% in SPD... So, it's understandable (he's staying as a Merc).

Also, I've decided to go with Wolf and use him as a hero for the time being. In addition, Barst has high Str/Spd, and I will go ahead and continue to train him. Chapter 6 has had some unfortunate events requiring me to replay the chapter a few times, but I think I've got it down. However, I can't seem to get the killing edge before the thief takes it. So be it; it's not that big of a deal.

If you are having trouble getting the kill sword thief, I recommend having Lena warping someone durable(I used Shiida) into the northeastern portion of the map. Though usually, I was able to get Cain or Abel to kill that thief without the use of warp. It however involves killing the two cavs ASAP; luckily, Knight Killers make short work of them(as a side note, my Lv10/0 Draug only took 4/26 damage from the silver lance guy thanks to his 18 def; IIRC, that guy has 22 atk).

As for Ogma's growth rates, he really only has good growths in HP, skill, and strength. His base speed growth is the same as Roger's, except that merc gives +20 spd growth instead of +0(knight), and Roger's speed was already pretty bad(5 base with a 10 growth is beyond saving). As a side note, Dieck of FE6 and Gerik of FE8 both have a 30% gtrowth in speed, but are regarded as one of the best units in their respective games.

Edited by DA125

If you are having trouble getting the kill sword thief, I recommend having Lena warping someone durable(I used Shiida) into the northeastern portion of the map. Though usually, I was able to get Cain or Abel to kill that thief without the use of warp. It however involves killing the two cavs ASAP; luckily, Knight Killers make short work of them(as a side note, my Lv10/0 Draug only took 4/26 damage from the silver lance guy thanks to his 18 def; IIRC, that guy has 22 atk).

Don't you mean the ridersbane? Any C-rank lamce unit should OHKO the silver-lance cav. The Iron cav sucks anyway, no use worrying about him.

Don't you mean the ridersbane? Any C-rank lamce unit should OHKO the silver-lance cav. The Iron cav sucks anyway, no use worrying about him.

Meh. That one weapon isn't that big of a deal, and I really don't want to use warp staves if I can help it. I'm trying to avoid it, at least. :) I've moved on, almost about ready to kill the boss and finish the map.

Boss Stats:

Emereus (H2 Mode)
Class  Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res  Weapon Ranks
General   01  34  11   01   02   05   00   14   03   A lances, C bows

EDIT: Even with dynamic growths and a 40% growth rate, Marth hasn't pulled a single point of skill in 6 levels. Still at 3. :lol:

Edited by Cocytus

Meh. That one weapon isn't that big of a deal, and I really don't want to use warp staves if I can help it. I'm trying to avoid it, at least. :) I've moved on, almost about ready to kill the boss and finish the map.

Boss Stats:

Emereus (H2 Mode)
General   01  34  11   01   02   05   00   14   03   A lances, C bows

This game seriously lack Resistance. Just use Merric and Lena to pwn the game while your others train.

Dont actually though. Magic users lack defence, but as a back unit, like an archer they'd be useful.

Edited by Darros

This game seriously lack Resistance. Just use Merric and Lena to pwn the game while your others train.

Dont actually though. Magic users lack defence, but as a back unit, like an archer they'd be useful.

Everyone lacks resistance in this game. But seriously, that's to be expected when everyone has literally 2% resistance growths (if not 0...)

Continuing the 'I have 0% resistance growth' theme in this game, it's boss time for chapter 7. As for overall strategy, Sniper Jeigan knocks Minerva to 1 HP, and another unit (Ogma, I think) finishes her, thus getting her and the Pegasus Sisters out of the fight. Then, it was just a matter of killing the other few pegasus knights and the dragon knight.

Also, I learned to hate how the reinforcements show up at the beginning of enemy phase, able to move that turn. Not fun at all. Died a few times to them.

Also learned that Bantu is a failure dragon. And his growths don't help either.

Boss Stats:

Harmein (H2 Mode)
General   03  37  12   01   03   06   00   15   03   A lances, C bows

Edited by Cocytus

Also learned that Bantu is a failure dragon. And his growths don't help either.

He made fail tier on NM. And Dragons are horrible in this game. Tiki comes too late, Bantu FAILS IN GENERAL, and Nagi requires you to not get Falchion, and lose the only Swarm tome.

He made fail tier on NM. And Dragons are horrible in this game. Tiki comes too late, Bantu FAILS IN GENERAL, and Nagi requires you to not get Falchion, and lose the only Swarm tome.

:lol:

Anyway, I'm prepared to lose the Swarm tome and Gotoh to get Nagi and go to 24x. I'll be using the 'give Tiki Falchion and get her killed, then bring her back with Aum' trick to do that.

On mine I'm definately getting Falchion, seeing on how I want Merric/Cord/Lena to have Starlight.

On topic so I dont get more warn...

You made Jagen a Spiner?

On mine I'm definately getting Falchion, seeing on how I want Merric/Cord/Lena to have Starlight.

On topic so I dont get more warn...

You made Jagen a Spiner?

I'll probably have Lena fight Gharnef since she gets so much resistance. Or have Merric and Lena tag-team him and trade Starlight around.

Well, I guess... I made him a Sniper, not a spiner. It really help since he can weaken stuff from a distance without me having to worry about his horrid durability. Plus, he can use steel bows right away, so he does decent damage without too much risk.

Alright. Just finishing up chapter 8 with only a few problems. Marth and Caeda (peg. knight, probably going to reclass soon for Str/Def) rushed toward the boss to kill him quickly, making sure to only trigger the reinforcements after getting them both to position (in other words, not triggering them at all since they stop coming after the boss is defeated). Mercenary Ogma and Hero Wolf continue to be the workhorses here. SM's Cain and Navarre also are doing well, and Mage Merric and Cleric Lena are doing decently as well.

Since I've still got access to the chapter, I'll get the boss stats from the map save: Let's see. They are:

Kannival(H2 Mode)
Knight    10  33  11   00   07   08   00   15   00   A lances

On to chapter 9!

Anyway, I used a couple of warp staff uses here. Moved Barst to the village to keep the thief from razing it, and moved Cain to block the thief out to take the Wyrmslayer. (Not skipping the map - I did effectively rout the map.)

Used my thieves as well here to help open the doors and get the treasure in this map. That 15000 gold piece is looking very nice, since I've been not using the arenas much and using lots of money on weapon forges (A Rapier, a Wing Spear, and an Armorslayer).

Also, the boss is kind of a jerk, being a Manakete and all. If all else fails, I can just wear out the firestone, and I fear that may be how I take him out.

Boss Stats (While I'm on the subject):

Mannu (H2 Mode)
Class  Level  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def  Res  Weapon Ranks
Manakete  03  29  05  00  05  07  00  02  01   Firestone
F. Dragon 03  29  13  00  09  11  00  11  05

Chapter 10. Yuck. That huge mass of reinforcements was a real pain to deal with. It took a lot of tries to get it right.... :(

Boss Stats:

Zharov (H2 Mode)
Class  Level  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def  Res  Weapon Ranks
General   03  36  12  01  04  06  00  15   03   C lances, C bows

Edited by Cocytus

I've seen too many interesting playlogs fall to the poster thinking nobody cares about it. So, I'm casually following this. And it's well written.

...And Kannival is a good name.