Fayt's Playlog - H3 mode. (Another Playthrough, now with more difficulty!)

Well, it looks like he could promote pretty soon. :3

I didn't remember reading that you sent him. But if he's there... probably off having spars with my SM army or something again. Silly Navarre.

Horace is from 12x. 8D

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like he could promote pretty soon. :3

Barst, Caeda and Ogma are all around level 14-15.

When should they promote? I know I should wait until 20, but since they're not getting to 20/20 anyway, should they promote early and take their promotion gains now, or wait until level 20 and do it then?

Caeda should take the earlypromote first for a delicious +5 DEF.

I plan on promoting her than immediately reclassing her to Paladin like I usually do. I like the fact that she'll have a 25 speed cap, as well as that +5 strength growth. :)

Plus, she still gets to keep (an inferior) 10 move and loses her bow weakness in the process.

Also, I changed Barst back to a fighter so his Str growth would rise again. But personally, I don't see a good reason not to make him a hero once he gets some solid STR on him. Heroes have ridiculous skill and speed while still having good strength. :awesome:

If you decide to feed Etzel to some random boss, send him my way. He hit god tier in my last game, and I'd like to thank him personally. Oh, and send Tomas too, because I'd like to see if there's a personality under that hair of his.

However, the portraits of massive armour on burly strong dudes clash really badly with the image of canny trappers and skirmishers...

Neither does the image of a couple of skirmishers in heavy armor, but I don't see anyone complaining. :D I just finished a playtest of Roger the Horseman, and I really liked the result. I hope you didn't feed him to anyone.

Dolph was doing so good as a Hero that I didn't get to test him with a bow.

I await the write-ups of the next few chapters. Hope you have a solution to the next chapter's boss!

Edited by eclipse

Neither does the image of a couple of skirmishers in heavy armor, but I don't see anyone complaining.

Well, apart from Castor (who looks kinda armoured anyway) and...Cavalier!Navarre, I guess, can't really think of anything as jarring as Light Infantry!Dolph. Not even Bish!Minerva.

Well, apart from Castor (who looks kinda armoured anyway) and...Cavalier!Navarre, I guess, can't really think of anything as jarring as Light Infantry!Dolph. Not even Bish!Minerva.

If you want jarring, try Sage!Jagen, Paladin!Maria, or Warrior!Etzel.

TC: Don't do these in your playthrough. Please.

Paladin!Maria

I always confuse Maria and Midia, so I kinda cocked my head and looked at this one oddly, in bemusement.

But none of these come CLOSE to Hunter Draug. I'm sorry, they just don't.

EDIT: Or Fighter!Draug, or Pirate, or Dark Mage...

EDIT: Or Merc!Draug, which had escaped my mind temporarily. In fact, Castor is like the only Class B who looks vaguely comfortable in every class! Except Dark Mage, but...yeah.

Edited by Agent Dale Cooper

I always confuse Maria and Midia, so I kinda cocked my head and looked at this one oddly, in bemusement.

But none of these come CLOSE to Hunter Draug. I'm sorry, they just don't.

EDIT: Or Fighter!Draug, or Pirate, or Dark Mage...

EDIT: Or Merc!Draug, which had escaped my mind temporarily. In fact, Castor is like the only Class B who looks vaguely comfortable in every class! Except Dark Mage, but...yeah.

I don't know, that purple spiky armor and those bishop robes really clash!

Also, what about Caesar?

Actually, that's true. Caesar is like Castor except trades looking cool as an Armour for looking badass as a Dark Mage. Caesar is just such a Cool Guy in general~

But, yeah! Right! Onwards! And, make Wolf a Berserker!

I prefer Beck as my ballastician, so Jake will probably be sacrifice fodder. :(

Unless you're on NM, you should always use both ballisticians. You can combine for KOs on weak enemies like Fortify priests who would make your life much harder if left alive.

Unless you're on NM, you should always use both ballisticians. You can combine for KOs on weak enemies like Fortify priests who would make your life much harder if left alive.

Actually, in H2, Beck can one-shot the two priests in the final chapter with an unforged Pachyderm. Of course, he was level 28 at the time, but he can do it.

Also, forging the Thunderbolt for the final chapter is a really good idea in the grand scheme of things, so you can 1 shot the enemy ballasticians. I advise it if you're using a ballastician on your team.

Ogma's SPD growth isn't exactly wonderful, though, until you get to FE12.

Unfortunately he's not as good in FE12 Lunatic. He struggles to double just on his earlier chapters, sure he can get a couple of kills but he won't be able to keep up in levels unless you try really hard to feed him.

Barst, Caeda and Ogma are all around level 14-15.

When should they promote? I know I should wait until 20, but since they're not getting to 20/20 anyway, should they promote early and take their promotion gains now, or wait until level 20 and do it then?

You should promote them now, the 14-17 range is usually a perfect time to promote and sometimes you can even do it earlier with some units, I think 20 is way too late.

Actually, Cavalier!Navarre looks pretty fine to me. And some of the armored dudes can actually pull off the whole Mercenary thing. I think Merc!Draug looks right.

Unfortunately he's not as good in FE12 Lunatic. He struggles to double just on his earlier chapters, sure he can get a couple of kills but he won't be able to keep up in levels unless you try really hard to feed him.

So I've heard.

However, since I'm a pretty big fan of Horseman!Ogma, reclassing him to Hunter won't hurt, and it even gives +5 to his SPD growths as a Merc.

Awesome.

His bases may go down, but the growths will bring it back up again.

Plus, I'm his fangirl. He has a permanent position in my team along with Abel and Navarre.

Cav!Navarre is pretty good, though. It doesn't hurt his SPD growths that much and he'll get better STR and DEF from it.

Although, I admit, getting his lance rank up to D for Javelins was a pain in the ass.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well, chapter 12 has come and gone. All the new characters got sacrificed to the Silver Bow Sniper, who was only too happy to make of with them But, to go to 12x, this is a necessary sacrifice.

I'll post my stats now as of starting 12x:

Name    Class    Level EXP   HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res  Weapon Levels
Marth   Lord        11  60   25  09  00  06  14  14  09  00  C Swords
Caeda   Peg Kn.     16  32   22  10* 01  18  20  20  10  06  B Lances
Ogma    Merc.       15  56   32  09  00  17  15  10  08  00  A Swords
Lena    Cleric      17  04   21  00  06  12  10  16  03  17  B Staves
Merric  Curate      12  44   26  00  07  09  11  05  07  09  C Staves
Barst   Fighter     14  43   31  13  00  11  13  12  08  00  D Axes (was a merc for awhile)
Wolf    General     12  34   47  17  00  12  09  09  23  01  C Lances, C Bows
Sedgar  General     08  63   42  15  01  10  06  06  23  02  C Lances, C Bows
Minerva Dracoknight 01  62   24  09  00  06  12  06  12  03  D Lances, A Axes
Linde   Mage        01  94   18  00  02  04  07  07  03  04  D Tomes

* Denotes a statbooster was used.

I also have Jake, Bantu, and Julian. Jake's just there until I get Beck, Bantu's only alive to recruit Tiki, and Julian exists for treasure chest duty. Stats here are irrelevant.

Edited by Cocytus

You sacrificed ATHENA and kept Bantu? Shaaaame

W/e, I never really use Tiki, but its your PT. Shes like 5x harder to train than Est. Est gets triattack+ridersbane use+arena if necessary! But like I said, your PT.

W/e, I never really use Tiki, but its your PT. Shes like 5x harder to train than Est. Est gets triattack+ridersbane use+arena if necessary! But like I said, your PT.

Not really. I'm using Lena, which means constantly repairing the Divinestone. It's really pretty easy when it's all said and done to train her. Just saying.

Boss died cleanly to the Wing Spear. Visited both villages. Killed the Manakete with Wolf and finished him with Marth (with a Wyrmslayer). Killed him with exact damage, as it turns out. About ready to start promoting my characters.

Chapter 13 is quite easy when all the attacks from the ballasticians simply bounce right off Wolf and Sedgar's 23 defense. About the only thing that could hurt them was the thunderbolt ballastician, and that was only for 8-9 points. Pretty easy this time around. :)

Edited by Cocytus