RD HM 0% growths video playthrough

No, I'd credit Sothe with that, but Tormod was definitely helpful. Diverting the 2 mages from Sothe significantly reduced his chance of death.

Really, due to the nature of the map, everyone was helpful in their own way. I'd say the least helpful was Volug, who probably got the most kills on the map. This was basically his training ground.

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2-P:

Notes:

Even though the map objective is survive 8 turns, the game will count it as 9 turns due to turn 8 ending completely (i.e. the complete enemy phase is played out). This is as opposed to chapter 1-5, which is defend 6 turns and actually is counted as 6 turns, because turn 6 never completely ends - you'll notice that there is no turn 6 other phase - or as opposed to, for example, chapter 1-8, which is rout enemy and was completed on turn 4 enemy phase and is also counted as 4 turns, due to the chapter ending ON turn 4 enemy phase, not AFTER.

Some people would advise getting Leanne captured to ease completion of the chapter, but I believe that is a strictly inferior strategy because Marcia and Nealuchi can double enemy DKs whether they are carrying someone else or not. You'll end up losing about half of your player phase if Leanne gets captured. I rout the map, concentrating EXP on Marcia, so that I will have an easier time getting her to --/10 for a Master Crown.

It's really a shame that Nealuchi only has a (relatively rare) Laguz Stone to help keep his gauge up. With the 11 starting enemies on the map and Nealuchi 3-4HKOing all of them, Nealuchi can easily get up to 50 strike WEXP in this map alone. But, I need those Laguz Stones for other laguz on other maps, so he's shit out of luck.

Turns: 9

Chapter 2-1:

Notes:

1:02: Brom only moves down 1 tile here so that he can completely block the gap on the next turn. This is the only way that he can create a movement advantage against his ranged pursuants.

2:59: This has to be probably the only circumstance in an FE game where poison and Antitoxin have strategic significance. Neph's max Wrath HP is 9, so she has to have between 19 and 27 HP for Yeardley to trigger Wrath. Poison can do up to 3 HP damage, which shrinks the already small HP window.

3:20: KOing Yeardley is the most RNG reliant segment of the chapter. Neph must first be hit into Wrath range (i.e. Yeardley must not miss), then she has 2 attacks, both of which must hit and one of which must proc a Wrath crit. That's still 2 HP short of a KO, so Brom has to chip in with an attack. The calculations are a bit tedious if I wanted to take into account all possibilities for KOing Yeardley, but assuming that Yeardley and Brom both don't miss their attacks, Neph has a 69.0% chance of hitting Yeardley twice and Wrath critting once.

If you want to do the calcs yourself, Yeardley has 77 hit (89.7 true) on his first attack and 82 hit (93.7 true) on his potential second attack. Neph has 69 hit (81.1 true) on her first attack, 64 hit (74.4 true) on her second attack, 7 crit without Wrath, and 57 crit with Wrath. Brom has 86 hit (96.2 true) on his only attack. The 2 likely possible scenarios are:

- EP 7, Yeardley hits, Neph has Wrath activated on counter

- PP 8, Brom hits

- PP 8, Neph has Wrath activated

- EP 7, Yeardley misses, Neph hits

- PP 8, Brom hits

- EP 8, Yeardley hits, Neph has Wrath activated on counter

Neph must crit once.

Turns: 8

Edited by dondon151

No, I'd credit Sothe with that, but Tormod was definitely helpful. Diverting the 2 mages from Sothe significantly reduced his chance of death.

Really, due to the nature of the map, everyone was helpful in their own way. I'd say the least helpful was Volug, who probably got the most kills on the map. This was basically his training ground.

Two mages and that bandit oh my Volug least useful? He got more action than Nolan or Aran, but it makes sense since their shoving changed things drastically. Thats why shoving should be credited imo ;) .

Oh and I can't wait for part 3, you said you had something to show me and it was about Rhys I just forgot what it was about completely.

You're probably not using Astrid for 2-3 are you?'

I'm impressed no speedwing transfer from Ilyana.

Also howcome you didn't have Zihark fight that knight on the top of the right stairs? Just wondering because he could of gained some CEXP on those unused turns.

I just feel like you could do some things to have more characters gain experience.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Two mages and that bandit oh my Volug least useful? He got more action than Nolan or Aran, but it makes sense since their shoving changed things drastically. Thats why shoving should be credited imo ;) .

Well, it's more like Nailah could have solo'd the entire left side all by herself. Volug can move through the reeds to the top group of enemies on turn 1, but he only gets like 2 WEXP that way. I also disagree with crediting shoving unless it specifically applies to a strategy; for example, here you need 2 shoves on Zihark for the strategy to work (which is only possible with Nolan and Aran if Sothe needs to advance).

You're probably not using Astrid for 2-3 are you?'

Why wouldn't I? Astrid is an extra body to rescue + drop Danved with, plus an extra 6-11 HP chip damage when needed.

I'm impressed no speedwing transfer from Ilyana.

Volug wants the Speedwings so he can double Ike in 3-13. Also, the GMs don't benefit nearly as much from the Speedwings as they would normally. Haar and Titania still need a spd proc or 2 to double, so Ike is the only recipient.

Also howcome you didn't have Zihark fight that knight on the top of the right stairs? Just wondering because he could of gained some CEXP on those unused turns.

Well, aside from what Int said, it also would have pushed the video beyond 11 minutes (although I think YouTube accepts videos up to 15 minutes now?).

Chapter 2-2:

Notes:

1:12: Nealuchi is as blind as a bat in fog of war when transformed (yes, do not remind me of how that analogy falls apart), yet IS deemed it fit for him to be able to attack and dodge enemy attacks. Great thinking there.

1:23: Like in 1-8, I use the standard version of the "no damage trick" here to bring Lethe's gauge to full.

1:40: Lucia scouts for the ORKO. Occasionally she'll do 16 x2 to that soldier's 33 HP, but most of the time she'll do 16 x2 to 32 HP or 17 x2 to 33 HP. If she doesn't ORKO, I have to restart.

Turns: 4

Chapter 2-3:

Expenditures:

Start out with 20000G.

1x Horseslayer (1300G)

1x Hammer (800G)

1x Steel Blade (1400G)

1x Iron Greatlance (640G)

1x Stl Greatlance (1120G)

2x Javelin (1200G)

13540G remaining

Transfers:

Hammer (convoy)

Brave Lance (convoy)

Horseslayer (Marcia)

Speedwings (Marcia)

Notes:

0:19: Marcia needs to make it to that tile such that she can fly over the forest on turn 2 and avoid the bow paladin on turn 3 (if he still lives).

0:30: Some players advise to not deploy Astrid in this map, presumably because it's too difficult to prevent her from dying. I don't see why you wouldn't want her in this map, because Makalov cannot rescue + drop Danved all by himself, and his damage is unimpressive without Astrid supplementing it.

2:26: By the way, Kieran must use all of his move on every turn, or he won't be able to OHKO the door on turn 4.

2:38: Geoffrey stops on the Arms Scroll tile. At best biorhythm, he has a 43% chance to find it - I don't find it here, and although an extra 4000G is useful, I didn't feel like restarting to find it.

4:39: Marcia assassinates the Horseslayer lance paladin. This guy leaves Geoffrey with 1 HP if hit from full HP. Meanwhile, Marcia is endangered by the Bowgun warriors, but they are easily finished off.

5:18: One merit of Danved's 21 AS is that he doubles this annoying bow paladin. Danved has a 56.4% chance to ORKO (must crit once); the ORKO is guaranteed with the Brave Lance (which Geoffrey can just trade back). It's not necessary to ORKO, though, but this guy will retreat right in front of the door, so he has to be eliminated anyway.

5:26: According to nflchamp, stopping at or past the tile to the right of that center armor will trigger the Speedwings halberdier to move.

7:30: Generally, these axe knights have 14 AS, which is doubled by Makalov's 18 base AS. For some reason, this guy had 15 AS.

8:21: Geoffrey can survive a crit from Tashoria, but not 2 (unless Tashoria misses his third attack).

9:46: The Brave Lance needs to be in the hands of Haar in the next map, so the easiest way to get it to him is to stock up Geoffrey's inventory beforehand and send the Brave Lance back to the convoy when Tashoria drops is Wo Dao.

9:51: I don't know if these snipers are stupid or simply incapable of attacking Geoffrey, but here you go.

10:43: According to the BEXP summary, I left 38 enemy units alive.

Turns: 5

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 2-E:

Expenditures:

1x Recover (2250G)

1x Steel Poleaxe (700G)

1x Wind Edge (700G)

9890G remaining

Transfers:

Talisman (Neph)

Ashera Icon (Neph)

Elixir (Neph)

Speedwings (Heather)

Horseslayer (Heather)

Dracoshield (Heather)

Hammer (Haar)

Brave Lance (Haar)

Energy Drop (Haar)

Recover (Brom)

Physic (Brom)

Spectre Card (Brom)

2x Laguz Stone (Lethe)

Notes:

0:20: Haar OHKOs the broken wall so that ally units will descend on ally phase and distract the enemies. (Yes, you can activate Cancel on stationary objects.)

0:57: Neph occupies the top chokepoint to protect Leanne.

2:52: Brom needs to block the lower chokepoint to protect Leanne.

6:26: If you're wondering by now why I wasted 2 uses of Olivi Grass on Nealuchi, it's because occasionally an enemy will block Calill from using Meteor on Ludveck, and Nealuchi reliably KOs any weakened enemy.

Turns: 3

They can both use it. With the hammerne, you can get 9 uses out of the rescue staff, and sometimes it is useful to use it twice on the same turn through trade + use.

My family got a new ISP, and the upload speed sucks.

Chapter 3-P (1):

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Adept (Soren)

- Provoke (Shinon)

Assigned:

- Adept (Mia)

- Provoke (Ike)

Notes:

0:12: Rolf moves to this thicket spot to reveal enemies. He has the weakest chip damage on the team.

0:47: Boyd can KO the halberdier with a Hand Axe, so the crit wasn't necessary.

2:30: Rolf goes on Killer Ballista duty, targeting the Elfire mages, not only because of the chance for an OHKO, but also because it puts them within OHKO range of the laguz.

3:45: Ike shoves Shinon once so that he can reach an enemy halberdier on the next player phase.

4:56: I should point out that Ike's offense against generals on this map is excellent. Some of them have 18 AS, which Titania doesn't double.

6:55: The other laguz units getting crit is troublesome in this chapter, not only because I lose 100 BEXP for each other unit killed, but also because getting killed on enemy phase and not countering significantly hampers progress. Tigers, especially, 2HKO enemy halberdiers, and if they (the halberdiers) are still alive on the subsequent other phase, Skrimir would target them instead of moving forward.

Chapter 3-P (2):

Notes:

0:49: Just a note - of those 3 Elfire sages in that portion of the map, only the bottom one moves; the other two are stationary. I take a long time planning out my moves because that sniper will move, although in this situation he would likely target the weakened laguz instead, but I was being cautious just in case.

2:42: That warrior would only do 12 HP damage to Titania, so she's safe.

8:07: Like a dumbass, that tiger blocks the 1 range attack tile to Silvano. Luckily, Titania and Oscar can both attack ranged and canto away, and Shinon's 2 range is very good.

Turns: 7

Chapter 3-1:

Bonus EXP:

Titania from 16.56 to 16.99

1950 BEXP remaining

Notes:

0:28: I check the stats on this halberdier. Specifically, if he has 17 def, then Ike can ORKO when the halberdier is in a thicket. In this case, he can't, so I have to plan on Rolf doing some chip damage first.

2:22: Shinon must ORKO this Steel Longbow sniper. He has to crit on 1 of his 2 attacks at 40 crit, for a 64% chance of success.

2:29: Mia must land the equivalent of at least 4 attacks on this warrior, i.e. at least 2 Adepts (with any number of crits) or 1 crit (with any number of Adepts). Mia has 29 crit and 28% Adept activation, for a cumulative 59.4% chance of success. Landing the equivalent of 4 hits would allow Mist to grab the KO.

2:54: Targeting that tile will allow both Lethe and Lyre to be out of range of the enemy generals that Gatrie is occupied with.

5:16: I was incredibly stupid here and made a costly positioning mistake with Mist. She is in range of an enemy general, and I had to block her off with Boyd. This action probably cost me the 5 turn clear, as Boyd would have been able to sponge a hit from a Horseslayer general and an Elfire mage and counter the former for some damage.

6:42: Titania refrains from attacking because it will cause the halberdier to use a Vulnerary on enemy phase.

9:55: I set the ally AI to roam because Lethe and Lyre will need to finish some KOs that Ike, Shinon, Rolf, and Gatrie can't get.

12:18: That sniper is the last enemy left on the map, with 6 HP. I couldn't risk leaving the Horseslayer general alive for an enemy phase counter because he OHKOs Titania and Oscar. Additionally, I should have sent Mist around to get the Angelic Robe instead of having her make a futile potshot at the sniper.

All in all, an attempt riddled with mistakes and a poorly executed strategy, but I'm glad I got it done.

Turns: 6

Chapter 3-2:

Expenditures:

Start out with 5000G.

Sold 2x Blue Gem for 10000G.

Sold 2x Ashera Icon for 8000G.

+5 MT, +10 hit Steel Axe (2176G)

+5 MT, +10 hit Steel Lance (3264G)

+5 MT, +5 hit, +15 crit Steel Bow (5880G)

+5 MT, +5 hit, +15 crit Steel Sword (4480G)

2x Steel Blade (1400G)

2x Wind Edge (700G)

1x Stl Greatlance (560G)

2x Javelin (600G)

2x Steel Poleaxe (700G)

3x Hand Axe (936G)

1x Wyrmslayer (1800G)

Sold Silver Card for 2000G.

2504G remaining

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Celerity (Ilyana)

Assigned:

- Celerity (Haar)

- Adept (Shinon)

- Paragon (Titania)

Bonus EXP:

Titania from 17.24 to 17.99

677 BEXP remaining

Notes:

2:15: Haar drops Shinon at the very edge of Istvan's range. Shinon has equipped the Steel Bow forge listed above. Shinon must land the equivalent of 4 attacks on Istvan. He has 33 crit and 34% Adept activation, for a cumulative 67.0% chance of success.

Turns: 2

Chapter 3-3:

Stat boosters:

Speedwings (Ike)

Supports:

C (Oscar, Titania)

C (Mist, Boyd)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Provoke (Ike)

- Pass (Heather)

Assigned:

- Provoke (Gatrie)

- Resolve (Gatrie)

- Pass (Oscar)

Bonus EXP:

Titania from 18.33 to 18.99

44 BEXP remaining

Notes:

1:20: This, despite all appearances, is a completely safe tile for Haar. The halberdier and general that threaten him actually don't move until a units enters the fenced area on the right that contains an Elthunder sage and a stack of supplies.

1:56: Ike needs to advance in order to enter combat on the next player phase.

3:16: The sniper has 71 hit and 36 crit. The Elfire sage has 61 hit, the Storm Sword general has 34 hit (Gatrie is now under Resolve), and the Steel Blade general has 38 hit. The sniper must crit and the sage must hit, and either general needs to hit to KO Gatrie. Gatrie's chance of death here is 9.6%.

6:09: Gatrie just can't catch a break.

7:05: The Physic here wasn't exactly necessary, but depending on how many times Oscar would have been hit previously, it could have been a lifesaver.

8:32: Fortunately, Gatrie in Resolve range doubles this halberdier, and Gatrie gets and extra 18 hit and 20 avo. This was a risky move, as being hit by the Elfire mage meant that Gatrie was as good as toast (any of the halberdier, sniper, or SM could have KO'd), but I wasn't counting on Gatrie getting crit twice in the first place.

9:58: I knew I forgot to do something. Rolf forgets to get Blossom from the left tent, which would have been good for a free 1500G. Rhys could have burned the supplies instead. Or, I could have switched it up. Either way, I totally forgot that you could visit that tent. I was kind of apprehensive on this last turn because I couldn't remember all that I wanted to do before finishing the chapter, and I couldn't remember how many supplies were yet to be burnt.

Turns: 5

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 3-4:

Expenditures:

Sold White Gem for 10000G.

Sold Blue Gem for 5000G.

2x Olivi Grass (3200G)

14304G remaining

Promotion items:

Master Crown (Haar)

Supports:

C (Shinon, Mia)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Savior (Ilyana)

- Adept (Shinon)

- Pass (Oscar)

- Resolve (Gatrie)

Assigned:

- Savior (Haar)

- Adept (Ranulf)

- Pass (Ranulf)

- Resolve (Ike)

Bonus EXP:

Titania from 19.37 to 19.99

676 BEXP remaining

Notes:

0:34: Even if Ranulf didn't proc Adept and ORKO the warrior, he would have been boxed in by Ranulf, Titania, and Oscar, which means Rhys is safe when using his full move.

1:39: The cat is not supposed to be 2RKOing the SM.

2:27: The consequence of the above action is that the tiger will occupy this tile. Now, Rhys needs 4 shoves to reach that space, which allows him to Physic Haar on turn 3. Because Rhys can no longer reach that tile, he requires Oscar and Titania to rescue + drop him to an equivalent tile.

2:38: Another consequence is that Ranulf must proc Adept and ORKO this halberdier, otherwise Rhys has no chance of surviving on enemy phase. Ranulf has 35% Adept, for a 57.8% chance of success.

4:35: This drop configuration is the only one that I found that wouldn't result in both Haar and Ike dying. Haar still has enough HP to survive enemy phase (he needs 36 HP to survive the warrior and SM), but otherwise Rhys needs to Physic him.

8:59: I forgot to use Physic on Haar before he moves, which would have significantly reduced his chance of death. He would have had to be hit by both Elfire sages, crit by Callum, and hit once by the Short Spear general in order to die. The chances for this all to happen is 3.9%, assuming that Haar ORKOs the Short Spear general with either Stun or hits both times for a chance at Cancel on the first attack.

10:29: The Elfire sage only does 15 HP damage to Haar, so Haar would have been safe had he hit, as long as Callum didn't crit.

Turns: 6

Chapter 3-5:

Supports:

C (Haar, Ike)

B (Oscar, Titania)

B (Mist, Boyd)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Paragon (Titania)

- Provoke (Gatrie)

Assigned:

- Paragon (Oscar)

Bonus EXP:

Ranulf from 26.13 to 26.99

395 BEXP remaining

Notes:

1:02: I had planned to let Gatrie counter for some EXP, but his hit rate is terrible and he ends up missing both attacks.

2:18: There is an ideal tile that Reyson must reach, but he is 1 move short, so Rhys shoves him to cover the distance.

3:38: Oscar with Paragon gains an entire level from the boss kill.

Turns: 2

Edited by dondon151

I found it interesting that you used Rolf instead of Soren or Nephenee for 3-3, and you could of had him visit the house since he wasn't doing anything for 3 turns straight ;), aside of that I like your tactics especially how you gave Gatrie resolve and did a wonderful job ferrying him with Haar. Also what was the advantage Rhys had over Mist? I didn't notice it :( for 3-3.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I found it interesting that you used Rolf instead of Soren or Nephenee for 3-3, and you could of had him visit the house since he wasn't doing anything for 3 turns straight ;), aside of that I like your tactics especially how you gave Gatrie resolve and did a wonderful job ferrying him with Haar. Also what was the advantage Rhys had over Mist? I didn't notice it :( for 3-3.

I remarked on it in the video notes. Oscar got lucky and ended up dodging all of the attacks, but Rhys is the only one that can heal him in the case that he gets hit.

I forgot that that tent existed, haha. I deployed Rolf for the extra WEXP, and he's more accurate with Rolf's Bow than Nephenee is with Javelin (her biorhythm cycles to worst if I deploy her here).

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 3-6 (1):

Expenditures:

Sold Fortune for 3000G.

Sold 33 uses of Elfire for 990G.

Sold 31 uses of Elthunder for 651G.

Sold 35 uses of Ellight for 1120G.

1x Mend (1000G)

1x Torch (500G)

1x Storm Sword (4000G)

1x Short Axe (1500G)

1x Beast Killer (1200G)

1x Physic (3750G)

202G remaining

Stat boosters:

Speedwings (Volug)

Transfers:

Master Crown (Zihark)

Brave Axe (Zihark)

Storm Sword (Zihark)

Brave Bow (Zihark)

Supports:

C (Laura, Volug)

C (Aran, Zihark)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Wildheart (Volug)

Assigned:

- Renewal (Sothe)

- Beastfoe (Volug)

Bonus EXP:

Volug from 15.56 to 15.99

5009 BEXP remaining

Notes:

0:15: Sothe is at neutral biorhythm - an 80% chance to find the Brave Bow. I attempted this chapter 15 times, and not once did Sothe fail to find the Brave Bow, the likelihood of which is a mere 3.5%.

0:38: The crit wasn't necessary - normally, Nolan would take 26 HP damage on counter, the cat would untransform, Aran would grab the KO, and Laura will mend Nolan back to full HP.

0:51: Zihark must NOT crit the cat. This is one of the few A strike cats on the map, and the reasoning behind this will become apparent.

2:35: Leo does not have to crit, as Fiona can finish off the KO with Javelin (at 73 hit).

6:36: The ally units are done blocking for Volug, and Volug can now proceed to solo that entire portion of the map.

8:20: The A strike cat will transform next turn, and Nolan will KO it even with a Hand Axe, so Micaiah trades away all of Nolan's weapons.

Chapter 3-6 (2):

Notes:

0:07: Fiona rescues BK so that she can give him to Jill next turn, who can drop him in enemy territory.

8:27: I should have used Physic on Volug before I moved him. The reason will become apparent on enemy phase.

9:09: At this point, I start trading away all ranged weapons so that in 3-7, the characters here will suicide onto Janaff and Ulki instead of chip away at their gauge from 2 range. I forgot to trade away Fiona's Javelin, though, because I thought for some reason that Eddie could wield it.

10:10: You can probably figure out here that Volug would have died had all enemies hit. If I had used Physic on him for just a little more HP, there would have been no such risk. Volug has roughly a 10.5% chance of death.

By the way, Volug accounted for 18 kills and the BK for 9 kills. Together, they combined for 58.7% of the kills on this map, which I guess is to be expected, but it's still an impressive figure nonetheless.

Turns: 9 (single digit clear woop)

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 3-7 (1):

Expenditures:

2x Olivi Grass (3200G)

11104G remaining

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Resolve (Ike)

- Wrath (Nephenee)

- Celerity (Haar)

- Paragon (Titania)

- Adept (Mia)

Assigned:

- Resolve (Mordecai)

- Wrath (Mordecai)

- Celerity (Reyson)

- Paragon (Mist)

- Adept (Haar)

Notes:

There is no way for me to end this chapter prematurely, so I take it easy and minimize the risks of death while maximizing support point gain and strike WEXP gain. I also aimed to get as much EXP as possible for Titania (since both she and Ranulf need BEXP next chapter and I got a clear bonus for neither 3-5 nor 3-7) and Mist.

5:03: Crossbows are an OHKO on both Ulki and Janaff, but this warrior has only 13 hit (3.5 true), so I deem it a worthwhile risk.

9:20: Mordecai recruits Zihark. Between Zihark and Jill, Zihark is probably the less useful one on the remaining DB maps, because Jill has flying. He's also the easiest character to reach on the map.

12:06: Resolve Mordecai has 27 AS, which makes for some formidable offense (he has 2 more atk than Ranulf). The problem with relying on Resolve, though, is that Mordecai either needs to be attacked untransformed or attacked by a fire sage in order to get into the proper HP range, and it's harder to heal him while staying in the proper HP range.

Chapter 3-7 (2):

Notes:

3:58: Ranulf reverts so he can have 1 more move in the river.

7:35: I was planning on vigoring the laguz, but at this point I realize that Reyson is running low on gauge.

8:41: With only 74 hit, missing would be fatal for Titania, so I burn a Physic use on her just in case.