RD HM 0% growths video playthrough

Hey now, I'm just saying, I just asked why it made a difference where I asked him. I mean, it's the internet, I didn't think he'd be under peer pressure. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything.

We know you didn't mean it as an offense. But that was pretty rude, to ask for someone who has been beating himself up sharing with us his videos in a way he can afford it, and you just ask for better quality, when the one having difficulty of viewing is only you. =/

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it matter where it is? Is it some sort of social convention or something?

I suppose if you want to call these:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

a social convention, then sure! :B):

Not to humble, are we?

Narga just stated it would be best if you could PM him, since it would be easier for him to decline without feeling so bad while declining in front of others.

Actually, I wasn't suggesting it for this purpose. That's actually a pretty intelligent reason to post in the thread rather than using PM. If you can make it more difficult for him to say "no", then you have a better chance of getting your way. I see that as smart. Manipulative, but smart.

It's to do with 'necroposting' which, I guess is a social convention but one that makes sense. Which is basically posting in an old topic instead of making a new one/doing things privately. The reason it's bad is that it brings a thread up to the top of the list when there's often either little new content or little left to discuss, while simultaneously pushing other current threads down the list. In this case, the question brings the topic up and is relevant (now) only to you and Dondon, so bringing the topic up for everyone else is a little inconvenient.

In extreme cases, such as years old content, serious new discussion gives way to everyone going 'lol necropost' and complaining at the necroposter.

Edit: In fact even, I probably should have PMed THIS to you, since it's completely irrelevant to the actual thread. But that isn't necroposting obviously, it's just off topic (sorry Narga)

This is basically the problem.

It is:

a: necroposting ("If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting." There are certain exceptions that are stated explicitly in the rules, but what happened here is SO not one of them.)

b: off-topic (doesn't really need explanation)

These are two things that are basically against the rules. (see: the sf code of conduct, aka rules, near the top right of every page you'll ever go to on SF.) Also this has spawned an entire off-topic discussion, which is also bad. For things that are this off topic (asking someone for permission to make something outside the topic, asking someone about their avatar or sig, etc) it is much better to use the PM system or the comment on profile function.

One could argue that mods should PM this kind of stuff (namely my first comment to you) to people, but I've always been of the opinion that it is better to put things in threads when it isn't too personal since it explains my interpretation of the rules to everyone and not just the person getting PMed. Among other reasons.

Also, could you list which equipment you gave to who before starting the map? Some of it is really obvious, some of it, not so much.

I don't honestly remember, but you can glean that information from watching through a chapter. Even for characters that have full inventories, I don't usually end up using more than 2 or 3 items at a time anyway.

I've gone through some of your chapters, and though most of the strategies are solid, there are some things I take issue with. I'm not saying you're incorrect, what I mean by that is that they confuse me.

Two things about Part 1 Chapter 6, your strategy for clearing out most initial enemies on that seems to rely on Aran being able to kill that mage with his Iron Lance, however, with every reset, I could never K.O. the guy with both Aran and Micaiah (Micaiah was boosted with her A Support). I'm assuming you might've used one of the Coins, but you never really say how you use them (I don't remember you listing it in your list anyways). Did you just reset an insane amount of times till it worked?

Secondly, how are you getting that Wyvern to go attack the upper-right most citizen? In my experience, it always attacks the lower-right citizen? Are you manipulating that, or is that also reset abuse?

Lastly, in your Item Expenditure list, you seem to somehow have two Speedwings in Part 2 if I'm reading it right, however, to my knowledge, there's only one Speedwing in Part 2. Is there something I'm missing here?

Two things about Part 1 Chapter 6, your strategy for clearing out most initial enemies on that seems to rely on Aran being able to kill that mage with his Iron Lance, however, with every reset, I could never K.O. the guy with both Aran and Micaiah (Micaiah was boosted with her A Support). I'm assuming you might've used one of the Coins, but you never really say how you use them (I don't remember you listing it in your list anyways). Did you just reset an insane amount of times till it worked?

I'm assuming you mean 1-8, not 1-6. I never had to reset for 1-8, but it seems likely that enemy stat variation can cause you to just miss the KO with Aran and Micaiah. Normally, though, Micaiah likely would have gotten at least 1 or 2 +mag levels, which guarantees the combo KO, but on 2 separate attempts of the map, I've never had trouble with that guy.

(But yes, resetting until you get the combo KO will work as well).

Secondly, how are you getting that Wyvern to go attack the upper-right most citizen? In my experience, it always attacks the lower-right citizen? Are you manipulating that, or is that also reset abuse?

I don't honestly know, because I didn't bother checking the prisoners' stats (or how they would affect the DK AI), and on both separate attempts of this map, the same things happened. I do know for a fact that the direction that the DK will canto in after killing the top right prisoner can be manipulated with positioning of your characters, but I also can't say for sure exactly how it is manipulated.

Lastly, in your Item Expenditure list, you seem to somehow have two Speedwings in Part 2 if I'm reading it right, however, to my knowledge, there's only one Speedwing in Part 2. Is there something I'm missing here?

Since Marcia has to "transfer" the Speedwings from 2-3 to one of Haar, Brom, Heather, or Neph in 2-E, who then subsequently transfers the item to the GMs in 3-2, I have it listed twice for that purpose, otherwise it won't be showing its face until 3-11.

Edited by dondon151

• 2 months later...

OK, 3 months later, I finally bought new batteries for the Wiimote, moved my external down to the basement where the Wii is, and started from where I left off. Hopefully with my roughly week and a half remaining of winter break, I can finish and record the pre 4-E maps.

Currently I've been doing a dry run to determine how I should divide resources in part 4. I've 5 turned both 4-P and 4-1 (4-P should have been a 4 turn had Haar not missed). So that's 2 of 5 played out. 4-5 doesn't count because it's really easy to 2 turn and I don't think I can 1 turn. And in all honesty, I probably won't play 4-4 to completion in the dry run just because it's, well... 4-4.

Edited by dondon151

It's very impressive how you can still pull those turn counts with only characters that only have their promotion bonuses. Quite looking forward for what's to come. :newyears:

Note to myself: remove all weapons from unused characters so I can sell them in 4-2 to make more forges.

4-2 was a pretty easy 7 turn. I'm just going to go ahead and start recording the next chance I get because I feel comfortable with the current team distribution for the first 3 part 4 maps.

Tibarn and Reyson were more than enough to handle all of the 2 rangers on player phases. Elincia also ORKO'd the Blizzard sage and the bishop in the middle of the map. I had Tibarn deal with Valtome's cohort while Elincia and Ranulf looped over to the south side of the map to pick off some stragglers.

Shinon, Mia, and Lucia dealt with the enemies near the starting point. This map is probably 6 turnable with a stronger team, but Lucia and Mia were getting 3RKO'd and weren't ORKOing back so they never really moved anywhere.

The Warriors reinforcements are pretty tough to kill. Ranulf, Lucia, Kieran, Pelleas had to gang up on them.

When I played this map, I realized it definitely isn't for Shinon. Shinon is more for... 4-P or 4-4 (4-4 primarily because of the extended range).

Shinon is very appropriate for Ike's route, as they do have loys of walls and height advantage to his favor.

I usually send in Danved with Nephenee to the Hawk route.

Chapter 4-P:

Expenditures:

Merged convoys.

Sold 15 uses of Rexbolt for 4500G.

Sold 20 uses of Spear for 4500G.

3x Olivi Grass (4800G)

21078G remaining

Stat boosters:

Speedwings (Skrimir)

Boots (Leanne)

Supports:

C (Jill, Volug)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Resolve (Skrimir)

- Provoke (Skrimir)

- Celerity (Haar)

- Pass (Volug)

Assigned:

- Paragon (Skrimir)

- Resolve (Haar)

- Pass (Skrimir)

Bonus EXP:

Skrimir from 25.00 to 25.99

20520 BEXP remaining

Notes:

Removing Provoke from Skrimir redirects most enemy attacks to Naesala. I need him to reach SS strike by 4-E-1; he gets 42 of the 80 WEXP needed to reach SS strike.

0:32: Given the close proximity of enemies to the starting point, and the low turn threshold for this chapter, I decided to use Laguz Stones on Skrimir and Volug immediately.

1:22: I should point out that although Volug does pretty well, he does have only 13 luk and sometimes gets crit by a halberdier (at around 8 or 9 crit), which more often than not means a restart.

2:57: These bow knights are dangerous, not only because they have effective damage on Naesala, but also because they can't be countered on enemy phase with anyone except Haar.

5:02: Volug gets SS strike, which is needed for him to 2HKO the remainder of the enemies that he will face on this map.

5:38: Haar doesn't actually need Resolve to KO these bow knights by turn 4, but with only around 74 displayed hit on most of them, Haar needs the skl boost to minimize the risk of missing.

10:00: As long as one of the bow knights has 31 atk, Haar has no chance of dying from 21 HP.

Turns: 4

Chapter 4-1:

Promotion items:

Holy Crown (Mist)

Stat boosters:

Energy Drop (Ike)

Seraph Robe (Ike)

Seraph Robe (Ike)

Dracoshield (Ike)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Paragon (Mist)

- Paragon (Oscar)

- Adept (Ike)

- Adept (Titania)

Assigned:

- Resolve (Ike)

- Pass (Nailah)

Notes:

Ike is loaded. With 62 HP, 25 +5 def, 11 +7 res after Pure Water, Daunt, and Resolve, nothing is killing him, even when he is at worst biorhythm (well, OK, that is a bit of an exaggeration). I need strong 2 range on this map and that's pretty much the only way to get it at this point in the game.

1:37: I break the sandbag because enemies tend to prioritize those instead of getting countered by Ike.

1:52: I just needed someone to block that chokepoint for a turn. It creates a nice situation where a Short Spear general is forced to attack Nailah from 1 range on turn 2 enemy phase.

14:02: I was planning on giving Ulki an extra attack, but that was a fail on my part...

Turns: 5

Chapter 4-2 (1):

Expenditures:

Sold Ashera Icon for 4000G.

Sold Talisman for 4000G.

Sold 15 uses of Rexflame for 3750G.

Sold 25 uses of Silver Bow for 1125G.

Sold 20 uses of Iron Longbow for 1000G.

Sold 39 uses of Rolfs Bow for 1170G.

Sold 61 uses of Crossbow for 3050G.

Sold 30 uses of Killer Axe for 1440G.

Sold 30 uses of Tomahawk for 6000G.

Sold 24 uses of Killer Lance for 1728G.

Sold 20 uses of Short Spear for 1500G.

Sold 21 uses of Killing Edge for 1260G.

Sold 51 uses of Wo Dao for 2550G.

Liquidated a bunch of useless weapons and items for 38515G.

I have 92166G at this point.

+5 MT, +25 hit Silver Axe (8640G) (+10 hit from coin)

+5 MT, +15 crit Silver Sword (10800G) (+1 MT from coin)

+5 MT, +25 hit Silver Axe (8640G) (+10 hit from coin)

+5 MT, +15 crit Silver Sword (10800G) (+1 MT, +10 hit from coin)

+5 MT, +15 hit Silver Lance (9504G) (+10 hit from coin)

+5 MT, +15 hit Silver Lance (9504G) (+10 hit from coin)

+5 MT, +25 hit Silver Lance (12960G)

+5 MT, +25 hit Javelin (3600G)

+5 MT, +25 hit Javelin (3600G)

+5 MT, +25 hit Hand Axe (3749G)

+5 MT, +25 hit Hand Axe (3749G)

6620G remaining

Promotion items:

Master Crown (Lucia)

Skills:

Unassigned:

- Savior (Tibarn)

Assigned:

- Imbue (Elincia)

Notes:

I'd like to apologize in advance for the uncharacteristic hesitations on the player phases. I was trying unit placements that I hadn't done before and had to make some tough decisions on the spot.

1:13: I was disappointed that Lucia got hit with 31 displayed hit, because she had a high chance on enemy phase to take 2 attacks and die.

2:07: Forged Thunder has higher accuracy than any dark tome, but ultimately, trading Thunder to Pelleas was pointless because it couldn't do enough damage to get the KO.

4:35: I was panicking a bit and accidentally traded the Storm Sword instead of the Tempest Blade. Although, this wasn't too bad because Mia could double the other SM (but she procced Astra anyway).

13:09: I swear, it takes forever to raise Ranulf's strike level to S. I would have liked to have this earlier, but it doesn't matter in the end.

Chapter 4-2 (2):

Notes:

0:26: I thought Ranulf could 2HKO the sniper, but I forgot that he had +1 atk from C Reyson when I checked his stats.

4:52: Had Valtome hit Tibarn, I wouldn't have had Tibarn attempt to counter the Taksh warrior on enemy phase.

Turns: 7

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 4-3 (1):

Expenditures:

Sold Bolganone for 1500G.

1x Restore (2000G)

1x Pure Water (900G)

5220G remaining

Supports:

B (Sigrun, Tanith)

C (Haar, Marcia)

Notes:

This is one map where I really wish I had Nullify so that Naesala wouldn't take 30+ HP damage from every sniper. I also should have bought some Recovers.

1:07: I didn't need to OHKO the warrior because Sigrun was poised to KO with her Silver Lance.

1:34: Volug is at the bottom of his biorhythm curve for the entirety of this map and also is a couple of points of atk away from 2HKOing warriors and halberdiers in this map, so he kind of takes a secondary role.

2:37: Haar's offense has also tapered off, but with Resolve, 33 AS is more than enough to double every enemy on the map, and he can 4HKO snipers and warriors with Brave Lance. This is the easiest way to lower his HP into Resolve range on turn 1.

3:27: Both Micaiah and Laura have Restore equipped to nullify the Elsilence bishop. Micaiah also has no weapons so that she will automatically equip staves when traded.

9:12: This was really stupid. I forgot for a moment that Naesala was in the range of a Crossbow warrior.

Also, I'm really sorry again for the slow playing. I had around the first 4 turns committed to muscle memory until a couple of enemies moved slightly differently than expected on turn 2 and completely threw off my planned sequence of actions.

Chapter 4-3 (2):

Notes:

4:57: I forgot for a moment where Stefan's tile is. This was pretty much just a blind guess.

6:39: I don't know why in the world I attacked the sniper that Skrimir would do more damage to, because Naesala could have 2HKO'd that one.

8:05: I had completely forgotten that there was a Short Axe DM there, and was on the verge of another huge blunder by leaving Sanaki in range.

12:49: Janaff and Ulki need the Laguz Gem in 4-4, so Sothe sends it back to the convoy.

13:48: I wasn't sure how close Naesala was to SS strike at this point, but gaining 2 WEXP is more sure than gaining 1 WEXP, and Naesala wouldn't die from the attack.

Turns: 8

I don't think it's completely impossible to do this in 7 turns. Nealuchi is able to drop Sothe in within range of the Laguz Gem tile on turn 6 without either of them dying, and slightly better enemy phase management probably could have finished the rout by turn 7. I don't want to do this again, though.

???

7 turns isn't that hard for 4-2 if you know where reinforcements will be coming.

As I recall, the last time I played 4-2, I 6 turned, but almost all the work was done by Elincia, Janaff, Ulki and Tibarn. Pelleas and Tauroneo were capable of dealing with the reinforcements at the start point, but I had crowned Tauroneo, which isn't always practical.