Bumming for FE1-3 savefiles

Trotmeister

Greetings. I am in the process of making an article on Fire Emblem, and I am facing a predicament in that I lack the means to make screenshots of the first three entries in the series. Perhaps some of the FE veterans that frequent these message boards would be so kind as to provide me with appropriate savefiles? Ideally, I'd like to screenshot some of the middle to late missions (as long as it's not the last one). Showing the very first battles would be lame, but I just can't bring myself to replay these games. As much as I love FE4+, the earlier ones, in my opinion, haven't aged all that well. So, yeah, I could really use those saves. Sorry for such a blatant request. 

I think I have a ton of savestates for Gaiden back from when I used to mess around with it a lot... your characters are probably maxed out in stats and other weird things, I don't remember--it was back when I hacked around with the game. I think there might be a save for every battle in the game, or near it, possibly. If you're interested in the savestates, I'll find a link. They were for the FCEUltra emulator, if memory serves.

I have:

FE2: my save states are mostly near endgame, I you want any. I have some at the begining of ch 5 going until the end

FE3: right now I have a save file in ch 13 and some save states during ch 12.

Do you need any of these?

I may have some FE1 save files, but since I bought FE1 to play on my NES I may have deleted them. So I will have to check.

But check out a site called RPG Classics, they have a FE1 walkthough (It's not very good) full of good pictures from every chapter.

Edited by j04353

Indeed, there's a lot of pictures there, but their quality is rather poor. Why the heck would anyone store NES screenshots in a heavily-compressed JPEG format is beyond my understanding. GIF and PNG are ideal since NES can't display more than 256 colors anyway. So, unfortunately, I can't use those.

To be snotty and high-nosed, the NES technically can't display more than 16 separate color IDs at at a time for standard graphics, and another 16 for sprites :P

I haven't been at a home so I can't upload my saves, but I plan to whenever I do.

Turns out I only have savestates for the first five chapters or so. But then again, I never bothered hacking much into the game :(

Hope this helps. But if not, I might be able to find a solution.

EDIT: oh yeah, same emulator as before

SAVES.zip

Edited by Celice