My Unit builds (Lunatic Mode)

Basically here we will be discussing what builds of My Unit are great for prologue, and overall the rest of the game. Now it's no mystery that My Unit rapes face, but I wonder how it would best to fit the classes at hand?

Now that we have the boosts and growths of the Past/Present/Future along with his growths and bases, we can figure that out.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21559

Some enemy stats, for reference, in the link above.

Past/Present/Future boosts

Past

Farmer's Child (農村の子): +4 HP, +10% HP

Orphan (孤児): Str and Mag+2, +5% Str and Mag

Noble Child (貴族の子): +2 to Skl and Spd, +5% Spd and Skl

Merchant's Child (商人の子): Lck and Res+2, Luck+5%

Cleric's Child (聖職の子): +2 Def, no growth

Present

Mighty (強さ) : +2 HP, +20% HP Growth

Odd (異質さ): +1 Str and Mag, +10% Mag and Str growth

Beautiful (美しさ) : +1 Skl and Spd, +10% Spd and Skl growth

Wise (賢さ): +1 Lck and Res, +10% Lck, +5% Res

Gentle (優しさ): +1 Def, +5% Def

Future

Pursuer (求道者): HP+30%

Recluse (隠遁者): +15% Str and Mag

Glorious (栄誉者): +15% Skl and Spd

Wealthy (富裕者): +15% Lck, +10% Res

Humanitarian (博愛者): Def+10%

My Unit Base Stats class per class before boosts.

Class     HP  str mag skl spd luk def res   Weapon rank
Cavalier  20  7   0   5   7   3   7   0     D Lances, E Swords (M); E Lances, D Swords (F)
Knight    20  8   0   5   1   3   11  0     D Lances
Archer    18  7   0   6   5   3   6   0     D Bows
Mercenary 20  6   0   11  10  3   5   0     D Swords
Myrmidon  18  5   0   12  12  3   4   0     D Swords
Fighter   24  9   0   5   7   3   3   0     D Axes
Mage      18  2   3   4   4   3   2   0     D Tomes
Peg Knt   18  6   2   8   8   3   5   6     D Lances

My Unit Growths class by class before boosts

Class     HP  str mag skl spd luk def res
Cavalier  70  40  5   55  40  60  35  5
Knight    90  40  0   50  30  60  50  0
Archer    70  35  5   50  60  60  30  0
Mercenary 80  45  -5  55  50  60  30  0
Myrmidon  80  35  5   50  55  60  25  5
Fighter  100  65  -5  55  40  60  25  -5
Mage      50  15  45  50  45  60  5   20
Peg Knt   60  35  0   50  55  60  30  10

Now, I am going to start simply with stuff about prologue, but feel free to bring about your idea for a good build for the class. HOWEVER. I want to point out that this is for Lunatic mode, and not just a topic to say what past/present/future you chose and class, and how "awesome" it is.

Couple things I notice.

Myrmidon

Thanks to not being able to stack bonuses, my original thought of ORKOing several things goes out the window. So this leaves us with only future in mind.

Speed is not going to be a problem. Ever. So don't bother with it. Instead, let's see what other boosts do.

Cleric's Child: +2 Def is ineffective in prologue, but what are the other boosts? +2 Str is ineffective, Merchant boosts are stupid, +2 Spd and Skl is overkill and again is ineffective unless you really care that much to double a mercenary midway through prologue. We don't want the +4 HP as instead we want something else since +4 HP in prologue is as ineffective as the Def. However, the Def boost is solid, and will play a part for when we change to Cav after prologue.

Odd: It's to give her some better offense in the future while not lagging now. The +1 Str is the difference between 2RKOing and 3RKOing Jeigen, for example. 6 Str is to function in prologue. +10% Str growth is for when she switches to Cavalier. Also, when Levin Swords enter the equation, she will not mind the extra magic either.

Pursuer: With only growths left, this leaves lol Res and Lck, overkill Spd, and Pursuer. This gives her 110% HP. This will prove to be more effective than the Def growth, because 110% is assured while the Def growth of 35% is not going to help her. 110% means she most certainly will not run into the same problems Cecile might have. This also garuntees she gets the HP needed for switching over to Cavalier after prologue when combined with her solid +2 Def to ensure she at least has 9 Def after the switch. On the amount of levels she might get out of prologue, she could possibly have up to 12 Def and 33 HP.

This build allows her to, when given the proper MU treatment, can out-jeigen the jeigen.

Best Build for Myrmidon: Cleric Child/Odd/Pursuer-You are aiming to make an offensive powerhouse, and this is a stunningly good way to do it. Even with the cavalier switch, she can be an incredibly deadly force, especially on those pain in the ass bandits.

Mage

Firt thing's first. They have forced awful stats onto this guy. A build honestly feels FORCED on this guy. Secondly, we would prefer Rezire and Aura>Excalibur which comes late and has several competitors. However, I have the points to make a note here. Let's see what the boosts do for her.

Orphan: +2 Mag gives the important immediate bonus of 3RKOing Jeigen instead of 4RKOing. 10 damage on fighters for a 3RKO, 4RKO chip on Athena instead of 5RKO, and gives her several advantages when the boost is stacked with growth. She gets obvious immediate benefits out of this early on, so it sounds best for her. 50% Mag ain't bad either. By end of prologue, she could be doing up to 17-18 damage with FIRE. If she gets the rank for Aura, someone is going to be dropping some serious bombs. I'm talking OHKO on hunters.

Mighty: Get this. She might actually NEED this to survive 22 ATK enemies. 20 HP base, 2 Def base. All she needs is 1 or 2 HP and he's safe. I say Mighty instead of Farmer's Child because he needs Orphan early on for Jeigen. She can nab a few levels between then and the 22 ATK enemies, and thus can get some HP that way. This is most likely the only significant boost she can get out of the Present growths.

Glorious: There is no way to avoid the things that are going to double her later on without suffering problems very early on. Tossng her a 60% growth on the other hand is gravy. This ensures that later on she can take on faster enemies, since in the beginning she either has A. No enemies that actually double her, or B. Simply has no way to avoid the issue (myrms mainly).

Best Buid: Orphan/Mighty/Glorious-You are aiming to make a heavy chipper who is simply trying to avoid getting doubled. Female is better for this, since Aura Power in her hands is devestating, while male with Excalibur is not doing much better than Etzel whom you could just toss the Capricorn orb and call it a day in the dragon's valley. You might think due to speed cap that the speed growth boost was pointless, but the same can be said of all mages. Lategame she'll just be using staffs, so she has something to fall back on.

Archer

Archers got similar problems than mage, though function differently in the future. Gonna show you why.

Orphan: 2RKOs the soldier in opening chapter, 3RKOs Jeigen (in a more solid fashion than the mage, since the old bastard can wind up procing HP), does similar stuff to archer throughout prologue. He has less might growth than mage, but he's got other priorities in the future.

Beautiful: Like the mage, nothing can be done to help his speed, but the +1 to base with 60% growth makes him a superior Gordon gotten several fights earlier. Unlike mage though, after prologue the archer can switch to Hunter so that he actually WILL double.

Pursuer: This is again for class changing, because fuck Wealthy, and Humanitarian is not going to do dick. 100% HP again garuntees boosts every level, and on promotion those bows of his can be transfered to the likes of Warrior/General/Horseman/Sniper. His speed growth before promotion will carry him out on promotion in either of these classes, possibly even saving him as a general before the class becomes completely useless.

Best build: Oprhan/Beautiful/Pursuer-Funny thing is, this is solely to keep him useful without being too much a hindrance until promotion where the massive speed growth will carry him out as several classes. Thanks to being able to switch to hunter class at prologue, he is capable of being great chip...Just that like the mage, he sucks at prologue.

Armor

For once, the armor is actually pretty flexible early on, since move means dick in prologue. However, you most certainly will be switching later on, because fuck staying with armor past prologue. Let's see how he can help out though.

Cleric's Child: +2 Def is more substantial than the +2 speed, since even the one time it would come into play it's only for a fighter and the difference is 2 HP but still a 3RKO. Besides, 50% Def should carry you just fine.

Odd: This is more for his future in mind, since hte other stats don't really do anything for him and prefers the additional Str. He wants greater growths for the future though, since no stat boosts will save his speed that Def doesn't cure.

Glorious: By the time you get out of prologue, this growth starts to kick in above the others giving speed boosts with smaller growths. This is to keep him stable later on, though I have to question how stable 45% Spd is. It's not exactly spectacular to grow into other classes as, but it most likely beats out other things.

Best Build: Cleric Child/Odd/Glorious: You are planning on a tank for this later on, and this does the job great. Gives lances so you can switch over to other classes that are tough like Paladin and Draco, while maintaining high Def and enough speed to at least avoid getting doubled and still hit reliably hard. Most likely won't become killer until lategame due to speed growth being permanently meh as an armor with, but it allows him to be a very well rounded unit until then

Mercenary

The merc can kick some ass early on, though some things limit him (Luke being a dickhead is one of them). He can do so offensively (+2 ATK opens up a LOT of offense for him), or defensively (+4 HP can help him now while allowing him defensive power in future growths). Merc is very flexible, but you can't have one without the other.

Farmer's Child: He probably prefers this, since the 24 HP allows him to survive 2 attacks from Jeigen or Roddy. 100% HP growth is also not bad. This is probably better since it saves on vulnery uses when compared to Orphan, though Orphan CAN ORKO the soldier and 2RKO a great variety of guys here.

Beautiful: He needs this to double most of the enemies here. If he goes Orphan, he is kicking ass, but it also has defensive properties such as defending against Shiida and such. The HP most likely is more substantial, so at worst he loses a bit of offense early in prologue.

Future: Depends. If you went Orphan, you want Humanitarian. If you went Farmer, you want Recluse.

Best Builds: Orphan/Beautiful/Humanitarian OR Farmer's Child/Beautiful/Recluse-These are all to keep him well rounded after prologue, but each build has a different function for prologue itself. Regardless you are most likely going to have Hero/Swordmaster/Paladin in your future, and you ALWAYS want Beautiful if you're going merc

Fighter

The best benefit of the axer is that there simply is a rare amount of axers that don't suck balls. Bord and Cord are horrid, Barst is iffy and Minerva joins late (though still good, just late jointime can be problematic). Prologue allows you to train a fresh one, building up rank to do everything you would ever need an axer to do. Easily the most popular choice, but let's see how effective we can make it. For example, the first thing I notice is that even with the +2 speed boosts, he might even fail to double the first soldier since it could proc 6 speed. But hey, let's look things over.

Orphan: Hey, let's 2RKO Jeigen without doubling, saving me a vulery use while at the same time kicking this chapter's ass! Same with the fighter in 3-P, he basically does the merc's job without needing to double.

Mighty: This is superior to Gentle for him since it gets the same effects early on, but the 20% HP is superior to 5% Def. It lets him be more durable to mages due to more HP to spare, and helps his transition better for when he goes Pirate due to the dip they got in HP...Not that it really matters since they're gonna have 100% HP at least. However, whatever allows this dude to get +2 HPs more often, the better.

Glorious: Why WOULDN'T he get this? When he goes to Pirate right after, that's a DELICIOUS 75% speed. That EASILY makes up for the speed he didn't need immediately in prologue.

Best Build: Orphan/Mighty/Glorious-He's gonna be more an HP tank going this route, but more than anything he's gonna be an offensive beast, especially when he goes Pirate. My only problem with axers is that they are a rather inflexible weapon type until promotion, and only have 6 move compared to other frontline classes averaging out at 7 or greater. Prologue though, move barely means anything, so he doesn't mind early on.

Cavalier

Ahhh, the trusty steed. How the horse has broken many a game. Let's see how the MU can use it to break this game. As a note, build might vary between male and female thanks to weapon ranks.

Noble's Child/Orphan: 9 AS avoids doubles from myrms, thieves, what have you. It satisfies the defensive needs, and helps maintain decent speed throughout. I would suggest this for females due to sword rank allowing Steel after Prologue and she can just switch to myrm. Males might want...Orphan...Mainly because the +2 Str and with the possible C rank for +1 might for later portions of prologue along with access to the various Silver Lances early on.

Odd/Beautiful/Gentle: Beautiful is for the Male since he could 2HKO and Beautiful keeps his future more solid. Odd is for the same reason for female, except it's more for doubling things like the bandits in chapter 1. The Female could also choose Gentle to let her build up Lance Rank while maintaining defensive power against swordies since she could just rely on the Lady Sword if she has to if Steel doesn't work out.

Pursuer: 100% HP is hard to argue against, since 10% Def might not cut the mustard while 100% simply garuntees durability boosts and beats the hell out of 70%.

Best Build: Customizable. Could even go and give him Farmer Child and Humanitarian or the vice versa of that to have sort of the Lowen build to the other two. The main problem with the Cavalier though is that there is so much competition early on. Arran, Catria, Paula, Sirius, Luke...All Cav MU would be is a slightly more pumped up version of one of these characters, in the case of Female MU Cav is Cav growths to transition into Peg before the fact as to have superior durability. Could make her a beautiful orphan as well, but really there's a lot you can do with the cav

Pegasus

The main difference between Cav and Peg here is that A. Peg can fly, B. less durability and offense, and C. Enough speed at base to function along with growth....and D. Only one weapon. It just feels like I'm trying to fix the class up to be what the cav is at base. I think the only benefit here is that it's a female class that allows for D rank spears at base.

Farmer's Child: +4 HP for 22 base can be mighty helpful, as I will show with my next choice. Also, after the first map, gives her a nice chance to proc HP to choose a different Present and still get the same results pointed out below. Also it's what allows her to be 3RKOd by mages

Gentle: 6 Def and 22 HP is noticeable immediately with Luke. WTA lets her take 9 damage which is a 3RKO. It also allows a defense boost unlike Cleric's Child while maintaining high HP and growth (since it's impossible for Pegasi to have garunteed HP). Jeigen 3RKOs, as does Luke, Shiida, mryms 5RKO her, the effects are noticeable. However, if you're feeling lucky, you can try your luck for Odd and stay a Farmer to get some Str out of the deal.

Recluse: This is to bolster her Str for later portions, since she gets nothing out of it now. However, if you're feeling lucky and went Farmer/Odd, you can finish off with Glorious for +15% Spd for 60% Spd overall. If you feel you would want defense instead of speed, you could go Humanitarian.

Best Build: Farmer/Gentle/Recluse is the safe bet. Farmer's Child/Odd/Recluse s the gamble that could mess you up if it goes wrong, but has an 85% chance of great payoff.

Also

dondon found a great build for Pegasus Knight:

Orphan, Beautiful, Pursuer

Gives the following base stats: 18HP, 8 Str, 2 Mag, 9 Skl, 9 Spd, 3 Lck, 5 Def, 6 Res

This setup lets her ORKO the P-1 Soldier as long as he has 5 AS rather then 6 (and he rarely has 6). Then in P-1, she's 3RKO'd by Luke with an HP proc (She has 90% hp growth so this is easily manageable) and doubles him back with a speed proc. Her doubling potential continues, and she soon 2RKOs pretty much everything with great move to boot. Only issue is hunters I suppose. Then you get to Chapter 1, and she has stats like this as a cav:

9/0 Cav: 27.2 HP, 12.2 Str, 10.8 Skl, 13.2 Spd, 7.8 Lck, 9.4 Def, 0.8 Res

Almost the same as dondon's 9/0 cav setup. Pretty much identical growths too, trading 5% strength for 5% speed. Throw Lady Sword access on top of this, and you have a very solid setup.

This is probably more effective than mine, mainly because I missed the doubling factor. Consider mine the "Defensive" setup.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Etzel's Hips

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: You can't double up on bonuses. So Orphan and Odd isn't allowed.

Second:

Armor Knight: Move is generally unimportant in the Prologue, whereas having a unit that can take more than one hit is awesome.

Cleric's Child: Going from 11 to 13 Defense is a much larger jump than 3 to 5 or similar, and is important because AK gets doubled.

Odd: Makes sure he doesn't get Str screwed. Strength growths tend to be higher so we pick this one.

Glorious: Lets him double when you change to a faster class. Armor Knight gives no Speed so we want this to give him 45%.

This build with merged class sets can go Cavalier to get 3HKO'd in Ch. 1 while 2HKOing back, and 2-3HKO Dracoknights.

Alternatively

Fighter: There are very few good axe users. Bord and Cord suck something fierce, Barst is iffy, Minerva joins kind of late. Other units switched into it cannot use Steel or Hand Axes, nor can they whip out the Hammer for Armors.

Noble Child: Pirate is much better than Fighter and MU has 60% in it baseline. This boosts it to 65% while giving you a boost as a safeguard against screwage. It also boosts your Skill, which is a nice bonus.

Humanitarian: You need more Defense. It works very well with your insane HP.

Odd/Mighty:

Odd is good, but as a Fighter/Pirate your Str gain is already crazy. This could help if you want to go Hero, although it might be overkill...

Mighty gives a good bit of extra HP, which might give that extra edge of durability. Again, useful in other classes.

First: You can't double up on bonuses. So Orphan and Odd isn't allowed.

Aw, bullshit. So much for 2RKOing Luke and Roddy.

Well if that's the case, she has a few more problems. She'd probably prefer to stay Orphan, since Odd just gives worse stats with only marginally better growths. Perhaps she would prefer Gentle or Beautiful for when swapping over to Cav?

Second:

Armor Knight: Move is generally unimportant in the Prologue, whereas having a unit that can take more than one hit is awesome.

Cleric's Child: Going from 11 to 13 Defense is a much larger jump than 3 to 5 or similar, and is important because AK gets doubled.

Odd: Makes sure he doesn't get Str screwed. Strength growths tend to be higher so we pick this one.

Glorious: Lets him double when you change to a faster class. Armor Knight gives no Speed so we want this to give him 45%.

This build with merged class sets can go Cavalier to get 3HKO'd in Ch. 1 while 2HKOing back, and 2-3HKO Dracoknights.

As a note, I'm doing this as best depending on the class chosen, and have edited the OP as to say best build for the class (why I am talking a bit more about prologue with only faint future hints).

However, sounds like a good build. Mind if I slip it into the OP and give you credit?

Alternatively

Fighter: There are very few good axe users. Bord and Cord suck something fierce, Barst is iffy, Minerva joins kind of late. Other units switched into it cannot use Steel or Hand Axes, nor can they whip out the Hammer for Armors.

Noble Child: Pirate is much better than Fighter and MU has 60% in it baseline. This boosts it to 65% while giving you a boost as a safeguard against screwage. It also boosts your Skill, which is a nice bonus.

Humanitarian: You need more Defense. It works very well with your insane HP.

I don't think Humanitarian is gonna cut it with only 30% Def growth as a fighter, and in turn only 20% Def still as a pirate.

One thing I do notice is that he will have problems with his speed unless he class swaps out to pirate after Prologue. If we're going Noble Child, 9 AS doubles nothing, and 45% growth is shaky with it. Now when he goes pirate it's great, but...Eh, it's iffy early on I feel.

Odd/Mighty:

Odd is good, but as a Fighter/Pirate your Str gain is already crazy. This could help if you want to go Hero, although it might be overkill...

Mighty gives a good bit of extra HP, which might give that extra edge of durability. Again, useful in other classes.

Odd/Might/Glorious sound good? Changes virtually nothing early on, but 55% beats 45% and +2 by 10 onward. If we're going to Hero or perhaps even Draco after this, this doesn't sound too bad if we go Fighter.

Apart from the already obvious durability issues and lack of doubling, another downside to mage is the low amount of uses her starting weapon has. Of course, this is only problematic if you're trying to feed her as many kills as possible like I tested... got her to level 7 at the end of Athena's Prologue 4 and her Fire tome went buh bye (also note that some of her attacks were to weaken enemies to speed things up).

Prologue 3 just requires the right positioning (Ryan on Fort, Mage MU above him and Luke and Rody up against the wall) and it should be done in 6 turns if you used up the last vulnerary before taking on the northwestern fighter. 8 or 9 turns if you wait for the fort to heal. Luke just has to equip Rody's Iron Lance to survive Shiida and the rest should be obvious.

Edited by Sirius

I don't think it's a matter of whether MU will be awesome in whatever class you choose, but it's a matter of weapon types, weapon levels, and good characters that join you with those weapon types. Paperblade already mentioned that you don't really get any decent axe users on Lunatic mode besides maybe Draug or Barst. So I'd be inclined to go with axes just to fill a missing spot on the party roster. That and berserkers kick ass for the large majority of the game on Lunatic, from walking on water to cheap forged hand axes.

If you don't have mixed class sets yet, class set B isn't exactly a class that you'd want to be stuck in long term. A decent class set A build is:

Cavalier (M)

Past: Noble's child (doubles the soldier in P-1, for one thing, and instantaneously avoid being doubled by thieves)

Present: Odd (needs the 1 extra str to ORKO the soldier in P-1 and to 3RKO Jagen)

Future: Pursuer (gives the largest growth boost, makes cavalier HP growth 100% - I'd do calcs on this vs. humanitarian if I had average enemy stats and a good estimate, but unless you plan on getting def blessed, having higher HP is more useful for sponging hits, especially against those Glower sorcerors lategame.)

Edited by dondon151

If you don't have mixed class sets yet, class set B isn't exactly a class that you'd want to be stuck in long term. A decent class set A build is:

True, but I figured I'd point out all the other classes best builds if you're going that route. B set just feels inflexible on top of it outside of helping Archers out with Hunter, and if you're going axes you pretty much HAVE to go B set. But anyways...

Cavalier (M)

Past: Noble's child (doubles the soldier in P-1, for one thing, and instantaneously avoid being doubled by thieves)

Present: Odd (needs the 1 extra str to ORKO the soldier in P-1 and to 3RKO Jagen)

Future: Pursuer (gives the largest growth boost, makes cavalier HP growth 100% - I'd do calcs on this vs. humanitarian if I had average enemy stats and a good estimate, but unless you plan on getting def blessed, having higher HP is more useful for sponging hits, especially against those Glower sorcerors lategame.)

It doesn't need to be male, since the difference between Male and Female ranks are just E and D rank. D rank doesn't boost power, steel doesn't exist in prologue...

But yes, this is a build I have pointed out above.

It doesn't need to be male, since the difference between Male and Female ranks are just E and D rank. D rank doesn't boost power, steel doesn't exist in prologue...

Females don't have access to lances in P-1 and P-2. Females can't ORKO the soldier and 3HKO Jagen. If you go female, there is probably a different build that is more optimal than the one for the male build, because being locked to the weakest weapon type while not being able to double is kind of bad.

But yes, this is a build I have pointed out above.

I'd say that this is easily the best build there is. First of all, I'd think it's generally agreed that past bonuses are superior due to the instant, guaranteed boost in bases and the fact that it takes on average 20 level ups for the corresponding present or future boosts to make up for the difference anyway (and another 10-20 level ups for them to lead on average, which is not possible). Second, you really want that instantaneous boost if you want a chance at doubling enemies earlygame (since they tend to be slowest there). Third, the boosts to bases are tailored for the fastest completion of P-1 and P-2, which is ostensibly where the modifications make the biggest difference, partially because they are solos and duets respectively and partially because it's harder to quantify the worth of these stat modifications later in the game.

Might as well post this here:

dondon's Cav Build (9/0): 28 HP, 12 Str, 2.2 Mag, 11.8 Skl, 12.6 Spd, 7.8 Lck, 9.8 Def, 0.4 Res

Paperblade's Knight->Cav (9/0): 27.2 HP, 12 Str, 1.8 Mag, 9 Skl, 10.6 Spd, 7.8 Lck, 13 Def, 0 Res

dondon's growths: 100% HP, 50% Str, 15% Mag, 60% Skl, 45% Spd, 60% Lck, 35% Def, 5% Res

Paperblade's growths as a cav: 70% HP, 50% Str, 10% Mag, 55% Skl, 55% Spd, 60% Lck, 35% Def, 0% Res

dondon's is doubling faster, and will continue to have a sizeable hp lead

Paperblade's will eventually catch up in speed and has more concrete durabilty at first

19 levels for physical durability to be the same over 2 attacks and 20 levels for speed to be the same.

Its a close call.

Edited by Ari Gold

Gives the following base stats: 18HP, 8 Str, 2 Mag, 9 Skl, 9 Spd, 3 Lck, 5 Def, 6 Res

This setup lets her ORKO the P-1 Soldier as long as he has 5 AS rather then 6 (and he rarely has 6). Then in P-1, she's 3RKO'd by Luke with an HP proc (She has 90% hp growth so this is easily manageable) and doubles him back with a speed proc. Her doubling potential continues, and she soon 2RKOs pretty much everything with great move to boot. Only issue is hunters I suppose. Then you get to Chapter 1, and she has stats like this as a cav:

Almost the same as dondon's 9/0 cav setup. Pretty much identical growths too, trading 5% strength for 5% speed. Throw Lady Sword access on top of this, and you have a very solid setup.

Edited by Ari Gold

Oh, also, I want to make a recommendation for you to use code tags so the numbers line up better. It's more aesthetically pleasing.

It will be done.

So, should I add this in up above?

Yeah, its far superior to your build (no offense :P). Peg doesn't need +4 HP to be 3RKO'd by Luke. He loses his A rank bonus due to WTD, meaning he has 9 attack versus base Peg. One HP proc is all you need to be 3RKO'd, and the build dondon came up with has 90% hp growth.

Edited by Ari Gold

Yeah, its far superior to your build (no offense :P). Peg doesn't need +4 HP to be 3RKO'd by Luke. He loses his A rank bonus due to WTD, meaning he has 9 attack versus base Peg. One HP proc is all you need to be 3RKO'd, and the build dondon came up with has 90% hp growth.

It's all cool. I suggested a build that was a gamble as well, but I missed the doubling factor on that first soldier. Will add it in.

Also, Base Merc has 80% HP growth, not 90% and 30% Base Def growth, not 25%

Fighters also have 100% HP growth, not 110%, 55% Base Skill growth, not 40% and 25% Def growth not 20%

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/nds_fe/d/%a5%de%a5%a4%a5%e6%a5%cb%a5%c3%a5%c8

Really now? Cause from the looks of it, I'm spot on.

It looks like the choice is down to lances or axes. Since just about anyone can go SM/Sniper and use an arms scroll to hit B, it seems like a bit of a waste to level up sword/bow from scratch, at least as far as My Unit is concerned.

Draug does make a decent pirate, not quite as good as Pirate MU, though, once you factor in stat/growth choices. You're pretty spoiled for spear users with Catria, Palla, Sirius, and Shiida. So I guess it's down to whether you want a godlike berserker MU vs a pretty good berserker Draug, or another godlike spear user next to Catria.

IOS also says that orphan, beautiful, and pursuer make a good mercenary build. You end up getting something like a better Luke out of the prologue (so it's a bit more redundant than male cav, armor, fighter, or PK), but it's good nonetheless. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like myrm is nearly as good, even with the same build.

It seems to me like for most classes, pursuer is the best future option. For the other combat parameters, boosting bases is a lot more helpful than boosting growths because extra bases help out a lot more in the prologue chapters. Additionally, cavalier, pegasus knight, archer, and mage approach 100% HP growth, which reduces variance and ensures that you don't get RNG screwed in HP in order to take attacks.

I noticed that when pretty much several classes could do well with that build. If you wish, I could put it up in the OP as The Golden Build.

As for myrm, the main problem is primarily the 1 less Str, which makes a world of difference for the merc. On the other hand, she could opt for something else instead of Beautiful, since speed is never going to be a problem for her.

But yeah, I think Pursuer is best for the future, because garunteeing durability instead of keeping it up for chance is gravy.

We're not really concerned with what reclass path MU follows after the prologue. Our goals are to make sure that MU does well in prologue with the build and is able to reclass to a good class once the option is available (hence knight > cavalier, merc > cavalier).

But yeah, I don't see why not.