Fire Emblem - Campaign of the Fang

reeZ931

I made a black fang campaign patch. players control lloyd, linus, and nino as they take down the army of ostia and the lords of lycia and all other heroes from the original game. 95% units you can obtain are members of the black fang. oh and there is no athos. a certain somebody swaps places with him. if anybody is interested, feel free to ask me for the rom. I just joined this site so i'm not sure what the rules are for posting rom hacks and stuff.

I made a black fang campaign patch. players control lloyd, linus, and nino as they take down the army of ostia and the lords of lycia and all other heroes from the original game. 95% units you can obtain are members of the black fang. oh and there is no athos. a certain somebody swaps places with him. if anybody is interested, feel free to ask me for the rom. I just joined this site so i'm not sure what the rules are for posting rom hacks and stuff.

@Bold: Publicly saying that is hardly any different than just linking to the ROM. Don't do it again.

@Underlined:

6p0ql3.jpg

The rules are here:

http://serenesforest...tion=boardrules

LunarIPS or NUPS are the tools you could use to make a patch, find them here:

http://feshrine.net/hacking/patchers.html

Edited by Sirius

wait. what is the difference between a rom patch and a rom hack? with my rom, it is a copy of the game that has changes to the text, character portraits and classes and stuff, so what is it considered to be?

wait. what is the difference between a rom patch and a rom hack? with my rom, it is a copy of the game that has changes to the text, character portraits and classes and stuff, so what is it considered to be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_hacking#Distribution

A patch would basically be the rom hack in a smaller size and only contains the changes to the ROM.

Okay go to the topic titled "patching tutorial" probably right above this one it is pinned and it was made by arch all it looks like u do is download nups and go to create patch and select the original rom and the edited rom

Okay go download nups

open nups

get an unedited rom place unedited rom in the unedited spot

place edited in the edited spot and click create patch

That's pretty much what arch said in his tutorial so it should work

Edited by HongLei

The reason why people want a patch is because they were told that's what you do and they don't question it.

The logical thought behind a patch is that you are only bringing over the changes, not the original data, and so, you're not actually infringing on any copyright or ownership. That doesn't make sense, considering your patch can still contain items that are not your own, existing code you did not create, and other such things.

Basically, people do make patches because they assumed it was what you do. Let them, whatever, doesn't matter in the end of things.