BigKling's Playthrough Notes

My copy of the game arrived today, so now I can finally give my impressions. Of course, almost everything has already been discovered by now, but I thought that I would try to give very basic story translations. I can't understand everything, but I know enough Japanese to understand the basic gist of things. Anyway...

Mode: Normal

My Unit: Knight, Cleric's child/Odd/Glorious.

Prologue 1:

Jagen's battle quote: Come! Show me your strength!

Defeated: Wh.. What?!

Not too much else to note. Katarina says she didn't come to fight. (prebably relates to her aspirations to become a tactician) She aids My Unit from the sidelines.

Prologue 2:

Luke and My Unit argue over who should be the leader of their group (which currently consists of Luke, Rody, Ryan and My Unit) Luke wants to settle things 'man to man'. I wonder how different this convo is with a female MU...

The battle begins, Luke brags to Rody that he could beat you and Ryan by himself in 10 minutes.

Luke [vs Ryan]: Kid, go take a rest, this is between me and [MU]! (literally "MU is my only opponent", but I like this better)

Luke [vs MU]: Listen up! You may have impressed Jagen, but you're still just a new recruit.

MU: That right?

Luke: Yeah! (not sure about the next bit) ... I'm the most (kanjiIdon'tknow) man around here!

Unsure about his defeat quote, but he mentions himself.

Unfortunatly, I con't really get Rody's battle quotes

It seems that in the post battle dialogue, the team discusses how its members are weak individually, and agree to fight as a whole from now on.

Luke gives MU the nickname "ふつう[Name]", which means 'normal', although "ordinary" would make more sense in this case.

Oh, and the event music here is a calm paino arrangement of 'off to war' and 'liberation'. Awesome.

Prologue 3 went by so fast I couldn't really get anything.

Prologue 4:

Luke talks about 'romance' (in katakana) in the opening dialogue, and mentions a 'sister'. After watching a few more lines, I got it.

They say a staff user has been called in to help, Luke thinks it'll be a hot chick.... (hence 'sister', female staff user)

Turns out, it's Wrys. And he appears to give the exact same introduction he did in Shadow Dragon.

Luke: .....

Wrys: Is something wrong, you don't look so good

MU: Ah, uhh...

Katarina: Luke's... fine.

lol.

Prologue 5:

MU and Luke start arguing again. Not sure exactly what about.

The boss is a generic bandit in employ of Roro, who says "Kyahahaha" a lot. (death quote: "Kyaaaaaaaa!")

After the chapter, Roro and Kleine talk. This convo I pretty much understood completley.

Roro is surprised to see her, and asks if she's finished a job.

Kleine: Shut it! You're the one who's dawdling here. You and Aine had better finish up quick. It's a simple job, is it not?

Roro: AiAi (I think it's some kind of 'roger' or 'understood') We'll finish the job thoroughly (きっちん, which I know normally as 'firmly'. I think 'strictly', 'certainly' or 'thoroughly' is what he means) Yes, we'll thoroughly...

kill Marth. (duh duh DUN!)

Afterwards, Katarina asks if there is something on your mind. Yes had you fight Draug next, No has Ogma. Just a heads up that the Yes/No questions don't even vaguely hint at their consequences.

Prologue 6:

Luke asks everyone to tell them what they think of him, apparently it's to do with impressing girls, but I can't quite get the exact characteristic they're discussing. Katarina says Ryan, Rody and My Unit have their own more appealing qualities. I don't this means she finds them attractive herself, just that they all have certain more 'admirable' qualities than Luke.

Luke is of course annoyed by this, and swears to show them all. He wants to be more like MU in two areas that I can't quite translate.

Base Convos:

Note: I won't be able to translate them in their entirety, but I can give some interesting tidbits.

"About the Fire Emblem" is basically a recap of it's role in the game, and has a flashback to the scene in SD where Marth obtains it.

"About My Unit" It seems MU's father apears to be called Makrill. (or Markril or something) It seems he and Jagen were old friends, or at least they knew eachother. This convo is probably different if you select 'orphan' for MU.

The other convo talks about Cecil.

Prologue 7:

Base Convos:

"About Arkanea" is mainly about the current state of the country, and it's ruler. MU asks Marth what kind of person Hardin is, which leads to a flashback to Hardin's talk with Marth in Chapter 5 of SD. (which, now that I think about it, was a massive forshadowing of this game) At the end of the convo, Katarina says "...", hinting that she may be already aware of Hardin's current condition.

"Cecil" Cecil and Luke argue, seemingly about wether men or women are better as knights.

"Katarina" My unit finds her in a forest, is surprised at something, and keeps asking if she's okay. Tsking a stab here, but the best explanation is that she was crying.

"Marth" Reminices about his father, and those who died in the preveous war. A mournful paino arrangement of "Advance" plays. Beautiful.

End of chapter dialogue:

Katarina and MU talk. It seems she was born in Knorda. Judging by MU's reactions, she probably had a bad experience there. I believe the slave market thing was retconned even in the Japanese version of SD, (it's probably a much more sensitive issue now) so I'm not sure what other implications that town has...

She then talks about Cecil, and asks a question, don't know if it affects anything... oh crap MU now had Ike look-alike hair. Could someone tell me if there's a way to change this? Maybe if you say no to the next costume option that comes?

That's all for today.

Edited by Big Klingy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She then talks about Cecil, and asks a question, don't know if it affects anything... oh crap MU now had Ike look-alike hair. Could someone tell me if there's a way to change this? Maybe if you say no to the next costume option that comes?

Actually, you need to say "Yes" (well, more accurately, the default option. I never paid attention to what it said). You should keep a Map Save right before the end of the next chapter just to be on the safe side ^^

Edited by VincentASM

Update 2.

Prologue 8:

It appears that MU is being knighted, then a generic soldier runs in and interupts the ceremony, saying there are enemies in the castle. Everyone asks if they belong to any country.

Katarina: They're not from any army.

MU: Katarina...

Katarina: I'm not Katarina. My real name is... Aine. I came... to kill Marth.

Base Convos:

"About the enemy": Basically, everyone asks why Katarina turned on them, no one really knows. Ryan asks if ther're really going to fight her, and MU replies: "We are knights, our job is to protect Marth."

"Marth and the 7th platoon": As I recall, every member of the original platoon (basically Luke, Rody, Ryan and Cecil) have a kind of psudo-"final battle quote"

Katarina's battle quote is just "..." I tried attacking her with Marth and MU, but it dosen't change. When defeated, she seems to tell Roro that she's hurt and can't continue. (she says MUs name somewhere too) I think Roro tells everyone to retreat or something.

After the chapter, everyone who won't be returning in chapter 1 says something, like in Lyn's story in FE7. I can understand most of Ogma (I chose him over Draug) and Merrics

Ogma: Well, I have to head off. The king of Talys, Shiida's father, has given me a new mission(? just guessing this word, but it kind of makes sense) I'm heading to Grust. I hope we'll meet again soon, until then, don't get yourself killed.

Merric: I'm returning to the mage academy in Khadein. I owe much thanks to Marth(?) Because, there's someone very important to me...

Oh, and VincentASM was right. After the battle, Cecil asks you a question about her headband. If you say yes MU will remove it. The change won't be visible until the next chapter though.

Chapter 1:

The capter begins with basically the same opening of the original Mystery of the Emblem, explaining how Nyna married Hardin... except that the pictures don't seem to hint at Hardin's corruption as much as the original did. I actually prefer this, it's much better discovering it for yourself in the first chapter. There really aren't many FE games where you start off outright fighting on the wrong side, and discovering it slowly for yourself has more impact, in my opinion.

Before I go into more detail, It's time for my first stat update. I'll probably do one every 5 chapters from now on.

Marth

Level: 7

HP: 27

Str: 8

Mag: 0

Skl: 11

Spd: 11

Luk: 10

Def: 9

Res: 0

Comments: I'm glad they gave him a better base in Skill. I found it was very easy for him to get screwed in that area in SD.

Klingy [Knight MU]

Level: 6

HP: 25

Str: 11

Mag: 1

Skl: 10

Spd: 4

Luk: 5

Def: 13

Comments: I couldn't fit 'BigguKuringi" so this'll have to do. Would have liked a little more Speed, but getting in in 3 out of 5 level ups aint bad. What's odd is he hasn't got Def yet despite a 50% growth. At lest he dosen't need much gains to max it.

Ryan

Level: 5

HP: 21

Str: 8

Skl: 6

Spd: 8

Luk: 4

Def: 7

Comments: I tried to level him up as much as I could in the prologue, so he wouldn't have too much trouble here. Gordin has the lead on him in Strength, but Ryan is winning in speed, which probably matters more for an archer. He's doubling the bandits in this chapter, (while Gordin isn't) which is a good sign.

Luke

Level: 5

Str: 9

Skl: 7

Spd: 8

Luk: 6

Def: 7

Res: 1

Comments: Tried to keep him and Rody even throughout the prologue. But the RNG had other ideas...

Rody

Level 5

Skl: 8

Spd: 9

Res: 1

Coments: Ok, I'll explain. I had to reload P8 from my map save several times (took me a while to find out how to get rid of the headband) and every time, I had Rody kill a thief. On the last attempt, Rody got a really awesome level up, and now he's looking better than Luke in every area. I think Rody's supposed to end up better in the long run, but it shouldn't be showing this early.

I chose Ogma over Draug because I plan on using him, he got one level up, which I think is probably enough. Cecil is still at her base level.

Base convos:

"About the kingdom of Grust": Marth talks about the role of Grust in the preveous war, and there's a flashback to Lorenz talking to Marth. At this point, I don't believe Marth knows he's about to fight him.

"About the expiditionary forces": Jagen tells you about your new members, Gordin and Draug, but most of the conversation is focused on Arran, and he comes in and speaks to MU personally for a bit at the end. I thought this convo was sorely needed, as Arran basically 'appeared' in to original, with no explanastion as to why hes rejoined the Altean knights. I'm not completley sure, but it appears that Arran says he'd rather have MU and the team take on most of the fighting. Yes, the character himself is telling you not to use him!

I got my first support convo, MU and Ryan 1. They talk about Gordin for a bit, and Ryan asks MU is he has any siblings. I presume he dosen't have any. MU then asks Ryan what it's like having siblings. Ryan seems to talk about the rest of his family too, although I couldn't get the exact details.

Now to the chapter itself. It's pretty much the same as the original, except that the thief that comes out of the cave has a line, basically explaining to the player that he'll destroy the village if he reaches it.

Also, according to a villager, Yubello is 4. Yes, 4. I'll repeat: a 4 year old joins your army and fights on the battlefield! He's going to be so messed up when he gets older.

And then there's Lorenz. After his conversation with Marth, you hear the 'finihing blow' sound, and a CG of Marth looking down, somewhat shocked, at a sword sticking out of the ground. I think this still pretty heavily implies that he killed himself, possibly by falling on his sword. (it's a pretty commen form of suicide in mythology, and it's similar to the samurai 'hara-kiri', in fact Lorenz's situation is similar to that of a defeated samurai)

Oh, and Yuminia still threatens to kill herself if you approach her. I thought for a moment they would change that...

After Lang takes the children away, MU enters the conversation. This bit wasn't in the original. Marth and MU want to help the children, but Jagen thinks they shouldn't be too quick to suspect Lang and Hardin, and that they should get to Medon.

Chapter 2:

Pre battle, Jagen tells MU that the Medonian army is famous for its pegasus knights and dracoknights. He mentions the three pegasus sisters who helped in the last war.

Anna then appears out of nowhere, and MU says he recognises her from somewhere. She then proseeds to explain the item-finding-clock system-thing.

First use of that option. Draug got 21 exp. (shame I won't be using him) Gordin found what I believe is the Immortal Axe. (shame I don't have an axe user yet) and Arran seemed to gain friendship points with MU. (shame he sucks) Anyway...

Base Convos:

"About the kingdom of Medon:" Marth explains how Medon's princess Minerva aided them in the preveous war, but had to fight her brother...

[flashback]

Michalis: Come, Minerva!

Minerva: Brother...

He then talks about the pegasus sisters, and how they were at their best when they combined their strengths

[flashback shows each of their triangle attack quotes]

He says that Est stayed behind in Altea, while Palla and Catria returned to Medon, and their current whereabouts are unknown...

"About current status:" Jagen seems to summarise the plot so far. Okay... I think these conversations were meant for those who've taken a long break from the game.

Onto the actual chapter.

Ok, Cord recruitment conversation:

Cord: Hey! Prince Marth!

Marth: You... It's Cord, isn't it! What are you doing out here?

Cord: I heard you were fighting (and came out here as fast as I could? just a guess)

I'm a Talys mercinary. If you were to die, Lady Shiida would cry. Marth, I will fight with you. I will join your army!

Yes, that is his reason for joining. Seriously. At least he actually has a speaking role now.

Will possibly update again once I complete the chapter.

Also, according to a villager, Yubello is 4. Yes, 4. I'll repeat: a 4 year old joins your army and fights on the battlefield! He's going to be so messed up when he gets older.

They say "13, 4 years old", but I'm pretty sure it's their way of saying 13-14 years old.

Not much of an update, but I just started playing a few BS chapters.

BS 1 Yay, Dolph actually has a speaking role now! It actually feels really wierd to see him open his mouth. (something he never did in the original) Admitedly, his only line is to warn Boah and Dyna that enemy soldiers are approaching, but that's better than nothing. And it's certainly better than Macellan, who's 'first word', and possibly only word in the chapter is: "Yes". lol.

I'' try to play these through without much external advice until I figure out a good approach. I tried the 'run into the chest room and form a wall' thing, which worked... until Dolph died to one of those damn mages and the armours rushed in and killed everyone. They're really the only difficalt point of the map, actually. The mages, I mean.

BS 2

This one's actually not too hard, things were goig really well until the armours decided to go 'stacks on Roshea'. (I want to complete each one with no deaths) I did lose the village to the thief on the second turn though, I was focusing on killing the archers. Once they're gone the rest of the enemies fall pretty easily. (Hardin kind of advises you to take this approach in the pre-battle dialogue)

Oh, and one more thing. Don't avoid using Est because she's... uh... Est. After even one level her stats should be equal or better than Catria's in most areas. That and her Ridersbane is great for nuking Cavs and Horsemen. I recommend letting her kill the thieves.

BS 3

Rikard,

and the gang

in:

Thieve's Gang of Justice!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, now I finally know why these guys are all here. Nabarl saves Lena from a generic bandit, and Lena convinces him to let Rikard hire him. Castor just comes in asking for water, seemingly dying of thirst. Rikard helps him, so Castor agrees to join, that and he want to use the money they steal to help his sick mother, as usual.

Oh, and the music here, which I presume is some kind of comical theme, possibly Rikard's, contains the tune of Holy War at some points. Uh, what?

They then have a very wierd conversation inside the palace, which involves Nabarl causing Rikard to burst into tears for some reason. I find that image strangely disturbing.

I can't really say much for the actual gameplay, because I dodn't get very far. Let's just say that Rikard is so awful that a generic thief killed him. Ugh. I was focusing on protecting Lena, but I actually think she can take care of herself better than he can...

Haven't tried BS 4 sereously yet. I actually have a question involving that one, but I should probably post it in a different topic.

One other thing, could someone tell me exactly how you get the downloadable episodes? I presume it works like the 'mystery gift' downloads in the DS Pokemon games. There's an option 'Download' in the wifi menu.

Edited by Big Klingy

Castor is actually a con artist, if you didn't know already.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. I thought his entrance in BS 3 was a little extreme.

So that's what 'swindler from Talys' implied in the original FE3. I'll need to read those FE3 designer's notes again.

EDIT [to avoid double post]

Finished chapters 2 and 3. Had a bit of trouble with Warren, because Catria had to go off chasing the Lady Sword thief. Of course, she wouldn't have had to if she hand't missed with her second javalin attack (it was a 78) She actually missed quite a few attacks with that hit rate throughout the chapter.

So, because Catria took longer than normal getting back, I had to box Warren for a few turns. I'd like to also add that this game suffers from one of the same flaws SD did: Warren will attack and kill Catria if she gets in his range, despite them being old friends. At least it's better than

"Lena… Where are you? What I would give to hear your voice just once before I die…"

"Over here! I'm Lena!"

"What was that, I can't hear you. Die enemy soldier!! [kills Lena]"

The boss, Rumel now just says "I'll show you the terror of the Medonian Dracoknights!", in other words, the "take this, Knight Killer!" part has been omitted since he no longer has one. (in normal at least) On that note, the 'watch out for Ridersbane' house seems to have changed to 'watch out for Dracoknights' Wasn't there one just like that in SD though?

The end is pretty similar, except that when Marth greets Linde, MU asks how he knows her.

Marth: Ah, that's Linde. In the preveous war, she helped us with her magic.

Chapter 3:

MU is training with Jagen in the chapter opening.

Ok, 4 characters got 'clock bonuses' here, but I didn't get any items. Marth got a temporary +2 skill, +2 resistance, Cord gained friendship points with MU, Cecil got a temporary Str +2, Skl +2 and Catria got 11 exp. Those temporary stat boosts are not items, they're just green '+' numbers besides the characters stats for one chapter. The character basically says they're feeling really good today or something.

Note that is was almost exactly 24 hours since I last used the 'clock', and it looked red in the preparations menu. This probably means that's enough to fill the clock gauge.

Base Convos:

"About Julian and Lena": Marth says there are a lot of villages here, and then mentions Julian and Lena (maybe this is where that covenant she went to after SD is?) He tells MU about their exploits in the preveous war, and their escape from bandits

[flashback to SD Chapter 3 opening]

Marth also mentions that Lena has a brother in the Medonian army. MU wonders if that means they'll be seeing him on the battlefield...

I got a lot of support convos here. Luke and MU, Rody and MU, Arran and MU and Luke and Rody. I'll do my best to summarise them.

"Luke and MU 1": MU is training, Luke comes in.

Luke: Hey, [nickname] MU! You're training alone?

Luke then mentions something about wanting to emulate MU's "true atrength" or something. My says his 'true strength' comes from Marth.

Luke wants to train with MU and see who finishes the fastest.

Luke: I too am one of Sir Marth's knights, and for his sake I will become stronger!

"Rody and MU 1": Rody asks why he's here. MU is apparently holding a piece of paper, and Rody asks what it is. Unfortunatly I couldn't really get the rest. What could it have been?

"Arran and MU 1": I had to look up some internet dictionaries for some of the kanji, but I managed to just about translate the whole conversation. This one's pretty interesting.

MU asks Arran to teach him the "path (way) of the knight"

MU: What is the role of a knight? That's something I"ve always wondered. Knight Commander Arran, what do you think? Please tell me.

Arran: (... a bit I couldn't quite get) To teach you my path... ah *cough.

MU: Arran, are you okay?

Arran: That happens often. It's none of your concern.

It's [MU] right? Before I worked for Marth, I used to be a wandering knight. I've worked for two masters, so I can't really teach you the path of the knight...

MU: But, Arran, you have taught me something. The path of a knight is not determined by any one thing. It is something we have inside our own hearts. So, for the sake of finding my own path, I spoke to you...

Arran: However, mny path is only a half one. It's not something I can teach to anyone. I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

This makes me want to keep him in my party a bit longer, I'd really like to see the second and third conversations. Perhaps he'll reveal the reason why he rejoined the Altean knights. It seems a very odd decision considering he

has a terminal illness

Oh, and the mournful paino arrangement of Advance that I mentioned before plays here.

It's getting late where I am, so I'll post the rest later.

Edited by Big Klingy

One other thing, could someone tell me exactly how you get the downloadable episodes? I presume it works like the 'mystery gift' downloads in the DS Pokemon games. There's an option 'Download' in the wifi menu.

Not sure how the DS Pokemon games do it, but you need to go to the Extras menu, Wi-Fi communication (most top right option) and then Download (most bottom right option, but not the most bottom option). Assuming your game manages to connect to a Wi-Fi access point successfully, you should be able to play them from the Additional Bonus option (most bottom left) in the Extras menu.

This makes me want to keep him in my party a bit longer, I'd really like to see the second and third conversations. Perhaps he'll reveal the reason why he rejoined the Altean knights.

I'd like it if you kept him in your party too. I was always interested in what he'd say in his conversations because of

the whole illness thing

Before talking about the actual Chapter 3, I'd like to mention that base convos can be re-viewed after you've seen them, they'll be greyed-out, but you can still select them. (of course, they'll disappear after the chapter ends) You can't do this with support convos, since they disappear after you view them.

I let Linde kill most of the dracos, and she caught up with the rest of the party pretty quickly. (people I'm using are around lv 8-9 now) Her growths are pretty insane now, which is a huge contrast to my recent SD playthrough. (where I had to use a Speedwing on her to stop Medeus from doubling) She's probably one of the biggest benifitors of the removal of weight, since before, Aura was powerful, but hard to double with. Now, I presume she's going to start doubling with it pretty soon, and that'll be scary indeed...

Another thing I noticed, the music that plays when visiting some villages is the same as the battle preparations theme from FE5. I have a feeling it played in SD too...

Ok: the Bord village. I'm pretty sure he's replacing the Silver Axe one from the original. (kind of the reverse of what the original FE3 did to Wrys...)

Marth: You're Bord! Did you also come to Medon?

Bord: Your highness, it's been a while. Have you met Cord already? [Note: he reffers to Cord as 'yatsu' here, which means he's probably saying something insulting. More like "Have you run into that slacker Cord already?"]

We're Talys mercinaries, so we came oyt here to join you. Lady Shiida is our master, so the one who is to become her husband is a very important person to us. [can't get the line after this, but this is all you probably need to know]

He's still got that Hammer, like in SD. Or was it Cord who had it then? I can never tell the two apart. (mostly because I always use Barst instead lol)

Then there's those Dracos on the mountain. On normal at least, the won't move until you attack them, or when you step on a certain 'trigger point' later in the map. (which I believe is the armoury) I had Catria trigger them now for the exp. (and so I wouldn't have to deal with them while trying to get Matthis) The all start going for Linde, who slaughters them and regenerates all the damage she takes. Nosferatu ftw!

One of them drops the game's first Master Seal. Another drops a Silver Lance, which he dosen't have a high enough rank to use, so don't worry. Although this'll probably change in the higher difficulties. (interestingly, neither of these drops seem to be listed on the main site. Maybe they're normal mode only?)

I used unequipped Arran to lure the knights one by one, then lure Matthis. I'm not sure this strategy works on the higher difficulties... Oh, and Matthis tinks base level Arran with a javalin. Probably a result of its nerfing, but it was still pretty funny. And his battle quote seems to be exactly the same as in SD.

In the end, I managed in exactly 24 turns. (although I would have got the sidequest anyway, as no-one died in the prologue) Really, It's about hear that I started feeling the downsides on a Knight MU. On big maps like these I feel the urge to change his name to slowey joey. (props to anyone who gets that reference) By the way, I won't be using any reclassing in this playthrough. That was how I first played SD too.

The ending of the chapter is a lot more epic than I remember it. MU openly rebukes Lang when he starts insulting Marth, and when Marth declares "we will no longer follow your orders", it goes silent, then 'With Heads Held High' from SD plays. One of the cases where a re-used track from the preveous game dosn't feel lazy, it really adds to the atmosphere.

And Jagen is awesome. He basically says "alright Lang, that's it. You, me, outside NOW! I may be old, but that's not going to stop me from kicking your ass!" Remember when I said that I preferred it what Jagen replaced Malladus. Well, this is why.

Although now, Jagen is telling Marth and MU about a mountain in Medon's north. I'm not sure what the significance of it is, but It'll most likely be the location of the sidequest. 3x is next, and payback for that asssasination attempt begins...

I'd like it if you kept him in your party too. I was always interested in what he'd say in his conversations because of

the whole illness thing

I'll try as best as I can, but deployment slots are getting tighter, and I'm planning on using Sirius when he comes. I got the lv 1 convo before chapter 3, which requires 3 points. He'd only been around for 2 chapters, so that 'clock' bonus must have given him 1. Him being in 3 makes his current total 4. The Next convo needs 6, so unsing him up until Sirius will get me that. The next needs 10. Whenever I have a spare deployment slot, I'll take him. Hopefully he'll get there.

Bord was the one who always had the hammer. Apparently on FE wikia, it says that Bord, Cord, and Barst are brothers (I don't know if it's trustworthy though, maybe this information was taken from developers notes). If he's referring to Cord as "that slacker" that makes it sound like they aren't brothers, maybe those 3 probably just know each other becuase they're all from Talys and are not related?

Edited by Axefighter Barst

Bord was the one who always had the hammer. Apparently on FE wikia, it says that Bord, Cord, and Barst are brothers (maybe this information was in developers notes). If he's saying that slacker cord, do those 3 probably just know each other becuase they're all from Talys and are not related?

Bord and Cord I can see. Barst doesn't look like either of them.

(doesn't the Wikia also have some sort of rumor that Tomas and Sedgar are related?)

I'd have to see the original text to be certain, but I'm guessing that it's casual, kind of like how I refer to some of my friends in ways that would get me kicked off of SF.

The Wikia only states about Tomas that, "He bears a resemblance to Sedgar, so much that some fans think they are related." Unconfirmed information there is usually changed or deleted. Anyway Klingy, Barst in chapter 5 can be recruited by Ogma, Bord, and Cord. Can you check to see if the conversations differ in anyway?

The Wikia only states about Tomas that, "He bears a resemblance to Sedgar, so much that some fans think they are related." Unconfirmed information there is usually changed or deleted. Anyway Klingy, Barst in chapter 5 can be recruited by Ogma, Bord, and Cord. Can you check to see if the conversations differ in anyway?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep a save before that chapter and try recruiting him with all 3.

EDIT: Another update.

I downloaded the bonus chapters today. I haven't completed any of them yet, but I have got a general feel for them. Ok:

DL 1: This seems to focus on the attempt to recapture Khadein. Judging by the dragons and bandits on the map, it seems to have fallen into the hands of the Fire Tribe. Before the chapter begins, Merric and the others discuss the reprecussions of Gharnef being gone. Elleren dosen't see how it changes anything. Linde is quite the opposite:

Linde: Now that Gharnef is dead, all the world's calamities will be over.

Merric: Linde, are you sure this is okay? Shouldn't you be with Nyna?

Linde: Don't mention it. I'm a mage too you know [...] and you guys are my friends, right? I's only natural to help out your friends.

Etzel then comes in and says he too is a member of the Khadein academy, and wants to use his strength to help it.

The music here is the first map theme from SD. Elleren has the Aries shard like in the main story, and Linde is at the level she joins at, but dosen't have Nosferatu. Merric has a pure water for some reason and Etzel has Blizzard and a Heal staff. He's your only healer, so its a good thing he's got the best HP and Def out of the mages.

Feena and Michalis join at the end of turn 2. Unfortunatly, my Japanese isn't really good enough to understand exactly why they're here. But I dow know that Michalis is awesome. He's got some of the best bases I've ever seen on a pre-promote, and he's still got a fair amount of potential level ups. He pretty much one rounds everything on the map. Keek him near Feena for the first turn they arrive however, since reinforcements spawn all around her and she'll die without his support. After that, feel free to let him go crazy.

Now, in the DL chapters, all of your characters say something the first time they get into a battle. (kind of as if they were bosses. I believe the secret characters in FE6 did that too) Here are the ones for this chapter

Merric: [closed eyes] ............

Linde: I won't lose. For the sake of my friends.

Elleren: Merric, right. Just watch. This is my magic!

Etzel: Fighting isn't in my character but... I will use my strength for the sake of Khadein.

Michalis: Fuck off. You bastards aren't even my enemy.

(well, that's google translator on he first line, but I think it's pretty much what he actually says. I recond it'll be changed to something like 'get out of my sight' in the english version. Remember that swear words aren't as offensive in Japan)

Feena: Kya, Kyaaaaah! I, I hate fighting!

DL 2:

This one follows one of the assasins' missions shortly after the first war. It seems that their target is the soothsires. (Katarina mentions them and the samsooth mountain in dialogue) After Kleine talks about Eremiya's orders (only kill one person? dosen't really make sense) Roro enters the scene.

Katarina: Roro, are you all sure about this. [she refers to him in plural]

Roro: Yokiki. Whatever's good with Aine and Kleine is good with me.

Roro Clone 1: Me too.

Roro Clone 2: Me too, Me too.

Katarina: I understand. Okay, let's begin.

Kleine says something about not separating just yet. I think the dosen't think Katarina/Aine is qualified to give them the order to depart.

Kleine: Aine, Roro, Let's go. Carry out Eremiya's orders!

It's geting late again, so I'll add the rest tomorrow. For the moment, here's the attack dialogue.

Katarina: ......

Kleine: Hey trash, think it's good to be alive?

Roro: Yokiki. You, me (uh... can't quite get the next bit. It's ore to yarou. I know yarou oftem means 'bastard' or something, but why is he saying 'with me' beforehand...)

[Also note: Only the real Roro, the one with the Immortal Axe, has battle and death quotes]

Athena: Ve... vill not forgive... villains.

(kinda ironic considering who shows up next...)

Eremiya: Now... be terrified. [note: she uses two different kanji for fear and puts them togeather, meaning it's pretty strong. Creepy)

Gharnef: Fwofwofwo. I'll teach you fools... the meaning of despair.

EDIT: Ok, Katarina is really, really good here. She has great offecnce and is a great healer to boot. Kleine is pretty powerful too. The Roro's are mainly useful if you need more manpower. I find their Hand Axes have really crappy accuracy, especialy against thieves, so I only use them when I really need to.

Athena joins at the beginning of turn 2.

Athena: This is the hideout of those children-stealing bandits.

Ve vill not allow them to make people suffer.

She has a Silver Sword, Wo Dao and Strength and Defence potions. She can also skeak to Katarina and Kleine.

Katarina: You are...?

Athena: Athena, ve are called Athena. Ve came here to help these people.

Katarina: The sword fighter Athena... the one who aided Marth in the preveous war...

Athena: ?, Have ve, met before?

Katarina: No, pay it no mind.

It seems Katarina has done a lot of reasearch on Marth and those connected to him. Even in the prologue she goes all Pokedex-like whenever a character from the preveous game appears. And in this chapter's opening, she recounts a lot of information about the Soothsires. My guess is that, amoung the assasins, her role is to gather intelegence on their targets.

For Kleine and Athena, Athena says she came to help the children, and assumes that's why the others are here too. Kleine dosen't seem to give an obvious response.

Once you get into range of the two Heroes at the top, a huge amount of reinforcements spawns from the top and bottom of the map. On the turn after this, Eremiya and Gharnef join. As you may have noticed, he has a very wierd laugh now.

Also, after the reinforecements trigger, Katarina can talk to Kleine. (this isn't available before)

Katarina: Kleine, are you okay?

Kleine: Perfectly normal. (the rest seems to imply, why would you ask such a thing)

Katarina: Because... we're sisters, right. [note: she certainly means adoptive sister here. Eremiya also reffers to the assasins as her 'children']

Kleine: Those words make me want to kill a lot more. [leaves] (I think that's pretty close to what she's saying)

Katarina: Kleine?!

It's pretty sad that the only person she has a sisterly relationship with is borderline psycopathic.

Oh, and I've only seen a bit of her dialogue, but Eremiya is pretty creepy. She seems very much like a Dahlia Hawthorne kind of charcter.

Ok, on to:

DL 3:

Holy crap this is epic. You don't even need to understand what they're saying to get that feeling.

Bord: Crap, what'll we do? I regret to say this, but we can't win this on our own.

Cord: Damn, this bad. We'll have to manage until Capain Ogma gets back.

Bord: Yes, but, where is the captain? According to the plan, shouldn’t he have met up with us by now?

Cord: I don't get it! I don't think there's any enemy who could hold him up...

[cut to Ogma in an epic standoff with Nabarl, while 'the proud commander' plays. EPIC]

Ogma: Nabarl.

Nabarl: ...

Ogma says how he didn't think he'd be bought out so easily, since they fought togeather under Marth.

Their conversation revolves around what 'purpose' they use their swords for. I believe thar's the title of the chapter, actually.

Nabarl: Stop pretending to be a decent man. When it comes down to it(?) You and I are the same... Nothing's changed.

Ogma: ... Sorry, You and I are different. I fight for others, that is my purpose.

Nabarl: Enough talk. Draw.

You say we are diffrent... You'll die here.

Wow... just, wow. Anyway, I havent played mych of it, but here are some general notes, and the battle quotes. Oh, and the music is 'for liberty' from SD. This may well be one of my favourite moments in the series.

Ok, Ogma recruits Malice, but he'll likely take a hit from her before getting the chance. Neither is capable of killing eachother though. It seems he helped out her father in the past.

Ogma vs Nabarl (uses SD boss theme)

Ogma: Ah,

Nabarl: You've become sluggish. Is it because the war is over... or is it because of her? 

If that woman was killed... would you go back to your real self?

Ogma: You!

Nabarl: Fight. Or else... die.

Shiida recruits Nabarl:

Shiida: Nabarl, wait. Sheath your sword.

Nabarl: ... You again? (...)

Shiida basically says she dosen't want to see either of them die.

Shiida: You and Ogma... both fought togeather as comrades didn't you? Comrades don't kill eachother!

Nabarl seems to remark that Shiida is a changed women. Now that I think about it, this chapter seems like a re-enactment of second episode of the FE anime, with Ogma and Nabarl fighting and Shiida having to stop them. (od course, the anime was set during chapter 3 of SD, but the scene was very similar to this)

Battle quotes:

Bord: I'm Captain Ogma's protege Bord. You'd better remember it!

Cord: Captain Ogma's protege Cord, that's me!

Malice: I'm Malice, Malice the mercinary. Remember it!

Shiida: Out of the way! I won't let Ogma die!

Norne: Sir Marth gave my this duty, I will fulfil it!

Nabarl: ...

I'll add Dice's quote when I get far enough to recruit him.

Also, I completed BS1 yesterday. My score was:

Total: 458

Don't know axactly how good that is...

Does anybody have translations of the different categories? Obviously one of them is Speed. I wonder if one of them relates to the total number of level ups, it would certainly make sense. Enemies killed is another likely option. I know I got Dolph and Macellan a few level-ups. Macellan's growths are insane, by the way. If he joined at this level in the main story ( and earlier of course) he'd probably be the best armour in the series.

Edited by Big Klingy

Also, I completed BS1 yesterday. My score was:

Total: 458

Don't know axactly how good that is...

Does anybody have translations of the different categories? Obviously one of them is Speed. I wonder if one of them relates to the total number of level ups, it would certainly make sense. Enemies killed is another likely option. I know I got Dolph and Macellan a few level-ups. Macellan's growths are insane, by the way. If he joined at this level in the main story ( and earlier of course) he'd probably be the best armour in the series.

If the calculations are anything like based on the original BS Fire Emblem, you'd get scores for killing enemies/the boss, collecting treasure chests/items, completing a specific objective (mostly this applies to getting Nyna to escape in BS4) and keeping your units alive. Speed would be a change from that, considering the original BSFEs ran for a completely pre-set time which could not be changed, and thus wouldn't have a speed ranking.

Anyway, nice work so far on the translating. If you ever want to get around to it, could you compare the see the transcripts over in the old BSFE sticky thread:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8989

Namely, the Japaanese scripts on the site, and compare them with how the script appears in Shin Monshou, perhaps checking for changes? From what I've heard of your playing so far, it doesn't sound like they've deviated that much, but I would like to make note of such changes in potential translation script revisions.

OK, after getting sidetracked a bit, I'm back to the main story. Just a side note: I WILL be getting Ogma and Nabarl's supports. I'm betting they end up fighting for a bit in one of them...

Chapter 3x:

No really interesting base convos here. As for the 'clock' option: Luke got 18 exp, Palla gain friendship with MU, Rody got +2 str and spd, and Gordin got +2 mag and res. (I lol'd at that. Possibly the most usless bonus for him. There are no mages on the map btw.)

As for story, but the way Katarina says "The Altean Army is coming", I presume the assasins have set a trap. Perhaps Jagen was saying 'the mountains north of Medon would be the quickest route to [wherever Ogma is], and it seems the assasins anticipated this.

Kleine taunts Katarina for her foolishness in making friends with the group she was trying to infiltrate. Translator's note, she uses the phrase "guzu" a lot. I know it oftem means 'slowcoach' or 'bludger', but in this context I think it probably means either 'wimp', 'weakling' or more likely 'failure'.

Katarina warns Kleine that MU and co are strong. Kleine disregards this, because it's the opinion of a failure who made friends with the people she was trying to kill.

Note on the music here. "One who carves a new light" is often reffered to as 'Prologue map theme 2'. I don't think this is quite correct, as it only plays in one chapter i the prologue. I think it's more accuratly the 'sidequest theme', although I'd even go so far to call it 'MU's theme' (in the same way Eternal Bond is like Ike's theme)

On to the chapter itself... wow that was short and easy. It was really all a bunch of pathetic Armours, which, but the way, MU is doubling now, which is a good sign. And Kleine actually leaves the sieze spot completley open when she runs away like a coward. Oh well... this chapter was really just a 'boss preview' anyway.

And an excuse to re-recruit Wrys. Uh... yeah. I said no to shaving MU's head, obviously.

Afterwards, Katarina basically does a 'told you so' to Kleine. Eremiya's name is also mentioned, for the first time officially.

Ok... on to

Chapter 4:

The opening CG is awesome.

Lots of supports here. I'll go through them.

Marth and MU 1: Ironically, I can't understand any of this.

Ryan and MU 2: I'm pretty sure I got this last chapter, but forgot about it. Anyway, Ryan says that his parents would like to have a girl. He thinks having a sister would be good. MU again says it must be good having siblings, and says that if he had a younger brother, he'd like them to be like Ryan. Although then Ryan says he would be happy with either a boy or a girl. He actually uses the phrase 'three brothers' at one point.

Which makes me think, what if there was a continuation of the Arkania saga, where Gordin had Jeorge's role, Ryan was older and they had another sibling... and the three could do the triangle attack? Certainly sounds plausable. (Wonder if IS is trying to turn the 'three brothers' into an archtype. Unlikely, but still.)

Oh and this convo uses a soft arrangement of 'new journey'. I forgot to mention that it played earlier, when MU speaks to Elice after one of the prologue chapters.

Mallisa and MU 1: Ok... this one is really wierd. Mallisa and MU introduce themselves, and then she asks him about Marth, calling him "my prince". She then fantacizes about marrying him, mentioning that her grandmother urges her to marry a good man. It gets wierder. She starts 'practicing' "married couple talk" like "you look pretty" and "stop it, you're embarresing me..."

Ok, dosen't she realise his is already engaged??? My god, if Shiida overheard this... Mallisa, be thankful she dosen't join until the end of this chapter...

Catria and MU 1: Well, they basically complement eachother on their fighting styles. Not much else of note.

The chapter is similar to how I remember it, but for some reason the battle sprites are blurred a little when attacking on the sand. I'm guessing they're using the desert tiles here, and that's supposed to be heat haze, but it is a bit odd considering it's a beach. It must be really freaking hot here.

'Conspiracy' plays when Ogma talks to Sirius. I believe this is actually the first time it's played. In the original, it played during Lorenz's dialogue in Chapter 1, but that's been replaced with 'the Proud Commander' [which I will say is a little overused in this game] I think this remix was pretty well done. All the event themes are pretty well done except... [warning, rant incoming] why 'off to war', WHY?? It was one of the best tracks in the original, and one of the best event themes in the series One of the base convo themes contains a bit of a violin arrangement of 'off to war' and it sounds great. Why didn't they take that approach to the real version of it? Makes me think that guy who did the rest of the music was away sick one day, and they just game the job of that one track to some random.

Anyway... the rest of the chapter was basically Ogma being awesome. Dodging everything and getting amazing level ups.

Oh, Gail gets a line he didn't have in the original, I think he's calling for reinforcements or something.

Oh crap. I literally just realised while typing this that I forgot Castor's village. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHGHH!!!! Thankfully, I still have a map save. Will update with Chapter 5, and a stat update, later.

Edited by Big Klingy

Just a side note: I WILL be getting Ogma and Nabarl's supports. I'm betting they end up fighting for a bit in one of them...

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly or the information on Serenes Forest is incomplete or incorrect, they don't have conversations. The conversations, in general, don't really appear to be support conversations as, while the characters can generally only chat with those that have a support with, the conversations don't generally come as the same rates as the supports and not all characters who support have conversations.

Mallisa and MU 1: Ok... this one is really wierd. Mallisa and MU introduce themselves, and then she asks him about Marth, calling him "my prince". She then fantacizes about marrying him, mentioning that her grandmother urges her to marry a good man. It gets wierder. She starts 'practicing' "married couple talk" like "you look pretty" and "stop it, you're embarresing me..."

Ok, dosen't she realise his is already engaged??? My god, if Shiida overheard this... Mallisa, be thankful she dosen't join until the end of this chapter...

Malliesia always appeared to have a crush on Marth. :P And Caeda and Malliesia do have conversations where this point comes up some.

I hate to ask for a favor, but I'll go ahead anyway and you can just tell me to go away if I'm being irritating. Would you be willing to get Cain's My Unit conversations and Abel's My Unit conversations. I'm really curious about them. As I said though, just tell me to go away if I'm being annoying. I'm sorry.

Thank you for posting the translations and dialogue recaps. I very much appreciate it. ^_^

Edited by PenandPaper71

I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean any offense. I didn't see any harm in just asking. Forget that I asked anything. -_- I won't talk anymore. I don't want to upset anyone.

It's okay, you don't need to feel bad about it. This is my playthrough, and I won't be taking requests, but that dosen't mean I won't consider them for future playthroughs. I don't know about Cain, but I certainly will be using Abel in my 'pre-promotes only' playthrough. (planned for after this one)

Malliesia always appeared to have a crush on Marth. :P And Caeda and Malliesia do have conversations where this point comes up some.

I knew she had a crush on Marth, just not that big of a crush...

Oh, and about Ogma and Nabarl's conversations, I believe I once read that they had them on the site. Oh well, at least Nabarl and Feena have them. And the 3rd dowloadable episode was pretty epic.

Chapter 5:

Jagen and MU talk about having to fight Akaneia.

I reloaded mu map save and got Castor. And I'm glad I did, because I wouldn't have wanted to miss that Killer Bow.

The arena is available now. Which is good, because I had a lot of people just off leveling up. Time for some resetting methinks...

Oh crap, this was bound to happen eventually. Sirius got critted by a 1%.

Clock bonuses:

Julian: +2 str and def [pretty good, seeing as I need to deploy him. Just the right stats too]

Catria: +30 exp

Bord: +2 mag, +2 spd

Cord: +friendship

Yuminia: +24 exp

Five characters now. I think it's based on the number of people you have. Oh, and resetting dosen't change who gets the bonuses. There seems to be some kind of set random order.

Base convos:

About Rikard: Julian tells you to watch out for his 弟分. (translation: "friend treated as younger brother". Yup, that sums it up pretty well)

About Barst: MU asks Ogma if there's something on his mind. He says it's about a man called Barst.

Ogma: He's juat like me. A mercenary who fights for the king of Talys and Lady Shiida.

He remembers him being in Akaneia at the end of the last war. MU asks him if he would be with the Akaneian army.

Ogma: If we were to meet Barst... I will speak to him. Leave it to me.

I got a few more support conversations to. First, here's one many have been anticipating:

Arran and MU 2:

Arran: Cough... Guh! [wheeze] (collapses)

MU: Sir Arran!? Your body...! Hold on! Someone! Sir Arran is...!

Arran: Wait... Please... don't speak of this to anyone.

MU: But... your condition!

Arran: Between wars... I fell to illness. But, for my honour as a knight, I will see this war through to the end. So that... I have no regrets.

MU: Sir Arran... why do you have to go this far?

Arran: Earlier, you asked me: what is the path of the knight...

I have been wandering in search of that path for some time... This war, is my path.

MU: Sir Arran...

Arran: My path is to sacrifice myself, for my knight's honour. MU, please. You too are a knight, you should understand.

MU: I understand. If that is your resolution, I won't stop you.

Woah... And this isn't even the final convo...

MU and Linde 1: MU introduces himself. Linde introduces herself as Pontifex Miolah's daughter. MU dosen't seem to know him, which surprises her. He says it was probably because he was from a country village.

Linde: In Akaneia's palace, there's not a single person who dosen't know him.

MU says he would like to meet him and Linde tells him he was killed by Gharnef.

MU: Ah... I'm sorry.

Linde then asks him about his family.

MU: I only had my father but... he passed away recently.

Note: this confirms that MU's father is dead by the time of the main story even if you don't choose orphan. Interesting.

I' only able to fully translate a few convos, so I choose the ones I find most interesting. For those that I do, I will translate all three. So here's:

Ogma and MU 1:

MU: Sir Ogma. [note: MU tends to use the suffix 'dono' for everyone. It tends to mean sir, often used by knights, and is quite formal. Cartia even tells him not to call her that since they're friends]

Ogma: MU, isn't it. What brings you. (unsure)

MU: I have a request. Your fighting technique... I would like to learn it.

Ogma: I'm not sure. You're a knight, aren't you? What do you seek to learn from a mere mercenary?

MU: You were one of the heroes of the last war. And just then, you single handedly protected Princess Yuminia and Prince Yubello against hoardes of enemies. [kinda guessing here, but I think this is accurate] I don't believe you're just a 'mere mercenary.'

Ogma: I'm sorry, you'll have to ask someone else. I'm not someone who can teah anything to anyone. I'm a man who can only fight.

MU: Well... fighting is what I hope for. Could I request a one-to-one bout? [note: that seems uncharacteristicly polite for something like that. Well, that's Japanese for you]

Ogma: What?

MU: My father once told me, the best way to know others is through battle. The techniques of others, and their true nature... in a fight, these become fully understandable.

Ogma: I see...

Your father's right. But... do you really understant what you're asking? You're joking, right?

MU: I am prepared.

Ogma: That's good. Come.

I got convos with Wrys and Cord too, but I couldn't understand much. Cord seems to discuss manliness.

With that done, I think it's about time for another stat update!

Marth

Lv: 10

HP: 30

Spd: 13

Luk: 12

Comments: Loving his new growths.

Klingy (MU)

HP: 27

Str: 13

Mag: 3

Spd: 6

Def: 15

Comments: I resetted in the arena until he got a level up with def and speed. Once he gains a bit more speed he'll start going into uber territory.

Ryan

HP: 24

Str: 10

Skl: 10

Spd: 10

Def: 8

Comments: Now we're getting somewhere. Starting to consistantly double now, with decent strength. Oh, and I'm ginving him the Tauros shard for now. Working pretty well.

Catria

HP: 26

Mag: 2

Skl: 12

Spd: 17

Luk: 13

Def: 10

Res: 6

Comments: Just as overpowered as ever. I used her in my most recent playthrough of SD, and she was pretty amazing too. (basically Shiida but with slightly less skill and speed and a lot more defence) Of course here, she's much the same... but joins in the second chapter. Yeah, one of the strongest characters in the series, easily.

Linde

HP: 20

Str: 0

Mag: 8

Skl: 8

Spd: 12

Luk: 14

Def: 3

Res: 4

Comments: Much better than in SD. Her growths in skill and speed have nearly doubled, and she really benefits from the removal of weight. Her pitiful HP is her only real weakness at this point.

Mallisa

Lv: 3

HP: 17

Str: 0

Mag: 3

Skl: 2

Spd: 5

Luk: 13

Def: 1

Res: 6

Comments: Her stats aren't what make her useful. Unfortunatly, I feel I may drop her once Linde promotes. Deployment slots are tight in this game.

Ogma

HP: 30

Skl: 16

Spd: 15

Luk: 8

Comments: Pretty good, but I kind of preffered the version I had back when I forgot Castor, where he had 10 defence. Oh well. Maybe he'll max more stuff than he did back in SD.

Sirius

Lv: 3

HP: 29

Str: 14

Mag: 1

Skl: 14

Spd: 14

Luk: 5

Def: 12

Res: 7

Comments: Leveling him in the arena for now so he dosen't steal too much exp. (he gets, like, 12 from Thieves where everyone else gets about 40) I was a little disappointed with his bases, but after his awesome growths kicked in that feeling was gone. I had several variations on his stats, but in the end I decided to go with this. He's pretty much the Wolfguard of this game, but with slightly less broken growths, but better bases.

Finally, since It's been requested, I'll post Barst's recruitment conversations:

With Ogma:

Ogma: It's been a while, Barst.

Barst: Ah, Captain Ogma! What are you...

Ogma: War has broke out again. I've joined Prince Marth's army.

Barst, lend us your strength. We need it.

Barst: I'm against war... but If one of my fellows says so...

Captain, I owe you a lot. [note: how I'd translate 'benefactor' in this context) You saved my life many times in the past. [i think that's what he means]

I understand, Captain Ogma. Tell me anything you want. I'll follow your orders wherever they take me!

With Bord:

Bord: Barst! What're you doing here!

Barst: Oh, Bord right? It's been a while.

I'm against war. Now I'm simply a lumberjack.

Bord: You're talking crazy. Don't you know? Prince Marth is fighting again. You're a disgrace to the Talys mercinaries, am I wrong?

Barst: ... I'd just like to live quietly but... For this war, a can't really take it easy as a woodcutter, so, hell, I may as well finish it.

Bord: All right Barst!

Barst: Right, count me in. Go tell Marth.

With Cord:

Cord: Barst! What're you doing here!?

Barst: Oh, it's Bord right? It's been a while.

Cord: I'm not Bord! I'm Cord! You said you'd remember!

Barst: I was joking, sorry. Cord, I think this'll bring trouble for me, but...

[the rest of the conversation is that same as for Bord]

Ogma's one is interesting... but I thought Barst became a pirate? The SD ending did say 'by some accounts' though. The fact that he briefly enlisted in the Akaneian army is referenced in the "about Barst" info conversation.

Slight Edit:

Kinda unrelated, but here's Dice's battle quote from DL chapter 3

Dice: The mercenary Dice, that's me. I'll do this once more!

[i think he's implying that he hasn't fought in a while]

Edited by Big Klingy

Alright I guess those conversations confirm that they aren't brothers(or Barst isn't at least), it seems someone at FE wikia got the backstory of the axe trio possibly mixed up with the whitewing sisters. Though if you look at the original FE3 artwork, Cord and Bord look pretty similar. I'm wondering, are you going to use Barst at all during your playthrough?

Edited by Axefighter Barst