BigKling's Playthrough Notes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, do I dislike Eremiya with a passion!

This REALLY reminds me of Horace's scenes (without the crying, of course).

Yeah, I actually thought so too.

Wow... deep.

*makes mental note to overkill Eremiya as much as possible when I reach that stage*

That's the feeling I had too. Seriously, she's one of the most downright creepy villains in the series.

The way she speaks adds to this, she often uses the なさい (nasai) suffix, which is a condesending command form usually used when speaking to pets. (actually, it used to be used when adressing children too, but that's slowly falling out of use now) Granted, depending on the context, the suffix can be seen as cute, but in her case I'm sure it's meant to sound condesending and really, really creepy.

On FE wikia's page about Eremiya "Originally she was the caretaker of an orphanage and witnessed the orphans die in the flames of war. During her most vulnerable moment, Gharnef put a spell on her to erase her memories and made her train new orphans into assassins." By 20x you'll most likely be able to confirm this. I did hear that Eremyia has a special conversation with Katarina if they fight(like all other boss battles, it only happens the first time).

Edited by Axefighter Barst

Ninja'd by Axefighter Barst, so this seems pretty repitive. :|

Eremiya has just rocketed to my favorite boss. Possibly ever. :wub: I wouldn't kill her if I she wasn't on the throne.

I think that it would be redundant of me to request that you translate Eremiya's quotes, so can I instead request you translate Minerva's 'About Maria' talk before the endgame?

I do think there is something else in Eremiya's character that's going to twist her meaning at the last moment. An enemy can't smile like that an be so evil. There's probably some sort of spell/threat she's living under.

Edited by Maria's bro

I do think there is something else in Eremiya's character that's going to twist her meaning at the last moment. An enemy can't smile like that an be so evil. There's probably some sort of spell/threat she's living under.

I dunno, I think this is lapsing into 'beautiful people have beautiful personalities' territory. 'Sides, Sonia smiled, and look what happened to her? WE FUCKING GIBBED HER, AND FELT GOOD FOR IT.

Thanks for the info about Eremiya, although I would've preffered you put it in spoiler tags. Anyway, that makes me want to translate that chapter even more.

Chapter 17:

Pre-preparations, Jagen says there used to be lots of armoured soldiers in the Gra army, and that the previous king, Jiol, was a General. I think this is a lead up to him judging MU on his defence stat.

I guess its time for another stat update.

Marth

Lv: 25

HP: 43

Str: 22

Mag: 0

Skl: 17

Spd: 21

Luk: 26

Def: 13

Res: 1

Comments: Looking pretty likely he'll cap Str, Spd and Luk.

Klingy(MU)

Lv: 8

HP: 54

Str: 25

Mag: 5

Skl: 25 (max)

Spd: 21 (max)

Luk: 13

Def: 27

Res: 4

Comments: It's about now I'm realising his broken-ness. And he's not even halfway through his levels...

Barst

HP: 54

Str: 27

Skl: 26 (max)

Spd: 24 (max)

Luk: 21

Def: 15

Comments: Wow. Shame the warrior speed cap is so low though. On the higher difficulties he'll probably need reclassing. But he dose have some exellent options there.

Linde

HP: 38

Str: 3

Mag: 16

Skl: 22

Spd: 25 (max)

Luk: 26

Def: 4

Res: 9

Comments: Magic is a little low, but other than that, very good. Her staff rank's now high enough to use Psysic.

Nabarl

HP: 46

Str: 21

Skl: 25

Spd: 28

Luk: 17

Def: 16

Comments: Is it just me or am I getting a little Luck screwed with him? Still, great stats by SM standards. His Defence is actually somewhat-high in this regard.

Feena

Lv: 19

HP: 25

Str: 13

Skl: 16

Spd: 25 (max)

Luk: 24

Def: 6

Comments: Needed a better Speed cap.

Ryan

HP: 46

Str: 22

Mag: 1

Skl: 28

Spd: 26

Luk: 8

Def: 15

Res: 3

Comments: Very good. Glad he got 2nd in Best green haired Archer, I feel he deserves it. Sure, he has a horrible time mid-game before he promotes, but he's amazing after that, and he has useful utility in the prologue.

Ogma

HP: 53

Str: 25 (max)

Skl: 26

Spd: 26 (max)

Luk: 19

Def: 17

Res: 3

Comments: He was never this good in SD, not even at 20/20.

Catria

HP: 44

Str: 21

Skl: 25

Spd: 23 (max)

Luk: 24

Def: 18

Comments: Now that's more like it! (but I remember her having more def in SD...)

Sirius

Lv: 14

HP: 39

Str: 23

Skl: 22

Spd: 22

Luk: 10

Def: 17

Res: 7

Comments: Just realised that his HP is a little low, this seems to be a general feature of pre-promotes. But his res is pretty high though.

Everyone's Conditions:

Sirius: +Mag and Res

Wendell: +friendship

Frey: +friendship

Shiida: found Stamina drink

A new theme plays when Samson and Sheema talk in the intro. I think this is "Destiny".

Tomas is in the village closest to your starting position. Marth can even reach it in the first turn.

Tomas: Prince Marth, I have been awaiting you.

I'm Tomas. I was a former Akaniean soldier, but now, I've left the army.

In this land, the Akaniean Army is sacrificing the non-fighting Gra soldiers as bait.

The brutality of my former homeland... I can no longer ignore it.

Prince, I beg of you. Please, allow me to fight alongside you.

Hmm... I don't think Tomas is from Gra, but it seems he was a member of Akaniean occupation forces there, and left once he witnessed the brutal treatment of Gra's citizens.

There's more Warriors here.

As for recruiting Samson and Sheema, I was able to use Feena to get Marth to Sheema in one turn, then have her talk to Samson without having to deal with him suiciding himself.

At the end of the chapter, Marth asks MU what would be the best route to Hardin, and he says they should go through the mountains.

The Frost recruitment conversation is purely between him and MU. Interesting.

Chapter 18:

The chapter opening CG features the Wolfguard. It's awesome.

About the Wolfguard: Jagen basically explain them to MU, basically boiling down to the fact that they would all die for Hardin.

And...... as I saw coming about 10 chapters back, the Wolfguard use "The Proud Commander". I will say, however, that this is one of the few cases in this game where I think it fits very well.

Now, this surprised me, after the Wolfguard intro, Jagen and Marth talk, and he points out the fact that the king of Aurelis is in the nearby village! Then again, missing that village means missing the 'good ending', and it's the only one of the spheres that's location wasn't hinted at at all in the original. So I guess this was to be expected.

As some people may know already, Wolf uses a boss theme, but the other 3 don't. The generic General on the castle dosen't either. The aformentioned General drops a Master Seal

Rather odd thing though... those Draco reinforcements I remember so [sarcasm]fondly[/sarcasm]... never appeared. At all. Not even a single reinforcement. This rendereed the chapter so easy I swept the map in only a few turns.

I will mention though, that before the Wolfguard retreat, they will send in reinforcements (Paladins and Horsemen) every turn. Though my preferred method is to use Feena and the Again staff to get Marth to the village in one turn.

In the rom disposition files for chapter 18, there's data for dracoknights with a code suggesting that they only appear on lunatic.

I'm wondering what's Frost doing in Gra when he's a bishop from Macedon?

Edited by Axefighter Barst

Oh, thank you!

Seems like my characterization's sort of in the right direction. Assuming this game hops the ocean, I'll do a massive favoritism run, and get the supports of everyone I like!

Chapter 19

Here it is, the infamous "Reinforcement Hell" chapter. Of course, it also features the Wolfguard recruitment chain, and that's the thing I'm most interested in.

Note that all the Wolfguard recruitment conversations have already been translated by someone else, and pretty well too. You can find them here: http://shimizu-hitomi.livejournal.com/399030.html

Because of that, I thought I wouldn't translate these, but I will do the Roshe village, because it's been changed slightly to reflect the fact that he now starts the chain.

First:

Everyone's conditions:

Palla: Elixer

Catria: Camus' Lance (oh hell yeah! And right before Hardin too...)

Elleren: +24 exp

Sheema: +str and spd

Xane: Obtuse Sword

I got Julian and MU 3 here too. MU wonders whether training Julian to fight may not be what Lena would want. He says he wants to meet her someday.

Ok, now on to the actual chapter.

Roshea recruitment:

Roshea: Prince Marth, I am Roshea of the Aurelis knights.

I have the king's premission to be here, and await your highness's orders.

I am truly sorry for the battle at the pass.

To apologise to you, I will join and fight alongside your army.

But... the other members of the Wolfgrard all still support the Akaneian Army.

I don't think you could persuade them.

At least Vyland could...

Vyland may let heed my words...

So yeah, it's basically the same, but with an extra bit at the end.

Vyland appears at the end of turn 4 enemy phase OR when you recruit Roshea. (whichever occurs first)

I did translate Vyland's appearence dialogue, but didn't realise Hitomi had dome that too. I think I preffer his version.

I can comfirm that Wolf does indeed have Matthis syndrome. Although, it this case, I actually think it's perfectly in-character.

Now, I spent several turns waiting for more reinforcements, (I wanted to abuse them lol) but nothing happened. For about 5 turns. I think its safe to say that there's only one wave on Normal.

I still lol at Boah's death. The Wolfguard and even Michalis all escape their former fates, but no, still no recruitment for mr "growths-so-bad-they're-used-to-test-clock-abuse (i.e. if it works for him it'll work for anybody)".

Chapter 20

Finally here...

Now, Jagen actually reminds you twice to equip the Lightsphere. Once pre-base, like in the original, and once again in a base conversation. Kind of understandable, since forgetting it will literally render the chapter unwinnable, but still... he really shoves the massage down your throat.

Everyone's conditions:

Samson: +13 exp

Cecil: +mag and luk

Abel: Hit Axe

Gordin: Speed Potion

I thought now would be a good time to remove the weapons from 'free silvers' characters. (they provide you with so much that buying weapons is really unnecissary, unless it's rare ones from Secret Shops)

However... I filled up the convoy. Wow, I don't think that's ever happened to me in an FE game before! So I sold lots of uneeded stuff. (I realised I went really overboard on the Silver Bows, Ryan has way more than enough to last until the end of the game, and I haven't even touched the Parthia yet...)

Now have over 20000 gold. Hmm... should I spend it on forges or the arena...

Now, here's a bit of a surprise. I realised a few chapters ago that I still had the Bond Drop. In case you don't know, it has the added effect of maxing a character's friendship points with MU, meaining you get all 3 support conversations. (all at once too! You can view all 3 in one chapter)

At first, I considered taking a vote on who to give it to... but then I read eclipse's post before about a faouritism run, and thought. Oh what the heck, I'm using it on DOLPH!

I am, however, now going to translate all 3 at once, I'll leave them for separate chapters. So heres...

Dolph and MU 1:

Dolph: Nice, very nice!

Today's meal too, is splendid!

MU: Sir Dolph, the meal should have ended earlier.

Dolph: Nugh, are you* sure...

[note the 'you' he says here is actually 'kisama', but with 'dono' [form of address used by knights, kind of like 'sir'] instead of 'sama', so it's presumably somewhat rude]

MU: It's MU. [note: this sound pretty wierd in english, but it makes sense in the context of Japanese. MU as asking to be called by name, rather than just 'you'. In Japanese, it's polite to address someone by name, even if you're talking directly to them. Just saying 'you', especially this form of it, can sound rude]

Dolph: Aah, finally!

I saw it, your activity earlier was great!

MU: Don't feel bad for praising my fighting. (note: I presume this is kind of a set phrase for responding to praise, which is very strict in Japanese]

Dolph: What are you saying!

I mean't eating.

MU: Eating?

Dolph: Indeed. At the last mean, your speed, quantity, order of dishes...

were all impecable!

MU: I, is that right...

Regarding meals, my grandfather was always tough on me.

Although, this amount would reveal too much.

Dolph: What are you saying! As a knight, your body* must be your shield [note: see later]

It's how you must fight. Therefore, isn't it necissary!?

Can you anser that, Sir MU?

MU: I understand what you're saying. But, this is clearly...

Dolph: What was that?

MU: Eating too much. It'll leave you with a fat belly, Sir Dolph.

Dolph: Nugh...

OK, that last exchange may need a bit of explaining. The kanji he uses at * means 'people'. Now, he could be either talking about using your body as a shield (and thereby building it ip by eating) OR saying that knights are meant to shield the people, and implying that eating is necissary for the strength to do that. I'll have to start on his second conversation to really be sure which it was.

As a comment, I did feel he would be a kind of comic-relief character. Just having a quick skimm through, the second conversation seems to continue this one in tone, but the third one uses a different theme, and seems like it'll be much more serious. I get the feeling he's talking about the time he was a prisoner. Well, we'll have to wait and see.

After that diverstion... it's on to the chapter. And woah, this one was actually pretty intense. The reinforcement Paladins from the starting position are all Lv 20 and there's lots of Swarm Bishops. There's lots of exp to be had too.

An interesting thing here, the chest items have completley changed. I'll list them, from top to bottom:

Brave Axe

Big Bullion

Master Seal

Another Again Staff

Brave Lance

Brave Bow

I'm certain there was only one Again Staff in the original. It also seems that there are no longer any WiFi Shop exclusive items anymore. There are 3 Elysian Whips in-game, the Wo Dao is dropped by a Ch 7 Thief, and the Braves are here.

I actually fought the Earth Dragon. Even on Normal, it does an absolute crapload of damage (most people lose half their HP) but some of your stronger characters will be able to two-shot it. (I had Nabarl take it down in one crit on a practice run of the chapter, lol)

As for Hardin, in an epically badass moment, he went down to one crit from Sirius. (I have Sirius defeat him in all my FE3 playthroughs, I always immagined him having an 'Inigo Montoya' moment)

And, as many of you know, MU has a boss conversation with him.

Hardin: You worthless weakling...

Has Marth brought you here!!

MU: Dark Emperor Hardin...

I am your opponent!

[note: Very, VERY lose and kind of improvised. If anyone can tell me what 'kisama gotoki' [貴様ごとき] means I'd appreciate it. It seems it's used very often among villains in manga, so I presume it's typical 'insane villain speak'. Of course, they don't teach you that kind of stuff in school, and online translators treat it as jibberish...

MU's line is pretty accurate though. Again, it's a line I've seen very often in anime]

But this came as a surprise to me... Marth does too.

Hardin: Come, Marth!!

I shall impale your dreams!

Marth: Hardin!!

Unfortunatly, the Wolfguard don't get any. :(

One more thing, in the post-chapter dialogue, you see the Shield of Seals appear on the bottom screen and send out a pulse of light (just like it does in-game for Earth Dragons) to reveal Gharnef's illusion.

I've already started translating 20x, that should be up next.

I think I'm starting to dislike MU's flat personality. w00t for Dolph and eating.

Keep up the great work! *Waits for Ch 20x*

MU seems to try to play the "foil" for each of his supports every single time. What's up with that?

I mean, I guess it's meant to go in contrast to Marth's more cooperative personality, but there's a point where it feels like it's being forced...

MU seems to try to play the "foil" for each of his supports every single time. What's up with that?

I mean, I guess it's meant to go in contrast to Marth's more cooperative personality, but there's a point where it feels like it's being forced...

I suppose they only way they could give MU more of a personality would be to give the player alot of conversation choices. The MU character is meant to represent you in the game, but is also meant to represent everyone else who buys and plays the game as well so its probably not easy to write a rich character story and in depth interactions for MU without removing too much of the element of player ownership over MU. If the developers (for whatever reason) elect to not have many conversation choices then the character does sort of need to remain mostly a blank canvas, being more of an observer to the game and serve as our vantage point over the storyline. That probably is the main downside to having the MU concept added into an existing storyline as opposed to crafting a storyline around a MU type character and subsequent player choices (Dragon Age springs to mind).

Edited by merric

I suppose they only way they could give MU more of a personality would be to give the player alot of conversation choices. The MU character is meant to represent you in the game, but is also meant to represent everyone else who buys and plays the game as well so its probably not easy to write a rich character story and in depth interactions for MU without removing too much of the element of player ownership over MU. If the developers (for whatever reason) elect to not have many conversation choices then the character does sort of need to remain mostly a blank canvas, being more of an observer to the game and serve as our vantage point over the storyline. That probably is the main downside to having the MU concept added into an existing storyline as opposed to crafting a storyline around a MU type character and subsequent player choices (Dragon Age springs to mind).

Conversation choices would be good...shape one's character into the existing Lawful brick he is now, or a more Neutral or Chaotic personality. It could still work, too...LG is fervently obsessed with his duty, NG is fervently obsessed with freedom, CG is fervently obsessed with...winning, not really caring about Marth.

...As always I'd roll for Chaos.

Right, finally, all of 20x done.

But first: important note on the Bond Drop

I've kept a file from when I still had it, and have been experimenting a little. I can confirm this: it dosen't just max out friendship points with MU, it maxes out the character's friendship points with everyone. I tried it on Tiki, and I got her conversations with Bantu, in addition to hers with MU. Using it on Rody gets you all his supports with MU, Luke, and Cecil.

I will be keeping this file, to open up the possibility of requesting translations. But I won't take any until I've finished this plsythrough. Even then, I will give priority to characters I have very little chance of using in any future playthrough (like Bantu, Frost, or Vyland) I will, however, be doing Katarina first. (turns out she does indeed mention Keline in one, as I suspected. I'm quite interested in this)

One more thing: I skimmed over several people's, and one that really caught my eye was Tiki's 2nd. If only because it's going to be a nightmare to localise...

Basically she asks if MU wants to be called 'oniichan', like Marth. When MU gets confused, she then asks if he'd preffer 'ojiichan' like Bantu, or 'Sama', like Gotoh. Unfortunatly, the difference between her nicknames for Bantu and Marth is really big here... not so much in the localised version of SD. I've seen this happen many times before: localisers translate something in a way that seems really good at the time... but then a later episode/game does something with the original Japanese that really dosen't make sense with the localised version. Must really frustrate translators.

Chapter 20x

[note: I have, of course, only translated the 'Katarina is Present' version]

Opening:

Kataeina: MU, Marth, over here.

Watch your step.

MU: It's so dark.

This poor visibility will be trouble once the battle starts.

Katarina: The children of this organisation

were raised in this constant darkness...

With neither their own will nor own hearts,

Simply as puppets who only move their limbs to follow orders.

MU: Katarina...

Katarina: But I... am different.

MU... I want to be helpful to you.*

This feeling alone... is mine.

It's not an order from anyone.

My own heart...

Is my treasured posession.

Let's go, MU.

*[note: it's literally 'I want to be of use to you', but the emphasis on 'I want', makes its meaning more like "I want to help you (of my own volition)"]

Starting chapter:

Eremiya: The Altean Army is here?

Oh, that worthless puppet, she betrayed me...

But you'll never escape my control.

Don't you know?

There are a lot more puppets here than before.

So, my cute children. The bad adults have come.

The darkness is our friend. Our foes can't see anything, yet we can see clearly.

Have a taste of it... terror.

[Vs Eremiya]

Eremiya: When it comes to it... my children really are garbage.

They can't even dispose of this rabble.

So, I'll have to give them a sample of my power.

[note: she actually just says 'give them a sample'. I think this is what's heavily implied though.]

[With Katarina]

Katarina: Lady Eremiya...

Eremiya: Oh, it's the broken puppet.

Ungrateful trash, or, is it backstabing trash?

You dare show your face before me, Aine.

Katarina: Meeting you was fortunate... certainly.

I would have died otherwise.

But, for the sake of helping MU,

I will not run away...

Eremiya: Useless puppet, using your mouth like a human.

The only word that should come out of your mouth is "yes".

I'll soon shut that mouth.

[defeating]

Eremiya: My... children...

I'll put the chapter end in spoiler tags.

MU: Lord Marth, we have gained control of the interior.

This means the assasins will target you no more.

Marth: I understand. Thank you.

Jagen: According to nearby villagers...

That woman, Eremiya, was once a kind-hearted priest who helped those orphaned in war.

But in one war, the orphanage burned down, and the children were all killed.

After that, she became a changed person.

Marth: She was just another victim of war.

Here crimes will not disappear... however, this is an disheartening story.

MU: But, victims like Katarina have still found rebirth.

Marth: That's right. That at least is a consolation.

Well, let's go, MU!

We still have much to do.

MU: Aye. [note, he just says 'ha', but it's probably a short, fast agreement.]

Gharnef: ...Hmph...

So, you lost after all...

...Eremiya.

Eremiya: Lord... Gharnef...

My... apologies...

I couldn't fulfil...

your orders.

Gharnef: What are you apologising for?

The ritual to resurrect the Shadow Dragon has already begun...

You and your underlings have proved useful in capturing the Siters to be sacrificed.

Heheh, so bewitching you was...

Eremiya: ? Bewitched, me...?

Gharnef: Yes. Don't you remember? But that's understandable.

I stole your memories when I bewitxhed you.

Once... you were grieving.

The remains of those orphans who died, in your heart.

[note: it's remains, as in corpses. Creepy...]

To see those children alive, what could you have done on your own.

Eremiya: I... don't want... the children to die...

Gharnef: So I showed you. I strengthened your children.

In a somewhat distorted way, I made your children strong as you wished.

So? Now, can you remember?

Eremiya: Yes, I... those children...

Gharnef: heh heh.

The very sight of hypercrites like you and Marth disgusts me.

Your despair over the deaths of those orphans, alowed my magic to easily control you.

And so I taught you, to put children through horrible training.

You smiled at hearing... those children's screams

Mwahaha. Quite a sight.

Eremiya: A... aaaaah...

...AAAAAAAA....

...m... my...children...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH....!

[dies]

Gharnef: Mwahahaha...

Rest asured, Eremiya.

Your despair is a simple thing.

This world, will soon be enveloped by true despair...

Marth, I eagerly await you.

Mwahahahaha...

And my impressions

Ah, so it was the assasins who helped capture the Sisters. That actually makes a lit of sense, ans it wasn't something that was really explained in the original. Interstingly, some of the sidequests occur near places where they would likely have found them. [3x in Medon, 16x at Altea Castle. Of course, Hardin willing handed over Nyna.]

Now, in my opinion, when Gharnef says he 'made her childern strong', I think the result was 'making the memory of them so strong it drove her insane'. Another thing, this subplot pretty much proves my theory that Gharnef's brainwashing power comes from the Darksphere. For those of you who don't know, here's Gotoh's description of it.

"It will react with humans’ anger, disdain and jealousy causing them to increase tenfold.

Eventually it will destroy their soul and turn them into a monster."

Basically, it exaggerates all the nagative emotions in someone, and causes them to dominate them. For Hardin, it was jealousy, anger, and the truth that the woman he loved didn't return his feelings.

In Eremiya's case, it was grief, despair, and her role as a mother figure. It seems Gharnef magnified the third of these to psychopathic levels, thus her smiling as her new children were practically tortured.

My theory is Gharnef gave Eremiya the Darksphere in the same way he did to Hardin, but before the events of Shadow Dragon. Perhaps that's why it didn't appear in that game, because Eremiya was still in the process of training her 'puppets' at the time. Considering the ages of Katarina and Kleine, this would have to have started quite a while before SD, but perhaps, but the time of that game, Eremiya had already been fully corrupted, so he could now use the Draksphere for something else.

Whether this is true or not, this subplot does make Gharnef a much more developed villain than I originally thought. He's more than just a Nergal/Manfroy clone, he does something quite unique among villains of the series: he corrupts people by turning their own emotions against them. Bitterly ironic, when considering that this all began when the Darksphere did the very same to him.

Anyway, just wanted to share my theories.

Edited by Big Klingy

Oh, it makes perfect sense now.

[spoiler=Theory?]

All of the orphans Eremiya cared for died in a preventable way. So of course she would want to try to change that, any way she could. So I'm guessing when she started caring for more orphans she was much more cautious and still grieving. She had most likely implaced many more rules to try to keep track of all of the children and keep them absolutely safe so that there are no more casulties. And that's when Gharnef approached her with an offer or something, to make her orphans invincible. She maintained the idea that she could keep the children safe if they followed her rules.

That parental control got so twisted by Gharnef that it became something like 'if you don't follow my rules you're 'worthless'' (dead, most likely, from her original memories, so her anger at those who disobey her is most likely a manifestation of her grief from the first batch of orphans deaths), which led to the puppet deal because she felt she had to control them.

Now the last thing about Eremiya's want to instill fear in people is probably just more manifestation of the grief she felt when her orphanage burned down, probably as her inner feelings are attempting to make the world understand her pain. The assasin thing also probably stems from this.

I'm impressed, Nintendo. I didn't think they had it in 'em for a remake.

Poor Eremiya. They shoud've had a CG of her infront of the burning orphanage, or maybe smiling as the orphans were tortured.

Anyway, I'm going to pull an 'unclear event' card - 'Well her picture just disappeared they really didn't really say she died she probably just passed out' - and go on believeing that. After the battle I'll come back for her. :wub:

And dang, imagining Maria and Lena being hounded down by those creeps...

Edited by Maria's bro

You mean chapter 20x, right? Confused me for a second there. =P

Thanks, typo fixed.

Oh, it makes perfect sense now.

[spoiler=Theory?]

All of the orphans Eremiya cared for died in a preventable way. So of course she would want to try to change that, any way she could. So I'm guessing when she started caring for more orphans she was much more cautious and still grieving. She had most likely implaced many more rules to try to keep track of all of the children and keep them absolutely safe so that there are no more casulties. And that's when Gharnef approached her with an offer or something, to make her orphans invincible. She maintained the idea that she could keep the children safe if they followed her rules.

That parental control got so twisted by Gharnef that it became something like 'if you don't follow my rules you're 'worthless'' (dead, most likely, from her original memories, so her anger at those who disobey her is most likely a manifestation of her grief from the first batch of orphans deaths), which led to the puppet deal because she felt she had to control them.

Now the last thing about Eremiya's want to instill fear in people is probably just more manifestation of the grief she felt when her orphanage burned down, probably as her inner feelings are attempting to make the world understand her pain. The assasin thing also probably stems from this.

I'm impressed, Nintendo. I didn't think they had it in 'em for a remake.

Poor Eremiya. They shoud've had a CG of her infront of the burning orphanage, or maybe smiling as the orphans were tortured.

Anyway, I'm going to pull an 'unclear event' card - 'Well her picture just disappeared they really didn't really say she died she probably just passed out' - and go on believeing that. After the battle I'll come back for her. :wub:

And dang, imagining Maria and Lena being hounded down by those creeps...

One more thing: anyone here played Psychonauts? Because I'm getting a massive 'Milla's second vault' vibe here. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

Thanks, typo fixed.

One more thing: anyone here played Psychonauts? Because I'm getting a massive 'Milla's second vault' vibe here. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

Whoa, creepy. Nintendo might get sewed for that. I think that fits Eremiya perfectly.

Please keep that file! I have a LONG list of requests!

Anyway. . .

[spoiler=More Eremiya]I still don't like her, even with the Darksphere's influence. Why she'd smile, even with her obvious maternal instict warped to all hell is beyond me!