Kysafen's 'custom' Animations

Kysafen

...if this is the right place, then YAAAAAYYY!!!!1 If not, feel free to lock this topic/bite my kneecaps off. After two years, I finally wasted enough time to made a custom (if you could call this truly "custom," then you're not cynical enough to be here) animation. Since I was too lazy to make another, entirely new sprite, I just used Alm's sprite from Gaiden, plus I did a bit of futzing around with the sprite here, and there, blurring, etc., etc., and ended up with this:

Oh and out of curiosity, is this the first sprite that actually utilizes an animated standing pose?

A big thanks to Francisco Scaramanga for his script template and clear tutorial but not an editor to do them in, and X/Z/7eld for his awesome editor but not for any clear tutorials. Without you two, I wouldn't have wasted 3 hours that I should've used to study for college.

Just let me know if any of you guys would want to use it (despite it lacking shadows and it being pretty f*cking sub-par in general).

Alm.zip

Ryu.zip

Edited by Kysafen

I think it's a cool animation.

I've done animated standing poses but they never turn out good because of how tricky they work. They sometimes stop, sometimes go, and it confuses me more than it does add to the animation. Buuuut I think you deserve credit for working it out to the level that you did, nice job. I guess since my packages aren't public yetyou WOULD be the 1st one to do it. :o Awesome.

Not bad for your first, not bad at all, but you all know me :P

To answer your question:

No, Fa/Fae from FE6 utilizes the "standing" frames animation... the Untransformed one... she floats up and down before she transforms, or the opponent attacks (if she doesn't have her stone).

lol, I'm too much of a harsh critic I admit...

Feel free to ignore me from this point on :P

Choppy... choppy... choppy... XD

Of course it's choppy though, since the sprites are from a much older system that had that as the acceptable frame rate for the limited space they had for the entire game and graphics... XD

Again, ignoring my harsh "choppy" comment, very nice learning how to use FEditor Advance to make your own anim :P

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone could rename this thread to "Kysafen's 'custom' Animations, that'd be dandy, because no longer is it just Alm that I inserted:

Anyone here play Breath of Fire 2? Yeah, freaking rocked, didn't it?

OMG! :o I love your animations! Could you make me a halberdier? :3

I need it for my hack :sob:

1. I'm terrible at MAKING sprites (or I haven't really tried but I have a feeling I'll suck at it anyway lolz)

2. Someone else already did it (I think the Blind Archer made the sprite and Blazer used it in Tactics Universe):

But if you have another Halberdier sheet that you made (or you're using with the spriter's permission) and you want me to fit the frames together and write you a script, THAT I can do.

ALSO ALSO ALSO:

I added Ryu's frames and script as attachments to my first post.

Edited by Kysafen

If anyone could rename this thread to "Kysafen's 'custom' Animations, that'd be dandy, because no longer is it just Alm that I inserted:

Anyone here play Breath of Fire 2? Yeah, freaking rocked, didn't it?

Use the "crit" command on the critical attack mode of the animation :P

Instead of the:

0x1A Normal hit

Use any of the other commands:

0x08 Critical hit

0x09 Critical hit

0x0A Critical hit

0x0B Critical hit

0x0C Critical hit

Use the "crit" command on the critical attack mode of the animation :P

Instead of the:

0x1A Normal hit

Use any of the other commands:

0x08 Critical hit

0x09 Critical hit

0x0A Critical hit

0x0B Critical hit

0x0C Critical hit

Okay, I fixed it. Thanks, shadow!

Also, I updated the download.

• 1 month later...

OH NOES!!! I DOUBBBBBBBLE POSTET'D!! I'MA DIE!!!

...but after I post this:

Just like that, Leaf transformed into a GIAAANT!!! WITH NO SHADOW! What's up with that, yoes?!

On one hand, it'd probably be the right thing to do to edit my double-post so that this was in. On the other, since this thread isn't getting any views, it'd undermine the whole point of posting this here at all. Call me an attention whore if you like, but T-T-T-TRIPLE POST!

There are female pirates out there. Who knew? Also, Sploder really should make more customs, if this is an indication of what he (she?)'s capable of.

EDIT: sonofabitchif*ckedthecritical again. Will fix that.

Edited by Kysafen

... looks like more of a zombie than a female pirate, in all bluntess. "She" has stick legs. I know females for sprites have skinnier legs than their male counterparts, but those legs don't look like they can support her at all, even WITHOUT the Axes.

The stance for the hand axe also looks awkward on her left (Our point of view) leg.

Male and Female Myrmidon Comparison:

Myrmidon-Sword.gifMyrmidonF-Sword.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Um could I ask you to help me with a custom animation? I did not make it but I did get permission from the creator to use it in my hack. Only thing is even after reading a tutorial and attemping to write a script for it I failed epically at understanding how to make the script. The sprite is here: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=archsage#/d26jih2

I'll go ahead and attach a zip of the hopefully correctly placed frames and my failed attempt at a script. I'll understand if you don't have time for this but I would appreciate it very much if you could help me, and help me understand where I went wrong with the script. Thank you very much for your time.

archsage.zip