(Request) Ike GBA Aether

Kiego

around 6-12 months ago, flyingace24 sent me a link to a gif with a BAMF ike sprite using Ather on the BK. We both saved it but we also both got our comps crashed and lost everything.

have any of you seen it? He said someone posted this gif here on "Serene Forest". Trust me i've looked all day for it by hand since you cant Search 3 letter words.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was it just an animation of Ike or was it a scene of him fighting Shinon? If it was the latter, then I presume you mean the following:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/TacticKnight/Ike_Shinon.gif

I don't remember who made it or even when it was posted (it actually predates SF as far as I can remember).

EDIT @ DomDaDude - That specifies that it's his Critical, not Aether. Plus, it's neither BAMF nor against the Black Knight (which I missed when I dug that animation up).

So, seeing as I missed that part, I have no idea what animation the poster was referring to. I don't have it in my archive of stuff I've found that was cool/interesting, so I guess you can ignore the above link.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Yes! this is the one! thank you! Lord Glenn you are the man! Idk why i thought it was the black knight, but if you know who made this i gotta ask his permission to use this in my hack.

EDIT - DomDaDude: Common! ive been up for 12 hours looking for this thing. give me some credit.

Edited by Kiego

Yes! this is the one! thank you! Lord Glenn you are the man! Idk why i thought it was the black knight, but if you know who made this i gotta ask his permission to use this in my hack.

EDIT - DomDaDude: Common! ive been up for 12 hours looking for this thing. give me some credit.

You're gonna have some work cut out for you to remove the "Aether" effect transparency to get the original sprite poses in those frames, that is IF you can even get in contact with Konguray ._.

You're gonna have some work cut out for you to remove the "Aether" effect transparency to get the original sprite poses in those frames, that is IF you can even get in contact with Konguray ._.

Unless that person went under a more common name when they supposedly made the animation, I'm getting no hits matching the name to anything related to Ike in the slightest. So, I'm willing to bet that that person isn't the one that made it.

I'm not worried about that part at all.Hell, i'll even share the sheet when I'm done.

Nope, the issue is PERMISSION ._.

I'm not even sure if it's Konguray that made that animation. I just remember being told by someone that the animation was made by him, and I saved the image name with the artist's name on my photobucket ._.

If you can't get permission you CANNOT edit and share your battle animation or whatever. That would be "theft".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nope, the issue is PERMISSION ._.

I'm not even sure if it's Konguray that made that animation. I just remember being told by someone that the animation was made by him, and I saved the image name with the artist's name on my photobucket ._.

If you can't get permission you CANNOT edit and share your battle animation or whatever. That would be "theft".

well why don't you ask him for me tough guy? i goggled him, and from the looks of it, he's been afk since 09.

Edited by Kiego

If you can't get in contact with him, you CANNOT use his sprites. That's expected etiquette.

You could ask Ace where he got said .gif ._.

And then track the author that way... With that said, it's YOUR responsibility to look for him, since you're the one that wants to use the unknown author's work.

Since you didn't get it from "The Spriters Resource" or any other site that assumes that you can use the work as long as you give credit, you can't get away with just simply stating "thanks to whoever made this".

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you can't get in contact with him, you CANNOT use his sprites. That's expected etiquette.

You could ask Ace where he got said .gif ._.

And then track the author that way... With that said, it's YOUR responsibility to look for him, since you're the one that wants to use the unknown author's work.

Since you didn't get it from "The Spriters Resource" or any other site that assumes that you can use the work as long as you give credit, you can't get away with just simply stating "thanks to whoever made this".

Yes Sir Mr. Ninian >_>

Honestly, I don't think the guy would be too angry if he was all, "HEY GAIS. IMA USING SOMEONE SPRITE BUT I NO FIND AUTHOR. EEF U NO HEEM, POINT HIM THIS WAY IF HE NO LIEK DIS."

That's what I do, and I never get strongly worded letters. Just a "Hey gimme credit bitch" thing.

Honestly, I don't think the guy would be too angry if he was all, "HEY GAIS. IMA USING SOMEONE SPRITE BUT I NO FIND AUTHOR. EEF U NO HEEM, POINT HIM THIS WAY IF HE NO LIEK DIS."

That's what I do, and I never get strongly worded letters. Just a "Hey gimme credit bitch" thing.

That would be you...

But anyways...

Well, from a PM I got from a friend today who has some knowledge of Japanese, and he said sprite sheet was posted anonymously.

Would that qualify for an implicit permission?

Hmm... maybe you can help me?

AetherAnimationKonguray.gif

I'm not even sure it's "Konguray" anymore... but since you know people in the other side of the FE community, maybe you recognize that battle animation?

I'm trying to find who is the author...

Maybe you can help me?

I'm sorry to say that I don't know the original spriter, and what I know is that it was posted on a Japanese website anonymously.

And here is the original sprites. [spoiler=Sprite Sheet]34812_890625.gif

Edit: However... some opinions on this from FEND:

That's not any better, since we don't have any confirmation that the "anonymous posting" wasn't theft itself. At this point he can technically "use it" in the same sense that people "use official sprites" to splice, i.e. he doesn't have legal permission but it's not like there is an internet police to stop him.
If there is no explicit permission given, then it shouldn't be used. It's just common courtesy. It wasn't listed as a free source, and if the maker wants to remain anonymous, it's likely that s/he did not want to be bothered by people asking him/her to use it.
Edited by shadowofchaos

Judging from what I've read. This sounds like this could go either way. I DO want to share this for as epic as it is, but i also don't want to be a "thief" in some of your eyes.

which i already am for some.IMO, i wouldn't have posted something as epic as this to not share it with the rest of the world in the 1st place.

Now if the author of this epic animation has a bone to pick with me, even though i'm not calling this mine. So be it, But my gut feeling is telling me this guy probably went on to bigger and better things and would be like "oh yeah Kiego! I made that! You can put "whatever his name is" as the author and your name for ripping it.

I could be wrong.

I'm telling you, if you just post "Someone else made this, not me, I'd give credit if I knew who it was", then people don't usually get mad. And if they do, well, fuck them, it's not like they had "Don't use this ever!!!" on it or anything. And then he'd be all, "Oh sweet, someone stuck it in the actual game, that's pretty nifty, make sure they know I made it".

Just saying, people aren't THAT sensitive about it. I've seen them get angry over claiming it was theirs, but not "I dunno who made this but not me".

My personal opinion? I'd think you'd be fine using it but make sure to give credit saying "I didn't make this, kudos to whoever did". And if the author somehow contacts you to take it down, simply comply.

The original sprite sheet is right there if you didn't notice...

My personal opinion? I'd think you'd be fine using it but make sure to give credit saying "I didn't make this, kudos to whoever did". And if the author somehow contacts you to take it down, simply comply.

The original sprite sheet is right there if you didn't notice...

that's exactly what ill do, and wait what? where?

that's exactly what ill do, and wait what? where?

That would be you...

But anyways...

Well, from a PM I got from a friend today who has some knowledge of Japanese, and he said sprite sheet was posted anonymously.

Would that qualify for an implicit permission?

And here is the original sprites.

34812_890625.gif

Un-spoiler'd for your convenience.

Edited by shadowofchaos

We have our artist...

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mod...lust_id=4765696

Ran the sprite sheet through a couple reverse image searches. Here's your source. Hope you know enough Moon to ask for permission.

Gonna ask him with what little "moonspeak" I know how :P

こんにちは、お忙しいときにメッセージを送ってもうしわけありません。私は海外から shadowofchaosです。私の日本語が下手で、もしわけありません。ngoさんからおたのみたい事があります。実は、ngoさんのpixivページに面白いものを拝見いたしました。

これです:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=4765696

このスプライトセットをもちろん、私の友達のゲームに、ngoさんにちゃんと賛を差し上げます。しかし、このアイデアをお気にならなかったら、お断りになっても大丈夫です。もう一度申しますが、私の日本語が下手で、このメッセージをお読みにならかったら、本当に申し訳ありません。

それでは、失礼します。

That's what I asked, with help from a friend... MAJOR help from a friend for the Kanji... XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

We have a green light.

どうもこんにちは、ngoです。メッセージをありがとうございます。

illust/4765696

この絵をゲームに使ってもらうのは私としては特に問題ありません。

ただし、これは任天堂のゲーム「ファイアーエムブレム」

http://fire-emblem.com/pathofradiance/launch/index.html)

を題材にした絵でして、私のオリジナルのキャラクターではありません。

製作中のゲームがパロディを含む作品なら問題なさそうですが、

まじめな作品だと問題があるのではないかと思います。

その点をご理解のうえで使用を決めてください。

He's saying he doesn't have a problem with it. But he also said that it wasn't his character and Ike is property of Nintendo. He said, "with that in mind", make the decision to use it or not.

Make sure to credit "ngo from pixiv" with the original page of the sprite at:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=4765696

Edited by shadowofchaos