ITT DA Ranks The Characters

Smiley Jim

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we won't need Mia eitehr, as its easily possible to kill ravens as soon as they arrive in relative ease because they only come 1 at a time, so they proceed to get gang raped. 1-rounding is a trivival thing.

And getting Mia to ORKO ravens is pretty bexp expensive in itself, but at least with Marcia you get a much, much better long-term unit out of it.

Do the math, kirsche. Mia starts at a higher level, has more chapters of availability, and needs a lower level to achieve ORKOing of most Ravens. That should already tell you all you need to know about their relative costs. Also, Mia can end chapters on enemy phase if a fresh Raven attacks her. Your non Marcia/Mia/Zihark options aren't going to be able to do that. Even if you are hanging around for Jill, having a unit capable of actually ORKOing things on enemy phase is useful for at least a turn.

And it's not like taking Mia to level ~17 will prevent you from raising Marcia up so that she'll be able to promote for chapter 15 if you want. I don't think anybody is suggesting that you raise Mia at the cost of getting a good Marcia.

Wow. 2.5 gap between Mia and Zihark. I suppose with terrible bexp spending it might work, but then Zihark is also pretty crappy until you can get him an AB support so that he has actual durability. And that's pretty late into the game. Also if you want to get the A as quickly as possible you need to tie him to 6 move Brom.

Nepheenee's best option is Brom, which will give her a little more durability. Otherwise, it's late stuff that does not help her defenses (by "late", I mean Zihark's final support comes in before her second one).

But her defense don't need as much help as Zihark.

Is it enough of a durability difference to matter?

4 defense gap at 20/15. And no WTD against Lance users, the most common enemy type.

He's a Myrmidon that comes with a Killing Edge, which he may or may not keep.

Glad we cleared up that misunderstanding.

I was under the impression that raising one's Avoid was a good thing.

Of course it is. But Zihark needs that high avoid just to match Nephenee in durability (I think he beats her with two supports).

I keep getting the sense that I have better things to do with my BEXP. . .is it that hard for her to gain those levels via combat?

What better things do you have to do with your BEXP? Unless you spend it all on hookers/blow/Rolf, there is enough for Nephenee to take a share. Assuming you hit the turn limit in every chapter and didn't go for any optional objectives, you have 2150. Even if you are using ten units, and for whatever reason decide to distribute EXP like a communist rather than give it to people who need it, she is getting 200 EXP. Whereas a more efficient player would hand her 400 or more BEXP.

And the way it works is that you give a character BEXP so they can kill and gain EXP without someone holding their hand.

Argh, too many questions!

But her defense don't need as much help as Zihark.

Again, will either of them be in a situation such that they're more likely to block an attack with their face? Even if they do, will the defense lead be enough such that Neph survives one more attack than Zihark?

4 defense gap at 20/15. And no WTD against Lance users, the most common enemy type.

Does this type of run get a character to level 20 before promotion, or will it promote units early?

(was it this game or RD that eliminated the weapon triangle on one of the modes? I'm guessing it's RD, but I don't remember for sure)

What better things do you have to do with your BEXP? Unless you spend it all on hookers/blow/Rolf, there is enough for Nephenee to take a share. Assuming you hit the turn limit in every chapter and didn't go for any optional objectives, you have 2150. Even if you are using ten units, and for whatever reason decide to distribute EXP like a communist rather than give it to people who need it, she is getting 200 EXP. Whereas a more efficient player would hand her 400 or more BEXP.

And the way it works is that you give a character BEXP so they can kill and gain EXP without someone holding their hand.

Save it for another unit? I don't have to hand out BEXP the moment I get it, and I might have other plans for it (perhaps I like bows but dislike Rolf and Shinon. . .or maybe I'm heartless enough to have a little family feud).

Again, will either of them be in a situation such that they're more likely to block an attack with their face? Even if they do, will the defense lead be enough such that Neph survives one more attack than Zihark?

41HP/20DEF against 42HP/16DEF?

Enemy stats

Against every enemy in Chapter 28 save Dragons and a Warrior, Nephenee can take at least one more attack before folding.

Does this type of run get a character to level 20 before promotion, or will it promote units early?

Since there are only three master seals in the entire game anyway (one of which is found very late), and early promotion is generally an awful idea since midgame is very easy, and there's plenty of EXP to get people to promote naturally, I would say that no, they will not promote early.

(was it this game or RD that eliminated the weapon triangle on one of the modes? I'm guessing it's RD, but I don't remember for sure)

It's Radiant Dawn Hard Mode.

Save it for another unit? I don't have to hand out BEXP the moment I get it, and I might have other plans for it (perhaps I like bows but dislike Rolf and Shinon. . .or maybe I'm heartless enough to have a little family feud).

Save it for who? Say you want to use Jill/Astrid/Makalov/Tormod, who are the only remaining units that need BEXP dumps. By the time Tormod joins, you have received 3600 BEXP over the course of the game. That's enough to give Nephenee and 8 other units (which is too large a team anyway) 400 BEXP each.

Sothe

Base Stats

LVL 	MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
01/00   20  05  01  07  11  06  04  00

Growths

MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
60  50  10  70  65  55  35  30

Sothe, the second in command of the Fail Brigade and Ike is the father of his children. However, this is three years into the future. This is about his shota version.

You only need to take one look at his stats and class to know that his combat is a greater joke than the Detroit Lions. 5 str at this stage in the game is well beyond crap. He literally can't cause damage to anything because his weapon type is so damn weak(lol7atk). And while his speed base is theoretically good, he actually gets doubled by almost every raven in his starting map, and let's not get to his concrete durability issues. 20HP/4Def is only slightly better than base level Rice(-2HP, +4Def), except that Rice joined in Ch2 with that durability and Sothe joins in C12 with that durability. His growth rates are good, and rather quite scary for a thief(50Str, 70Skl, 65Spd)and are boosted by Blossom, but here comes his next problem; he is literally unable to promote. What. The. Fuck? This means that even if you do raise him, his stats all cap at 20 and his HP at 40, which is crap.

So he fails at combat basically forever. What he is useful for is getting swag. However, that isn't saying much since Volke does the same stuff but a LOT better. To give out an idea, base Volke can steal items as heavy as iron axes and javelins. What can base Sothe steal? Basically, he's limited to lightweight tomes and staves. Seriously, he can't even steal Physics at base level FFS. At least he doesn't charge 50 gold every time he opens something, which is cool(not that it matters since you get 70K after C19, which will solve any money issues). There are some maps where having two thieves can be helpful, but most of the time, Volke + chest keys do the trick anyway.

He's basically useful as a secondary thief, but that's about it. He's infinitely more useful in RD, where he at least has Jagen utility.

His combat gets a 0/10 and his thievery gets a 7/10 for an average of

3.5/10

Support suggestion: LOLWUT?

Band suggestion: None, because he is not even close to being a good combat unit.

Edited by DA125

Volke doesn't actually charge money, and even if he did, you have SO MUCH MONEY that in the grand scheme of things, 50 gold here and there doesn't matter.

Regardless, my same points about Volke stand. Most chest items in the game are completely useless, the good ones can be gotten with chest keys (which is faster since you can do it with a Paladin), most stealable items are a waste of time, yes I am referring to physics.

41HP/20DEF against 42HP/16DEF?

Enemy stats

Against every enemy in Chapter 28 save Dragons and a Warrior, Nephenee can take at least one more attack before folding.

And thus begins the old argument of dodge vs. absorption. . .since at 20/16 (where it looks like those numbers came from), the dodgiest Zihark will have 95% evade before terrain, biorhythm, and weapon triangle (30 SPD, 13 LCK, should have an A with Muarim for best results), which means he shouldn't be blocking too much stuff with his face by that time. The most accurate thing on Chapter 28 has ~43% displayed hit chance against him (~37-38% actual hit).

Nepheenee will average 80% dodge under the same circumstances (26 SPD, 13 LCK, A support with Calill), which means that attack mentioned earlier will have ~56% displayed hit (~61-62%). That attack I'm using is from a really angry dragon, so I don't think either of them wants to be hit by that.

I guess it boils down to whether you want dodge or damage absorption.

Since there are only three master seals in the entire game anyway (one of which is found very late), and early promotion is generally an awful idea since midgame is very easy, and there's plenty of EXP to get people to promote naturally, I would say that no, they will not promote early.

It's Radiant Dawn Hard Mode.

Thanks and thanks!

Save it for who? Say you want to use Jill/Astrid/Makalov/Tormod, who are the only remaining units that need BEXP dumps. By the time Tormod joins, you have received 3600 BEXP over the course of the game. That's enough to give Nephenee and 8 other units (which is too large a team anyway) 400 BEXP each.

I was thinking any of those two. Why not save it for them?

Because you don't need to. You can give Nephenee 400 BEXP and still have more than enough for Jill/Astrid/Makalov/Tormod/etc to take what they need.

Exactly. I believe this is called 'having your cake and eating it too'.

What part exactly of 3600 BEXP in Chapter 16 is confusing eclipse, anyway? 400 BEXP each for 9 characters (which is really the upper limit for an efficient team). And you don't need to wait until Chapter 15 to give it out. 2150 BEXP in Chapter 11. That's enough that Nephenee can easily get bumped up.

And this is all assuming we do it collectivist style and spread it all out equally.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

I agree with most of this, but personally, I think that an arms scroll on Nephenee would be a waste, since by the time she can handle steel lances without being weighed down too much, she'd be at D rank already.

Having acess to Killers is never a bad option.

It can't be THAT difficult for her to get to C rank naturally, now can it? Also, I still think it's a waste.

Well, you get one in chapter 11, right? And they get less good as time goes on if they stop 3HKOing. Not sure if that happens, though. It's still probably a waste on her, though. There are only two killer lances you can get (according to the site, though the item location thing isn't always exhaustive) so maybe holding off on them until you can create Vantage Wrath Neph is a better idea? dunno.

Exactly. I believe this is called 'having your cake and eating it too'.

What part exactly of 3600 BEXP in Chapter 16 is confusing eclipse, anyway? 400 BEXP each for 9 characters (which is really the upper limit for an efficient team). And you don't need to wait until Chapter 15 to give it out. 2150 BEXP in Chapter 11. That's enough that Nephenee can easily get bumped up.

And this is all assuming we do it collectivist style and spread it all out equally.

What's the average level by the end of Chapter 15? I doubt everyone's favorite ADD mage will be caught up with 400 BEXP.

I guess 200-300 BEXP would be enough for me to determine whether I bother with Nepheenee or not (it'll probably be dumped on her the minute I get her, so I don't waste my time if she decides to be weird).

It can't be THAT difficult for her to get to C rank naturally, now can it? Also, I still think it's a waste.

This is FE9. It takes forever to raise a weapon rank. And we're not using the Scrolls on Mist if she won't have time to reach 20/1 and be decent by then. We can't play favoritism on everyone.

This is FE9. It takes forever to raise a weapon rank. And we're not using the Scrolls on Mist if she won't have time to reach 20/1 and be decent by then. We can't play favoritism on everyone.

I think that waiting until Vantage/Wrath Neph can be done is a better idea.

Jill

Base Stats

LVL 	MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
08/00   24  11  00  10  09  06  11  02

Growths

MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
60  40  30  45  45  25  35  30

Jill Fizzart is one of only two potential playable dragonmasters in all of Tellius. She is also very similar to Altenna and Miredy.

She starts off alright, albeit 4-6 levels below par. 24HP/11Def lets her get 4RKO'd by the crows in her starting map thanks to her Laguzguard(she takes 7 damage normally, the laguzguard reduces it to 3. In order for Marcia to get similar durability, she would need to be Lv14, which isn't unreasonable.)and basically allows her to not die from anything that isn't an archer, and 60HP/35Def is about average, and at least ensures she's rather durable. Her offense, on the flip side, isn't very stellar. She has 21 atk with her steel lance, but only has 7 AS with the damn thing equipped, though with an effective 85% AS growth, this fixes itself quickly.

Like Marcia, she has instant utility just for being a flier. However, unlike Marcia, Jill can take 2-3 hits before dying(as opposed to 1-2 hits in Marcia's case), making her a great deal more flexible in where she goes. Like I said before, this game has a lot of unstable terrain(boats in C12-13, desert in C15, swamp in C17, canals in C21, pitfalls in C23, a tall mountain in C25), and having a flier around in those chapters can significantly decrease turn count/play time, depending on your playstyle. Even if there isn't a lot of bad terrain, flying is still helpful in most circumstance(ok, except chapters with excessive ballistae, but full guard fixes it).

Her supports are bland-ish. Her only good support is with Mist(she gets full def from it lololol). Lethe is lolheaven, and Haar shows up too late(nevermind that he is wind and wind sucks big floppy donkey cock in FE9). Personally, I find that she works best with Guard and Savior. Resolve/Wrath can work for her, but there is so much competition for those skills it's not even funny. As for anything else, she could use a seraph robe and a speedwing early on, but other than that, the sky's the limit.

9.5/10

Support suggestion: Mist A is a given, with Lethe as a secondary(but I wouldn't bother with Lethe after C16)

Band suggestion: Knight or Wyvern works best to improve on her str/def.

Random note: Some guys who made character ratings on GFAQs said that Jill is easily trolled by the RNG due to her average growths. But since I'm assuming fixed mode, that claim doesn't hold water to me.

Edited by DA125

Jill has less than a 9.5/10.

Son, I am disappoint.

What's the average level by the end of Chapter 15? I doubt everyone's favorite ADD mage will be caught up with 400 BEXP.

I guess 200-300 BEXP would be enough for me to determine whether I bother with Nepheenee or not (it'll probably be dumped on her the minute I get her, so I don't waste my time if she decides to be weird).

I generally have my units on the cusp of promotion. But really, the average player should have their units at an even higher level since I generally don't kill every enemy in every chapter, and give a lot of kills to Titania

Jill has less than a 9.5/10.

Son, I am disappoint.

I generally have my units on the cusp of promotion. But really, the average player should have their units at an even higher level since I generally don't kill every enemy in every chapter, and give a lot of kills to Titania

Average player tends to go with full deployment each chapter and spread kills somewhat evenly, too, though. Having a team of 8 compared to a team of "as many as I can deploy" tends to result in much higher levels due to concentration of resources (generally an efficient idea). Still, I'm sure some people have higher leveled units at that time.

then there is Balcerzak and his 20/1 Marcia in chapter 11.

Average player tends to go with full deployment each chapter and spread kills somewhat evenly, too, though. Having a team of 8 compared to a team of "as many as I can deploy" tends to result in much higher levels due to concentration of resources (generally an efficient idea). Still, I'm sure some people have higher leveled units at that time.

then there is Balcerzak and his 20/1 Marcia in chapter 11.

Except he probably dumped a massive load of BEXP into her to get her to that level. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I would have done it myself if my Marcia hadn't ended up with crazy high strength.

Well, most of the draft tourneys are in HM.

Like, in a FE8 drafting I was in, I got Marisa from base level, to level 15/1. :awesome:

Even though irrelevant to this thread, I just wanted to provide an example.

Well, most of the draft tourneys are in HM.

Like, in a FE8 drafting I was in, I got Marisa from base level, to level 15/1. :awesome:

Even though irrelevant to this thread, I just wanted to provide an example.

Aren't most on NM? He decided to move on to HM with the same team. And now he's doing MM. That one should be interesting to read when he gets around to saying stuff about it.

Except he probably dumped a massive load of BEXP into her to get her to that level. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I would have done it myself if my Marcia hadn't ended up with crazy high strength.

Yeah, read his topic. bexp from level 5-something to 20/1 all in chapter 11. Hilarious.

Edited by Narga_Rocks