mister kens magical chamber of farts

Ken Zomg

Kinda looks like Trak from AW:DC. Or Gage from AW:DoR. Emotionless Blue Nation Sniper Dude from AW:Darker and Edgier.

His grip on the gun really bothers me. And there's...something wrong with the feet, they just don't look natural somehow. Apart from that, *kisses the screen*

Holy crap, I thought you were a stranger! But thanks, that helps a lot! I'll edit this tomorrow if I have time. He will probably look less like Gage once I color him. :)

I hope.

Edited by Ken Zomg

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Trak's awesome in a 'Only I can repay Ed back...by slaughtering an entire village of civilians' kinda way.

Is it maybe possible to flip the gun and have the hand on the ... thing? I think it'd look more controlled and natural that way. This kinda looks as if it's just suspended in midair and he's keeping it on his shoulders through sheer luck.

Edited by Grimsworth of Natal

Gage's cool though. And I'm not just saying that because he doesn't wear a shirt. Leave it to Lumi to say something like that. I main him on WiFi. Not the best choice lawl...

likethis.png

Anyway, like this?

I'm going for a haughty, "this is mah manly gun" kinda thing, so I figured it being on his shoulder would work. Or maybe I'm not drawing it right. :/

Also, I'm trying not to completely copy from Gage.

Edited by Ken Zomg

I wasn't trying to disparage Manly Topknot Guy either. His theme is probably the most rousing, but it's not as powerful as Ed's, O'Brian's (or Finn's or Zadia's, if memory serves). I don't play multiplayer, but if I did I'd go for Forsythe/Carter. Epic fanfare, and even more epic 'stache.

That wasn't what I meant, but that would probably look as good or better without having to do as much work.

If I had a CO theme, I'd get Flogging Molly to cover Scarborough Fair. Instant win.

Yeah, but Zadia's just kinda...kinda like Skrimir, only marginally less retarded and a fair bit more badass.

Regardless, no theme can ever...and I mean EVER...be as bad as Flower Chick's.

EVER.

EVER.

That and Tasha's a pretty bland character, who's only motivation is "REVENGE, REVENGE, I MUST HAVE REVENGE".

I like Waylon's theme :3

As for the drawing, I think it doesn't work on yours (The gun) because of the way you've drawn it. Gage is holding his gun at a diagonal angle, but your character's arm is completely straight, which, I think, would be kinda uncomfortable.

That and Tasha's a pretty bland character, who's only motivation is "REVENGE, REVENGE, I MUST HAVE REVENGE".

I like Waylon's theme :3

As for the drawing, I think it doesn't work on yours (The gun) because of the way you've drawn it. Gage is holding his gun at a diagonal angle, but your character's arm is completely straight, which, I think, would be kinda uncomfortable.

Yeah, I liked it when they utterly lampshaded it, as well as Trak's...economical personality, in a couple Tactics conversations.

"I'm Zadia! I like beating the shit out of Laurentians!"

"Yeah. You do."

All of the the themes are badass except for Catleia Isabella's (gaaarrgh) and ... well, one of the kids has a bad theme if I remember right, the other has one that's just...weird. Haven't heard Stolos' yet, though.

And I like how Finn's is called 'Coward's Flight' :P

It's weird how the International translation got the best names (bar Ed. I mean...Ed.) but the US translation is just so much better everywhere else.

Except New Wolfington.

New. Fucking. Wolfington.

Are you shitting me.

I believe what Furet it trying to say is that it looks like his hand is resting against the gun, rather than resting on it, which wouldn't work unless there was a wall behind him for the gun to rest on in the first place. Otherwise, the gun would just fall over.

Yeah, what seph said.

...I wish I could describe things better.

You just stick to writing, I'll stick to art...

...Which still doesn't make sense, because as an writer, you should be able to describe things well *rants off somewhere else*

I just understood what you meant. (I'm kinda slow at interpreting text)

Man did I try to make it look like his palm was over the top surface of the gun. So, should I make his fingers come out towards the viewer?

Great, I actually have to use foreshortening in this picture

Edited by Ken Zomg

That and his left (not OPV) arm needs more shown bend to it. like more wrinkles in the clothing and stuff and a change in thickness of certain areas of the arm. making a line to indicate the bend also works. Right now it just looks like that arm's too short.

For the hand, start by drawing a trapezoid and accentuate the knuckles. It will show the bending a lot better.

renarddraft3.png

shuna.png

Also, here's another guy I'm gonna draw. OHHAAHA ANOTHER LONG-HAIRED SWORDSMAN, LIKE WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE

SF COMMUNITY: NO ACTUALLY WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE, 20 OF THEM ISN'T ENOUGH BLRARHGH

Edited by Ken Zomg

renardcoloreddraft1.png

Yay color. Just need the goggles and the gun and that's it. (I don't color very often)

I think the hair could look better though. Any suggestions?

I'll also give (draw) a cookie to anyone who can make a mug of this guy.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and I'm also going to make an SF community picture for Christmas. If you want to be in the picture, just tell me and if I don't hate you I'll consider adding you!

I'll also need permission from any female members to take "liberties" when drawing them. (because I'm such a gentleman)

sexy Christmas outfit sexy Christmas outfit sexy Christmas outfit sexy Christmas outfit whoooaaah yeahhh

Another edit, lol. I'm gonna need a photo reference or something. Something that tells me what you want to look like for the picture.

oh, what the heck did I get myself into

Edited by Ken Zomg

Throw me in the picture, dude Also, totally gonna make a sprite of this guy. I need something to do during tomorrow's stream :3

Oh, need a picture:

30208_1205706002179_1814547771_409560_4110340_n.jpg

I'm the caveman on the right. Fiancée on the left~ I don't think she'd want to be in the picture, though XD

Also, just for reference, my beard is QUITE a bit longer than this, atm. This picture is around 6 months old. I'll give you a newer picture if I can get one.

Atm, my beard is around 1 and a half inches XD

Edited by seph1212

All right! Thanks a lot, Seph!

For the group picture, I'm thinking something like this

talesoftheabyssgroup.jpg

Because I think a flat-front angle with a bunch of stuff happening would be less dynamic. (the front shot was my first plan, I might make one of those huge pictures where there's crazy stuff happening all over, with easter eggs and such) XD

Don't expect to see much progress this week though, as I am epic super busy this week.

The next two weeks after next week, however, I'll be on break, so I'll have time for it.

I'm thinking for the setting, it's going to be in the Serenes Forest office building XD

And there's a Christmas party! Yaay.

Edited by Ken Zomg

I want in.

[spoiler=Me and my sis]2wn20k7.jpg

I'm the guy on the left. But don't put my sister in, she'd kill me.

EDIT: For those of you who want to know, I deleted it a minute ago because it was waaaaaaaaay too big.

Edited by Camtech086