mister kens magical chamber of farts

Ken Zomg

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What am proportions?" Ahahaha XD

I just noticed this; your faces are getting MUCH better. Like, remember when I first commented here complaining about the shape of your faces? Well, like, I can't see that problem anymore XD

You've definitely gotten awesome, Ken.

Lol, Quetzacoatl's battle is on the back of a Spanish worksheet. Also, I love Carina's outfit!

I agree with Seph - your stuff has improved a lot. A suggestion, though - you'll really be able to knock it out of the park if you work on improving your line quality. In your pictures, your lines are always "scratchy" - try out using some longer, smoother strokes to get a cleaner line. Also, you should vary the weight of the lines. Make them thinner and lighter where the light hits the figure, and darker/thicker where shadow would fall. To make that happen, press the pencil to the paper with different amounts of pressure. It will help give the characters more volume. And really, the eye loves variation when it looks at stuff, so it will help your art really pop. Practice drawing lines where you vary your pencil pressure - just scribbles around the page - and when you've trained your hand to make the pressure change smooth, then apply it to your characters. It might help to plot out a very very light under-drawing too, which you can then make your nice lines over, so you aren't worrying about designing/proportion and line work at the same time.

Hope this helps. As always, <3 your thread. :3

Thanks, guys! That's encouraging!

And thanks for the tips, Astelaine. My lines tend to be scratchy because they don't really "hit their mark" the first time I draw them, but I suppose I can improve that.

:D

Thanks!

Ohh yeah, that reminds me! ANOTHER REQUEST! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED! Kinda. Meh, I don't really have a limit for these things anymore. First few, I guess.

Be specific, please! :)

Edited by Ken Zomg

Since you guys are both cool, I will take both your requests. Aran for Seph, and Tibarn for shadowofchaos. Now then, requests closed! :D

I hardly see Darros here anymore, so I'm thinking of ditching his...

If I finished them, I would have posted them. :)

I'm working on them. (well, I will.)

I meant that they took up places as requests, but I ditched Darros's to draw Seph's and shadowofchaos's.

You wanna see female Eliwood? Head on over to sprites competitions.

Great shading. Skin tones, skin tones bah. >_< I can't do skin tones so well, especially not shading. And they eyes are so shiny. :3 Nice shading on the hair, too.

Warning: This comic is not for the faint-of-heart. Nor is it for anyone with a good sense of humor. Nor is it for anyone decent.

hectorcomic.png

PLAY ELIBIAN NIHGTS!!!!111!!!one!!!!!

...when did all you guys get here? :D

Oh, yeah, and Dawson's sprite belongs to whoever made it. (not me)

Edited by Ken Zomg

:lol: Well, I guess Hector's awesome enough that they can take his blood to make weapons and he can still kill any boss he has to fight.

Quick sketch of a manly tribal fighter lady, done in 25 minutes.

manlylady.png

Are those boobs? Or pecs? Or moobs; man boobs? They're not any of those! They're lecs! Lady pecs! :D

Okay that was just stupid

Edited by Ken Zomg

I like her markings and the ribons(material?) you have tied around her arm and leg. Nice touch. :)