mister kens magical chamber of farts

Ken Zomg

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a battle practicality than anything, though.

Yeah. I know. Fantasy RPGs feature women in next to nothing killing things, and berserkers have crap-ass defense, but I'd imagine it'd be more practical to fight in pants than a loincloth thong in a FE setting...

More of a battle practicality than anything, though.

Yeah. I know. Fantasy RPGs feature women in next to nothing killing things,

As far as I can tell FE acknowledges that this is a pretty bad idea and tends to be pretty egalitarian and pragmatic with its depiction (and clothing/armouring) of women.

And just a personal bugbear, but if we let women into the Fighter -> Warrior and Pirate -> Berserker lines there will no longer be any mainstream male-exclusive classes without a female counterpart, but women will still be able to be Troubadours -> Valkyries and Pegasus knights -> Falcon knights. Just something for you to think about.

Edited by Byte2222

Hmm... if female troubadours promote to Valkyries, then male troubadours will promote to... Vikings!!! AXES STAVES RAWWWRGHH

VIKING METAL!!!!!!11!!!one!!!

Bolt Axe and Vikings go perfectly together. Norse mythology ftw

...Great. Now I have to draw more dudes.

Edited by Ken Zomg

I'd say the Troubadour class needs a new name and a male counterpart to the Valkyrie needs a name which reflects the nature of Valkyries ingame e.g. when considering what I'd do for a 3rd promotion choice patch (not that I could ever make one) I thought that Missionary might be a good name for a male counterpart to the Valkyrie because light magic use invites a religious name. Also some lingering influence from Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors from very, very long ago but the point still stands.

Of course the whole thing falls flat on its face if you have Valkyries as non-religious anima wielders like the two Elibe games so you need to know what you're going to do with the class.