Anouleth's HM Playthrough

Anouleth

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucia is useful with a forge right? I remember that chapter being a pain ^^' on my previous run.

Well, I beat the map before any reinforcements popped up, so she wasn't even useful for that, but other than that, she can be moderately useful with a forge. I seem to recall dondon using her and Mia in his run, but dondon presumably had Master Crowns available to promote her.

Although it just goes to show that all you need to 4-turn is Janaff/Ulki with Tear/Adept, Tibarn, and a Trueblade to clear the south-east portion (I used Edward, but Mia and Zihark could presumably do the job just as well).

Oh, I forgot to note that in 4-P, Tanith took a Seraph Robe and Energy Drop, Marcia took my other Energy Drop.

4-3

Distortions

5 turns

Preparations

I BEXP Tanith to level 7 and Jill to level 12. Tanith is given Nullify in place of Imbue/Shade. Paragon and Provoke are removed from Jill and sent to the convoy. Micaiah/Laura/Rhys get Restore staves, and Physic is placed in Rhys' hands. Marcia hangs on to Paragon/Daunt. I give out some forges. It's necessary to use Silver Lance forges in some cases since even with a +1 attack support and capped strength and a max mt Steel Lance, Tanith and Marcia still sometimes fail to 2HKO Warriors or Dracomasters or Halberdiers.

Turn 1

Jill moves right and kills the Short Spear Halberdier. Marcia moves southwest and kills one of the Halberdiers. Tanith uses a Javelin forge to kill another. Lethe and Mordecai shove Leanne, who Vigors Tanith/Marcia. Marcia kills the Bishop and cantos back onto the cliff. Tanith equips a Javelin, trades the +7 Javelin forge to the top of Marcia's inventory, uses a Pure Water and moves to the spot below the White Gem. Skrimir moves right and uses a Laguz Stone. Sigrun rescues Sothe and moves next to Leanne. Sanaki weakens the Sniper near Tanith with Purge, and my staff users all just move south and equip Restore. Naesala moves south, transforms and kills a Swordmaster.

Comments:

Tanith's positioning is vital to ensure that the Sages are all killed on enemy phase. Giving Marcia the +7 forge is also required so she can kill the Halberdier. The three Dracomasters on the RHS all suicide into Jill. Sanaki's Purge is necessary to ensure that the Sniper dies to Tanith's counter-attack. Micaiah is Slept and Silenced on Enemy Phase, but equipping the Restore staff cures this at the start of Turn 2.

Turn 2

Jill Hand Axes one of the Snipers and cantos south such that she is just on the edge of the remaining two Snipers' attack range. Sanaki finishes one of the Dracomasters with Purge, and Skrimir finishes his kill. Tanith finishes the other Dracomaster. Marcia finishes the Wind Edge Swordmaster, and cantos into position for Leanne to Vigor. Leanne Vigors after being shoved twice by Laura and Ilyana (in that order) and cantos left out of the range of the Swordmaster. Marcia kills the Swordmaster and cantos right. Marcia's placement is very specific, she is exactly six spaces above the Elsleep Bishop. Tanith kills the Crossbow Warrior to the north of Marcia and cantos 1 space north. Naesala moves south into the range of the Halberdier + Warrior.

Turn 3

Laura Restores Micaiah. Rhys Physics Jill. Tanith kills the left-most Crossbow Warrior, Marcia kills the Sniper, and they move into position for Leanne to Vigor. Sanaki weakens the rightmost Warrior for Marcia to finish, Tanith just kills the middle one normally. Naesala kills the Sniper that was behind them. I have to juggle Leanne with Sigrun and Sanaki to move her down two spaces. Skrimir moves to the right. Micaiah now Physics Marcia.

Comments:

Jill breaks one of her weapons on a Dracomaster because of an untimely Stun, which wasn't planned for.

Turn 4

Jill kills Numida and cantos in between the two Generals. Naesala kills Lekain. Tanith kills one of the Bishops, Marcia kills a Sniper, Leanne Vigors them. Tanith then finishes the Dracomaster and Marcia takes out another Sniper. Skrimir kills the Sage in the northeast.

Turn 5

I finish off the last few stragglers.

I think a 4 turn strategy might be possible for this map... but it would probably require some luck.

4-4

Revelations

6 turns

Preparations

I give Nailah Pass. Boyd and Titania take Paragons. Boyd himself takes a Speedwing. I'm actually a little bit hesitant about this move, since it only helps him double Swordmasters. If it turns out I want the Speedwing later on, I may redo 4-3, because I left the Brave Axe on Jill, and move the Brave to Boyd so he can ORKO Swordmasters naturally. Rolf takes Wrath/Resolve and Boyd takes the other Resolve. On my dry run, Rolf did not need Wrath/Resolve because he had 30AS - I only managed 28AS on him this time, so he needs a little something for his offense. The Talisman goes on Ike, to reduce the chance of being Slept.

Turn 1

Nolan shoves Ike, who climbs the ledge and kills the Sniper. Boyd follows him and kills the Halberdier. Vika shoves Boyd. Nailah moves, transforms, and uses a Pure Water. Shinon shoves Rafiel, who climbs the ledge and Vigors Boyd + Ike + Nailah. Nailah moves next to the Axe General but does not kill him. Boyd moves up the stairs and uses a Pure Water, Ike moves to the foot of the stairs, in the range of the Warrior on the RHS, and uses a Pure Water.

Muarim kills the Halberdier from the left. Tormod moves to the left of Muarim. Gatrie shoves Rolf, who climbs the ledge and attacks the General. Mist then climbs the ledge and trades the Aqqar to the top of his inventory and shoves him. Oscar weakens the Swordmaster with a Javelin forge, Titania puts a Steel forge at the top of his inventory and finishes the Swordmaster, then Cantos right 1 space.

Comments:

Pure Water is vital to reduce the chance of Ike being Slept on Turns 2 and 3.

Turn 2

Initially, I intended to use the Rescue staff to move Rafiel into position, but I decide to have Vika and Mist shove him instead (Rescue staff is traded to Vika). The downside is that Mist is now too far away to reach Boyd or Ike.

Ike moves up and kills the Sniper from 1-range. Tormod moves up and Meteors the door on the RHS. Boyd kills the Halberdier from 2-range. Rafiel then Vigors Ike/Boyd/Tormod. Tormod moves to the top of the ledge to the right and Meteors the door a second time. Muarim moves below him to prevent him being killed, and trades Meteor away from him. Ike climbs the ledge and kills the Wind Sage, leaving himself in range of the Axe General. Boyd moves to the stairs on the left and kills the Killer Lance General with a Silver forge.

Meanwhile, Rolf finishes the General. Gatrie shoves Shinon, who climbs the ledge and trades Aqqar to the top of Rolf's inventory. Nolan weakens the Warrior with a Bowgun, Titania finishes him, and Oscar trades Hand Axe forge to the top of her inventory and kills the Swordmaster with a Javelin forge, cantos to the right.

Comments:

Rolf has some chance of death this turn, but Resolve keeps it quite low. Breaking open the door on the RHS allows the Sages inside to suicide on Ike. Tormod is 1-rounded by the Arcthunder Sage, trading Meteor away reduces the chances of that happening when combined with ledge penalties. Ike dodges a Sleep staff.

Turn 3

Nailah kills the Swordmaster from the right. Ike and Boyd kill the General from 2-range. This sets Rafiel up to Vigor them. Nailah then heads right and finishes the Axe General that Ike weakened, while Boyd kills the Taksh Warrior and Ike kills the Tempest Blade Swordmaster.

Tormod weakens the other door, Muarim trades Meteor away again. Titania and Oscar finish their Warriors and Canto right. Rolf breaks the door open. Vika opens the Chest for the Statue Frag and sends the Rescue staff to the Convoy.

Comments:

I was quite lucky with Rolf killing most of the enemies so fast on the left hand side and not dying. Ike dodges another Sleep Staff.

Turn 4

Tormod finally smashes open the door on the right hand side of the map, letting the delicious contents emerge. Nailah kills the Sniper there. Oscar and Titania kill the General and Canto north. Vika opens the Chest for the Blizzard. Ike and Boyd kill the remaining two of the three Generals that blocked their way. Rafiel Vigors them and they take out the Sleep Bishop and the Bishop to the right of Oliver. Rolf starts moving towards the right hand side of the map. Shinon finishes the Halberdier he left alive.

Comments:

Oliver recruits himself here.

Turn 5

I don't really recall what I did with Titania and Oscar on this turn. Just killing in the northeast, I suppose. Nailah kills the General, Rolf continues to make his way to the right and switches to the Aqqar (he is luring down a Halberdier). Ike and Boyd finish the last two Generals, get Vigored and finish the last Bishop.

Turn 6

Just clearing up the last few stragglers with Rolf/Titania/Oscar here.

4-5

Unforgivable Sin

Very little to say here.

1 turn

Bastian recruits Volke. Kyza Smites Elincia, who uses the Rescue staff on Edward. Reyson vigors her, she uses the staff again, then Edward kills Izuka with the Tempest Blade.

Stats before 4-E

Name    Lvl     Exp  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
Micaiah  6/ 4/ 1 73  19   5  15  13   9  16   5  12
Ike     --/19/13 82  61  36   6  40  36  20  37  16

Jill    19/17/14 55  55  35  10  30  35  32  32  22
Marcia  --/15/13 33  50  32  14  28  36  27  27  30
Tanith  --/20/11 65  50  32  16  34  35  27  27  28
Naesala -----/28 89  60  18   7  20  21  21  13  14

Boyd    --/20/11 32  41  40   7  33  35  20  30  17
Rolf    --/14/ 5 21  50  33   7  33  30  19  21  15
Titania --/20/ 6 97  45  32  16  30  29  23  25  21
Oscar   --/18/ 6 57  52  29  14  30  31  24  25  17
Nailah  -----/33 71  66  17   5  23  19  35  16  13

Edward  20/16/ 5 16  47  30   8  36  34  24  20  15
Elincia -----/ 4  1  38  22  20  24  24  31  21  29
Tibarn  -----/31 66  68  18   2  24  20  29  16  10
Janaff  -----/30 39  58  16   3  20  18  31  13   8
Ulki    -----/30 25  61  17   3  18  20  26  13  11

I still have a Spirit Dust, Boots, and ~11800 BEXP.

Edited by Anouleth

Just completed 4-E. I'm not going to bother writing up what I did there, I really can't be arsed. I'll say that I ended up bringing Titania, Boyd, Tanith, Marcia, Jill, and the Royals. Giffca in particular was very good, it was very easy to cap his strength and speed, and he 1-rounded Cover Generals in 4-E-1, which was useful. Here are my overall turncounts for this game:

Turncounts

1-P 7

1-1 7

1-2 8

1-3 8

1-4 7

1-5 6

1-6 9

1-7 5

1-8 3

1-9 7

1-E 6

2-P 9

2-1 7

2-2 5

2-3 5

2-E 3

3-P 7

3-1 6

3-2 3

3-3 7

3-4 7

3-5 2

3-6 13

3-7 13

3-8 4

3-9 5

3-10 4

3-11 5

3-12 7

3-13 3

3-E 5

4-P 2

4-1 3

4-2 4

4-3 5

4-4 6

4-5 1

4-E-1 3

4-E-2 1

4-E-3 1

4-E-4 1

4-E-5 2

222 turns total

Killcounts

1st

Boyd 120

2nd

Edward 104

3rd

Jill 97

4th

Ike 85

5th

Marcia 67

Other notable units

Titania 61

Oscar 60

Rolf 50

Tanith 49

Anybody who can get lower turncounts than even dondon151 needs to be respected(granted, you were using growths, unlike DD151 who nearly always does his PT's with 0% growths). Anyway, congrats Anou. And what's even more impressive is that you did it with some underrated characters(I mean, Rolf is normally redundant when you have Shinon, and most people use Haar over pegasus knights. Not to mention Boyd and Edward are in UU. I actually really liked your unit options.)

Granted, when I played the game, I used some weird options myself.(like, I tried to give Leo a chance, but most of the time, he kept failing. Of course.)

Also, Boyd's HP is a typo. It is impossible for Boyd to have 41 HP when his --/8 base is 45(50 with transfers). You probably meant 61.