my hacking questions thread

FragMaster

so, im trying to hack my FE8 and im using nightmare, when i change moulder's and natasha's character class in the chapter unit editor, they don't seem to be changed. im making my moulder into a bishop and my natasha into a valkyrie, but what happens is that they're still the same cleric and priest. any help please?

Edited by FragMaster

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have all the modules? If so, have a look at them and you can probably find all the more interesting stuff. Just giving my modules a quick look, I can...

• Change enemy classes and weapons
  • Change the contents of shops
  • Change things like the weather of maps
  • Edit any class or character however I want, including stats, growths, some skills, movement type, weapons etc.
  • Edit weapons stats, including bonus stats
  • Edit promotion items
  • Edit character sprites and portraits
  • Edit promotion paths and bonuses
  • Change summons
  • And lots of other smaller things or things that I don't even know how to do - like editing the promotion level (former) or moving enemies starting positions (latter).

So, there's lots of things you can do, if you have the modules for it.

well i only have nightmare, so i dont think that ill be able to change the sprites or anything.

i have this idea in FE8 about double promotions. but i just dont know how to make it work lol

Nothing at all, class growths affect generic enemy growths. Character growths affect how specific characters will grow as they level up.

Most of the time you edit growths in character editor and bases in both editors. Character base + Class base = in game base

Edited by Dancer A

Some things are not as hard as they seem ^_^. If you want double promotions then make a list on what type of class you want and then maybe you can import animations from the other GBA games and use them as the promotion animations. Making the custom animations is much harder though.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

i have no idea how to do anything about sprites so i just improvised. lol

i have the double promotions working but, its not branched promotions sad.gif and im changing the difficulty a bit, making it a bit more challenging. only thing left is making a patch lol which i also have no idea how to do.