Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Have there been any changes to Amid/Hawk not mentioned in the changelog? I'm trying to think of ways to sex them up a bit. Hawk really doesn't need that much; maybe a little bit of base stat love and it'll make him comparable to an inferior Sety. As for Amid... hard to say. Class changes? Comedy Big Shield Mage option? By default he doesn't promote the way Arthur does so he's kind of crappy in that respect. Also has an arguably worse starting class.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk currently is a Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop. I'm still in the process of tweaking him. Amid currently has Wrath and Holy Sword, but I guess changing him a little couldn't hurt.

It would be cool if Hawk had Minor Heim, which would give you an alternative user for Aura and Resire instead of them being basically locked to Julia.

High Priests have B rank Light Magic, Aura also being B ranked. Right now, Hawk has access to Hell, which I'll need to try and balance.

That's going to make the storyline of Chapter 8 kind of awkward.

"Ha ha! We have overthrown the dark rulers of Manster thanks to our dark ruler, Hawk!"

Where will the Dark tomes come from?

That's going to make the storyline of Chapter 8 kind of awkward.

"Ha ha! We have overthrown the dark rulers of Manster thanks to our dark ruler, Hawk!"

Where will the Dark tomes come from?

He currently starts with them. Let's pretend Hawk was evil but then saw the light... like Salem, except he doesn't stink!

High Priests have B rank Light Magic, Aura also being B ranked. Right now, Hawk has access to Hell, which I'll need to try and balance.

In case you didn't know, the Hell effect isn't hard coded to it. You could make it a regular spell. The HP bars aren't even funky like they are when altering Resire!

I'm making progress guys! I'm almost done with chapter 3, just replacing a few enemies and changing their locations. You might actually have to... gasp!... defend your home castle! Chapter 4 should be interesting, I've got a lot of room to make edits. The difficulty's a little more level now, although there are still a few nasty commanders lurking around.

I still have a little room left for some new classes. Here's a new one making a guest appearance!

9d4e83cbf487ad1418bfcbea6ca6d743.png?1329697832082caf7d001d0e19e6639fe1ea56f479.png?1329698451

Harmless as it may seem, it's relatively difficult to OHKO this guy, and 32 magical attack is not something you want to be eating. Plus;

05a737e9f8c47cf1bbeb31528fbc4af3.png?1329697968

Because I love you guys!

I read that as 82 Damage at first, which...yeah, that really would've sucked.

Anyways, will try out Shin Patch!

OK, boys and girls! A new version is up! All of the first generation has been Shin'd, you guys are going to hate me for some of the stuff I've included. Don't worry, it's not the 91 skill Sniper.

Woah, I made it into the thanks somehow! Thanks Shin!

Minor nitpick, Midir kinda sucks until he get a more accurate bow, as good as the longbow is. Maybe kick the steel axe out of the chapter 1 shop and drop in an iron/steel bow? Ardan could theoretcially start with a steel axe as well, it's not like it would make him any better than he was in the first place, and he never really has monetary issues.

:facepalm:

Shin: 1

Horace: 10000

There's a second steel in chapter 2. Only Midale would want it any way, the Killer Bow grants him a skill he already has.

• 2 weeks later...

XD You just love making me redownload this and restart my progress all over don't you? Hmmm okay give me some pairing suggestions since I have to start all over again XD

The save files should be compatible! You can go pretty wild with pairings, most of them are pretty usable - just in strange ways.

Oh I know, but it takes something away from the experience if I don't start a brand new game to see every single change XD or I just have way too much time on my hands... -_-; now if only I could come up with a good plot for my hack... dammit I need help with that...

Hmm well I guess I'll finally try out Holsety!Tinny XD though it breaks my heart not to pair Levin with Fury that's one of my OTPs for this game, and not because of how insanely powerful Sety can be XD

• 2 weeks later...

A few nice things to show you all!

2bdfb987257370f873b648936e3125a4.png?1331766400

Yied's been revamped! Now you'll actually have to walk through the desert! Don't worry, it's not that bad!

870024ea70d0a2e939c539df1ed12aa5.png?1331766467

It's actually possible to enter from the right of the castle, and there's a village to the left!

e2cdb0e51cc0aa479b81e2a6408ca98e.png?1331766524

I don't think I thought this through!

Text editing is another thing I want to do. I have all the files, I just don't know how to use Ubuntu :P.

Of course you didn't think it through, you should have promoted Fin in Gen 1, silly.

Also, do Mage Knights have horse or mage movement through the desert? Curious, I am.

Edited by Darros

They've got horsey movement. Since Celice can't dismount any more, chapter 7's become quite interesting, since Junior Lords have mage movement... who can dash through the desert! I wasn't able to promote him, since I forgot to give him everything, and enemies aren't a joke any more.

• 4 weeks later...

Those Dark Mages weren't jokes to begin with! Well, at least the ones near the start weren't. Balmung makes everything a joke.

You should fix your Dew screnshot in the OP, Shin.

Edited by Folgore Blue

Hey, things are going pretty well, except that Nightmare's died on me. A fresh download of the program itself, the modules and a clean rom still show blank boxes, which is a little troublesome when it comes to going further.

Good news. everyone! My test monkey has helped suss out that my Nightmare is broken rather than me borking my working version. Nightmare 2 works so I'm still rolling!