Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Random, but a while ago I ordered the fe4 figures and most came broken. I found it ironic that Eltoshan came beheaded. Maybe the sellers were trying to give me an authentic fe4 experience ;D

It has been noted that the figures are extremely fragile. Someone cut an arm off with a thrown index card iirc.

Edited by sirmola

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl, how is that even possible? well it's good to know that they took great care in crafting these figures...

Edited by quasimopho13

• 4 weeks later...

Astra, Luna and Sol all act as they would normally. However, they can activate on any weapon used and can activation together. Holy Sword deals an extra 20 damage and heals the user, basically making it an improved Sol. Darkness Sword will randomly multiply damage by 1, 2 or 3 and can reduce enemy attack damage.

Wait a second, Astra and Holy can proc simultaneously? You mean that Dew!Ulster and Dew!Larcei would have a chance of doing five hits of +20 damage, for a total of 100 potential bonus damage?

Or Holyn!Ulster/Larcei would be able to use the black knight's ECLIPSE!?

As awesome as that sounds, that also sounds ludicrously overpowered...

Wait a second, Astra and Holy can proc simultaneously? You mean that Dew!Ulster and Dew!Larcei would have a chance of doing five hits of +20 damage, for a total of 100 potential bonus damage?

Or Holyn!Ulster/Larcei would be able to use the black knight's ECLIPSE!?

As awesome as that sounds, that also sounds ludicrously overpowered...

I'm pretty sure the only way the non Astra abilities can be used five times in a row during Astra is for them to activate by themselves 5 times in a row.

Hey, were there any changes made to Sylvia that should give me pause about opting for her replacement children in this patch? I usually go for Laylea and Sharlow instead of Leen and Corple because of elite and charisma, the latter allowing me to fill out my perfect support phalanx: http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Raustblackdragon/media/perfectsupportphalanx.png.html

Laylea, Delmud and Nanna all have a 50% accuracy/evade boost in that formation. Everyone else in that formation? SIXTY PERCENT.

I just want to say, this patch is amazing and a lot of fun. However, I had a tiny issue with the game freezing during a conversation with Maios in chapter 4. Every time you fight him and he begins to speak the game freezes about when he finishes his first line of dialogue. By skipping the conversation entirely (pressing start) I was able to get around the issue, but I thought I would mention it anyways. I did keep a save of the turn the game froze on in case you would like it.

I just want to say, this patch is amazing and a lot of fun. However, I had a tiny issue with the game freezing during a conversation with Maios in chapter 4. Every time you fight him and he begins to speak the game freezes about when he finishes his first line of dialogue. By skipping the conversation entirely (pressing start) I was able to get around the issue, but I thought I would mention it anyways. I did keep a save of the turn the game froze on in case you would like it.

I'll try and get around it at some point, although I lost a lot of my progress when my last laptop exploded.

While finally finishing this I noticed a bug in the Con system: if [Wt - Str/5] results in a negative number it raises your Attack Speed above your Speed. I noticed this when equipping the Slim Sword: the unit's Avoid went higher than Spd*2 + Luck.

While finally finishing this I noticed a bug in the Con system: if [Wt - Str/5] results in a negative number it raises your Attack Speed above your Speed. I noticed this when equipping the Slim Sword: the unit's Avoid went higher than Spd*2 + Luck.

have screenshots?

seems like an odd thing to happen, maybe the mod had a misstep in the programming

I can say for certain that the (weight - [str or mag]/2) mod works perfectly in my own patch

Edited by Lamia

have screenshots?

seems like an odd thing to happen, maybe the mod had a misstep in the programming

ScreenShot2014-08-19at113352AM.pngScreenShot2014-08-19at113413AM.png

Provided Shin hasn't changed the Avoid formula, Delmud's base Avoid (unarmed) would be 28*2 + 19 = 75. Right now it's lower because he has the Hero Sword equipped. However, when I equip the Slim Sword, his Avoid jumps to 81. In addition, I'd like to point out that the Hero Sword has 7 Weight and yet Delmud is only losing 2 Speed (instead of 3). When I do the math:

Slim Sword AS: 28 - (1 - 24/5) = 28 + 3.8 = 31.8, which rounds down to 31. Note that it can round down in two steps.

Hero Sword AS: 28 - (7 - 24/5) = 28 - 2.2 = 25.8, but it rounds up to 26 here.

From this I can draw two conclusions:

1. The game does not convert negative net weight values to 0 before subtracting from speed or cap AS at base speed.

2. The game rounds Str/5 down after it is subtracted from Weight, but before net weight is subtracted from speed, instead of right after dividing.

tl;dr the AS calculation lacks a "cap at AS" function and cuts decimals in the wrong step.

what an oddity! I compare it to the (str/2 or mgc/2) patch, but I wonder if the str/5 patch was done by a different person, as the half stat one calculates AS properly if over the requirement and always rounds STR down first

however at least it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme, slight dodge boost when wearing weapons weighted 1-5 when at 15/20/25/30 strength (which there can't be all that many weapons)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Judging from the screen and the description of an interesting hack but I have a problem I can not patch the rom 4 emblem fire while trying to unearth it in the emulator write error rum How to fix it ???

Are you using the clean japanese rom? Are you hard patching or soft patching?

• 2 months later...

OK, this is a project I've neglected for a little too long! The final goals will be finishing final and making a last few balance tweaks. I lost virtually all my progress on the redone mugs but I suppose they can't be that hard to redo, they were by me after all!

something of note that I discovered for my hack, I should mention; the sibling bonus editor is not exactly correct

I noticed you had some three-character sibling bonuses, which I also have in my hack

however, on some testing I was doing, since critical rates are displayed I was able to see some that worked and some that did not in an easier method of testing

I discovered that the supports use pointers, not some 00 separator thing as the module indicates

if you want to make it working properly you should check out the pointers (they're right before the data, at $7BEE8)

Edited by Lamia

• 1 month later...

After losing all my progress due to an exploding computer, I've put out a minor revision patch. It doesn't really change much, but hopefully it should make things a little more interesting until I can motivate myself to redo the final chapter's map (again).

• 3 weeks later...