Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I haven't really tested any of the mobile emulators, although I can confirm that a patched rom will work on a Homebrewed Wii's emulator. This project is kinda on hold for a while, mostly because of university work and difficulties with reclaiming lost progress.

I'm afraid I haven't really tested any of the mobile emulators, although I can confirm that a patched rom will work on a Homebrewed Wii's emulator. This project is kinda on hold for a while, mostly because of university work and difficulties with reclaiming lost progress.

The only working emulator is one that costs 5 bucks and the free version didn't allow me to save my game

I don't know if these have been reported before, or even if you're looking for bug reports, but I figured I'd note a couple of things that I've noticed.

-Unless I'm misunderstanding how Holy Sword works, while his statscreen says he has it, whenever it activates, it appears as if Dew has Sol, like in the original.

-I paired Ira and Ardan. While both kids appear to be missing Great Shield (Which Arden seemed to has as a Citizen skill instead of a soldier one), Celice seems to have it instead.

I really like Shin patch, so here's hoping you get the motivation to do what else you wanna do with it, it's great fun to play. Although I gotta say, maybe Ira/Arden is just a really good pairing, but Lakche and her brother with the stupid name are REALLY good. Once again though, great work so far, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there no plans to make Holy Weapons sellable and other weapons such as Valflame and Mjolnir to be obtainable like in Binary?

Edited by Rapier

Are there no plans to make Holy Weapons sellable and other weapons such as Valflame and Mjolnir to be obtainable like in Binary?

The current holy weapons are sellable ingame, they just don't have their sell price shown. The others, I'm not so sure of, there was a patch that let people with minor holy blood use it for half bonuses, but that might take some work.

• 2 weeks later...

A good idea for the substitutes would be decreasing Linda's and Amid's HP growth by 20% and their Speed growth by 30% and giving them after that change minor Holsety Blood. It always annoys me seeing Leaf/Janne getting even more OP Weapons (SO MANY GOD DAMN A RANKS) while the real Magic user are just getting some ,,El-Wind/Fire/Thunder tomes". With minor Holsety Blood each of them will be able to have a A Rank tome (While Janne gets Bolganon :Orson: ). And from Story related things it would also make sense. While Ethnia marries some unknown guy in the normal FE4 she would now marry a unknown noble from Silessia in your Patch :0

The reason behind this, is boosting some substitutes that kinda deserves better Weapons consindering they don't have pursuit or 7-8 Move.

Edited by Yoshiki Kishinuma

• 3 weeks later...

*scratches head* I am having quite a problem patching this, I got a FE4 rom, started it and SNES9X says checksum OK, so I assume its a rom with a header, so I go ahead and patch it and then I get checksum error. So I get a different rom, from a different source, same issue, I get a different patched than lunar IPS, same issue. I am going to try and download the patch again just in case it somehow became corrupted.

The game also is unplayable on ZSNES it says checksum error.

Edit to be specific it says corrupt rom. How big is the patched product supposed to be? 1.94 gives me a file that is one KB smaller than the un patched one...

Edit 2 Nvm, turns out it lacks a header, to @Shin could you consider adding to the OP that a rom with a header should be 4,194,816 bytes? If its neither a problem with the moderators or with you. Is just that before stumbling on that bit of info on romhacking.net I wasn't aware of it.

Edit 3: Got tit to work on ZSNES (and now to figure how to set the paths) I played for a bit, cool that the knight dude can now move a lot more, I never touched him much on the original FE4 because his poor movement kinda made him lag... a lot.

And I fought the bandits... Killer axes? the hell? why so early game? Also are graphical glitches on the 'scene parts' common? (not a complaint, just wanting to make sure I patched the thing correctly after several days trying to figure it out.

Anyway I managed to beat the prologue jesus christ I had forgotten how annoying it was.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

if you change a ROM then obviously the original checksum is going to be wrong and appear 'corrupted', all patches do that (a checksum is essentially an internal thing to make sure all the data is correct)

Edited by Lamia

• 2 weeks later...

if you change a ROM then obviously the original checksum is going to be wrong and appear 'corrupted', all patches do that (a checksum is essentially an internal thing to make sure all the data is correct)

No, no my problem was that every ROM I found lacked a header, so I had to figure out how to add a correct header to it.

• 3 months later...
Posted · Hidden by Integrity, October 10, 2015 - poff
Hidden by Integrity, October 10, 2015 - poff

*scratches head* I am having quite a problem patching this, I got a FE4 rom, started it and SNES9X says checksum OK, so I assume its a rom with a header, so I go ahead and patch it and then I get checksum error. So I get a different rom, from a different source, same issue, I get a different patched than lunar IPS, same issue. I am going to try and download the patch again just in case it somehow became corrupted.

The game also is unplayable on ZSNES it says checksum error.

Edit to be specific it says corrupt rom. How big is the patched product supposed to be? 1.94 gives me a file that is one KB smaller than the un patched one...

Edit 2 Nvm, turns out it lacks a header, to @Shin could you consider adding to the OP that a rom with a header should be 4,194,816 bytes? If its neither a problem with the moderators or with you. Is just that before stumbling on that bit of info on romhacking.net I wasn't aware of it.

Edit 3: Got tit to work on ZSNES (and now to figure how to set the paths) I played for a bit, cool that the knight dude can now move a lot more, I never touched him much on the original FE4 because his poor movement kinda made him lag... a lot.

And I fought the bandits... Killer axes? the hell? why so early game? Also are graphical glitches on the 'scene parts' common? (not a complaint, just wanting to make sure I patched the thing correctly after several days trying to figure it out.

Anyway I managed to beat the prologue jesus christ I had forgotten how annoying it was.

Same problem here? Can anyone point to me a header FE4 rom?

• 4 weeks later...

shin if you read this, modify your patch to remove the last couple bytes of the ROM, dunno how those got there but doing so resolved the issue of another guy's, and may solve hanhnn's problem too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sir, first of all, I'm really enjoying LPing this and I really thank you for your hard work. Second, I have a few questions.

Can Claude!Lana inherit the Valkyrie staff? If not, can you switch Lana and Lester's blood inheritance without changing their equipment? This is because they can only have Blaggi and Holsety major blood and Lester has no need for them (also, as you surely know, Claude and Aideen share a few conversations).

Will you ever upload the growth rates?

You had plans about changing some mugs. Have you scrapped that idea, or am I so blind I can't notice the changes?

... Are you ok with me LPing this, right? I really should have asked this first, sorry about that.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Hey, thanks for playing, I really hope you're having fun. To my knowledge, it's not possible/particularly easy to only swap weapon inheritance. Lester would be rather short of luck inheriting Aideen's stuff and it would generally have a greater negative impact on Lester.

I always tell myself that I'll include a changelog with all the growths one day, I just keep putting it off and then change things so I have to start over!

The mugs are currently unchanged due to laziness on my part. I also lost a lot of them when my old computer exploded so they're on hold for the moment. Go ahead, I've actually been following your LP and have been enjoying it so far! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Shin.

I've been really wanting to play your patch, but I just can't make it work.

Can't hard patch it with Lunar IPS, it says "file is not an ips file"

Neither does the Zsnes run it, it runs like there's no patch, in japanese and with no changes. :(

What do I do?

EDIT:

LOL. I think Microsoft Edge was fucking up the download -.- Just tried downloading with firefox and it went well...

Edited by Gabe

Really enjoying the Patch so far. I noticed that Voltz army still charged Lewyn so I don't know if the one for download is an older patch or not.

Also I was wondering when you are going to post a change log or at least current character growths? If you're still willing to change some stuff you should give Jamka or Midayle some magic growth (if you haven't already since I can't really tell) so lana isn't as magic screwed in their pairings with Adean.

I really enjoy the patch though and hope this doesn't become a necro post.

No matter her father, Lana will always have at least the growths of her mother, so she should be fine.

Meanwhile Leif starts with a magic sword and gets tomes on promotion, but he only has 7% magic growth. With 5% higher growth for both his parents he would have 15% and possibly an higher base, seems reasonable (wouldn't change his parents by much, if at all).

On a different note, can you give a class skill to the High Priestess? High Priests can promote further, so it's a bit unfair. Same thing for Prince and Princess: I don't know if you changed the Prince class, but Lachesis gets pursuit before promotion and staves.

Yeah I agree, High Priestess do kinda need something to compensate for the fact that High Priests can promote, maybe a skill like miracle or charisma would work. Lana usually all ready gets pursuit from most of Adean's parings, but something to at least keep Lana in the same league as Corpul, since Corpul's boost makes him at an even higher level than Lana.

Leif should get a good boost in magic some how, a 15% growth seems reasonable but at least a magic growth to compare to the first gen Master Knight would make it a little easier to use Leif with staves and tomes. (Last I checked I think Raquesis has a growth of 25% I think? so at least a 20% growth would help Leif out.)

• 4 months later...

Does this still only work with zsnes?

The best results come from using ZSNES, but I've heard other users have had some success with other emulators!

I would like to ask what are the new class base stats (And Weapon Ranks) if they were changed.

Edited by Troykv