Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Ahoy Admiral, thank you for changing hosts, I've been playing this patch for the last couple hours, and I've noticed some things, I don't know if you're aware of them, but I thought I'd say anyway~

Holy Sword and Darkness Sword don't have descriptions when viewed on the stats screen.

Holyn doesn't have a class, either in the arena or on his stat screen.

Holy Sword can activate with Dew using a bow, and when it does, it shows the usual sparkles, then Dew nocking an arrow, which vanishes immediately. The screen doesn't scroll as if it's following the trajectory of an invisible arrow, and the enemy's HP bar doesn't drop. It still does damage though, because I've killed an enemy this way - it was pretty funny seeing someone who was apparently at full health drop dead instantly. This happened in the arena so I'm not sure whether it's specific to there.

It's a great patch though ^_^ It's nice to have a new way to play!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of these problems are known... but I can't do much about them. Holyn has his own class but it has no name, same with the swords and the other's a graphical doohicky.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever happen to change the killer axe to be seperate from the hand axe? I remember playing this patch a while ago and was a bit irked that half the enemies in ch prologue/1 were running around with 2 range killer weapons. Regardless, definitely downloading this again since I remember having some great fun with it.

edit: guess not, psp flat out refuses to run it for some reason. Dunno why either.

edit2: So I apparently found my older file of the patch, but haha uh, I apparently broke the game, since the game freezes when I try to fight Enemy 6 in the arena. Was it because I, the idiot I am, combined the Shin patch with some other updated mugs patch? Probably.

Edited by Davinatorman

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I have tried patching it through LunarIPS. I keep on seeing something about 'corrupt' on the loading screen. I'm guess that means something is wrong with the rom I'm using, but I've tried a new rom and a new patch. The result is always a fail.

A few questions aside from that though. What is a headered/unheadered rom? What does it mean to soft patch something and what would I need to do that? LunarIPS is hard patching, right?

I have 2 other patches and I can apply them just fine to a fresh rom (they're just translation patches though if that makes a difference) with LunarIPS, so I don't think I'm patching them incorrectly...

But I must be doing SOMETHING somewhere along the process.

Having trouble gettting this to work, soft or hard patching isn't doing this for me. Does anyone know for sure whether a headered or non headered ROM is needed for this.

EDIT: I got a ROM from another site and soft patching worked for me.

Edited by Ryan7556

I DID IT, I FIGURED OUT SOFT PATCHING ALL BY MYSELF

I R PROUD

I just renamed my rom to the name of the patch, and it worked.

LOL, 1-2 RANGE KILLER WEAPONS. How will Azel live through this? ;-;

Ardan is a general now? Pr0

Fire and axes are a lot lighter. No one on my team has negative avoid. I'm liking this already.

I'm not terribly fond of some of the translations in the newest patch. They shouldn't interfere with each other, so you should be able to apply the new one over this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on chapter 3 now, really enjoying the patch~

de81f830d2a74072a13da44.png

Is this guy supposed to drop the A rank wind tome? I'm pretty sure that empty book wasn't in his inventory in regular fe4.

Oh ya, and those paladins back in chapter 2... the ones that protect Lachesis, I mean. They all had a droppable ring in their inventory. If they had died, would I have been able to get their rings?

Oops, that will be fixed in the next release. Those rings were there to make the knights a little less pathetic. Ignore the drop icon, it doesn't mean anything on an allied unit.

• 4 months later...

Page three? How shameful! The Shin Patch should not be on a page with boobs! Version 1.91 is released! Check the OP for details!

Getting a black screen, which is odd because I remember playing part of this half a year ago.

Hello there! Can I ask which emulator you're using? The Shin Patch typically works best with ZSNES.

I have a Mac(lol) and SNES9X works better with it. This would make sense but I was able to play an earlier version with SNES9X just fine. Now I either get a corrupted ROM or the black screen.

I've tested it with a windows copy of Snes9x and it doesn't work. Unfortunately, all I can recommend is using ZSNES. I do believe there is a Mac build.

I'm not quite sure why either. Shugey, I've added an additional note at the bottom regarding snes9x. Hopefully a solution will turn up :P.

I just opened it in snes9x and it seems to be working fine, though I need to change my controls back since I've been playing megaman 7 XD (I switch the buttons around since I use a 360 usb controller and I like the green button to be shoot and the red button to be jump which is probably horribly backwards but I always reconfigure it like that when I play megaman XD)

Looking forward to the changes and maybe I'll actually get all the way through this time. (I'm a horrible procrastinator)

Edit: For the record I'm using snes9x 1.51 which is possibly horribly outdated I have no idea I haven't exactly even checked if its updated... well... ever.... at least I THINK that's the version... its the name of the folder its in and I dunno to lazy to bother to check.

Edited by iavasechui