Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason the Slim Sword is so expensive, so fragile, and requires such a high weapon rank to use? It's no where near powerful enough to justify all of that, given that it's got such low damage output against everything except cavalry.

Is there any reason the Slim Sword is so expensive, so fragile, and requires such a high weapon rank to use? It's no where near powerful enough to justify all of that, given that it's got such low damage output against everything except cavalry.

I feel like it was meant for Ethlin to use solely. It criticals Calvary and Armored units, and also I assume with a high strength Ethlin it does serious damage.

I feel like it was meant for Ethlin to use solely. It criticals Calvary and Armored units, and also I assume with a high strength Ethlin it does serious damage.

I know it used to crit Armor units, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't do that anymore, and Ethlin's not really a good enough fighter to overcome the weapon's low might, and she ends up getting a better weapon in Chapter 2 anyway. There's also multiple ones that can be bought from castle vendors or that other characters start with.

It's currently being balanced. It was found that if it was effective against armours, Sigurd could just use it to blitz enemy bosses. Still, I'm open to any ideas, both regarding its might and effectiveness.

I think the sword can fill a viable anti-cavalry niche without changing its might, weight, or accuracy stats, and I don't think it really needs to be an armor-killer like it used to be. It's biggest downfall is how quickly it breaks and how expensive it is to purchase and maintain, not to mention how a lot of sword using units can't use it because of its A rank.

Hey Shin, played the patch back in 1.7 and loved it, so I wanted to try out your latest improvements. I keep getting black screens when I try to load the game, whether Im using zsnes or snes9x, and for both soft and hard patching. The clean copy woks just fine though.

Hey Shin, played the patch back in 1.7 and loved it, so I wanted to try out your latest improvements. I keep getting black screens when I try to load the game, whether Im using zsnes or snes9x, and for both soft and hard patching. The clean copy woks just fine though.

That's very unusual, can I ask which version and operating system you're using?

Okay, so i never got past the 1st gen in FE4... i dont even know how to properly pair people... something involving castles?

I want to play this though, do you suggest i try to beat the game or go full shin mode?

I dont know what to expect really, but im excited!

Basically im just wondering if you recommend this to someone who hasnt even made it to the 2nd gen yet, playing FE:Forever has me stoked and into the mythos so i figure why the hell not.

Okay, so i never got past the 1st gen in FE4... i dont even know how to properly pair people... something involving castles?

I want to play this though, do you suggest i try to beat the game or go full shin mode?

I dont know what to expect really, but im excited!

Basically im just wondering if you recommend this to someone who hasnt even made it to the 2nd gen yet, playing FE:Forever has me stoked and into the mythos so i figure why the hell not.

You properly pair people by sticking them next to each other. Note that Sigurd, Cuan, and Ethlin can't be paired.

I'd play vanilla FE4 before doing Shin FE4, just to get a feel for the game mechanics.

You properly pair people by sticking them next to each other. Note that Sigurd, Cuan, and Ethlin can't be paired.

I'd play vanilla FE4 before doing Shin FE4, just to get a feel for the game mechanics.

Diadora also can't be paired.

[spoiler=later on in the game]Hannibal, 2nd Gen Fin, and Altenna also cannot be paired but 2nd gen pairing isn't important anyway

Playing the vanilla FE4 game beforehand would probably be a better idea, not only to get a feel for the mechanics, but I also found it easier granted I haven't updated my patch since like 1.2 or something. There's also more to appreciate in terms of changes if you play the original game first.

other than pairing i think i got the mechanics down... is it like the GBA FEs where its so many turns for a support im guessing?

Im kinda thinking that if i play it and beat it now, i might not wanna touch it for a month or so... then again this patch is constantly being reworked from what i gather.

First 50 turns love points accumulate between your units, I don't know if its just a passive boost with a bonus if adjacent or just the adjacent.... but after the first 50 turns love points stop accumulating until the next chapter. There's some obscure jealousy mechanic but I wouldn't bother with it. Basically just glue them together and make sure that Ayra gets her super special sword BEFORE you pair her or you never get it.

If you play Shin Patch before you played regular FE4, you'd make one very happy Shin.

So there's that.

If you play Shin Patch before you played regular FE4, you'd make one very happy Shin.

So there's that.

Not only did I play Shin FE4 before Vanilla FE4, I enjoyed the patch so much I'm too afraid to play Vanilla.

I don't even want to see how bad Arden is in Vanilla, because he's the definition of awesome in Shin patch.

(And he may or may not have inspired the KoT Patch for FE8 which I had to remake after my hard drive fried)

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I think Chapter 2 could use a little touching up.

-Those paladins defending Lachesis are just awful. The ones with the Speed and Power Rings have very little hope of making it past turns 4 and 5, which is about the fastest you can reach them, and none of the three are likely to survive fighting Elliot if he manages to get close. For the rest of the chapter they're easy to keep alive, but those first few turns are basically down to blind luck.

-Voltz keeps running off into the woods after Levin and Sylvia, and his little buddies get stuck slowly plodding through the woods after him. While he's unlikely to reach Sylvia and Levin as long as they keep moving and Levin consistently hits the bandits to stop them from destroying the villages, it's annoying to have to fish him out of there to nab his Elite Ring, and if he does catch up to Levin and Sylvia they are pretty much doomed. It also makes capturing the castle a little too easy, since the armors defending it don't put up much of a fight and there aren't many of them.

The rest of the chapter and the chapters preceding it were pretty fun, but these two bits were fairly annoying.

Edited by whenbananasattack

Thanks for the heads up, could someone send me a chapter 2 save? It'd be easier for me to fix it without having to go through the prologue and chapter 1 again :P.

Had the same thing with Voltz' posse, but if anything it made it easier since Beo still went for my actual army

Though something looks to be fishy with Fin's love growths. Mid chapter 3 and he's Aira's lover. despite never having left the castle and definitly never having been next to her.

I loaded a save from turn 1 of the chapter, and shes still single but in love with FIn in spite of the aforementioned conditions. Talked to her with Holyn for the hero sword and had them wait next to each other. After three turns suddenly Fin is her lover, again without him leaving the castle. Having Fin wait. Loading said save again, put FIn next to her and without the Hero Sword conversation, it only takes 2 turns, so doesnt look like the talk has anything to do with it

here is the save in question. Disregard my Ethlin

Edited by The Black Pot