Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Good news everyone, apparently the crash wasn't my fault! I also bring you new shiny things!

692cc140c9cbcbc86bf8fd475a7a97d0.png

I don't really consider myself that great at spriting, but with Lorena's tutorial, I couldn't resist!

They look pretty damn good. Can't wait to see the rest of the cast :o

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to insert them, Lorena provided a wonderful little tutorial on how to do so!

a80480cefb2b3f451ce599856ee65ff0.png

Ardan I'm not having much luck with. I tried to do a full splice from FE5 characters but I didn't like the result! Back to the drawing board!

I have to say, Lex kinda looks like he's about to cry. Don't know why, but his eyebrows and mouth just give a weird impression.

The shading and colours for Alec and Noish are surely superior to the original portraits, but Alec's lost some of his...expressiveness? The vanilla portrait gives him a little smirk, which could stand to be in this one. Otherwise I love the new mug.

NEW SPRITES wooo!

Looks good Shin. Is it possible to make Briggid look even more badass and amazing? :P

When you start off looking like a girly dude, it's not hard.

Thanks for the support everyone! I haven't had much luck with Ardan, but I'll keep at it. Since I'm a lazy punk, I'd be happy to accept any re-jigs that other people make! Be one with the SHIN!

After like an hour's work, I've finally got something inserted! Lorena's tutorial sure was handy!

bc7ecb68361227264c13fff30a53b757.png

And due to popular request (from one guy), Alec's been touched up a little, hopefully he's a little more charming!

fcbbdb6d6177442de28db80f2582aee2.png

I'll do what I can! Some feedback on the mugs people aren't too happy with would be amazing!

Sigurd feels a little short or stunted, but then again, that might be because his original mug has a freakishly large forehead/hair ratio, to the rest of the face.

Then again, the more I look at it, the less it seems strange :/

I found a lot of the mugs had really long heads, which seemed a little off. Part of my tweaks were actually to make then shorter, more akin to the FE5 mugs.

After many attempts, I think I've got Lex and Azel down! I could never quite grasp what Azel was wearing, so I kinda copied his official artwork.

000b269b3667de9daeb62fe76660e2d4.png

To me, Lex's shading is essentially still his FE4 style, so I see very little difference when compared to your Alec, Noishe, or Azel mugshots, which are noticeably different and thus feel fresher.

If you're working on a slice, perhaps use Hicks from FE5 as a base? I might be interested in making one up too :o

The problem is Lex's pose is rather unique. Very few sprites share his angle, and his hair's rather difficult to pull off. I'll give it a try, but I'm not particularly amazing when it comes to spriting.

does this mean that all the bosses wont have the same face anymore?

The Harold family shall not be disrespected

I never realized how weird Azel's mug was until you pointed it out. How does that even work

Well after my old Fe4 save deleting itself, this patch is my chance to play it again, was on chapter 7, my save took me back to chapter 3...

Though anyhow those mug do look nice and fresh, good work.