Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to make a final release. I don't have much time nowadays (and I'm lazy) but I want to remove any impossible moments. Most characters seem fine now, it's just a matter of making enemies manageable yet somewhat challenging. This map editor sounds interesting, if it's not too difficult, I might have a few ideas in mind.

Oh, it's pretty simple and great. It might take a moment to get used to it if you don't have any Japanese knowledge, but it gets around that pretty quickly. It's most intuitive--if you've used any 2D game map editor, you'll figure this one out quickly enough. A couple of the readme portions are translated in the Binary thread, you have to read through them.

Moving the enemies around, even slightly, tends to have a big effect, since most hacks don't do this (that didn't already have huge map changes). Neir did this by moving some groups just slightly over, which gave players a bit of a jump as they were so used to anticipating a certain group's location at a certain time.

(FE4 players suffer a lot from knowing what's going to happen :( )

Like I said on Skype, here's my character stats on C3, after I went through the arena:

[spoiler=Lots of images gogogo~]FE4Shin_00000.jpgFE4Shin_00001.jpg

FE4Shin_00002.jpgFE4Shin_00003.jpg

FE4Shin_00004.jpgFE4Shin_00005.jpg

FE4Shin_00006.jpgFE4Shin_00007.jpg

FE4Shin_00010.jpgFE4Shin_00011.jpg

FE4Shin_00026.jpgFE4Shin_00027.jpg

FE4Shin_00008.jpgFE4Shin_00009.jpg

FE4Shin_00022.jpgFE4Shin_00023.jpg

FE4Shin_00018.jpgFE4Shin_00019.jpg

FE4Shin_00012.jpgFE4Shin_00013.jpg

FE4Shin_00034.jpgFE4Shin_00035.jpg

FE4Shin_00028.jpgFE4Shin_00029.jpg

FE4Shin_00020.jpgFE4Shin_00021.jpg

FE4Shin_00024.jpgFE4Shin_00025.jpg

FE4Shin_00016.jpgFE4Shin_00017.jpg

FE4Shin_00014.jpgFE4Shin_00015.jpg

FE4Shin_00032.jpgFE4Shin_00033.jpg

FE4Shin_00030.jpgFE4Shin_00031.jpg

Lachesis and Beowulf were never recruited, and Dew died and my frustration prevented me from restarting C2 the hundredth time.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read over the changes and while I think FE4 is perfect as it is I think the changes you have made look really cool. So, I think I'll give this a try and see if perfection can be perfected with this patch.

I've read over the changes and while I think FE4 is perfect as it is I think the changes you have made look really cool. So, I think I'll give this a try and see if perfection can be perfected with this patch.

That sounds... perfect! There are a few nasty changes, but a few nice ones too. Arden is no longer trash!

I said I was sorry!

I haven't had much luck with the map editor. However, the Army nightmare module is pretty good. I've been able to move the brigands around with literally no consequences. Hopefully that should spice things up a little. I'll make sure that you keep an eye on your castles! I'm still trying to figure out what I should move where. Some of the mini-bosses should be interesting.

Does anyone have a chapter 9 save? I have a cunning plan which detaches Hannibal from his castle - much like Ayra. Recruiting him can often be a pain and this could makes things nicer. I do try to make things easier sometimes!

That would be great. I'm sure it would be more useful than just changing coordinates. It looks like I'll have to do another test playthrough :P.

Hate to double post but I've made some progress! Through a combination of google translate and dumb luck, I have figured out the map editor! Events are another much more complicated story but it means things can become even more interesting! There are several sections of maps which are hardly used, let's see if I can change that!

73406a62bfdc7858683e42b30196c1b3.png

Jungby!

8bf08ac815051dccd085ea919f0a1237.png

Someone spot the difference! Thanks Anonymous Japanese hacker!

Edited by Dokutayuu

• 1 month later...

So, I finished it! I really enjoyed some changes like the two brothers in chapter 6 are good now and I actually used Arden. I also liked the new skills as well. I thought it was neat Fin got ambush and I enjoyed Dierdre being able to promote.

You might be aware of this but the prayer sword returns to 10 even if you repair it. Sometimes the thief with a bow won't show how much damage he's doing. Last thing is the berserk effect had no effect on my characters regardless of what the status effect said.

In the end I thought it was wonderful! Thank you. :)

Thanks, Guy! The mapping thing fell through, it turns out that it's not happy coinciding with the English Patch - which really cuts down on accessibility. I'm looking at how the draft's going. Right now, it's pretty cruel without a full team.

Really? I never had an issue come up between the map editor and the English patch.

Really? I've been able to replace the prologue, but the map for chapter 1 seems to be garbled - even though I haven't touched it.

Did you overwrite the map data? That may be the issue, you should find free space (or make it) and then put the new map there. when you remake the Ch1 map can you please get rid of the spirit forest, it's so annoying especially in drafts

Yeah, it sounds like your edited map for the Prologue was larger than it was originally. When you inserted it, you overwrote chunks of data for the Chapter 1 map, most likely including a ton of header data (things more important than tiles, like village treasure info, events, tilesets, palettes, and more).

Once you compress your map, make sure it's smaller than the original size. You can repoint it if you know there's room, but it's pretty easy to just keep your map a decent size. I don't know what type of encoding the maps use, but if it's something simple like some RLE, large patches of similar tiles will be compressed much, much smaller than a bunch of unique, individual tiles in a row. Repetition is generally the best buddy to efficient compression :P

I just read the change list and it seems... Amazing!

If you don't mind I'll comment it step by step:

I-Characters: 1st Generation:

Sigurd, Fin, Levin, Holin, Lex, Ayra, Edain, Briddgit: Nothing to say, almost the same

I like Beowulf, Alec & Noish changes. They'll be more decent fighter (and better father). With is new Magic growth rate Alec shoud use decently magic swords.

Arden needed change, the result seem AMAZING! Now he sould fight! More, he need to be married to pass "Holy Sword" to the second generation... Ayra?

Cuan gains Critical, Ethlin gains Continue... OMG Altenna will be a killer (and Leaf will be better too, he need it)

Midir or Jamuka: That's the question! They both are much better as parent... I'll probably make Jamuka Lester's father (we need an heir for Verdane)

Claude have pursuit. Now he can marry Tiltyu (more the fact Arthur and Tinny are "switched")

Deu could be a better fighter (in the start)... It'll be difficult to choose between him and Arden to be Ayra's mate.

Diadora will be so much better! Celice and Yuria (and Yurius too?) will rocks! Just a question did Aura and Rezire are the same as Yuria's? Then it should be interesting to put kills on them.

Lachesis has now a decent magie. Very usefull! Once promote she sould use magie too (Levin's new Wind?) + Pursuit (only for her). Good bye damsel on distress!

Fury have minor Blagi (so is she Claude's lost sister?) I think is a bit abused for Sety and Fee. It's like they are Claude and Someone else (Levin?) children. But now Fury should marry more fighting husband. Instead you should give her a Narga Blood minor. It also boost Sety and Fee magic and magic defences stats and give Sety one more rank in Light Magic. If Narga blood is far too prestigious you should give her Fala (FuryXAzel then make Sety as the new Falafire inheritor)

Tiltyu level 12. Thanks god! Switched inheritance?... Good bye Holsety!Arthur... But can you imagine Holsety!Tinny VS Torhammer!Ishtar... WHAOU!

Better growth for Sylvia. I never use her as fighter but why not. "Dark Sword"? Very usefull for someone we give only 1 dammage!

I-Charaters: 2nd Generation

(I dont comment substitute because I don't use them...)

Johan/Johalvier have Major Neir? Whith Burian there 3 potentials user of the Swanchiska... (I don't count there father Danan and Langobalt...) Johan+Elite=Lex resurection but Johalvier's stats overkill him (and Critical too)

Hannibal. Not a big deal... I'll not use him (like always). Just a question, Could we replace him in the team by Cyas (who should inherite his father Falaflamme when defeatting him, and have sibling support with Yuria)

Corple as level 16 High Priest... so much for a boy so young... Since he could be promote into Bishop, the other high priest (Claude, Rana, Edain) could do it also?

Sety level 11. Why not, he is strong enough to gain 3 more level.

II-Item

Sword:

Fire sword calling Volcanon... isn't a bit strong for a C-sword... Arthur/Tinny no more need Azel as their father Claude's Pursuit is enough.

Earth sword with 25 uses, it really need it! It'll not break in no time.

Wind sword weigh 1... its user will never be touched ;)

Killer sword... Ayra, the death goddess

Hero sword less effective. That's true it was a bit abused

Slim sword turn to "Rapiere"... What will I give to Sylvia now?

Lance:

Javelin grants critical? Why? There's no more 2 ranges normal lance...

Hero lance Weighter than normal Lances why not, same thing that the hero sword.

Thin lance is the lance version of the "Slim sword". With it Fin needs nobody to guard Lenster in chapter 7.

Axe:

Thanks god Axes are now usable thanks to their weight reduction

Hero Axe is lighter than "normal" axes? Why? Hero Lance and sword effectivness decrease when this one increase... I don't understand

Same as Javelin, Hand axe becaume a killer one (no more 2 ranges axe?)

Shavinska changement make Langobalt and Danan much harder to kill... Good luck everyone!

Bow:

Iron bow is now Long Bow, why not...

No change on Hero Bow?... I think you'll decrease is effectivness like other Hero Weapons

Magic:

Fire and Thunder magics are lighter... now Edain shoud use Fire like her Azel

Rezziah lighter too, makes Yuria (and now Diadora) more usefull

Aura B-rank, Why? Do you plan to give it to someone?

Berserk Staff, I never use it (since i always have Corpul) By the way should you make Corpul and Leen able to receive the Berserk staff and Barriere sword?

III-Enemis

Eltosian with Ambush, I don't care because Lachesis speak to him before he attack somebody

Andre with Duel, It must be hard if you let him attack you, but since he cant fight at 1 range it must be kill before...

Langobalt+Ambush+Powered up Swansistka... OMG... Pretty hard to kill... Holy Weapons only...

Danan+Ambush, I always use two ranges attacks so I don't really care.

Blume with Warth... Pretty hard too... Perhaps with Holsety!Tinny...

Ishtor Warth+Poursuit It must be hard but not impossible

Vampa/Fetra/Elui... WHY!!! Did you hate me?! It official, we need a Holsety!Tinny

Ishtar->Warth Outch! Holsety is my friend... By the way, you should give some Fala Blood to Ishtor and Ishtar since Hilda have one.

Areone+Duel... Hard in Chapter 9 but very helpfull in epilogue

Musar->Critical it's harder but correct

Hilda have awareness, why not but you shoud give it to Azel too (Azel, Hilda and Alvis are the same family no?)

Julius with Charisma will boost Istar in chapter 10 and Dark Warlord in Epilogue

Alvis with Duel (if it's is character skill you need to put it in Yurius and Yuria but you could put it as a class skill)

Robert/Boyce... I don't remember them (are they the ones who guards Edda?)

Brian+Ambush... Like is grandpa but if could kill Langobalt, I can do the same thing to Brian (and then, steal his weapon!)

Life skill of Scorpio come from is mother right? By the way you should add some Ulir Blood to him.

Manfroy!Duel... I love Mages Duel... But I think Ares or Celice will kill him anywhay.

IV-Other

Warriors can use A-rank bow. It's unfair for the Archer/Sniper

Pursuit for Princess Lachesis... already see it before

Hight priest now B-rank light magic... That's why Aura is now B. The only way to pass it to the second generation is to give it to Claude and marry Claude with Sylvia...

Female MAge fighter have a B-rank sword... Why it'n not the case for the Male? They can't use staff and now they have lower swords... It's really unfair

Forrest/Forrest Knight B-rank Axe is normal

No Lance for Female paladdin but an higher Staff rank... I find it pretty fair but it should decrease Nanna fighting ability when her father is a pure warrior

Celice can't dismount... honestly i don't care...

Sage only a C-rank Light Magic... It was already the case since they can only use Light (in the normal FE4)

Thief with Canto fit there class... but the bow (EdinXDeu Briddgit/Jamka?) It will be pretty hard for Fee to kill the thief fighter in chapter 8..

Dragon Classes have the skill Critical... It's a bit redundant for Altenna since Cuan already have it.

Volcanon in the first generation, a gift for Azel.

Dagon have the swantiska? But what does Brian have?

V-New thing I think you shoud change.

-Like I said before you should remplace Hannibal (I think he's useless) by Cyas. Speaking to Hanibal with Corpul/Sharlow in chapter 9 turn him into an NPC (speak again to have the Berserk Staff). Then in chapter 10 you cant turn Morrigan (the dark bishop of Rada) or Ridale (the paladdin) or any other ennemis into Cyas and recrutes him by speaking with Sety. It should inherite the Falafire, have the Major Fala and minor Loptus, have the same skill set than Alvis and Charisma (to compansated his Leader Stars from FE5). He should have a bound support with Yuria (his sister) and Sety. For the epilogue his sould inherite of Velthomer along with Azel's son (Like Johan/Johalver with Lex's son).

-Also, It must be cool if Corpul and Leen should have Berserk staff ans Barrier Sword but I already said it

-You should also change Yuria/Celice love growth, why not a start of 0 with a growth of -3 (so if they are next to each other they gain 2 love points so you need at least 125 turns (2 chapter and half) to fall in love). Moreover if you put Cyas, you should add a conversation with Yuria and give them some Love points.

-You could also correct the holy blood problem: Celice and Yuria minor Loptus, Ishtar and Ishtor minor fala, Hilda minor Fala (in epilogue), Scorpio minor Ulir, Levin's uncles minor Holsety.

Of course, I say it but I dont know if it's possible... If it's not the case, forgive me.

If you read all my comment congratulation!!!

Edited by Apollocles

The changelog's a little outdated, a lot of stuff's changed. Right now I'm messing around with maps. I've somehow ended up with everybody being called Sigurd.

I always wondered why Maios and Daccar didn't have Minor Holsety blood (unless Rahna was the one who had Major Holsety) and yet most of the Epilogue's bosses who didn't have Holy Blood are in the Holy Blood Editor. Also, you could use that to give Shagall Minor Hezul (since he is a descendant of Hezul, technically).

Very intrigued, I decide to try this patch. This is what I think step by step.

Prologue:

Little thing you can change for completing the game.

You should complete skill list and edit the skill description in profil page

By the way Long Bow only show 2 red cases. Can you fix it?

I never use Arden so much, It's pleasable. But Sigurd and Cuan are pretty weak. They'll need a lot of training.

Continue+Pursuit+light Fire Magic = Azel the killer

However it was pretty hard to kill the first boss (Gerrard). What will it be after... But I beat thanks to the love between Ethlin and Cuan. Love always

Wins!

Chapter 1:

Arden and Ethlin complete the arena but not Sigurd, I need to buy him the Slim sword...

Sigurd up to level 9... no gain. RNG hates me :(:

Arena results: * for the prepromote and the Lenster knights, 6 for Azel and 4/3 for the others...

Deu+Long Bow+Canto = Robin Hood! By the way, He should start with a Bow in is inventory...

Cuan with Sigurd's Steel Sword rocks in this chapters where there are so many Axe users, but it's not the case for my poor Fin.

Some brigands don't attack me in chapter one. Let's me explain the situation. After killing a great part (but not all) of Gandolf army with Cuan and Ethlin, I turn back Ethlin to Genoa and I send Cuan save the far-west village. Neither of them was in brigand's range so they come back in their original place and then do not follow you even if they can. They act like the 3 soldiers around DiMaggio in the prologue. I don't know is it's a problem of if it's normal so I prefer to tell you.

What!!!! Ayra attack me even after I took Genoa... It's unfair!

Bow!Deu animation is a bit special... sometimes we don't see is opposant and the dammage doesn't appears, but the gold stolen is... can you fix it?

One more thing. Since Deu and Ardan can use bow, We're a bit out of bow (3 bows for 4 archers) perhaps you should add one here in the next chapter. (If you could give also a life staff to Diadora)

Chapter 2:

Whaou! The new Diadora rocks! She nearly finish the arena (she stop at the same level than her husband)

And I never train Deu so fast!

But what happens to Ayra? She seems not as good as she used to. She is pretty hard to train. Perhaps because the ennemis are stronger then they use to be.

Classement after Chapter2 arena:

Characters -> Level (Exp)

Lex -> 14 (68)

Cuan -> 13 (87)

Holin -> 13 (82)

Sigurd -> 13 (68)

Ardan -> 13 (19)

Ethlin -> 12 (91)

Fin -> 10 (83)

Jamuka -> 10 (71)

Deu -> 9 (28)

Aideen -> 8 (60)

Deirdre -> 8 (12)

Midir -> 8 (5)

Ayra -> 7 (83)

Noish -> 7 (78)

Azel -> 7 (76)

Alec -> 5 (85)

There's a little problem with the ballista's map animation. A little black bubble appears upon them.

My Couples:

Ayra/Arden -> Done

Edin/Jamuka -> Done

Tiltyu/Levin

Fury/Azel

Sylvia/Claude

Briddgit/Holin

Lachesis/Lex

I have thinking about how to make Hannibal more usefull. We should have Hannibal as an unpromote General (like Ardan), in a lower level (~15), give him more growth rate (that you've already done) specialy in Magic. Now, in Baron, he should be more polyvalent. You should also give him some minor Dain blood (he should be some distant cousin of Trabant) to improve his rate. Whith is skills collection, now I think he may be usable.

I always wondered why Maios and Daccar didn't have Minor Holsety blood (unless Rahna was the one who had Major Holsety) and yet most of the Epilogue's bosses who didn't have Holy Blood are in the Holy Blood Editor. Also, you could use that to give Shagall Minor Hezul (since he is a descendant of Hezul, technically).

Technically I can't give Shagall any blood. He's treated as a generic unit, hence him having no luck. I'm guessing the Epilogue's bosses were given Holy Blood so they could wield those A rank tomes.

I'm aware there are some difficulty issues, I'm checking it as I go through adding maps, the Spirit Forest shall infuriate no more!

Actually the Epilogue Bosses don't have Holy Blood from what I remember, even Minor Blood. I wonder, though, if it is possible to give someone like Shagall Holy Blood and give him non-genericness. Not like it would matter much anyway because Eltshan would still have Mistolin. But what I find interesting is that a decent portion of the Gen 2 Bosses are in that editor. Even the Mage Sisters, who have no Holy Blood. And all of the Dark Warlords.