Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Actually the Epilogue Bosses don't have Holy Blood from what I remember, even Minor Blood. [...] Even the Mage Sisters, who have no Holy Blood. And all of the Dark Warlords.

That's true, but the 3 pegasus sisters who came with Ishtar (Maybell + 2 others who i don't remember the names) each have a minor Holsety and Hilda have a Major Dain (this last one is an error, it should be a minor Fala like in chapter 10), without speacking of Burian, Ishtar, Yurius.

@Dokutayuu... If someday you can change Holy Bloods, there's a lot of mistake you should correct (Scorpio (minor Ulir), Ishtar & Ishtor (minor Fala), Levin's uncles (minor Holsety), Shagall (minor Hezul), Yuria and Celice (minor Loptus), Yurius (minor Narga), Epilogue!Hilda (minor Fala instead of Major Dain))

Edited by Apollocles

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuria and Celice actually shouldn't have Minor Loputosou. And neither should Yurius.

I don't remember where, but there was some sort of developer's notes that said in an ideal game, kids would only inherit 2 bloods, or could only get 1 Major blood. You can check the relation chart on the main site to see it. If you include Cyas, then between him, and the other 3 kids you get all of the possible variations of Alvis, Diadora, and Sigurd's Holy Blood.

Yuria and Celice actually shouldn't have Minor Loputosou. And neither should Yurius.

I don't remember where, but there was some sort of developer's notes that said in an ideal game, kids would only inherit 2 bloods, or could only get 1 Major blood. You can check the relation chart on the main site to see it. If you include Cyas, then between him, and the other 3 kids you get all of the possible variations of Alvis, Diadora, and Sigurd's Holy Blood.

That's something I don't understand... why only two! I should understand the "one major" thing but not that.

Dispide, even with Cyas, there lake some variations: Baldo+Louptous or Narga+Louptous (without speaking of the variation of Major and minor)

Edited by Apollocles

1st Generation finished!

Chapter 3:

Ayra became better. Thanks to her new Slim Sword and the arena full of Horsemens and Armors, she gains a lot of Exp!

Sylvia, thanks to her new skill, takes less time to fight in the arena...

By the way, do you know that the base conversation (between two lovers) aren't translate.

The pirates of the east (near the bridge) don't attack my Lex...

Leaving characters stats:

Characters: niv/exp/hp/str/mag/skl/spd/lck/def/res

Diadora: 22/66/41/2/30/19/23/18/7/25

Ethlin: 27/42/44/20/14/22/25/12/16/12

Cuan: 19/89/49/23/1/22/16/8/16/6

Fin: 20/73/43/22/1/19/23/19/19/4

Chapter 4:

Very easy with so much archer (Briddjit, Jamuka, Mideal, Deu, Lachesis, Ardan)

Chapter 5:

Baron!Ardan is so strong! He kill everyone!

I just finish the 1st gen... It was very funny!

Characters stats:

Characters: niv/exp/hp/str/mag/skl/spd/lck/def/res

Sigurd: 21/39/53/21/3/15/14/15/12/5

Noish: 13/33/41/15/0/14/12/5/13/0

Alec: 11/40/38/12/3/15/15/12/11/5

Ardan: 25/75/62/27/11/22/11/3/30/14

Midayle: 20/55/40/16/0/20/22/8/19/5

Azel: 24/92/47/13/22/16/24/10/12/13

Lex: 30/0/58/28/2/22/22/16/27/5

Edin: 30/0/48/3/23/19/23/30/9/16

Deu: 21/6/40/23/5/23/26/20/18/4

Ayra: 24/26/45/20/3/30/28/9/10/3

Jamuka: 25/96/51/22/3/22/24/14/19/6

Holyn: 23/43/58/24/4/28/21/8/22/4

Lachesis: 30/0/48/27/13/24/20/15/15/15

Levin: 26/11/51/2/28/23/30/7/8/13

Sylvia: 25/0/46/10/9/15/22/20/10/23

Beowulf: 18/11/58/19/0/19/19/3/15/1

Fury: 24/9/43/17/13/21/27/13/19/18

Briddgit: 24/16/49/25/5/27/24/20/16/13

Tiltyu: 24/32/41/8/21/21/20/18/9/16

Claude: 30/0/40/0/26/16/18/14/8/23

Just a question, Why did you give Axe as second weapon to Bow Knight and not Sword (like Nomade in FE6/7 or Ranger FE8) If it was the case, Azel should be married with Edin because he had his strengh up, boost Rana magic and Lester should use Magic sword.

Now, let's play with Celice and the 2nd Generation!

I gave then axes because nobody else had them. In the second gen, there's a tonne of sword users. Previously, only Johan/Johalva, Leaf and Hannibal had access to axes, so a lot of axes went unused. Now, Skasaha, Lester, Delmud and their subs, Oifaye and Aless have joined them.

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly a whole year, I've got something to show! 1.7 is out, featuring map changes and some funky balance stuff. The Shin Patch draft highlighted a few areas that needed adjustment, keep at it guys!

• 1 month later...

Been lurking this thread for a while, finally got around to playing and I was having a bit of a dilemma with choosing a couple parents. So, I figured I'd post what I was thinking here and see what you thought.

First thing I was thinking about is Dew. With his growths and bases, along with the additional Continue he now has, I really want to pair him. At first I was thinking Aideen because Dew has C Bows now, but lack of pursuit has never sat well with me. After thinking about it I'm left with 2 options. DewxLachesis (I THINK she had pursuit? I'm still early C1) or DewxBrigid. I've never done either pairing so if someone has any input or just wants me to use one over the other. Whichever I don't pair with Dew, I'll be pairing with Alec because of that sword skill. >_>

Other then that I'll probably be going for something along these lines;

Aideen x Midir (Considering Jamka, but Critical is just so nice.)

Aira x Noishe

Sylvia x Beowulf/Holyn/Arden? (Not too certain about this, but Arden is surprisingly good and it could be interesting)

Fury x Levin/Azel

Tiltyu x Levin/Azel (Not set in stone on either pairing idea yet, and really...I don't think it'll matter too much either way. The kids will still be amazing.)

Edit: Minor glitch I came across, not sure if it has already been reported. Having Dew use the Long bow in the arena vs 2 range enemies does something odd. Enemies still get their attacks out, but dews arrow vanishes the moment it would normally come out and he auto-misses.

Edit #2: ....Tested with the killer bow, and it had the same effect. Rather, I let it sit for a moment and it just doesn't register any hits/damage dew does on screen. Dulles (Last arena guy in C1) vanished at seemingly full health after a couple rounds. O.o

Edit #3: Dew with bows completely glitches and freezes the game when doing map animations as well. After Alec promoted to Paladin, he lost canto and his class doesn't appear where it should. In the menu it just says his name and then a big ol' empty space where "Paladin" should read. Alec also can no longer use lances. It freezes the game when he does with animations on at least.

Edited by Alkaidism

Thanks, it looks like I've messed something up. Bow animations don't play properly, but they do work... it just doesn't show. I'll fix Alec's promotion too. It should be a custom class :P.

EDIT: I'm so nice that I'm doing it now! Look out for the altered! maps! Check OP for details

Edited by Dokutayuu

It might have to wait a little while. Neither chapters 2 or 3 have much space for editing. However, 4 and 5 have plenty of space. Think of the evil!

You could maybe try and remove some of the forests from 2 or add a way to get down the other side since it gets a bit annoying with Levin and Sylvia. Maybe a way to get down near the Cutter village.

3 is fine the way it is.

Edited by arachnidsGrip

It might have to wait a little while. Neither chapters 2 or 3 have much space for editing. However, 4 and 5 have plenty of space. Think of the evil!

You can always reorder the maps at the very end of the project, since when all the edits are said in done, you might have even more space than the original game! It's just a matter of seeing how the compression of the new maps work with the space taken from the original games.

A lot of the size has to do with how you used tiles in the original map. We might also be able to make use some new space if we expand the ROM. In case you do want to do some large edits but aren't sure if you'll have the space to do it :)

That is an interesting idea, Celice. Hopefully some of the later maps will be smaller than their original. Although you'll need to lend me a hand with some of that stuff, it sounds tricky.

• 5 weeks later...

Dew should NOT be allowed to cross dense woods.

Because this can happen.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00003-19.jpg

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00004-15.jpg

He can cross areas in Chapter 1 and 2 where units usually couldn't.

On a side note, <3 Diadora.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00001-30.jpg

Dew can get to enemy territory before he's supposed to, and this can happen if he stands in the wrong spot.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00005-13.jpg

I can't select Dew now. He's grey because sleep.

But you know where Dew isn't supposed to go, so you're entirely at fault.

Plus, it's only in chapter 2. Any later one has the territory partitioned off anyway because fliers.

That's what you get for trying to cheat the Shin Patch! May your punishment be a lesson.

In other news, I've got a lot of uni work, so the Shin Patch has taken a backseat for now. Don't worry, it's something I'm going to torture you all with in two weeks time!

Dew can get to enemy territory before he's supposed to,

So what?

and this can happen if he stands in the wrong spot.

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00005-13.jpg

I can't select Dew now. He's grey because sleep.

So you put Dew in the range of a guy with Sleep, and he got slept? Sounds like you only have yourself to blame. That would be like using a Warp staff to put Niime in an unreachable spot and complaining that you can't get her out.

It is a problem, because unlike the rest of the game, borders aren't really implemented until later in this chapter. That's something to complain over--

but it doesn't excuse putting yourself into a position you know you're gonna get fucked over in. It's a valid complaint if you couldn't help getting into this position. But since you chose to walk there, it's not really a big problem :p