Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City

Ein

I didn't mean what items we need to make the forge happen, I meant what the actual accessory was we're supposed to apply these to. I'm doing a bit of Golden Sun now, so I can't look, but I don't think there is an item called amulet or anything.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh... So you need to know about which Amulets are effective against the bosses or what? I'm confused. ._.

Well, I do want to know that (I don't know what the hell Blow from the Dragon counts as, for instance. Bash if I take it as the physical move of inflicting a blow onto someone, and something else if it's the act of blowing on someone).

What accessories can be used to MAKE these amulets is what I'm asking. I gathered from what you said before that they weren't amulets in the strict sense, but accessories that have 5 forge slots (And if you combine two of them you're immune, I would imagine, unless it's 20 percent rather then 10), but I don't know what accessories have 5 forge slots available.

Oh. The accessories are the Amulets.

For the Dragon I have no idea. I guess Blow would be bash since Pierce Amulets don't don't help.

As for the dragon battles themselves. You need a tank and Antiskills or Prophecy spells.

For the Dragon battle you'll need 2 Crush Amulets, I guess, on everyone except the tank who equips one Slice Amulet. Use Provoke or Otori or something that makes the tank the main target for Fangs. Bring some Therica B or whichever cure status ailments to deal with Paralysis. Make sure you do NOT use too many buffs. More than 8 and the Dragon will start using Claws when its health goes below 25% which deals damage, debuffs the party, and has a chance to inflict Death.

For the Wyrm battle you'll need 2 Slice Amulets on everyone except the tank who equips one Crush Amulet. Same deal with the tank. Use Prevent Order unless you want to die a horrible horrible death thanks to Confusion. One of the Wyrm's attacks can bind the parties legs but it's leg bind so who cares. Well... You should care if you are using a Warrior Might user but if you are the user is probably being Bodyguard'ed.

For the Drake battle you'll need 2 Crush Amulets on everyone except the tank who equips a Pierce Amulet. The Drake does not have 0 Point in this game, thankfully, but Ice Crush can bind a party members head so bring some Therica A or whichever removes binds. Also bring some Metopon for Regen and Ice Block.

The reason you want 2 Amulets on everyone else is because with 2 it reduces damage by 100% making the attacks deal around 1-10 damage.

Snargleblargh

None of the accessories have open forge slots. The Slice/Pierce/Crush Amulet have 5 slots of the respective element.

The only other accessory that resists those are the Slice/Pierce/Crush Charms which have 3.

You obviously want the Amulets since resisting 100% of the damage is better than 60%.

I hope I understood this time...

OH, I was under the impression you had to forge the effects yourself, not pick up that many items in order to make Napier sell it! That makes way more sense.

Dragon's dead. Meteor spam slaughters all. :33

Drake kicked my ass, though. I'll need to figure out what it does. Shower doesn't seem to be a crushing move, though.

Ice Crush is the Crush attack and hits the party. Shower is the Piercing attack that randomly hits the party 5-7 times which is why having a tank with a skill that makes the enemy target them used on them is recommended.

Yep. I suppose I should get the pierce amulet... though, I could probably go with the charm at this point. My Hoplite can survive a hit to half without any help, so.

FURBY IS THE DRAGON SLAYEREST!

Finally killed all three of the assholes. Which gave me a sword I can't use unless I gave it to my Hoplite. FUUUUU-

Well, now to finish navigating the 6th stratum, kill myself an Abyssal God, and then work for the Eldest Dragon and all the extra drops.

The Dragonbane is pretty lame unless a Gladiator/Shogun uses it with the sword being fully forged with eight Fire/Ice/Volt slots. Or maybe I'm just saying this because I love to spam Warrior Might. Hm...

Have fun in the 6ths stratum. :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...

Casually strolling through the game: 3rd Stratum. I have one thing to say:

FRICKIN' GATEKEEPER

(Narmer wasn't that bad, neither was Ketos. I think I'm probably underleveled for Gatekeeper. (Party is ~Lv31) Any thoughts?)

Oh hey! Activity for some reason.

Anyway. If you have the Aegis Defense Limit skill use it. I THINK you get it from the sea quest in which you fight the Hammerhead.

No matter what the Gatekeeper will always use Souha Stance followed by Tenchi Souha Sho which is a physical attack. You should be able to get enough Limit skill points for another Aegis Defense when it reforms.

When it splits into two parts... I forget what to do. I know the body uses physical attacks and Line Guard can deal with that but the head uses elemental attacks so deal with that however you can.

Cool, thanks for the tips. Probably should have items on hand, might help. (But I can't be bothered gathering atm.)

Also: Etheric Charged Hellfire~

Edit: Beat the Gatekeeper. Only took ~18 turns.

Edited by Mist