Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City

Ein

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buccaneer - obvious reasons, including self-TP healing.

Farmer - I hate trap floors, and I hate having to rearrange my party to get stuff off of harvest points. To Market rocks.

Someone was looking for Trifead something-or-others, but I haven't gotten around to trading that yet. I know the Topaz trader was for Amritas, and it's the cheapest way to get them (even if you can only get one at a time). It was also the only way I could, ahem, farm them for the Narmer fight.

wat do you think the best boss for farming money is? i personally love the penguin because it only takes 4-5 turns to kill it ( and it is like a Pokemon, it use bind, lol)

this is a cool combination, shogun/Buccaneer in the back row. swashbuckling with 2 guns can charge up limit gauge in 2-3 turns, allowing it to spam limit attacks.

wat do you think the best boss for farming money is? i personally love the penguin because it only takes 4-5 turns to kill it ( and it is like a Pokemon, it use bind, lol)

this is a cool combination, shogun/Buccaneer in the back row. swashbuckling with 2 guns can charge up limit gauge in 2-3 turns, allowing it to spam limit attacks.

For making money through boss farming you can always use the Scylla RNG exploit.

Just save at the port.

Soft reset/turn the system off.

Accept the first quest for the Scylla fight.

Place 1 party member on the second slot.

Try to escape and the Wildling does all the work for you.

You end up getting 28000 EXP and 1980 En I think. Although you can make way more money by using two or three Farmers with Double Crop and maxed out Keen Nose.

Also a Shuccaneer would have access to the one of the best guns of the game from the conditional drop from the Gatekeeper (whole form) since it's one of the few weapons with Limit forges. The other two are a katana made from the conditional drop of the Mother Dragon which is pretty decent and a unique mace with 6 slots but 1 ATK.

The Zodiac's Prophecy spells are really expensive though and you don't really need the elemental Star spells any higher than level 1. A Charged Meteor attack deals some good damage though.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

prophecies are kind of useless. first of all, it is hard to predict enemy moves,( excluding Souha stance from guardian), thus you have no idea if prophecies will even do anything. secondly, t if an enemy use a volt attack, they will probably have resistance to volt. thus if you use volt prophecy, it will just negate the damage and you will do very little to the enemy. the only time i got a prophecy based zodiac is when i felt the urge to hunt divine judge in 5th stratum, stops they volt attack so my emo monk droid can pummel it to death.

Edited by themastersays

The Anti skills and Prophecy spells are used against the three dragons since they use their elemental breathe attack on the 1st turn and every 5th turn. They are also used against other bosses as well like Leviathan. Each boss has a pattern and they won't deviate from it unless you do something that makes them break the pattern or their health is low enough that it changes their pattern anyway.

With Meteor, it deals 50% damage with 5-6 hits on an enemy (we'll assume Dark Ether has been cast). Singularity increases the damage to 100% of the damage dealt. This means that you're dealing 500-600% damage with your Meteor. If you have a 100 Attack Ninja/Zodiac, we're looking at a damage potential of 500-600 points. If you put this on a boss, such as The Gatekeeper, that's about half of his health gone (this depends on whether the boss can have Singularity activated. Either way, it's still and good sized chunk even without Singularity. 250-300 damage).

A Zodiac/Gladiator can just Charge for massive damage without stat boosting potion grinding.

Also a Shogun/Buccaneer with Second Sword and maxed out Swashbuckling and a Gladiator/Shogun or Arbalist/Shogun with elemental forges can deal a lot of damage if Swashbuckling activates multiple times and this is one of the best damage dealing combo in the game.

Charge when maxed out takes away 90% of your HP. Yes, you get a 90% ATK boost, but leaving yourself in the red zone is just too risky for me. Unless you know your Monk can Heal before the enemy hits, your Gladiator is almost guaranteed to become a paste.

And the Nin/Zod still has access to knives. While they don't offer an impressive attack boost, they can still deal fairly decent damage.

And that does sound impressive.

You're thinking of Berserker Vow which is actually pretty good and you can just have your Hoplite defend the user since Hoplites are fucking awesome!

Poor Ninjas are stuck with weak weapons and attack skills though... : (

But they make a great support class. : )

I happen to be quite fond of Izuna (the skill and the pink-haired ninja. . .but that's for another day). Izuna the Skill has gotten me out of a few bad monster jams. Stupid third stratum. . .

Izuna is pretty good. That and it's the only skill in the game that can petrify and the Mother Dragon's conditional drop is obtained by petrifying it.

I don't recall there being a pink haired ninja though.

Izuna is pretty good. That and it's the only skill in the game that can petrify and the Mother Dragon's conditional drop is obtained by petrifying it.

I don't recall there being a pink haired ninja though.

She's talking about another game, Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. It's a roguelike.

Oh right. Forgot about her.

Anyway, I inadvertently unlocked the fight for the Drake in my second play through and I'm not going near that thing for a while. I was wondering where it was for the longest.

the izuna Eclipse is referring to is from a game called Izuna legend of the unemployed ninja, a dungeon crawler.

was thinking of using android/zodiac for meteor, but not sure if i rocket fist's arm bind will affect the power of it. if it does, that mean TP recovery is down to 10 perturn.

It would but they are still stuck with a base and permanent 60 TP with out TP boosts.

Oh yeah. I just got the ending for going the Deep City route... Now I'm sad again.

The Shogun class just opens up much more high damaging combinations.

Even if the Yggdroid are referred to as the worst class in the game they are still quite useful. You just need to build a party around them.

odd...the droid i got from retiring have a base TP of 63, i am sure that none of it's armor give it TP boost.

i don't think droids are bad. They hit hard, wear heavy armor, have a consistent TP recovery method, and makes front-line mortar look dangerous. they are also immune to binding unless they do it to themselves. they are just awefully slow. considering most physical based attack have TP cost around 20 when maxed out, ( breakfire is 16), base TP of 60 is not too bad consider you can recover TP passively(max recovery of 30 perturn).

i am finally close to finishing my third run of the story, apparently both of the 4th stratum boss are there when you branch into that good ending route. anyone know what kirin ( thunderbeast)'s conditionally drop requirement is? i hope it it not kill itself with curse damage, that is just annoying. had to so that for scyllia, longest stamina match ever with a boss.

Edited by themastersays

Yeah you have to defeat Kirin with Curse damage. You can just use a Formaldehyde though. You can make more by getting the normal drop from the sheep FOEs on the 6th stratum.

As for the true ending there is a unique enemy with the last boss that should be defeated first to get its info. At least that's what I recall.

T_T, need to stock up on curse gas. Formaldehyde are going to be for those dragons, don't feel like chipping off the last few drop of HP from ice dragon knowing it have HP draining move

unless...is there a way to get Formaldehyde? merchant ship?

also, what is the acquirement for giant core drop from Guardian? last time i got it, i got lucky by binding everything with 3 strange seed,