Fire Emblem World Cup | online multiplayer fan game

Sylvan

Oh right, yeah the trial map doesn't use the units you pick. It uses default ones. I intend to fix that when I balance the classes and items.

I also quickly pushed out these new features into the site:

- super effective bonus (right now only applies to bows against pegasus)

- faster movement, 4x speedup

- "surrender" option

- "units" option now does something

- "trade" option

- the trial map now uses your multiplayer units

Edited by Sylvan

• 3 months later...

Still no new classes. But better AI and something like a first single-player mission is up.

Slow progress this time of year, mostly thanks to Chinese New Year. I'm honestly not too sure what else I've added since the last post, a lot of the engine has been rewritten to be much nicer.

http://zoidscore.vlexo.net/femmo/demo/menu.html

Whoa dude that is actually really sweet. I know it's incomplete, but I know how much work it takes to code an FE-like engine seeing as this partially finished one I already have keeps crashing on me

If it's possible, may I see your source? I'm curious as to how you implemented some things (seeing as Bwdyeti refuses to show me his FE7x source...)

Yeah, go ahead. The easiest way to see the source is to just go to the demo, right-click, view source. It's all there in plain text.

That'll give you access to everything but the server side and the design doc. If you want either of these I can post them as well.

That being said, it'll run just fine without the server side stuff.

ah right

see I'm too used to google chrome displaying every single source on the page ever except just the one or two things I actually want to find

But thanks, that's interesting. I'll try this out when my connection isn't shit.

Stuff that doesn't work in that weird browser eclipse uses:

- The yellow cursor is very hard to see against the grass

- Item/Wait aren't highlighted, so I have to do a bit of guessing in regards to that

- My inventory's still full of stuff I didn't ask for

- Enemy phase causes the browser to lag

- My archer healed the enemy?!

dEYHf.png

- The image accompanying "You Won" didn't load. Not sure if that's my browser's fault or not.

Cool stuff:

- The animation's super-smooth, aesthetics-wise

- Calculations work as they should

- ZOMG pegasus movement

Edited by eclipse

@Camtech:

If you need anything specific, just ask and I can give some pointers. Other than that, when I do the edits to the source I usually only have the one file open. The source is in here (In case it becomes mixed up in iframes from the other link):

http://zoidscore.vlexo.net/femmo/demo/game.html

The yellow cursor is very hard to see against the grass

Fixed! I replaced the yellow square with the GBA cursor image.

- Item/Wait aren't highlighted, so I have to do a bit of guessing in regards to that

Yeah, when I uploaded the fonts (which I only did on Tuesday) it broke the battle HP bars and menu selection highlighting. But that should be fixed now! I put in the floating finger thingie.

- My inventory's still full of stuff I didn't ask for

I haven't looked into this just yet....

- Enemy phase causes the browser to lag

Try chrome. Right now that's the only fix I've got. Currently I'm only testing and developing in chrome, so I haven't done any optimisations or quirks checks for other browsers. I just tried comparing the performance in chrome vs firefox. Chrome finished moving all 5 units before Firefox had moved even 3. Optimisations I'll try and do after version 1, which who knows how long that'll take. I'm not sure if I'm even 10% the way there yet.

- My archer healed the enemy?!

Fixed! Well, it's fixed in the first campaign mission. The demo map still has buggy HP. (stats in general for the demo map a wonky)

- The image accompanying "You Won" didn't load. Not sure if that's my browser's fault or not.

That's still a placeholder. Thanks for reminding me though, because I haven't actually completed a level in ages, this wasn't on my to-do list XD I'll add it now.

Other things that I just pushed out:

The glowing movement squares from the GBA games.

Trade menu fixes.

HP bar/HP text in battles works.

BTW, I love this kind of feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
If it's possible, may I see your source? I'm curious as to how you implemented some things (seeing as Bwdyeti refuses to show me his FE7x source...)

You realize he released FEXP right? I mean, the moverange.dll and other dll's are encrypted, if those are what you mean, but if not then everything else is unencrypted.

• 1 month later...

So, I've overhauled the site to make it look half-decent. Added 3 new classes, fixed the broken multiplayer. Added default weapons for new players. Added an axe user! (Brigand)

Still only 1 chapter in the campaign mode, and levelling up hasn't been added yet. Same with mages and magic.

With this, I'm announcing version 0.1.1!

As a rough indication, version 1.0 is deemed to be the first "non-demo" release of the game.

The site is now available through the main link:

http://zoidscore.vlexo.net/

The other links will likely get you hitting a 404, or an old version of the site.

guess you haven't tried just decompiling it

a) decompilers are for the weak

b) i haven't even downloaded the new fe7x (i did have a pre-release version but i haven't opened that up either)

c) at this stage i truly don't care about java any more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, right.

Each village has a different class. So one village will allow you to class change to a thief, while another others have different ones.

Same goes for armouries/weapons. Each one is different.